Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?

Go down 
+16
PCoquelin
Tymber
Miss Gillespie
Kindredsoul
TrollHammer
Blackbird
Embala
Redhead Ember
faeriegirl
Leanan
Multimedea
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
Josine
truelight
Wiseshaman
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 11:46 am

Well, if someone blows up the Vatican and kills the heads of most major houses, he or she will not be crowned as the regent. He or she will get killed for this. Of course, people don't have proof of Cercei's crimes, but they would suspect her. Heck, they would probably even suspect her of killing her own son/ the king, that's like two huge crimes rolled into one. In the show, the Lannisters are a spent force, their gold mines are exhausted and the crown is in debt. Their army is stretched thin after years of war. Nobody would support her claim for the throne.
Show Cercei is queen, not because it makes sense, but because the show makers like the narrative.

In the North, nobody should support the bastard Night's Watch deserter son of Nedd Stark, who had his army slaughtered, because he himself broke with the battle strategy and had to have his ass saved by Littlefinger. And why does nobody care, that he was resurrected from the dead? Show Jon is king, not because it makes sense, but because the show makers like the narrative.

Book Dany is obnoxious as well, but at least there are hints, that she might turn mad (which makes her a bit more interesting). Show Dany is insufferable. Should she die in the end, it would reconcile me a little bit with the show.

And the Arya plotline can't be taken seriously. Unfortunately, she is one of my favourite characters in the book

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 2:13 pm

And now the season 7 is ended.

I must admit seasons 6 and 7 were totally EPIC.

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 am

...but season 8 was totally awful.

Cleopatra

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 11:07 am

Agreeing with you, PCoquelin. The last season was so rushed, and the deaths to many of the characters didn't give any meaning.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 pm

while I'm finally accepting that GRRM will probably never finish the books and GoT is all we will ever get, the finale shows how bad D&D are at adapting a story.

I've stopped watching after season 5 and only followed a certain YouTuber with ASoAIF and GoT content, but actually did see the final season for the train wreck it was. Dany's death did not reconcile me with the show though

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4