Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest marketing

Go down 
+12
ErinC1978
Zadzi
TrollHammer
Embala
Redhead Ember
Tam
Sifra
Miss Gillespie
G0lden
Nibblet
sun girl
Multi-Facets
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

10 - Elfquest marketing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest marketing   10 - Elfquest marketing - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 8:52 pm

----------(AGAIN, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO IGNITE A POLITICAL DISCUSSION.)-------

Following up on the topic of marketing in general, I was not the least bit surprised when Donald Trump won the Presidency of the United States. All politics aside, he understood how to get elected. (BTW his campaign manager was the first woman to conduct a successful campaign for President.)

I am still reading up on the success of Trump's campaign and the failure of Clinton's campaign. But it's not all about positions on issues, or leadership attributes. It's about marketing. Trump had a lifetime of marketing experience.

He had a capable team that knew when and where he should make personal appearances, for example. When people made fun of his hair, he covered it with a printed ball cap, a symbol of working-class America. He said outrageous and offensive things to the right people, at the right time.

How does this relate to Elfquest? I have seen the Harry Potter franchise become a series of box-office hits, as well as some of the best-selling books of all time, even though the first novel was published nineteen years after Elfquest appeared. I have seen countless commercials for cartoons featuring crude drawing, cheap animation and lousy scripts, that somehow made it to TV or cinema. (The "Simpsons" 1989 debut episode looked awful.)

Yet Elfquest remains a cult fandom. Why? I doubt that I will see an "Elfquest" movie in my lifetime.

Trollbabe

10 - Elfquest marketing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest marketing   10 - Elfquest marketing - Page 4 EmptyTue May 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Regarding direct mail marketing, this infographic illustrates how much businesses continue to rely upon it:  https://www.edq.com/resources/data-quality-infographics/how-direct-mail-is-winning-in-the-age-of-the-internet/

Direct marketing is effective because it is aimed to the individual, business or household.  Mail is only one direct-marketing option.

The ads attached to your e-mail and social media pages are another example.  If you follow Elfquest on any social media site, you should see direct marketing ads for Elfquest products and events (such as convention appearances) when you log on.  You should also see Elfquest-related ads when you check your e-mail, unless you have an ad-free option.

Elfquest marketing
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4