Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 6:29 pm

I just re read the whole final quest and, tbh, it's still disappointing all at once. The OQ was tight, even the bits I disagreed with, wrapped up neatly at the end.

This feels... Not unexpected, tbh. The entire series began to drop off after the OQ. There was a brief bright spot with Shards and the Wild Hunt, but it's been dipping ever since.
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 9:28 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
I just re read the whole final quest and, tbh, it's still disappointing all at once. The OQ was tight, even the bits I disagreed with, wrapped up neatly at the end.

This feels... Not unexpected, tbh. The entire series began to drop off after the OQ. There was a brief bright spot with Shards and the Wild Hunt, but it's been dipping ever since.

I've often thought they only had one good story in them (OQ) and they've been struggling to find another ever since it finished.
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:07 pm

One of the things that has really disappointed me, plot-wise, about Final Quest so far is that we never got to explore the relationship between Venka and Two-Edge. It had been hinted at for so long that we would get some kind of exploration of their relationship. Instead we got a handful of panels and it seems that absolutely nothing was resolved. Along with that, Venka's search for Kahvi wasn't explored at all. I was expecting an adventure with Venka, Aroree, Two-Edge and the Go-Backs. Instead we got Kahvi's spirit telling us everything. Did Venka even search for her at all? Wasn't that the whole point of her joining the Go-Backs at the end of Shards? Blergh.
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Just saw recently on facebook Wendy commenting that she's been talking with Richard and she suggested that Final Quest might be the end of Elfquest after all, or something to that extent. So after years of telling us that this wasn't the end it might actually now be. If I find the quote I'll post it here.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:19 pm

GOD IS GOOD IN ALL WAYS.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Oh for Pete's sake. And after Richard came down on Lunakat and I for discussing their oft-repeated plan to step back and let others continue the story. Said they'd never said any such thing and that they were going to keep EQ going. Now this. Arrrgh. I'm of two minds. I want Rayek free. But if Wendy abandons him entirely, I can fan-fic and fan-fix it.
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 12:08 am

This is the only quote I found on the EQ Fan FB page, from Sept 24. Someone asked if it was true Wendy wasn't going to write about Jink after FQ was done. The answer was:

"You're correct. After Final Quest I will not be writing and/or drawing a Jink series. She's a great character. But her story is for someone else to tell."
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:37 pm

manga wrote:
Oh for Pete's sake. And after Richard came down on Lunakat and I for discussing their oft-repeated plan to step back and let others continue the story. Said they'd never said any such thing and that they were going to keep EQ going. Now this. Arrrgh. I'm of two minds. I want Rayek free. But if Wendy abandons him entirely, I can fan-fic and fan-fix it.

Given what Wendy does to him each time she remembers he exists, I'd say her abandoning him would be an act of mercy at this point. Razz

Don't worry, Rayek, we'll take care of you. Hug
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Davrille wrote:
This is the only quote I found on the EQ Fan FB page, from Sept 24. Someone asked if it was true Wendy wasn't going to write about Jink after FQ was done. The answer was:

"You're correct. After Final Quest I will not be writing and/or drawing a Jink series. She's a great character. But her story is for someone else to tell."

I saw that but that's not the one I'm referring to.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 11:45 pm

manga wrote:
Arrrgh. I'm of two minds. I want Rayek free. But if Wendy abandons him entirely, I can fan-fic and fan-fix it.

Totally with you on this

You write it, I'll draw it

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:12 pm

I have a feeling that if Wendy and Richard were to write and draw everything we still want to see, they'd need to get Leetah or Mender to prolonge their lives.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Oh! The cover for FQ13 is out! It's full of spoilers: http://elfquest.com/the-final-quest-13-cover/

And the text on CBR tells all the cover doesn't. Don't read it Wink http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hellboy-winter-special-more-in-dark-horse-comics-january-2016-solicitations
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:07 pm

That's interesting!

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:38 pm

The cover reminds me of 1960s Op Art.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:03 pm

So it just might be that Timmain does whisk off Cutter to the stars or something, doing a switcharoo of what happened with Rayek when he took off with Leetah/Skywise/others. Jeez. Nice timing, Timmain.

1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:08 pm

The discussion of Final Quest # 13 got a thread of its own now. Easier to avoid spoilers ^^

Last edited by Embala on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Yay, awesome! Thanks, Embala.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks to Miscellaneous who has pointed us to the new spoiler! Very Happy

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Manga should be happy with this new cover!

Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:15 pm

I bet Rayek goes after the Djun's fleet.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Am I very bad for loving the evil lil smirk he's got going on as he blasts that human?

If it is, I don't wanna be good. Razz
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:47 pm

I'm so very relieved to read in the blurb that Rayek will probably be defending the WDs in this issue. From the cover alone I was just sure he and Winnie were gonna be getting up to some new evulz because WaRP don't know what else to do with them.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:07 am

Rayek looks all hot with that smirk. As a Rayek fiend, I do love the cover. Hopefully they don't ice pick his character and chip way at him anymore than they already have. Poor guy. I am still furious at what they've done to this character. "There's light in the dark and dark in the light" blah blah blah. I've never seen less of that than in FQ, where it's blatantly light versus dark. So plainly polarized, it's almost obscene.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:00 am

Obscene is a pretty strong word. I doth think the story is so bad it's obscene. It's okay. It's not the greatest story ever told (anymore)-- but it's still decent compared to most of what's out there.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:04 am

So there really are only 13 issues left? It doesn't seem there'll be much progress until #13 . I guess there'll be no story about Jink, then or just more time jumping

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next