Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

call me resentful...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

call me resentful... - Page 2 Empty
Postcall me resentful...

...but I need to get this out of my mind.

Redhead Ember wrote:
I don't see any reason to create such a fuss about this, from either side.
Sure, going so much into rant-mode over a doll is silly, even childish, but we all have our weird little dislikes. Why should Wendy be any different? She's just human.
Wendy is human. She can have strong dislikes and express them for sure! It's the tone that put me off immediately. This unrestrained raging that seems so common on FB. Not professional. Not appropriate from one artist about the art/craftswork of another. Even worse because it was worded very carefully - with deliberation.

And ... admittedly it's rather personal in my case.

Two years ago I've written THIS on the SoC ... not well considered, rash, acting injustly ... I'm not proud of it. Months later Mr. Pini addressed this in another thread (which I cannot find anymore) and demanded a further explanation.

Well ... I've explained the mood I dealt with back at that time, that I have immediately regreted to "snap" at Shadowfire this way ... and apologized again.
I was told that I "miss the fine tones" and that I "should have thought about it (the initial post) two times, three times, ten times before posting".

Some time later in the "What have you discovered today" thread I used the term "less than happy" when I tried to explain something to a tribemate. (I simple was too tired to look up the term for "verwundert" = puzzled ... and didn't think it was of importance anyway. I got this:
"When Seastorm contacted me she was, as you said, puzzled. But that is different from her being "not too happy about it," which implies a negative feeling. That's why I replied to you here as I did. As a writer and editor I strive to be clear. I always appreciate it when people speak for themselves (as Seastorm did to me, and as you have done here), rather than hearing one person's interpretations about another person. It keeps things precise, and that is important in a social forum like this, where as the "top boss" I must always try to be fair to all."

Considering the need for a writer to be clear I figure that Wendy was absolute clear about what she wanted to express and how. Imagine my puzzlement ... I'd have never expected that I need to evoke mind pictures of "a dog lifting his leg" and learn terms like "sugar-glitter covered dog turd" to hit the fine tone!

... you should think she has a skilled editor handy ...

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:43 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I hate my typos!)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

call me resentful... :: Comments

Trollbabe
Re: call me resentful...
Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:11 pm by Trollbabe
I'm not resentful, but still uncomfortable with the lockdown of the SoC, and I really am grateful that I was directed to this site (I think Trollhammer told me about it) before it happened.

It seems as though WaRP placed no value upon the marketing function of the SoC. Successful entertainers know how to relate to their fans. They value the culture that fans build around their entertainment, doing much of the marketing work for them.

I still don't get it.

call me resentful...

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2