Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anaid

Anaid

Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) Empty
PostSubject: Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)   Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 11:51 pm

I see so many familiar names here Smile

I read FQ #22 and went online if someone else was pissed off and I found this forum! Yay! Smile

When I read FQ #1 and #2, I was already grumpy with how things were going, but I felt like a deserter and outsider for voicing my dislikes. I read on this forum that more people had that at some point in FQ. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is going to consider FQ non-canon Wink

First thing I'm gonna do is post a short fanfic I just wrote 15 minutes ago. It's freaking midnight here, but I woke up with this idea in mind. So I wrote it, registered here and I'm so happy now.

:wave:

Last edited by Anaid on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anaid

Anaid

PostSubject: Separation and togetherness   Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Oh crap, this was the fanfiction forum, not the introductions forum... Sorry... I'll just post the piece here now...

I've been a long time fan of Strongbow, but mostly I guess because of how *I* envision him. Not necessarily how he's depicted throughout EQ. I was lying in bed just now and realized that if I didn't get up to write this, the muse would leave again. This is how I wish the whole Moonshade-goes-to-palace thing had gone: https://www.telodelic.nl/2017/12/elfquest-short-story/

Last edited by Anaid on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)   Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you Anaid!

That last sentence. Just like Cutter speaking to Leetah in OQ, but to think it goes both ways. Stands in awe... speechless... this is beautiful...

Anaid

PostSubject: Re: Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)   Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 4:33 am

Hi! Smile

Thanks for replying, glad you like it.

You know, the more I think of Strongbow, the more I feel Wendy has done him wrong in so many ways in FQ. There was so much room for character development there, for both of them.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)   Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am

THIS.

This is how I know and understand Strongbow. And Moonshade. Their relationship. The togetherness. The closeness.
This is how I'd wish their seperation would have been handled. The knowing. The sorrow. The understanding.

Change happens. Life plans change. Wishes and relationships can change.

But what I've never understood: How can elfin lifemates who were pictured so close, who were sharing their thoughts mainly in sending and thus devoloped a deep understanding - how could they act like a human couple with disfunctional communication? All this struggle - this back and forth over decades ... this DISunderstanding of the other one's needs on both sides. How was this possible?
- Is there no truth in sending anymore?
- Have they unlearned to send?
- Were they "soul-blind" from one moment to the other?
I would have understood grief for what they've lost but not this constant in and out.

I cherish your story, Anaid. You've shown the characters like I recognize them. You've told her parting in a way I can rely to. They know. They accept. With love and understanding.
It's beautiful.

Welcome to the pack, Anaid. I'm glad you found a place where you don't feel like an outsider. Hug Hunt, howl and talk free at Fathertreeholt.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anaid

Anaid

PostSubject: Re: Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)   Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 am

Hi Embala, thanks for your kind words. I'm glad I managed to write this down.

I share your feelings. Heck, did Wendy even **read** OQ herself?? LOL

So yeah, I guess I've officially created an AU now.
Thanks for the welcome. Good to be here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)   Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Separation and togetherness (WAS: OMG here you all are!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: