Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Christina's WaveDancers artage

Go down 
+4
TrollHammer
Firebringer
Blackbird
Leanan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

Christina's WaveDancers artage Empty
PostSubject: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Here's the thread for my WaveDancers inspired art stuff Smile Much is old, but I'll also be posting tons of new stuff. I just can't tire of drawing (or writing about) the WaveDancers.... but then, I'm me, what else can you expect? Very Happy

I'll also try to set up an index much like we had in the old forum... if I still remember how to go about it, that'd be cool! Smile

But let's start right away with an old-timer...

Two Hearts Big - drawn for my dearest friend Embala, who brought be back to EQ fandom after a long hiatus! Brill and Skimback during the happy times when they still were lovemates...
Christina's WaveDancers artage Two-he11

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Sunstream and Brill, 1999 "Lovemates" Calendar
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Farbright - just a quick sketch of everyone's favorite little mermaid! (or well, my favorite at any rate Wink )

Christina's WaveDancers artage Farbri10

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Haze - and of course, if we have a Farbright, Haze couldn't e very far away from his beloved! Wink

Christina's WaveDancers artage Haze-s10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Pearl - My first sketch on one of the faceless WaveDancers! This is how I imagine Pearl, Redcrest's lifemate and the mother of Kroosh and Strand, might have looked like. The tribe could use more fish-tailed WaveDancers! Also, given how the red hair seems to run strong in the family (not just Redcrest and Kroosh, but also Puffer all have red hair - reinforced by Spray's and Foam's), I went with the assumption that Strand's black curls must come from his mom's side of the family - even if elf genetics don't work like human genetics. And, uhm, he inherited his quiet personality from her too... because Redcrest might say and do little, but that little he does seems to mark him a san elf of action. He's a scout, a tracker (the best set of eyes in the tribe) and even fought off sharks when his son was bitten, in a kick-ass Father Wolf moment. So I imagined Pearl as being something of a total opposite... motherly, gentle, wise, calm, a cross between Rainsong and Venka. I'm working on a colored version that will be up soonish! ^_^

Christina's WaveDancers artage Pearl-10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Swim with us! - they're WaveDancers and they're WaveDancing, kinda self-obvious Wink Darshek, Krill, Sandsparkle and Kroosh aka the fiesty and free spirited heart of the tribe!

Christina's WaveDancers artage Swim-w11

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Disney Theme Park - I drew this one for the Quarterly Art Challenge at EQfanart.com some time last year. The theme was to go with elves as Disney villains, well I can't resist a challenge so here are Sunstream as Dr. Facilier (sporting a very Bearclaw-ish stache Very Happy) and preggers Brill as Ursula (technically Korafay is there too Wink) having a blast at a Disney-themed park a little before their baby angel is born. Aww! ^_^

Christina's WaveDancers artage Brill-10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Proud grandparents - not all surprising that a specially gifted child like Korafay can sense the love and warmth projected by the spirit of her deceased grandparents. And she swims right up in her grandpa Haze's arms... though grandmama Farbright looks like she's about to steal her any moment! Wink Experimenting with drawing the spirits in the comic's style... I like how they turned out!

Christina's WaveDancers artage Proud-10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Pip - aka the precious golden child that never was! Now who's this? Skimback and Sandsparkle's baby of course! We never knew if they had a boy or a girl, nor what s/he was called, so I went ahead and made an androgynous (sp?) looking elf-baby that I named... Pip (yep, a pun on the fact that it's how the WaveDancers call their younglings)! Since he doesn't really have a name in canon EQ, it's as good a nick as another until Warp says otherwise! (hey, if Ruffel got named by fans, so can Pip!). I gave him his father's beautiful golden skin and eyes, and his mother's sandy blonde hair (yes, I know Wendy later made Sandsparkle's hair ginger, but I prefer her with the sandy blonde tight curls she had in Turning Tide - fits her name sooo much better!)

Christina's WaveDancers artage Pip10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Zephyr - one of my three entries for the 2015 Fan Art Calendar, the theme was Emotive Portraits and this is my defiant, daring, bold Zephyr! I love you I went with Startear's coloring scheme for him - ever since Embala showed it to me it's become my head canon for Zephyr. Why aren't there more silver haired WaveDancers? Hopefully I have done him at least some justice ^^ I'll totally be drawing more background WaveDancers in the future!

Christina's WaveDancers artage Zephyr10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Brill - Entry #2 for the Fan Art Calendar. This is how I imagine Brill's reaction to Skimback and Sandsparkle's out-of-the-blue Recognition. Having known each other for so long, and with how close she and Skimback were, I think she had really taken it for granted that when "Eyes met Eyes" it would be them. And now she feels as though the life she has always known - relied upon - is slipping from her fingers and she can't do a thing about it as it leaves her behind. See the fish behind her? It's symbolic in that it can swim away... but Brill can't, not from this at any rate. (Of course, we readers know that Sunstream is right around the corner, waiting for her! Wink)

Christina's WaveDancers artage Brill10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Wavelet - third and final entry for the Calendar! Wavelet is another of those little represented characters, both in fan art and fan fiction, so drawing her was a great honor! I went with the coloring I remembered from Cathy Purchis's WaveDancers Who's Who - I think she had colored it with indications from either Vickie Murphy or Wendi Strang-Frost. Feeling lonely and sad after a life spent away from any other "spirit"... wondering if she's the only of her kind left in the world. As beloved as she was by the Village of the People... there must have been times of harrowing loneliness too.

Christina's WaveDancers artage Wavele10

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Last for today - more tomorrow!

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:42 am

Great to see you here Christina Very Happy Think I mentioned you of one of the people I missed from the old forum, so it's great you showed up Smile I remember you from the early days, so it's fun to see how MUCh your art has evolved, from little drawing to this, it's so beautiful Smile

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:59 am

Blackbird wrote:
Great to see you here Christina Very Happy Think I mentioned you of one of the people I missed from the old forum, so it's great you showed up Smile I remember you from the early days, so it's fun to see how MUCh your art has evolved, from little drawing to this, it's so beautiful Smile

Blackbird!!! Very Happy I remember you too! *hugs* So great to find you all again! *dances*

*giggles* Yeah, I don't even want to go about how ugly my first sketches looked like Razz But I'll be doing a series of then-and-now comparison to see if I have improved Very Happy Still much to draw and new tips and tricks to learn! flower

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Hello, Christina! Very Happy

I love your art! It is full of life and energy!

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 pm

It's so funny, because I went back to the old forum to find an avatar and a banner ( The one I have here, you made! ) and I stumbled over the old forum-movie thread, and we wrote so much there Very Happy

Not ugly at all, but as everyone, you have really improved anatomically, and the colors are amazing, and the shading Very Happy You should really do that, re-do old drawings, always fun to see Very Happy

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi Leanan! Very Happy *waves* And thank you, glad you like my wavedancery stuff ^_^

Blackbird, I remember the forum movie stories! *_* It was FUN! Pike Rolling

Yeah, I'm doing lot of practice with poses and movement especially - my old elfies all looked like they were posing for the camera or something XD

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm swooning!!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:38 pm

"my old elfies all looked like they were posing for the camera or something XD"

Mine still do Wink

Firebringer

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Wow, great artwork! So very lively. Love the Wavelet and the grandparents spirit pic.

I often think about my grandparents. They were full of love.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:31 pm

bounce Thanks you so much guys, I'm sooo happy you like where my WaveDancing muse is taking me Very Happy

@Firebringer, how I agree. My grandmother Helen, who passed away when I was seventeen 1/2, has a special place in my heart and always will... she's the only grandparent I have known, but made up tenfold for the other three with her love. That's why I am so overenthusiastic to see so much of Haze and Farbright in little Korafay, and why I wanted to give her the chance to meet them - if only in fan art Smile

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:45 am

Would you be ok with me making Magic cards from your artwork? We talked about it at one point, but just want to make sure its ok.

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:16 am

TrollHammer wrote:
Would you be ok with me making Magic cards from your artwork? We talked about it at one point, but just want to make sure its ok.

Of course, TrollHammer! I'd be quite honored ^_^

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:24 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
Well done, Hammer! This was my thought initially. Very Happy

ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Embarassed Shush, my drawings aren't all that great... Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christina's WaveDancers artage   Christina's WaveDancers artage Empty

Back to top Go down

Christina's WaveDancers artage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: