Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:00 am

You won't find it online. The Pinis and Black Mermaid Productions have some kind of legal agreement that neither can ever use or re-use that material in any way, including making it available online.
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:42 am

Hey guys. New guy here. I don't feel that facebook is the right place to comment unless you only have good things to say. I've been lurking here for a while and it's kind of refreshing that you're allowed to express your true opinion. The newest spoiler picture on fb was the final straw for me. I'm getting so tired of the copy/pasting. All characters have had the same poses throughout the whole final quest, it's getting sloppy. There is no detail anymore, just look at the hair on the new characters. And I don't feel the storyline is going anywhere, just a bunch of elves moving back and forth. Ahh feels good ti finally say it. I love Elfquest and grew up with it, but the Pinis seem to spend more time throwing temper tantrums than weiting the actual story...
Well that's it. I'm glad to be a member on this forum
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:47 am

Welcome howler monkey! Feel free to howl away, it's okay to be critical, as long as it is constructive!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:51 am

Welcome to the Holt, howler monkey. Sending 2 Glad to have you here.

howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:52 am

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 10:39 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Since Future Quest generally doesn't seem to be received too well, will you folks continue to read it just to wrap up the story line of Elfquest or will you drop it?
I still LOVE the Elves - the "familiar friends" and newcomers showing up.
I still like the pictures ... in a different way than the art I felll in love with.
I will read on ... for closure, for curiosity (STILL! Smile ) and because it triggers my own creativity .... I LOVE to play with EQ art. I cannot imagine what's needed to stop me reading it.
I will buy it ... even a bit more than necessary because I'm a mad collector. And ... because I've not truely read it before I can hold the paper in my fingers and browse the pages.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 11:06 am

welcome Howler Monkey! Glad to have you here
^^

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul

Last edited by Nibblet on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 am

Ditto! Hello and welcome to the Tribe howler monkey!

1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 Crazy-monkey-emoticon-050

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi Howler Monkey! Welcome! Howl away. Smile

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 pm

You know.. .with all the complaining we do... I'm still with Embala. I'm going to buy and read every issue of Final Quest (I hope). I've followed Elfquest this long... I guess I just need to see how it ends. I think the art has been getting progressively better. Even with the cutting and pasting-- it's still better than most of what's out there, drawing-wise. The coloring has been improving as well. I think the thing that Sonny just needs to pay attention to is contrast. Wendy's line art, lately, is really nice-- but you don't see it because the colors disguise it. There's so little contrast it's actually hard to read.

I prefer the digital to the print because at least the one is backlit by the computer. And his color choices, aside from this, are not bad. I just wish there was a way to sort of nicely mention this that wouldn't cause offense so Sonny could take it into consideration.

I'm also hoping the story picks up. The Rayek business was awful-- but maybe that was just to get him out of the way? Everything has the feel of chess pieces being moved into position-- but the game hasn't started yet. I can't believe that there is only one new elf interested in showing up. More have to come-- right? Otherwise, what's the point? Maybe after this next issue, the real story will take off.

Fingers crossed!

(And maybe we will come back to Rayek eventually? I hope...)

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:25 pm

I have already been right once so I'm going to add some more gloomy predictions Very Happy

I think the Rayek business is to just get him out of the way while preserving the status quo. They had to bring him in at some point, the fans seem to demand it, and this whole call thing...But the whole Rogue's Curse storyline is still in the future and it's all going to happen. Unfortunately it has now been changed from a story of redemption to just awful people being awful to each other.

I'm pretty sure there will be a time jump at some point and it all comes to an end shortly after the Future Quest/Jink/Rebels storylines. I bet we are going to see Ray and Ekkie again somewhere along the way, and also, I think the only way out of this mess for Rayek is to die either heroically or dishonorably in some kind of spectacular way at the end of the whole thing. Who is this Father of Memory again? The name suggests some link to the Sun Folk.
Also, it's nice to see that Skywise and Timmain are finally getting around to the whole business of being Jink's parents.

I sure hope I'm wrong!
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Well, looks like we will be seeing Rayek again in the next issue. "The one issue you dare not miss! The elves’ unprecedented gathering reaches a fever pitch when Strongbow’s lifemate Moonshade, Oddbit the troll queen, Mender the healer, Skywise the stargazer, and even evil Winnowill pursue their hearts’ desires—and some dare ask for even more! Angrif Djun’s war fleet invades the Wavedancers’ waters as a shattering moment of truth occurs between Cutter and Timmain." Guess old Winnie hasn't let go of the palace yet.
And thanks to all for the warm welcome
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Elwing wrote:
Who is this Father of Memory again? The name suggests some link to the Sun Folk.
That would be Egg, right? He's the Father of Memory in Jink if I recall correctly
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Egg meaning Aurek, right?

1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Yes. Aurek is the true name of Egg, the creator of the Great Egg.
And the "Father of Memory" from the JINK series is most likely Aurek.

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:30 pm

I think you are both right, but to make sure I would have to read Jink again and I would much prefer chewing on broken glass at the moment. So I'll take your word for it!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:10 pm

I never could get into the Junk stuff or Future Quest. I have tried. Will try again, eventually.

Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Zadzi wrote:
I never could get into the Junk stuff or Future Quest. I have tried. Will try again, eventually.
I think we all tried at some point. May try again but today I'm not up to it. So, Freudian typo?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Pike Rolling

I think it's a good that each story arc has its lovers. (well... I'm not sure Forevergreen has ...)

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 10:45 pm

Definitely Freudian Very Happy

Ugh, Forever Green....nope. I skimmed through it a couple of times and couldn't stomach the artwork. I really feel guilty saying that, but it just ruined it for me.

Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:16 am

Having picked up the latest issue myself, I think next issue will start answering the question that's been bugging me since the Final Quest began: Who's staying and who's going? We could very well be in for some heartbreaking answers.

I'm also curious about Dre-Ahn. Which tribe is he from? Why is he alone? How is it he can sing, but not speak or send? Is he like a Go-Back and simply can't send? And if he can't speak, is it because he has a stammer that goes away when he sings (which actually happens in reality)?

And the tree-elves: What will happen to them if they stay on Abode?

And I have the uneasy feeling Cutter might be heading for a stroke or heart attack or sudden death, though that could just be my inner Chicken Little going berserk. (She's been working overtime lately. I wanna shove that b--ch into a deep fat fryer.)

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 3:18 pm

I just re-read the Kahvi series last night and there was the part with how Aurek had reconnected with Timmain when he was almost dying and badly injured. It just makes me wonder now how important a piece to the puzzle he really will be, especially considering he is the father of memory. He knows all kinds of things about the histories of certain elves, etc., so I'm curious how this will play out. IF it plays out at all. Or will he just be hanging around hare hare and in a glassy eyed state of worship.

Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Since Future Quest generally doesn't seem to be received too well, will you folks continue to read it just to wrap up the story line of Elfquest or will you drop it?

Thanks to the depreciation of the Euro, the comics became quite expensive for European fans. Luckily I have a well paying job, but I imagine that other fans don't want to pay 4€ for disappointing 30 pages of comics.
To tell you the truth, I download the seperate issues illegally when they come out, but I do buy the volumes.

Elwing wrote:
Also, there's a Dutch translation on the market! Now there's a brave publisher... I can't imagine there is much demand, as it is pretty much impossible to get into for new readers, and old fans can obtain the English version fairly easily. And also, these translated books are several issues behind. Oh, and they cost €8,95 a piece, but I think they put two issues in one book.
The Dutch versions look nicer and are a lot bigger though Very Happy Too bad I don't like Dutch translations of anything.

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 3:16 am

Yeah, I'm buying the single issues when they come out, English versions. Paying eur7.15 per issue including shipping, because my local comic shop keeps forgetting to get them for me.

Skipping the Dutch translations for now... I'm gonna pick up at least the first volume in Dutch though.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:35 am

I'm sticking to the English version single issue too.
Haven't got enough patience to wait for translations, and prefer reading in English anyway.

My local comic shop is really good; normally when the newest issue comes out Wednesday they got them Thursday, except for this time when I had to wait an extra week THE AGONY!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 26 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next