Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About life...

Go down 
+18
Wiseshaman
Embala
Tam
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Stargazer
TrollHammer
Leanan
llannen
PCoquelin
wolfmoonsky
Multi-Facets
Elwing
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
Kir, the last Go-Back
Stormcatcher
Trollbabe
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Gemini Cat

About life... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks guys. I'm surviving on a day-by-day basis, hoping to get my writing back on track at some point though it's heck to manage because of everything *else* going on around me.

Gonna try a Camp NaNo project in April. I can set my own word count goal so I might use it to "warm up" to being able to do the November one for the first time in... years.

I'm glad to be back in contact with some of y'all. I know things have been going downhill for a WHILE on the official forums, while we had them. I saw some mentions of things off and on that made me wonder, I just wish there'd been some *preparation* before they just pulled the plug, ya know?
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:20 am

Gosh, sounds like you need a hug, a grizzly bear hug! I would give it to you, but my arms are too short Sad But I hope that having a place to vent again helps!
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 3:41 pm

*big hugs for MrsG* We're all here for you, sweetie!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:28 pm

As Elwing said, Grizz. *tight hug* You still have a tribe here and a place to talk.

Welcome to the tribe once more, Llannen! sunny So glad to have you here with us!

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 7:12 pm

I can understand how you feel.
Big hugs for you MrsGrizzley! *hugs*

Illanen Nice to see you here too! I love your cosplay pictures! I had a feeling you were ''that'' Moonshade! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:11 am

Hugs to Mrs. Grizz! It's going to be okay! I have to tell you what happened to my bf in december- it might be useful info for you.

Hey guys... can everyone please cross their fingers for me? Something is in the works that, if it comes through, would be very very good. It would basically just make my career (actually, my life) happen in a super awesome way. It might fall through though. I'm feeling superstitious right now- and so I just wanted to ask for good vibes from y'all. I don't want to say what it is, in case it doesn't go through- but I will definitely tell y'all everything if it happens. Please please please!

Thanks.

yer Luna

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:36 am

*still crossing fingers* Best of luck, Lunakat! *crossing fingers and toes* Sending all good vibes.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 am

Crossing fingers and toes.. Good luck Lunakat.

Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:26 am

Good vibes for all. <3
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:37 am

*crosses fingers and toes and eyes*

Sending well wishes Luna!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Keep us updated, Miss Luna. We're rooting for you.

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 pm

*crosses fingers and toes* Rooting for you, lunakat! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:32 pm

I'm all with you, Luna, MrsGrizzley and you all elf-friends who need to rant or vent here. Hugs...

Don't get surprised if you don't see me expressing much about my life, in such ways.

It's just that I learned loooooong ago that...

About life... - Page 3 PC998_DCA4_EmberAv

...life makes NO gift.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate it!

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:54 am

I hope it all goes well for you, Luna!

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Well, it went well initially- I just have to sit back and see if they decide to accept it. The person I spoke to was  positive, but it has to go through a committee of people. This could take a month. (I basically just pitched my own job proposal). Still crossing my fingers.

In the meantime- My bf and I just got to testify yesterday against the guy that attacked him in November. We were both pretty nervous. But I think it went over well. I gave a lot of "I don't remembers" as answers- the prosecution seemed happy with that since that meant I never contradicted the video. Apparently my bf started to make things up when he didn't know the answer to questions. He would say "I don't know" then "let me think about that" and then give his best guess. But he didn't have to, since there was video. He just got nervous and cracked under the pressure.

The cop made fun of us afterward. He kept making fun of the questions and answers. "Do you remember what the defendant was wearing?" "No, sir- I don't." "Are you sure?" "Wait- maybe I do. It was a tuxedo! Yes, definitely a tuxedo." and "No it was Halloween! He was dressed as a duck. I'm certain of it!" Anyways- we laughed and had some fun.

I noticed something funny about my bf that clears up a lot. For a long time, he's been having bad health problems. His doctors keep asking him if he's under stress. He hates that question, because he says it should be obvious he's under stress if he's having such trouble with his health. I pointed out that they were most likely trying to determine if there was extra stress that was making it work- or if stress was triggering his body to react.

So- he's had the flu for a while, and he seemed to have kicked it recently. As soon as the attorney started asking him questions to prep for the hearing- he got upset and suddenly broke out in a fever. The flu just came back full force. Then, we took a walk for lunch- and he vented by trying to start a fight with me over whether the house was clean enough. Basically- he started saying I don't clean up after myself adequately (which is nuts because I clean up after the both of us).

So I let him do this for a while. I agreed that he was right and suggested we get home and clean the house together. (Yes, he is right- it's a mess.) He said "okay" and asked what i wanted him to do. I told him he could scrub the bathroom, make the bed and do the dishes. I would put the clothes away, dust and sweep the floors. (Usually- I make the bed, scrub the bathroom, do the dishes, sweep the floors and dust. He puts his clothes away. Get it? And he thinks he cleans house because I leave my clothes in the hamper. Whatever.) He got the picture.

Well, he was pretty happy when it was all over. When we got home- he said he didn't care about the house (because of course he didn't care about the house)- gave me a ton of "I love yous" and fell asleep (because he still has the flu).

I'm up early now- and he's still asleep. I'm going to clean this freakin house and just let him put his laundry away when he wakes up. And then we are going to pack a lunch and go to a really gorgeous park and paint a lake. Because life is short- and he needs to get out of the house and be in a happy place. Because being stressed out is obviously a health wrecker for him. And what's more relaxing than gouache, clean watercolor paper, and a lake?

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Hopefully once there is a verdict and a conviction. Your BF will have less stress and his health and your sanity dealing with his stress will improve.

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:39 pm

I hope your boyfriend and you both feel better soon. *lots of hugs* Park picnic sounds like a great plan! Have fun!

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:50 pm

Damn... now that's a hectic stressful day. For the both of you! *sending hugs*

Keep us posted on that guy's sentencing too!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Best wishes for your boyfriend, lunakat. Hope he'll be well soon. And a fast and satisfying closure on the attack issue.
*keeps crossing fingers for a successful job application*

llannen

llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:23 am

My stomach flip flopped at reading about you guys testifying. Feeling nervous for you. Glad they caught the guy...now hopefully he gets the sentence he deserves.

You both need someone to clean the house for you. So you can paint more. And say "I love you" more.

Hope you both get some rest.

llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:25 am

Oh, and crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, hair and legs (tee hee) for you!

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks Llannen! Yeah- I stared that pathetic bastard down the whole time I was on the stand. He will probably settle with a plea deal- but I think he will get a few years. I can't express the level of sneer I feel toward that little punk. Next time someone tries to damage my man, I'm not going to just disable him with a broom- I'm going to kill him. Not kidding. Or seriously injure- I probably wouldn't kill. Serious injury though. Definitely.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:32 pm

One bit of good new Lunas. If he is convicted of a felony charge, he will have to serve 3/4 of his sentence before being release. That is unless he plea deals and if the judge lets him off somewhat for time served in county. Since we have the 3 strikes law here in California, makes one wonder if there is a strike against him to begin with.

Glad things went well for you during the trial.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:35 pm

He does have priors. And they are prosecuting him for attempted murder- so that's a felony for sure. Good to know, Golden!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About life...   About life... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

About life...
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next