Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

to cherish what remains

Go down 
+9
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Lunakat
faeriegirl
Zadzi
Embala
TrollHammer
Stargazer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

to cherish what remains  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:58 pm

Good!!
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Seconded!

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:22 am

This took an unexpected turn! Not only that the Archer is safe, but how the scene in Blue Mountain turned out.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:09 am

the valley of the shadow.

Holy Guacamole it's a chapter. The Gliders take flight, Shen Shen is ambivalent, Strongbow and Rayek have an awkward conversation, and I messed up my sleeping schedule to bring you this.

You guys are the best, I don't say this enough, because I'm a bitter, crabby, negative soul, but you really are.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 11:52 am

Glee! I can't wait to see it! I have to, though. Arrrgh. Smile
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Didn't get time to finish it at lunch - I'm just where the storm comes in - but I think what's going on with Rayek, Strongbow and Moonshade is absolutely adorable.

All kinds of other developments are interesting too but I don't want to say too much and spoil anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Haha, well, you won't think it's so adorable later.

I feel like this is the "breaking hearts" instalment. Then I'll build everything up again.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:22 pm

I can take some breakage as long as there's building later. TBH, nothing but cute and fluff and happy ending just doesn't feel real. And it's not like Rayek would feel it was real either, Mr. Nothing Easy Is Worth Having. Wink
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 5:27 am

I will build up more in the next instalment, but I don't think there will be a real resolution for a while.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:59 am

Unlike Rayek, I can be patient. Smile
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 5:04 am

OMG IT'S ANOTHER CHAPTER

K, so getting pretty close to done. I expect this is the second to last chapter, then one more installment, then finished for good.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Seeing ShenShen as some kind of a short lived Master of the Palace is really something unusual Smile

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Now ShenShen needs to find her kin folk.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Not a master of the Palace. She happened to have a connection to Voll, which meant she was able to fly the Palace, but she's not a master of the Palace so much as someone who's never seen a car before, but was able to puzzle out what putting the keys in the ignition and turning them might do.

Haha, Shen Shen's not going anywhere for a while.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Can I just say I love Eagle Woman?  It's past time the elves lost their apparent monopoly on things supernatural and spiritual.

Arrrgh, Winnowill!!   Just die and be gone, already!  Though it's an interesting twist, what she's done to Moonshade, the "suffering Rayek with Winnowill trapped in him" is not my favorite storyline.  However, you have done some very interesting things with all these canon elements so I think I will enjoy seeing where you take it.

This is the second-to-last chapter?  That gives me mixed feelings.  I look forward to seeing how you wrap things up but I'll be sorry not to have more to look forward to.

Edit: also, I'm amused how many of the recent fanfics have included some reference to mushrooms or fungus.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 11:09 pm

Okay, I finally stole enough time to read chapter four. I liked it! I really liked the reflections Shenshen had, that she didn't know as much about children as she tough. Sounds almost cruel, but you know, it's good that she didn't know everything. And wow, Rayek is really mellowing out, huh? He is still very much himself. But he still considered his anger when learning that Rayah wasn't as encouraged to practice her magic. And I like the building three mating with Strongbow/Rayek/Moonshade.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:40 pm

Oh my frakking High Ones...
Read the last 3 chapters in the last day. What an emotional roller coaster! Awesomeness!!
Please please write more... I wanna know what happens next!! But also don't want it to end!

Loving the build-up to the threemating!

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:50 am

manga wrote:
Can I just say I love Eagle Woman?  It's past time the elves lost their apparent monopoly on things supernatural and spiritual.

Arrrgh, Winnowill!!   Just die and be gone, already!  Though it's an interesting twist, what she's done to Moonshade, the "suffering Rayek with Winnowill trapped in him" is not my favorite storyline.  However, you have done some very interesting things with all these canon elements so I think I will enjoy seeing where you take it.

This is the second-to-last chapter?  That gives me mixed feelings.  I look forward to seeing how you wrap things up but I'll be sorry not to have more to look forward to.

Edit: also, I'm amused how many of the recent fanfics have included some reference to mushrooms or fungus.

I wanted to bring some more non-elf worshipping human spirituality in, and I was very lightly inspired by the Indigenous communities here in Canada(although the Eagle Woman isn't based on any specific religious figure). And I also thought that the idea that the people who are actually native to the planet not having magic was basically stupid.

Honestly, it's not my favourite, either, but at least he's not alone. And something had to be done.

I didn't do that mushroom thing on purpose.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:02 am

Startear wrote:
Okay, I finally stole enough time to read chapter four. I liked it! I really liked the reflections Shenshen had, that she didn't know as much about children as she tough. Sounds almost cruel, but you know, it's good that she didn't know everything. And wow, Rayek is really mellowing out, huh? He is still very much himself. But he still considered his anger when learning that Rayah wasn't as encouraged to practice her magic. And I like the building three mating with Strongbow/Rayek/Moonshade.

I think one of the real problems, for parents and children, is this idea we have that parents have to be perfect. It's a problem in our society and in this fandom in particular. Most parents aren't perfect, but the good ones are doing their best. Shen Shen blames herself, but the circumstances aren't good, and she's still doing a good job.

Rayek is actually beginning to understand this, I think. At least in my story. And while he was angry, his later reflections, that Rayah can't just run around setting stuff on fire, are right.

Eh, I don't know if it's a threemating. Rayek is in love with Moonshade. He has a type.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:04 am

faeriegirl wrote:
Oh my frakking High Ones...
Read the last 3 chapters in the last day. What an emotional roller coaster! Awesomeness!!
Please please write more... I wanna know what happens next!! But also don't want it to end!

Loving the build-up to the threemating!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm basically done. I'm going to write the third part sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:07 am

Finishing up with My Cup Runneth Over. And that's it for a while, folks.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Love it. The interactions between Cutter and Leetah were particularly sweet.

kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Thank you. Honestly, Cutter and Leetah are so easy to write.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Love it.

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 6:08 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:

I wanted to bring some more non-elf worshipping human spirituality in, and I was very lightly inspired by the Indigenous communities here in Canada(although the Eagle Woman isn't based on any specific religious figure). And I also thought that the idea that the people who are actually native to the planet not having magic was basically stupid.

In fairness, the human's magic is supposed to be "asleep" and I've always had the impression that some few of them - such as the shaman of the Hoan G'tay Sho who said "and the lie which is the truth shall bring more pain than the truth which is a lie" - do have some, even if it's not a kind the elves recognize.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

to cherish what remains
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: