Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:03 am

Timmain said she didn't do anything but what do you call rousing Pool and telling him the story as freakily as she could?

She's literally bringing people back from the dead. Why does he keep calling her a life taker?
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 pm

yeah i was kinda glad to get an answer to that...i thought she was gonna tamper with Naga's soul or something, like FQ. merge a piece of herself with Naga.

i think Timmain was speaking in relation to one specific event...with Pool, yeah she totally did something. but in regards to Naga's conception, she did nothing. which is good, because come on, a threesome with Melati, Beast and Timmain would just be all levels of messed up. :p

also Pool is probably still bitter Mel did cause death in the past, nevermind the fact she can create life now. holding onto grudges. probably the death that still hangs at the foremost of his mind is Ruffels death, and he hinges everything on that.

but ohh the interesting side effects if Ruffel was brought back to life...*daydreams*
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Considering how her birth went down, I can see why Pool is still calling her that. Ouch.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 pm

The problem with Pool is that he needs to crawl down out of his own butt. Seriously, the dude just holds one long grudge...I think part of him is jealous of his own daughter at this rate, the other part of him has been proven wrong about her being a life taker and he's way too stubborn to change his mind. He's so idealistic and naive... the way he views Ruffel, the way he view the Evertree... his mind is always on a one-way street and it doesn't stop.
Even when he was 'trying to make peace' with Melati, he was really more there to see Haken about the college for Aurek. He already made up his mind about her long ago , it's not like he was really all that into closing the door on his brooding. Cholla has always awesome about being awesome at being his reality check though.

I would love to see Ruffel back in the flesh...and running back into Maleen's arms rofl  That was a master stroke burn right there. Pool managed to put fear into her about her own child... which is just messed up.
I am curious though what kind of effects the starstone is going to have. It just seems like a wild card. Why is Timmain so convinced that the corruption will continue? What if it changes into something different.... something not necessarily evil? Or is it just that Timmain is such a royal control freak, anything she can't track on the scroll is somehow automatically deemed a threat?
I think Timmain needs to chill in general, she's so tightly wound up.

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 12:16 am

Vaeri wrote:
yeah i was kinda glad to get an answer to that...i thought she was gonna tamper with Naga's soul or something, like FQ. merge a piece of herself with Naga.

i think Timmain was speaking in relation to one specific event...with Pool, yeah she totally did something. but in regards to Naga's conception, she did nothing.

Only if you believe she's telling Pool everything... Suspect

Nah, I'm just trolling you.

Or am I? Winnie Evil
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 2:29 am

Wingthing, your "inner Winnowill" is showing. knock it off, you're not Weatherbird. :p
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 3:12 am

Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Can I ask something? Did Timmain somehow mess with Melati and Beast's offspring as a 'precaution'? It would be just like her in trying to 'protect' Evil or Very Mad
Is there really a big threat because of the starstone and Beast and offspring not showing up in the scroll? Or is Timmain just being a paranoid control freak?

I know, I know.... maybe she isn't telling Pool everything. But that scene at the end when Beast and Melati were recognizing and getting it on, it seemed like Timmain was doing something to tamper and being all, forgive me. And I don't think she just did nothing.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 1:59 pm

You've got good instincts Wink

Lemme just borrow a phrase from Emperor Palpatine and say that Timmain will be watching Naga's career with great interest...

(And yes, it is very telling that I'm likening Timmain to a Sith Lord.)

But she's not wrong to be freaking out. There is all sorts of weird shit coming up in near future due to unpredictable magic... though Timmain may be watching the wrong suspect.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Oh man. Ugh.
Wingthing, you answered my questions and now I have like 10 MORE and can't wait to read your upcoming installments. Sweet, sweet torment ! Wink

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:38 pm

Well, here's relief from *some* of your torment, Zadzi. Although this next installment will probably generate even more questions!

Kitfire play detective in Sunstill's death... with verrrry unexpected results in Part Two of The Schism.

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/schism2.html
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:01 am

i've been doing a reread of the series, which i do every once in a while, so i'm only kinda caught up Razz but man oh man all the stuff going down at evertree!  

i kind of love pool?  he's a dick but his character arc fascinates me--like, with maleen's death, he could have done one of two things.  he could have decided to love melati even more because she was all he had left of maleen, and or he could have done what he did and bear a grudge towards a baby.  i think it's just interesting to see how people handle grief differently and how pool ultimately ended up enstranging his daughter and his friends (and even leetah by the time his wolfblood ran out)

anyway, since i was rereading the whole alternaverse, i did a quick drawing of aurek and vaya, because i love them

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 Shorty16

i figured they had a hilarious height difference and i felt like capitalizing on that

(also man is it hard to get references for these two! they showed up so infrequently in main eq that a lot of their design is guesswork)
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:56 am

OMG Kaza that's awesome!! Hah, I love Vaya's hand on his hip there - she really is at perfect ass-grabbing level, isn't she? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:12 am

thanks!  Very Happy she totally is tbh

also, i think i finally nailed down a design for littlefire/kit and kind of went wild drawing them:

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 The_ao10

paint everywhere ofc Very Happy

took me ages but i think i finally got them--doing vaya and aurek helped
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:55 am

Ahhh! The twitches! The hair-twisting! The darting eyes! I can practically hear their inner dialogue! cheers
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:38 pm

O.O

Wow, what a development!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Holy crap! Yeah, this is like....um. Whoa. The Evertree's gone rogue! Yeah, what were you saying again, Pool, you little twit, about the gentleness of plants? Twisted Evil This is so awesome, Wingthing! Thank you thank you thank you!

Also, Kaza999...I LOVE your work! It's absolutely gorgeous and original!

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Eeeeeeeeeee! I love this!  Very Happy
I have to say I hope Furrow gets smacked around a lot. I can't stand his type.

I freaking love your art style Kaza!

Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 11:42 pm

thanks you guys! Smile

maaaan i can't wait to see the conclusion to this stuff with the evertree--it's so awesome and i love the way that the plant-elves made an appearance kind of Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 11:38 pm

nice work kaza!^^ always nice to see fanart. i should pester my friend to do more for me. :p

also hoooooly craaaap at that ending....and damnit wingthing, once again you take FQ elements and make them...better! and unique in this universe! cause that just....that....phew...wow.

also awww, all the sympathy for Rue...poor Rue.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 1:34 am

Life as an omega wolf sucks.

It's a real beef of mine how Wendy has romantized the whole omega dynamic as "the court jester" and "the stress reliever" who is so important to the pack (I think it was a FB post - I have the source on my PC) Yeah... they help relieve stress, by being abused every time another wolf feels the need to dominate something! Pike being a goof who is good-naturedly mocked and teased by the others is not fulfilling the omega role. If Strongbow nonchalantly punched Pike completely unprovoked because he's still mad about Moonshade -THEN Pike would be fulfilling the omega role!

Rue's projected life path is based off a nature show I saw on a captive wolf pack  - the researchers artificially inseminated the omega wolf, knowing the alpha female had a hair trigger temper. Then they were so ecstatic that the alpha female let the omega's pups live... and just sort of shrugged and pulled a "It's the Way" when the alpha basically forced the omega to reject her own cubs - because the alpha decided to adopt the pups, and if the biological mother showed them any affection she would be brutally punished. Mad

But fear not for Rue. Kitfire is on the case, and they both have a lot of resentment about having to share custody of Mink with One-Eye that will make them the most bulldog of advocates for her!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 1:42 pm

I love that you're basing Rue's life path off the nature show, Wingthing. I thought the past few installments at the Evertree and the whole 'child belonging to the tribe' thing had gone so far into the realm of creepy... and then this thing with Rue... it's pretty brutal. In EQ they made it seem all tame and communal with the whole, 'It take a village to raise a child', when it's really a lot more complicated.

I really didn't know about the role of the omega wolf at  all, had no idea. It always seemed to me though that Wendy had the Wolfriders just be elfy enough so that their Wolfrider side only comes off as a novelty , nothing more. It doesn't make enough sense because even in holding on to their 'way', it only shows snippets of hunting and eating raw meat and occasional romantic talk about being mortal, but they still seem very manicured with perfect manners and for the most part just come off like suburban middle class elves that happen to ride wolves lol.  
I actually prefer your 'brutality' because it makes more sense and is much more rewarding story wise, especially in an ongoing series! Plus I love your own take on Final Quest, prefer it much more in general.

ALSO ! I love that your stories aren't based on Swift alone... all these other characters have all these interesting stories so it's not just about her anymore. There's like this endless spring of awesome from other elves Very Happy

Write on, Wingthing  cheers

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 2:54 pm

I don't know that it's all that fire in nature. A wild wolf pack is really just a family. The Alpha pair are the parents- the rest are Cubs and adult children that stayed around to help. In captivity, it's probably different-- when members of different families are forced together-- as with dogs-- it makes sense they would establish hierarchy. Heck-- humans do it.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 3:00 pm

http://www.gizmodo.com/why-everything-you-know-about-wolf-packs-is-wrong-502754629

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 3:22 pm

It's also probably worth reminding ourselves that Abode isn't Earth. So, if Wendy set up different rules for her wolves-- that's fine.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next