Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wingthing

wingthing

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 5:24 am

The noble savage can kiss my pampered, paleo-hating, pharmacology-loving ass! But longtime readers probably know that already. Razz

Srsly, romantic primitivism is a terrifying concept. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_savage
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 1:29 am

I like acupuncture- It works! But I also like my meds lol.

Hey, I just got a really trippy image of Toorah and her golden needles practicing acupuncture. That was really odd. I think I'm really tired and need to sleep Embarassed

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 1:59 am

That's... pretty damn plausible, Zadzi! I could totally see that in Toorah's bag of tricks! Especially since Its likely most injuries in the SunVillage are repetitive stress injuries - too much bending over farming, Zhantee carrying too much clay in one set (I know, he sorta did that on purpose so he'd get healed, the kinky little bastard!) there'd be more cause for her to use acupuncture and chiropractic techniques than the field surgery she did on Rayek.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 3:45 pm

I just love the idea of a kinky Zhantee Razz

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 am

I'll be updating the website soon(ish) with a new feature on Homestead, and (assuming I can shake off the writer's block) a new fic. But in the meantime, I know folks have been curious about just what Homestead looks like - so here's a map!

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 Homesteadrobinson

As you can see, Haken hasn't gotten around to naming much yet (thus allowing Skywise to sneak in a few of his own names in there Laughing ).

Fun Footnote: It sounds like typical Haken megalomania to name the inland sea they eventually camp on "Our Sea" but he is unknowingly following a proud (Earth) human tradition. Hey, if it's good enough for the ancient Romans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_Nostrum
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 2:09 pm

ooooooh....i really like the sound of Silk Sea...^^ i guess it must have a super calm surface, smooooth as silk. hehe. and i noticed the Savin's Sea right away..XD well she finally got something named after her!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:06 pm

It's been a long time coming. Wink

I think Haken made what he considered a "devil's bargain" - he'll let Savin's Sea stay on the maps if Savin stops giving all the gruesome wildlife adorable names.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Ha! - this is awesome! It's so perfect that Savin has her own sea - it just makes sense.
Our Sea...Oh, Haken Rolling Eyes Yet that's also perfectly in line as well.

So much land and ocean and sea and all kinds of stuff to explore!  Wingthing - do you think the Islander elves would ever have an interest in going to Homestead? I can totally picture them sailing ships around, exploring.... or maybe going there to find goodies ('delicacies' and such morsels to 'trade' with the trolls, or other elves...I imagine humans would be totally gobsmacked if they got something from there and found out where it came from  Shocked )!
I'm so excited to see what's on Homestead! What other kinds of life, and even rocks/minerals to mine! It's so exciting! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 12:38 am

And the next fic is up, and all kinds of resurrections (metaphorical and literal alike) abound!

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/awakens.html

As Haken said, everything that sleeps must eventually awaken... Winnowill
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 1:28 am

oh jeez!! so much is going on!!

the wolfriders' new home sounds super cool tbh, and i'm really liking how they're adjusting to the new planet

oh jeez, i'm really worried for kit and littlefire--i hope melati can give kit a new body, i'd hate it if kit died Sad

but there's also good things, like winnowill gets a new body!!! she gets a big family reunion!! she and two-edge reunite and winnowill is naga's auntie!!! this is the best!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 5:29 am

So many things happening. WOW!

I hope that littlefire and Kit find new lives

It's good to see Pike up and about.

Auntie Winnowill Laughing

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:38 pm

*completely not reading any of the comments above cause SPOILERS*

omg i need to read this when i get home from work tonight! I'M SO EXCITED!!!*wiggles*
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Well this is certainly a fascinating progression! Wow.
I'm also concerned about Kit / Littlefire... I had no idea the internal schism was still ongoing. I'm really curious to see him/her interacting more with Melati. Does she know Pool is involved in the Evertree apocalypse??? How does she feel about it? Gawd, I just wanna see her blast it to little pieces and destroy the souls in there too LOL.

OMG and aunt Winnie! And little Naga! Wingthing, please keep writing, I LOVE this series SO MUCH I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 1:29 pm

ohhh my gooooosssh, there was SO MUCH AWESOMENESS in this chapter!!! the wolfriders DID go to Homestead, yaaaay!! Winnowill is alive again! and i NEVER would have expected Kit to be the next in line for a new body!!

and she's going to be the new chieftess...oh my gosh it's so awesome...XD Strongbow would be so proud and jealous....XD guess my musings on how Grayling being the new chief were wrong.

and yay Pike's awake and okay again!! perhaps Halcyon and Kirjan will be following suit soon.^^

and Naga's here! oh Vaeri would love her new little Lady.^^

EDIT: was reading through again and got curious about some things...when will we see Sungirl's drawings she said she was doing for Winnowill's new look? and will Melati really be able to recreate a close match for Kit's original body with blood from Mink and Grayling? will Kit still look like herself, or will Melati have to be guided by sending images of how Kit looked in life?

and oh my gosh, when do we get to see Winnowill floating around??^^ it's so odd trying to picture her with not even shoulder length hair...o.o i really really hope we get a couple chapters, following her progress as she readjusts to a living existence!

and will Foxglove truly end up in a threemating with Kit and Littlefire?! who will be the next ones after Rue to recognize in the Wolfrider clan?!
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:29 pm

ooh, i want to see sungirl's winnowill drawings too! it'd give me something to work off of Wink i agree vaeri--imagining winnowill with short hair is just so strange!

oh, hey, i just thought of something--what's going to happen to the hunt?  will we hear from them later?  what'll they think of the rest of the wolfriders going to homestead?  

(tbh i kinda want to know if the hunt's gonna cause any trouble, which im sure they will...)
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 9:59 pm

I wish I had drawings to show you guys! I do have before-and-after pixel dolls, which will have to suffice Smile It was fun trying to soften Winnie's look without making too many changes to her face.

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 Winnowill_zpsmjsl3azwThe EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 Winnowill2_zpswahlywgb
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 12:28 am

ahh, very nice! now i have some clothing to work off of Smile (also i love the flowers in her hair--she wore flowers in her hair when she was younger, right?)
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 1:58 am

hey i'm happy with pixel dolls too!^^ i think her hair is probably longer in the doll than it is in the story...or perhaps the wetness does that? but she looks so exquisite, and yes, like Kaza said, youthful again! it's like Blue Mountain reborn all over again!^^

i really love her dress...the simplicity of it but the ELEGANCE!!
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:28 am

sooo i did a quick couple of sketches of winnowill's new bod and two-edge just to try and get a handle on him

lmao im using a new art program and it's killing me i mean i love it but y'all gotta bear with me while i adjust XD

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 A_litt10

funny thing; when i was looking up refs for the two of them, i found that two-edge and winnowill have a similarly-shaped face and eyes (triangular oval face, narrow downward-tilting eyes)--man, dude, i will never get over how much thought wendy put into her character designs!
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 4:49 am

Aw, Winnie looks so cute in those sketches! And Two-Edge is just, well, badass!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 12:07 pm

Winnowill definitely strikes me as...exceptionally Melati in the left portion of the drawing, but the bust looks lovely. and i'll agree, Two-edge looks very badass medieval king indeed! he certainly suits your drawing style.

what drawing program are you using now? if it's photoshop, i'm always happy to give tips!^^

and i'm so sorry Kaza, but when i read on how you said they had similar features...i couldn't help but think "well gee, that couldn't possibly be because they're related could it?" my brain is in snark mode i guess. ^^0 but then i had never noticed because...well how the heck can you see anything under his beard?! O.o
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Wow! I'm loving Two-Edge's doublet and jewels, so regal! What a great King Smith!
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 4:12 pm

thanks guys!  Smile

yeah vaeri it's cuz they're related i know Razz  (admittedly i probably could've put it together sooner but hey...) but the reason i'm impressed is cuz not all artists put familial similarities into their characters--and it's a little hard to notice because of the obvious differences (beard, nose XD)

omg it was so hard to figure out how two-edge's face works under his beard!  i took some two-edge refs and extrapolated where his chin and cheekbones were--his cheekbones, like winnowill's, are very soft and round (you can see where his beard meets his cheeks), and because of that i figured his chin came to a point like winnowill's--the part of his face uncovered by his hair is also pretty triangular, like winnowill's, and they have the same eyes

(ok but also is it just me or is it hard to get a lot of the elves' eye colors?  winnie and two-edge have such heavy inks in their eyes i had to look up what color they were!)

i'm using krita now--photoshop uses up waaaaaay too much memory on my computer Sad krita is a lot more powerful than sai but, y'know, new program and all
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 1:52 am

no, it tends to be difficult to get eye colors with the old comics...i've found it much easier with the new ones. though changing the coloring on either ones is fairly easy!^^

i think Winnowill's always been described as heart faced...or is that just wingthing?^^0 i can't remember, but it'd be interesting to think of him as heart shaped faced like Suntop!

though ya know i just remembered...probably the only time we see Two-edge beardless is in his flashbacks of being a child! like original quest and...somewhere in seige perhaps? so those would probably showcase his facial structure pretty well.^^
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 2:35 am

i mean, two-edge does have a widow's peak, which i think lends to heart-shaped? but both he and winnowill have very soft faces, like clearbrook, which makes me think oval/triangular oval (when i think heart-shaped i think of faces like leetah, with both a widow's peak and more prominent cheekbones and a pointier chin)

man i gotta go through my comics at some point! (i mean i could do the online comics but i prefer the physical ones just because it's faster to flip thru them) i bet i could find some good two-edge refs there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next