Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptySat May 23, 2020 1:47 pm

And I put my Grab bag and DA mermay picture and the text here too again. Todays prompt on DA was Lily Pads. That had to be something funny
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Mermay49
In acceptance of the Den Hide Chad insisted to (once again), Yeee tries to make the best of it and temporarily raises her children in forest lakes and lily pad ponds. Although the sea elves are not freshwater fish, they can be content with lakes and ponds in some cases. Some children are a little afraid of water , even the fishy, and have to get used to the water in a playful way. Yeee tries it again and again to get the little ones into the pond. Those with lily pads are well suited for hide and seek games. That takes away all fear and is the perfect cure. But as soon as the fear is gone, Yeee breaks all rules of every damned Den Hide and escapes from it into the sea with all kids.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Today`s prompt on DA is "hunt". Ortega loves the hunt, competing with the  dolphins and catching tuna with the owns fangs is thrilling and a sport of its own. Who needs a trident for it? That slows down unnecessarily.  A photography of a tuna hunting dolphin was my  template. I wanted the merelves to have that natural grace of marine animals, and I like, how it turned out.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Mermay52
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 6:52 pm

Vaeri asked me to draw a picture of Yeee with extra long (tousle-) hair (shaped by naughty Haken, who can`t resist to annoy her). She can't handle the long mane yet and the poor sea bunny becomes a hairclip.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Mermay53
Back to top Go down
Sofia

Sofia

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptySat May 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Huzzah, merelves! Very lovely art, thank you for sharing <3
Back to top Go down
http://lostholt.eu5.net/
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptySat May 30, 2020 5:33 pm

Oh thank you for commenting! Very Happy Luv to share What a Face

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 12:28 am

beep beep. here's a new coloring of Yeee's lovely egg. i really liked this one, found it very cute that Chad and Yeee were arguing like loving lifemates in their den. i could see Embala and Sharuk arguing like this too. also love seeing Moonlight breastfeeding...made me very longing for more breastfeeding! like Embala and Vaeri breastfeeding their own kitlings. did i ever mention i'm baby obsessed? my friend would call me Brilleet...a mixture of Tyleet and Brill...can't imagine why.  brill  Tyleet Kiss

also loved the little details...like Yeee's little remaining baby pudge. loving and thanking for the lovely long haired Yeee...i will color eventually! but i want to color something more cheerful right now, so that's on the back burner.

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Egg_ar14
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 7:09 pm

OOOOOHHH MY! Thank you sooooo much Vaeri, again your colouring blows my mind away!!! Surprised  Very Happy cheers  It's great that you discovered Yeees baby pudge.  
There is only one small mistake in the picture  Laughing : The baby is actually the big brother Ortega with dark brown skin, black hair and blue-black fish fin. But I can assure you, that the real Moonlight loved this picture, the moment she saw it. And well, guess what happened just after Moonlight`s birth some years later after Ortegas birth? Yes, just the same  Laughing .  So, this picture is nearly ok that way, as it is. The boys have striped tails, the girls spotty tails. I downloaded it already as Moonlights-birthday picture  Laughing  .
The edge of the egg and the text have become really pretty, much better than I could ever do.

" found it very cute that Chad and Yeee were arguing like loving lifemates in their den"  
LOL!!! More arguing than loving I believe.

"like Embala and Vaeri breastfeeding their own kitlings."
Okaaaay, more baby pictures are wanted, lets see. Who will be the dad of Vaeris baby? Could that be Blackfin??? (At last he is able to make her have one)

"did i ever mention i'm baby obsessed? "
No Brilleet, not at all,  only one, two, ...three times you did?  

I love to use your beautiful coloration for next years mermay on DA, when I'm still there.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 pm

Yaaay!! I'm always so glad you like my drawings!! Makes me happy.^^ but oops...sorry about my mistake! I always thought Chad was just Moonlight's father..but i'm glad this did happen at some point so it's still accurate! And i'm extra glad Moonlight liked it, squeee!!^^ i really enjoy all the little details i find when i'm lining a picture. They're fantastic!!! But the pudge was especially wonderful...a literal and figural softening of Yeee!

The egg line is just layer effects.^^*purrs*

Hey loving lifemates argue too! Look at Joyleaf and Bearclaw :p

Of course Blackfin would be daddy! Mixing Vaeri and Blackfin's colors...so many possibilities! Perhaps...twins! Dun dun dun! It probably runs in Sun Folk...maybe...

Oh only that many times? Silly me i forget, hehe! XD

I'd be thrilled if you did. I'm still so tickled pink you posted my colorings on DA!!!
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 1:05 am

Vaeri wrote:
beep beep. here's a new coloring of Yeee's lovely egg. i really liked this one, found it very cute that Chad and Yeee were arguing like loving lifemates in their den.

I literally just picked my jaw up from the ground.
I digitally color, just as a quick hobby - because it helps relax my brain.
But nothing to this amazing ability of shading colors, and smooth color transitions.
You truly have an amazing talent, Vaeri.
Your colors with Yeee's amazing art is a winning combination for all who get to see it.
In the words of ElfQuest, "My eyes see with joy."

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 6:32 am

@Tymber : Thanx a lot, Vaeris colouring is a great enrichment. The guys on DA are more interested in coloured stuff than only b/w pictures. And Vaeris colouring is far better than my copic marker scribbling.

@Vaeri:  Yeee and Chad are not so harmoniously together. That was more the curse of recognition. I was just so cheeky to borrow him for a few years so other fans could have him the rest of the time. I needed Chad to make an Ortega with an oversized ego and same size shoulders and muscles. Ortega is a hideous mix of Cutter and Rayek. I also needed Chad because Moonlight wanted him as a father for her OC, which was greatly fitting. And btw I have the chance due to Yeees involuntarily unelfy reproduction rate to make some more mixes of that 2 bloodlines  Twisted Evil , like Shinz` and Goldfish, another 2 girls  , the unnamed dolphin whisperer who tries to be part of the sea (inspired by Abzu , sometimes I name that elf Abzu, but I should give him another name) and probably more elves (One was with Shinz` in the same picture with very long hair and 2 braids.) etc...

Twins again ?! First Embala and now you too? Embala has no chance to say no because of recognition. Yeee will give Vaeri-Elf the good advice to get one by one. You know that the sea elves are not dependent on recognition and can make children with thoroughbreds elves any time.

And I forgot to put my grab bag picture here.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Mermay55
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 10:43 am

Tymber you flatter me greatly!*blush* ever since i was little, i enjoyed tracing and coloring art...for a long time it was a hobby for me as well. I'm trying to get into being a colorist online but sadly i've only been hired once^^0 but maybe someday...until then i am completely content to color Yeee's drawings since you are correct..they are stunning! My colorings wouldn't look a quarter as good if not for her fantastic art as a starting base and guide.^^ what do you use to color Tymber?

Well at least that makes it easy enough for me that so far the only colorings i know of Chad's offspring are Ortega and Moonlight. I almost feel like i should work with you to make a seperate color palette sheet just for Yeee's tribe! XD

And i say twins cause it's so haaaard to pick between a boy or girl!!! XD But either way i think they will have a sweet child. But fiine i suppose we could flip a coin to decide between boy or girl! Lol
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Vaeri wrote:

Tymber you flatter me greatly!*blush* ever since i was little, i enjoyed tracing and coloring art...for a long time it was a hobby for me as well. I'm trying to get into being a colorist online but sadly i've only been hired once^^0 but maybe someday...until then i am completely content to color Yeee's drawings since you are correct..they are stunning! My colorings wouldn't look a quarter as good if not for her fantastic art as a starting base and guide.^^ what do you use to color Tymber?

I don't want to hijack Yeee's thread. I have one in non EQ art that has those digital colorings; but after seeing yours, yeesh, I am ashamed. Very Happy On page 2 (latest post there), I have two youtube links that show / describe what I use (Jasc Paint Shop Pro).

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Awwww thanx, Vaeri I love you .

" I almost feel like i should work with you to make a seperate color palette sheet just for Yeee's tribe! XD"
Yes, maybe, grin. I am not even ready with all the kids designs. Everything takes a lot of time what I am doing Rolling Eyes

"But fiine i suppose we could flip a coin to decide between boy or girl! Lol"
You can flip your coin as much as you like until you have the best result , maybe you secretly prefer one gender and I don`t want to ruin anything what you wanted your second OC to be. Smile Same as for the kids design.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 am

Speaking of babies and more baby drawings makes me delurk.
I'm pretty sure we've talked abput Embala's twins somewherre, Yeee. Starcall, a boy tending to space and stars, and Deeplure, a girl embracing the vast and deep seas. (If I can have only one it would be a girl - because Embala already has a deepsea boy.).

I've promised to think about their looks - really must go for it now. I see dark greens for Deeplure and dark violet-blue for Starcall - but I want to include Sharuk's colors in a way. I'll work on them, okay?

You are not slow, Yeee - your output of quality drawings amazes me! Shocked And Vaeri's beaming colorings brighten my evenings. Very Happy

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:54 am

Thanx a lot , delurked Embala, but momentarily I am not drawing, there is so much to do in my household what I laid aside in mermay. Now I have to care for all that stuff before I can take up a pen again.

And yes, you did write about your two kids. That recognition striking can cause your OC to have twins, because there was no choice of the elves. If Vaeri-Elf wants to have twins , she can have them too, but all of the pod will give her good advice better not to have them at the same time. (They all know, how strength-taking even one little sprat is, especially babies Laughing ).

"I see dark greens for Deeplure and dark violet-blue for Starcall "
What is it, the tail or the eyes?

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 1:15 pm

honestly, i can't pick between both! perhaps just a time skip and eventually they have two kids...one recognition, one crystal-inspired. i can just flip for which will be the elder. but pretty sure if Vaeri ends up with twins, there's not much she can do about it so the tribe's advice would be a bit...uh...XD yeah.

anyway new picture! i feel kinda bad since you said the last picture was baby Ortega, and so this is probably suppose to be baby Ortega too...but i thought it would be so cute and cool if this baby picture was a continuation of the egg picture soooo...Moonlight playing hide and seek with mommy! i really like this cause of the water...reminds me of the ponds and how much i loved lilypad flowers when i was a child and my dad would take me fishing there. but the picture is just so damn cute i loved it.^^

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Resize10
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 7:00 pm

Vaeri, you are a water-magician! Shocked Very Happy woohoo  This is so super special wonderful with all these water effects! I love you  They look really as if they were mostly underwater, love this!!! I love you I love you I love you
I guessed, that you would colour this picture next (wonder why, maybe because of a baby) and wanted to make the baby-girls colouration to show her colour-palette, but you were faster.  As you suspected , this is not Moonlight but her younger sister, she is a little bit like my youngest daughter Malou. She was supposed to have Leetah-coloured hair  (isn`t that something for you? What a Face  ) and with that also a red tail. She has no name yet (hm, maybe Lilypad  Laughing ), and she has the thick eyebrows of Cutter, the Lips of Leetah and the narrow slender eye -form of Rayek and Yeee.   Now I think she can have the skin tone and the eye colours you gave her. Her first appearance was on the mermay 2 picture "pirates" (girl cuddling with the giant sea sluggie bunny), she was a few years elder on that pic.
I made that colouring here, note that the baby has only 4 teeth on the upper side and 4 teeth on the lower side of the jaws, the rest is bare gums and has red colour.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Babyli10

".reminds me of the ponds and how much i loved lilypad flowers when i was a child and my dad would take me fishing there."
Oh cute, I am happy, that my pic gave you good memories of your childhood. Very Happy

"honestly, i can't pick between both! perhaps just a time skip and eventually they have two kids...one recognition, one crystal-inspired. i can just flip for which will be the elder. but pretty sure if Vaeri ends up with twins, there's not much she can do about it so the tribe's advice would be a bit...uh...XD yeah."
Oh, Vaeri recognizes too? Wow, didn`t knew that! Well, ok , what should I say. Just write me, what you flip and what you decide.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Yuuup i love water! I am indeed a Wavedancer at heart.^^ funny enough i actually kinda lagged on this a bit yet still finished quickly, aha...yeah i figured it was wrong. But yay new palatte! I really must compose that sheet for Yeee's tribe.

Yeah i just really like the idea of Vaeri recognizing...but recognition is such fun! I may think on it a bit later maybe.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 6:37 pm

" I am indeed a Wavedancer at heart."
Then Vaeri needs a fishtail.  Very Happy  

For the Lilypad (like that name  Smile  )-palette : here is the other sample.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Lilipa10

Edit: Vaeri, can you give me the cut out Yeee- part of your colouration, so that I can use that as Avatar. I tried, but cannot do it (i am the worst-case -user when it comes to computer Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 6:59 pm

I can't color like Vaeri, but I can at least crop. Very Happy

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Image111

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Great crop! Thanx a lot , Tymber! Yay, I have a far much better avatar than before. In colour it looks nearly alive and very mermaidy. Happy!!!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 7:57 pm

yay!! i was kinda hoping you'd used the color version for your avatar, but i still had fun coloring the picture.^^ actually in coloring, it doesn't seem the character really comes alive until i do the eyes and skin. kinda funny a bit...XD and no worries, i'm happy enough to swim with my legs when i'm in the water...suppose i'm more of a siren type maybe! Razz but Vaeri elf has a very lovely tail designed from Prayer, do you remember the pictures i showed you for Vaeri and Embala and their tails?

yay color palette for Lilypad! it is a very cute name. so looks like very dark red auburn hair, gold eyes..for both eyes? or did you want to go with the gold and green like you were saying before? tail looks to be main color burnt orange-red with red-magenta stripes and lighter red-magenta spots? and grey-silver bulb things.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 8:43 pm

"but Vaeri elf has a very lovely tail designed from Prayer, do you remember the pictures i showed you for Vaeri and Embala and their tails?"
Yes I remember. Vaeri can have it back again, if she wants to swim with the pod on the high sea.

Lilypad: very dark red auburn hair, yes.
" or did you want to go with the gold and green like you were saying before? "
Yes, as you coloured the picture, one gold and one green eye and pale skin.
Please note: Moonlight has no green eye, her left eye is blue like Cutters.

" tail looks to be main color burnt orange-red with red-magenta stripes and lighter red-magenta spots?"
mostly right, I had no neon light red for her bioluminescence spots. Let them glow bright light red.
I think I change the upper dark red side in mostly black with red light effect like Leetahs hair, to fit to Lilypads same haircolour.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:33 pm

I just have written some  notes to Yeees life separated into different time spans. Into these I sorted texts for pictures I drew. Maybe that belongs in the roleplaying section, but since these are rather puzzle stones and because Embala places all texts in that section, I put it first here:
Story notes:
Timespan:  Yeee and Rayek in the tower-fortress at the shore.
Yeee gets raised there, not being aware that she is a mer, only that she is „half a mer“ being cursed to be locked away from the sea, not being able to breath water, but only able to „call the water“ (summon great masses of water) . She longs so much to be a part of the sea , that she would be ok with it if she would dissolve in it.  Always feeling to be only „half“ and being cut off from the sea turn her into a grumpy and moody character.  Grown  up she learns , that a  mental block was placed in her to prevent certain magic from showing up.  When she gets rid of the blockage, she learns that she can shape her legs, which she uses so unelfy clumsily, into a fish tail and her lungs can turn into gills. For the first time in her life, she feels „fully“ not „half“ anymore.  From that day on she is almost only in the sea. Little by little she gets to know the sea. First only in the vicinity of the fortress, then she swims out into the open sea and only the luck to meet friendly dolphins, who  see Yeee as almost one of them, save her from all the dangers of the sea.  The dolphins and Yeee seem to have a natural connection. Yeee has an almost instinctive approach to the "language" of these animals. She learns to understand it and even to make herself understandable in it, since she has the same communication organs as the animals. No day passes without her learning from the big „cousins“ and from the sea. Every day a new miracle,  a new wonder to discover which she drags freshly back into the tower-fortress to share it with the elves in it. She is even able to understand, what „Yeee“ means.
Some years are passing, she learns the whole knowledge of the dolphins, even befriends some huge whales like „Ends-At-Horizon“ which themselves (and the dolphin pals) learn of Yeees water-control-magic , when she rushes for the rescue and sink whalers. For this she is respected and loved. Whales and Dolphins in need call for her and Yeee usually has a watchful ear for emergency calls. Rayek once told her that great magic was accompanied by great obligation. For her life on land this saying meant nothing to her, but now in the sea she takes it to heart and uses her powerful water magic to protect the sea creatures against the greedy humans. But with her murder, she goes too far for the land elves, who lived in peaceful coexistence with a human settlement nearby until then...

(picture „chrystal“ mermay 2020 )
Last chance for escape, even when it looks like murder, Yeee rescues Rayek from the attacking human army. It is a horrible procedure to be shaped into a water breather, especially when lying on the back and when someone else is doing that with you and you have no control over it. The crystal shard of the elf palace enhances every magic user power as the whole palace does. Luckily that enables Yeee to use the self shaping magic upon other elves too.

Last edited by Yeee on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:35 pm

timespan: Yeee and demented Rayek in the sea.

(picture „shark“ mermay 2020 , starring Sharuk , age about 9-12 )
The Great White was very hungry and this little fish before him smelled strangely interesting. First it circled its victim to get a better look. It circles narrowed until its side fins with razor-sharp skin slit the right side of the elf boy`s face from ear to near nose and his tail fin . But the long three-pointed stick, that the fish-elf child wielded rammed into the sharks side. One part of it broke off and got stuck in the side of the shark. With dolphin-like noises, the boy cried out in pain and horror. Fine sweet tasty blood poured out of the boys ripped skin. This and the pain of the stucked broken tip of the trident made the shark furious. It raced towards the boy for a bite attack. The latter thought at the last moment and scurried to the side, more instinctively than consciously trying again to thrust the trident into the shark. Fortunately, this time he caught the animal's eye.
The shark gave up,it was injured too much.
Panicking the boy escaped from the shark, not realizing that escape was no more neccessary. He looked around , yelling after his mother, but she wasn`t there. She was never there, always hanging around with those strange landelves in these times. And he was supposed to watch out and guard all the sprats of the pod and his demented father! But he could no more, he was shivering, frantically yelling and swimming towards the shore.....

Last edited by Yeee on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 17 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: