Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 11:09 am

Thank you for all the explanations on all the baubles, Embala!

Two-Spear and Rellah! I love the tree baubles! it's nice to see the images in those! You choose the perfect images of them. They fit your text very well!

Another Greywolf bauble! I like the image you used. He looks like Skywise in this one!

Eldoldil! A very old image of him but, he looks beautiful in this blue bauble! I love the clouds in his bauble, it's perfect and makes toal sense! I'm curious: Why in The 12 Nights 2016?

I love these two! They looks so suprised to see each other. I love what you did with the wolf! I can't remember who they are or atleast what their names are but they look familier to me.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Daaaw, the twin baubles with Oakroot and Winterleaf are wonderful happy looking. =D
It actually makes the next with Freefoot and Greywolf look oddly somber.
I really love Willowgreen's little bauble. Very elegant!
Is Owl's bauble made of wood? O.o

I really love the colours Timmorn's bauble. The imagery is perfect! I love how the Swordfoot (?) seems to blend into it's bauble.

And I love what you did with Smiling Rellah! =D

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Advent Calendar 2016 - Dark Past ... 20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 2016_010 She is the link!

Thanks for pointing out the tree ornaments, G0lden! Very Happy It was an interesting little challange to find a bauble that will work with the longish panel of Rellah. The silver tree decorations was a good chance ... for the second one I needed another motive. Two-Spear was a natural choice. I swear - I didn't notice during the making that I've turned the furious chief into a garden gnome! XD

You've recognized Owl ^^ - now what does this mean, Redhead? Ember

The credit for the Rellah/TS motives and the caption goes to Shadowpath again, Wolfie!
*chuckles* That is a little surprise - today it is NOT Greywolf in the bauble but his immortal brother Owl! I've put the identical twins in identical ornaments.
The Chiefs & Mates motive is a bit tricky. No wonder the guy looks familiar to you, tho - he's Threetoe, the chief of The Hunt ... the same guy who made the first entry in the Dark Past calendar. I had no mate for him to show - his "packmate" Rustruff was never drawn. Therefore I decided to add a wolf bauble (yes, it's a Christmas glas ornament) - in the end The Hunt developed back into wolves.

Eldolil, pictured as a very old, almost humanlike aged man ... Why in The 12 Nights 2016? A very reasonable question, Wolfie. Hungry Wolf I've made this bauble as an alternative to High One Eldolil for the main calendar. Like you I've loved how the bauble turned out - how well he merged with the clouds.
- Then Shadowpath asked me to use Eldolil's shiny cheerful appearance - because he deserves it. She made a difficult choice simple and Ol' man Eldolil stayed in the folder.
- In response Redhead was teasing "No room for old looking elves in the calender?" ... a challenge I could hardly resist.
Making room in the calendar ... showing off the bauble I like myself ... why not in the "12 Nights"? Of course Eldolil is not a bad guy, neither a rogue nor a monster. But as many other pictures in this Nights calender he can be a symbol. A symbol for the hardships of life, for the draining effects of the WoTM - a world that can wear out and age even an immortal elf. Ol' man Eldolil has found his rightous place.

I wanted to use this cheerful bonding for quite some time - now it was so perfect for Christmas Eve. I love you Hard to beat tho ... the other family scenes were no match! (You mean Oakroot and Starflower?) The one with his father was a thoughtful scene ... and I had to take my second choice because no baubles would fit with the better one.
Willowgreen's bauble - the one with the pumpkin, Shadowpath? The tender background colors, the shape and even the little twig fit motive and mood - it was an easy choice.
Now that you mention it - the ornament can be mistaken for a wooden sphere the way it looks now. Actually it is an old glass ornament, the identical twin to the one Greywolf dwells.

I've hoped you would like Timmorn's panel, Shadowpath - tried to include your choices as well as mine. Wolfsong and Starsong. And you've confirmed that I've chosen the right background colors! Very Happy
Incidentally I had just the right bauble on stock for the Swordfoot. All I had to do was skimming my files to pick it up. An old glass ornament with the green color almost pealed off - a perfect blend indeed.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 1:19 am

Cool the room of globes in Blue Mountain. Plus the beauty of the Forbidden Grove at night with the fireflies.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 am

According to this it means that I'm Rellah! I don't wanna be Rellah!

---

Uh-oh. Swift-Spear has been rattled!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 6:11 am

Embala wrote:
I love you Christmas tree, LurkingCat! *claps* That's really unique - almost reslisatic at first glimpse - and even the blinking lights make sense finally! This cat tree is purrfect!
wolfmoonsky wrote:
I love the cats Christmas tree, LurkingCat! It looks awesome!

The gifs I use are not mine Embarassed But I'm still happy you like my choices Wink

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 10:57 am

Owl! I keep forgetting him! Embarassed
Treetoe was his name! now I remember!

These bauble is interesting! the killer of Blackmain and Two-Spear. It almost looks liek the human killed him instead of his wolffriend. In a way, he did! I love that Two-spears image is upside down. Nicr colors of both baubles!

The death of the pumpkin.. I love the shattered bauble, it's perfect! I love Willogreens leg outside of it.

holt of the wolfrider! I love the image you used and the background with it! It looks perfect!

Drinking Happy New Year to you Embala! To all of you! Drinking
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 2:40 pm

Cool the room of globes in Blue Mountain ... ? For a moment you've puzzled me, G0lden - then I've seen the resemblance. It's not the globes you've mentioned ... this NIGHT's evil was Two-Spear's 'pumpkin murder' and what you see is a broken pumpkin in a broken bauble. Your lucky misunderstanding has given me the idea to explore all sort of traps for future Nights!
The Forbidden Grove for New Year's Eve Smile - the fireflys are the most beautiful fireworks!

Naah... you're not Rellah. You'll always stay our eager young chieftess Ember , Redhead! Yeah, Two-Spear was definitely put 'out of order' by this encounter and never truely recovered. An unusual view on Two-Spear - so very tempting to stage it!

I've figured, LurkingCat. cat I'm a collage maker - I depend on using what I find myself. It's great when you are able to create something by yourself but choosing a fitting image, sharing an interesting find is an appreciated gift, too. Hug And this cat-tree is gold!

Human chief Kerthan and Two-Spear ...
Quote :
It almost looks like the human killed him instead of his wolffriend. In a way, he did! I love that Two-Spear's image is upside down.
... just my thought, Wolfie! And you got my intention with the 'pumpkin murder' as well. (it's TS's leg)
Forbidden Grove Holt, the home of the Preservers ... it's just tiny moss in the background. Fascinating, isn't it?

We say "Guten Rutsch" (lucky slide) at New Year's Eve, Wolfie. Very Happy See you in a few hours for New Year wishes!

The greetings for 2011 - Guten Rutsch!

20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 2010_h10

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 8:04 pm

It's past midnight here ...

20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 Happyn10

20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 2016_h10

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Ah! I like how the bauble with Two-Spear and 'I like hurting animals-human' turned out! =D

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 3:49 am

Happy New Year.

Love the new additions.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 8:07 am

Aaah... the birth of a future chieftess, who was never expected to be chieftess.
Also, if it's true that Wreath was the daughter of Laststar - Timmorn and Valloa's elder daughter, and thus Rahnee's sister - then she and Prey-Pacer brought quite new meaning to the term kissing cousins. More like involuntary joining cousins.

That being said, I don't think I could ever read the Two-Spear mini-series. The art-style just seems so... unfinished.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 11:50 am

Happy New Year to you as well, Embala! Guten Rutsch! In my language: Gelukkig nieuw jaar! cathat I hope you will have a great year full of health and happiness!

I love seeing The greetings for 2011 - Guten Rutsch! I can't believe it has been 6 years now!

Loving the New year greatings for 2017! I love that image! I'm glad you used it. It's perfect for the New Years greatings!

Wreath, and healer and Baby Skyfire. The birth of huntress Skyfire! Though the sotry seems a bit harsh, the images in self look very much the other way! Hapiness! Very nice images you used!

Rivermist and some cub and the death of Freefoot. Saving the cubs... but hit by lightning after it.
They are both beautiful golden baubles! I love the pink stripe in the bauble of Freefoot. It makes the bauble have a different shape!

I can't figure out if the last image is fromt he Howling rock or the wavedancers.. I think the last because of the sea background. The image makes me think of the Wavedanders too. I really love it!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm glad this worked out the way I've hoped for, Shadowpath! I was going for a scene where TS dominates/kills Kerthan - but the shellshocked Two-Spear you've offered was too tempting. NOT the usual approach.

Happy New Year, Golden! Thank you for being here. sunny

Actually I've learned to like the art of TS, Redhead - part of it. And I've stopped to compare the different artists with Wendy Pini long ago. I try to present the various art styles the best way - it's a nice challenge. Of course ... playing with WP's plder art is pure joy!
By the way - kissing cousins (and a bit more) is no issue here in Germany - not even first cousins. It's not recommanded but not forbidden either.

Gelukkig nieuw jaar!, dear Wolfie! cathat Love and luck and health and wealth for you.
Shuna and Ikopek made a good greeting couple back in 2010 ... I like how the fireworks mimics a head adornement.
Thanks for the praise on the greetings for this year. I was very content how they turned out. A new group of greeters, appealing colors, a fireworks that fits in almost too well ... even the quote is appropriate. Very Happy
I wanted some lovely pictures to balance hardships and fights ... the birth scenes work well for this purpose. I like that I was able to incorporate the unusual "frame work" in both scenes.
Freefoot's death by the raging nature ... a symbol for the dangers Abode itself holds. I like the concentric rings in the second bauble because they fokus the distant death scene in a special way.
Today's Homes scene scene is Crest Point, the former home of the Wavedancers. I'm glad you like the combination.
btw: You'll find Howling Rock two rows above.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Aw, I'm so happy Thyme got her own bauble!
Nice little bauble for Talen too.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Love the new additions.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 6:46 am

For me it's the fact that it's B&W, just makes it look unfinished to me.

Where's Thyme? Today's main bauble is Talen, and the 12 Nights one is Redstar/Redpelt and Buruk.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 1:01 pm

A very nice green bauble of Talen!! I like this image. I think this would be the best image for him in an bauble. To bad that we don't know much about him..

Redpelt and his kidnapper! Poor little cub had gone through hell in there! Good thing Finder found him, even he got hurt in the end! Nice bauble! I like the image you used, it's the perfect image for the Villians, Rogues and Monsters. Stranger danger. I love the colors in this!

Aww! Snakeskin and ... It's not No-ripple because she has brown hair, but who's she? I love the golden glitter bauble of snakeskin, It just fits him! Really love what you did with the other bauble.
I love the background with this too! I love they their baubles are so close with each other!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 10:16 pm

20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 2016-019
Two Moons Rising

I've added an extention to the 2010 calendar ... sort of a completation. Hope you'll like. Smile

Of course 'Thyme' got her own one! I've liked her look before and appreciate her even more now, Shadowpath. Tho she shares a window she deserved her own space.
And Talen is another one who caught my eye. I wanted him to look nice. Smile

There will be some new additions to the old "Chief & Mates" calendar, G0lden. Very Happy. Hopefully more pretties to look at ... not sure how many I'll be able to offer.

I long for coloring myself, Redhead - to the degree that I possibly prefer colored comic art to better b/w art. In first years of my calendar project I firmly believed that I can work only with colored art. With time I learned to appreciate WP's uncolored works and can now find beauty in other b/w EQ art as well.
No wonder you are puzzled by 'Thyme', Red. Ember She's the healer you've pointed out in Skyfire's birth scene. Shadowpath and me fan-named her Thyme for easier reference.

Looks like we share a soft spot for Talen, Wolfie.
The scene with Buruk and Redpelt was an obvious choice. A typical villian - almost a monster. It was on the cover ... and definitely the best picture of them. And I liked the purple mood - a great color variance. Did you have the chance to read the prose story? It's much better than the comic - more intensive and with a surprising end.
Snakeskin and ... this chief has no real mate. Therefore I've allowed myself a what-if - Snakeskin and adult Monnmirror. Since I've seen a scene of him and young Moonmirror in the Wavedanders series I'd like to see those two pair up. The golden bauble was so tempting to mimic his scaled skin ... and Moonmirror happily agreed to move into the pale one. She loves the adornments. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 10:41 pm

Good more pretties.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 4:55 am

No-Name (well, the old No-Name), for some strange reason my initial thought was Blackmane. But hey, at least I didn't think it was Blackfell! Blackfell

Skyfire's and Sapling's "Snowbear". Scared those humans good, huh?

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 2:52 pm

So it was an older version of Moonmirror!

I love the image in this bauble, Two Moons Rising. Perfect title for it!

No-name! Blackfell I love the night dark bauble image you did there! I love the clouds in it. It's nice to have a wolf in the calendar!

It looks like the version of Two-spear in Skyfire imagination! Very nice image you used. I love what you did with it! This fits the thread perfectly!

Such beautiful couple baubles! I love the colors and the direction of the images. I can't come up with who they are! I think I have seen them before once a long time ago ..

Kahvi and Vok! Nice couple! I'm glad to see vok in here, I wasn't expecting him. I love the images you used and the direction they are looking at! Nice green color too!

Dewshine, Scouter and Tyleet! Dewshine Scouter Tyleet Kiss
Very grey background and baubles, intresting. They are not looking happy, like they are getting angry at Tyleet.

Only a few more left... keep it up!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 pm

For sure, G0lden! sunny I'm very happy how the two extensions for the 3rd and 4th January turned out. And proud of my choices for the baubles.

Ever better, Redhead Ember - imagine you'd have recognized No-Name!
Yeah, Skyfire got ideas! Not exactly the 'snowbeast' she and Sapling created but the nightmare scheme that inspired her.

Yes, this is Moonmirror how Wendy Pini has drawn her in Discovery. I figure she was a young adult at that time.
Thank you for pointing out the "special scene" too, Wolfie. Very Happy I've hoped that this sphere will mimic more twigs and make the scene look larger.
I had two variant versions for No-Name - bauble and motive - and asked Stormcatcher to choose her preference. We agreed on the black cloudy one - a narrow lead. Glad to know you welcome it so dearly.
You are right again with Skyfire's nightmare that turned into Two-Spear. And for this it stands in the NIGHTs - nightmares and fears.
No wonder you are puzzled by this chief and his mate, Wolfie. Brom and Ailsa are from the banned Original Wavedancers series.
When I made the Kahvi ornament back in 2010 it was hard to decide on her mate. Vok, the old and longtime furmate? Rayek, the confirmed sire of her daughter? Or Tyldak, her most recent lovemate? This way I ended up with three variant versions. Truely a demanding chieftess! And the pictures were too good not to show them here!
The threesome - a new one I've made for the calendar extension. There were chiefs left out in 2010. Scouter was chief for a short time during Wild Hunt and deserves his own ornament. Well, it wasn't his best time in Wild Hunt - often angry, often rushed. It was Tyleet's part to sooth his moods and prevent the worst. And Dewshine's seemed to have the worrying part.

Two more extensions for tonight ... I was behind with bauble making. I might be late with one or two more ... but your little surprise waits in my foulder already.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 1:47 am

Nic3e new additions.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 am

And that lil' cutie, Sapling herself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   20 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next