Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:03 pm

=D It's an interesting bauble! The dent/flat part looks like somebody punched it. XD Somewhat fitting for nasty old Stonethrower. 
The colour fits so well with the landscape.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:09 pm

AND DEAR RALIG!!! 8D I have to say his bauble looks very odd. Somewhat clunky?
Colour goes nicely with him and I love the little plant. =D

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:43 pm

Advent Calendar 2016 - Dark Past ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 2016_010 She is the link!

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 1:06 am

Goodtree and her mates.

That dented looking bauble is cool.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 4:34 am

Well... I mostly focus on the (new) calendar... but I'm glad I haven't gone completely crazy by twice mistaking some other poor soul* for Rellah.

Today's... hmm... is he a named person, or just someone representing that time?

*I don't like Rellah. She's a bitch!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 11:17 am

Into the unknown... The title kinda fits! I love that you out the image above the bauble and not in the middle of the center. Even though, it actually is in the middle but, I think you get what I mean!

I like the different shape of Ralig his bauble! I also lke the plant stick planted on it! An very nice image of him too! I love the read te hidden years story of Ember back.

Goodtree, Lionleaper and Acorn! Beautiful golden baubles for each of them! I'm glad to see them in the calendar!

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 10:31 pm

my goodness, I love these, especially the pink bauble with what's her name in it. I always thought she was pretty. Looking at these makes me want to reread all those comics that take place before EQ1. I've only read them once, except for the ones with Bearclaw, and that's only because I own a little collection of those stories.

I also really like Greymung and his hammer. It fits him.

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Gah! I love it! I love it! I love it! Dewshine bounce bounce Two Spear is sooooo awesome!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 7:19 am

Uh-oh... Two-Spear has escaped from his bauble, and now it looks like he's waging war against it.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 9:53 am

I love the new bauble of Two-Spear! I realy love how he's outside of his bauble! Instead of him, it's the moon! I really love how this one turned out! Very creative!

I can't tell which troll I'm seeing here... it might be Drub but, I doubt it. I like how this one turned out. I do get a christmas feeling from it!

Keep up the great work, Embala! You made amazing baubles this year!!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 10:34 am

I'm pretty sure it is Drub. After all; the old calendar was for Chiefs* and Mates But Drub doesn't have a mate, so she's alone.

*Including those who use other titles.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 12:29 am

A variation of one of the first 2016 special scenes ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 2016-017
Throw-away Homes

... when I noticed that there are three "throw-away homes" on the cover of "Snowbeast" I wanted to show all of them. Smile I love this variation for completation - but I'm happy that I didn't know of "No. 3" in the beginning. The first try with the shelter in the cave is more ... interesting.

Good to read that the "dented bauble" is appreciated so much. It is one of those "unusual ones" I never look for but always gather when they cross my way. Some day they will give something a special touch ...
And in this case the color was as tempting as the chance for a slightly different presentation. The stargate-like surface gives me the impression that Stonethrower is absorbed by the landscape. Your association is surprising, Shadowpath ... now the idea of Stonethrower having punched his way in makes me chuckle.
Your friendly Ralig happily moved into another unusual bauble. A probably very old one with a unique shape and patina. He had disliked normal spheres ... and definitely refused to inhabit the pink "pumpkin"-shaped bauble I've offered him at first. ^^

Goodtree had more than the average share of mates ^^ ... when you'll come back you'll see that other ones with a certain lack of mates level it out, G0lden.

No worries, you were right with Rellah this time. And you are right with Ralig again, Redhead - he's just an unnamed peaceful gardener in Skyfire's time. He caught Vojira's eyes back at the old Scroll ... and she called him 'random likeable guy' - Ralig, the name I'm going with now.
LOL ... "Two-Spear wagging war against a bauble" - he might be an elf to do so. And one of those who tries to escape a bauble prison ... and succeeds. ^^
And right with Queen Drub. I had briefly considered to pair her up with Flam ... but I didn't want to spread rumors. Instead she got a tough nut to crack. XD

I've asked Shadowpath to suggest titles for the special scenes - and I liked the  "into the unknown" one very much. I think I know what you mean about the pictue, Wolfie. It seems to hover just a bit above the bauble.
Ralig should be outstanding in a way ... not loud and shiny but a bit of an individualist.
You've captured my intention, Wolfie. That bauble shouldn't center on Two-Spear but on the spear tops ... and the moons. But Two-Spear's silhuette is the cherry on the cream.
And the Troll IS Drub ... how she was drawn in the SHARDS series. Changed quite a bit in FQ ...  
I'm glad to see how entertaining the calendars are for you. *huggles*

I see you still have fun here, Evie. sunny The lady in pink you've pointed out is Rellah. Try to get the Blood of Ten Chiefs prose books if you are interested in the "early days". The comics are often a bit ... messy.
The hammer had to be in the picture ... sometimes my baublified folks likes to break the wall. And in this case I imagine Greymung hammering his own bell.
Sounds like a Two-Spear fan. Wink

Last edited by Embala on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:16 am

The Rootless Ones.
Well, the other Rootless Ones.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 12:14 pm

The first baubles of 2016 right?
Throw-away Homes... I still love these tree baubles very much!

I love the new gold bauble! I like the two stars placed on them. It's not an image that I thought would be here in this calendar but, this one really seems like a christmas bauble to me!

Mantricker!! I did not expect him here! I love that he's in this though! We never got to know his lifemate/lovemate was.. which I actually like for some reason. Maybe because I love his story with him and Demontricker so much! I like his bauble. I also like the little red bauble and the flower. Do they represent Brightwater and especially Tornflower?

Half of them are filled with beautiful baubles. Only half of them to go! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 3:12 pm

I'm back. Blasted update screwed up the computer. Had to do a partial recovery to fix the issue.

Love the new additions.

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 3:33 pm

To me, besides family reunion, Christmas is the occasion to dig back into some childhood memories.

It often resembles this :

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Hehehe, I love what you did with the Two-Spear scene. =D Having the Moon inside and Two-Spear outside gives the picture a whole new dimension to it.

I love the feeling in Yurek's bauble. The overpowering background colour and the stone carving gives it a very ancient feeling.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:15 pm

The Rootless Ones indeed, Redhead - a special one. But Yurek is not supposed to be recognized in this image. ^^
The other Rootless Ones ... well, I'd call the other 6 the "rooted ones". Wink

"Throw-away-homes" was a variant suggestion for the "Campground" scene, Wolfie. I kinda liked it - reason enough to use it for the varaint version.
It was difficult to make a bauble for Yurek - both motive and ornament where hard to choose. Glad to know that it works well for you.
Of course Mantricker had to be in the Chiefs & Mates calendar. Showing his mate tho - challenging. No canon picture available. I decided to symbolize her by a thistle ... and when you want you can imagine the silhuette of an elf in the red sphere. ^^ You see you've guessed right. Smile

It's good to see you back and well, G0lden! sunny Better your comp has issues than you'd have.

I've guessed that you are not far away, PC. Very Happy And you brought a beautiful gift - I love this violin pixie. *music as a soulname*

Originally I had planned to use only the spear tops ... and the moon. But with this flat bauble it was too tempting to add a "forth dimension". It worked!
Yurek gave me some headaches - you know it, Shadowpath. Thanks for the support while I was working out this solution. I'm finally content with this one. Ancient ... and ethereal - like a spirit prescence in the clouds.

Half of the calendar windows have opened  - but there are even more to come! The 12 Nights are closing in ... sooooon.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:22 pm

I'm glad I didn't recognized Yurek as well... that would've been kinda weird, considering I already recognized Tekshu...

Besides, then I'd be Savah, and I don't think I can claim to be that wise.
Or old...

Savah

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 8:03 pm

AH! Fangslayer and Suretrail!
I like how much bigger Fangslayer's bauble is. XD

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Blue mountain is cool.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 10:13 am

Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 2016-012
The Shining

*chuckles* Your whimsical comments never fail to raise my mood, Redhead. Laughing
I've just realized that I must include the Savah icon in my Christmas routine - her icon is a perfect bauble!

Fangslayer obviously needed some more room, Shadowpath. ^^

I'm always puzzled why this ornament is shining through, G0lden ... before I realize for Xteenth time how perfectly the sky of the motive matches with the background sky. A case of self-surprise. Wink

Last edited by Embala on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 10:50 am

The shining .... It looks kinda scary! The situation is though ...
I remember this story all too well! I love that Two-Spears bauble is smaller and darker. As if an monster is about to hunt and kill you, which in this case is! I really lovce the effect on these baubles, nice done!

Fangslayer and Suretail! Didn't expect those two here! I love the shape of the bauble and the images. I love that the bauble of Fangslayer is bigger! It really shows his ego! XD I still love the story of Oakfoot.

Blue Mountain!!! I really love the cloud background and the clouds within the bauble! It looks lovely!

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 7:08 pm

"Here's Two-Spear!" Hehehehe. I like that you chose the black and white version of this, colors would have been too distracting in that baubles.

I'm about to comment on all the images now, so get ready.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Okay, so one thing that always amazes me is how fitting the shapes are. The jagged cones and Timmorn vs Three-Toe, it empathizes their anger, how wolves react to each other in captivity.

One of Voll's gang! So I always wondered who that is, is it Tyldak I wonder?

Nightdancer looks good! That color suits her, though I still wonder how they managed to get that greenish blue on her clothes. Her face shines, it is so sharp but it reflects in the round end of the bell, it gives good contrast.

Rockarm, the curse-maker! That image is so dynamic.

I see Zarhan can escape the bauble, hehe! I like how he looks towards the next side, almost jealous, haha!

Alekah works hard I see! The Sun Symbol s really pretty.

Rahnee! Her hair looks almost silver here, as she is described in the novels.

Ah, Voll and Winnowill. I like how they are slightly apart from each other.

----

Ah, well, umn. I'm sorry, that's all for now. I'll come to comment more later.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next