Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 6:29 am

What a Face
Broad Grin

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 7:20 pm

Yes, and I may hereby introduce the next AU and the  first Sun Valley elf from the "Valley of the Sun": Wah anch Antef.

@Kojiyumi: These seem to be your neighbours?!  Laughing

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Sunval12
Here is a music for the Sun Valley vibe:

If parts of the name sound strangely familiar: of course, the name is nicked from an ancient Egyptian (Anch is written Ankh in English, so here it would be: Wah-ankh-Antef.
Let these elves be a mix of Sun Village elves, Gliders and ancient Egyptians with a touch of "Stargate".
These are the elves left of the former village called "Sorrows End"   who survived  a terrible human raid,  and their descendants.
Tragic losses include Savah, Toorah, and Sun Toucher, the elves who provided stability, rootedness, love, and care.
This terrible event had turned the peace-loving elves into fighters, who tamed some giant desert falcons and raised them into mounts.
A lot, including their naming, changed as a result of the radical change (Egyptian names already fit), which were applied to the later-born elves.
The Wolfriders have not (or not yet) arrived in the Valley of the Sun. So Leetah never recognized Cutter and so remained as prey for Rayek (and here is one of the requested EQ character couples of my choice).

Their spears are longer than usual and are somewhere between javelins and lances, which are pretty good for impaling something while sitting on the hawks' backs. (So, different battle technique than Gliders, because these elves have  mostly no glider magic).
More weapons: Scimitars (evolved out of  Sorrows-End scythes),  ropes...(maybe more)
Then they have magically altered "liquid" metal armor (nicked from Stargate), seen here on Antef's neck (maybe on his helmet as well).

Yes and sure, a product of this connection of Leetah and Rayek is Antef.
As an Elf with Glider magic, Antef is a natural fit for the Falcon Warrior post. Unfortunately, no one ever asked him if he ever wanted this job. He's actually a mild-mannered, lovable elf who loathes fighting. Guess who talked him into this job...
Here he takes off his helmet to show his nice side.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Sunval13

Forgot to post him in his long pants.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Sunval14
Well, does anyone want one or more Sun Valley elves too?

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 1:15 am

Oh dear!! XD Is this Vaeri's alternate universe genderbent self??! Cause he looks a lot like Vaeri and he has a very similar backstory, other than the Egyptian and falcon stuff XDD

Always did adore Egyptian stuff so i'm ecstatic to see more of this!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 1:39 pm

I think you may see more, as long as I feel the lust to draw these guys.

Vaeri's alternate universe genderbent self...oh my, I did not intend to to this, but the idea is very funny!
In fact, I invented this character many years ago, he had a headband of red feathers and no helmet. I think he had blue-black curls, but I wanted a bit more variety than just blue-black hair. So he has this red-black hair like Leetah had in the first story.
If I find the original snippet of him again, I will scan and post it.

"he has a very similar backstory"
okay, what is more to Vaeris backstory but that she is a weaver and that  she's actually a mild-mannered, lovable elf who loathes fighting?

Vaeri is not in need to become an alternate universe genderbent self, she can also have her own place among the Sun Valley elves if you like.
Or would you like to have her and  more elves designed ?

The most things and background  can be still designed in this AU, they are still vague.

Has Anyone else interest in this.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 4:00 pm

This world sounds amazing! I'm a huge fan of anything Egyptian, but haven't really thought of any characters along those lines.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Haha, maybe you start now? Don`t be shy, Ty! Smile

Maybe Hero Forge give some ideas for designing elves.

Also "Mood boards" are common on Instagram when it comes to art challenges. It is a collection of pictures with totally different themes. If you want to have certain things combined like the headgear of a specific Egyptian deity with that of Savah etc. ...just an idea

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:32 pm

I do have Hiyo... https://toyhou.se/10823412.hiyo she's kind of in limbo where the character is...

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:39 pm

oh ok, that`s a start. Now we need some elfin stuff to combine with Hiyo .

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 1:21 am

Originally Vaeri's story was she came from the sun village but it was invaded and destroyed by humans. She woke up alone and left the village, eventually finding a green growing place with a tribe of Wolfriders...not Cutter's tribe but alternate universe version. Originally she recognized a Wolfrider but she's got a few different selves. Blackfin got the version who never lost her home.

I certainly would not be against Vaeri being a visitor to Sun Valley and getting some of the local fashion!^^ oh dear how would Blackfin react to his lovemates new style?*giggle*

I do find the idea of this lad being Vaeri's genderbent au twin quite hilarious myself ^^ but even funnier it was by accident! Ah he doesn't have Vaeri's teal colors though.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 6:02 pm

Oh my, the original Vaeri lost the complete Sorrows End , how sad.
Here your gal would have lost just a few elves. Smile

"I certainly would not be against Vaeri being a visitor to Sun Valley and getting some of the local fashion!^^ oh dear how would Blackfin react to his lovemates new style?*giggle*"

The Sea Raiders do not fit in this AU , so here is no Blackfin.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 9:14 pm

Aw. So i guess that means they can't go on vacation and tour Sun Valley? XD Ah well!

I'd still like to see more Egyptian elves though.^^
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 11:50 pm

I like Cyan's attitude, but I really like your Cig Snail character. Would like to see 'Adventures of Ciggy Sea Snail' sometime...

34 pages... I have been gone a while... glad you have stayed at it!

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 5:42 pm

Of course I stayed at it, it was Mermay, I produce all over the year merm-stuff for this time of the year. Smile

"Would like to see 'Adventures of Ciggy Sea Snail' sometime..."
Of course, I can well imagine that for you as a comic book reader. LOL
"Comicbook" was the prompt (topic) for that day of Mermay, so I just had to draw this. Very Happy
Maybe you willl see more of ciggy snail Rupert in future , maybe next Mermay, or even before (the preparation for mermay 2023).

So does the Egyptian elves, Vaeri.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 6:54 pm

Here comes the 2nd elf flying in from SunValley:
Meet Amun-her-Khepeshef (yes,yes, I know the name is nicked again. If I had an opportunity to translate from ancient egypt I would build my own egyptian names.  Razz )
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Amun-h10
And this is the base for his headpiece: (Layers are so cool)
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Amun-h11
The base for him was another character designed looong ago : Amar, a Sun Villager who showed up in this thread before. But Amar is an arabian name , not one of ancient egypt, so I kept "Am-" and changed the rest. But I liked the older name "Seth-her-Khepeshef" more and wanted to give him that name.
What do you think? Amun or Seth?
Also love the first part of the picture without the head piece
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Sunval15

Last edited by Yeee on Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:14 pm

He's your character, Yeee. You know which name fits him best ... or which he's calling for. ^^ For me the agyptian names are just exotoc puzzles with unknown meaning. Okay ... feeling says he looks like Seth. ^^

Besides this ... I've just noticed that I have forgotten to request a SunValley elt. Maleen would be a great Falcon Rider. And she can be an elder now that Savah and the others are gone.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 5:08 am

"For me the agyptian names are just exotoc puzzles with unknown meaning."
Oh yes, I forgot to write the translation.

Amun and Seth are deities, they appear in many names, Amun more than Seth, because Seth is the god of chaos and all strangers (interesting connection) and therefore Amun has always a better reputation.
If anyone wants to create a King Tut (-ankh-Amun): your`e welcome to do so, LOL.
So I should better name the elf Seth-her-Khepeshef which means: Seth is with his strong arm. A fitting name for this slightly boastful and playful big boy who is the little big boy of Rayek and.... and this was no request of yours but she is already so very much a part of the Sun Vally elves....Maleen. (remember your request to mix canon characters? This mix was one of my favorites)

Which leads to the next point: you can request another Sun Valley elf which is just your OC. Maybe you mix canon Sun Folk characters too and give thema kid.
 And
You are welcome to make the design for Maleen, I have no idea how she should be dressed.

Any ideas are welcome from everyone.  Smile

I forgot the giant falcons: Seth-her-Khepeshefs birb is a great beauty of a falcon (she was inspired by "Artemisia" the young female imperial eagle which had set a flight record and which was so senselessly shot in Austria.). For me her name is still Artemisia, it will stay until I have a better name for her .  And she will be a long range flying bird too.

Antefs birdy will be a small male. the agile bird flies at breakneck speed and loves to slide through the narrow canyon crevices. Since Antef himself can also glide, he can easily glide to safety if he falls off the Frenzied Falcon's back. Antef is best suited for this racer birb.

Oh, I just remember an old falcon Oc and its cool name: Windspeed, guess this is the perfect name for this new one.

Last edited by Yeee on Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 1:30 pm

@Tynami: here is a first try on your Hiyo, the mask will be done on another layer, I just made the Anubis-ears on her head to see how large she will be.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Hiyo10
And here are some female ancient egypt names names I found starting with H...:
Hetepheres, Hetephernebti (I like this one Smile ) , Herneith, Henutwati, Henuttawy, Henut Taui, Henuttaneb, Henutsen, Henutmire, Henutmehyt, Hemetre, Hekenuhedjet, Hedjetnebu, Hatshepsut-Merytre (also named: Hatshepsut-Meryet-Ra, which I think is very cool)....aaaand many more

What do you say how I should go on?
Maybe you find pictures of nice egyptian collars, headband, clothes etc., that she should wear or as a base for cloth and trinket design...

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 8:36 pm

Ah ... I've completely missed Hiyo!  And coincitentally I've mused about Elfgypts today and kinda felt sorry that it would be too hard to make an anubis-like charakter. And here you two go ... Shocked and I see the "Anubis-character" grow before my eyes

A mask ... such a clever and obvious idea! I'm looking forward to see the girl develop, Yeee.

Hiyo's hairdo is intriguing, Kat ... will your Elfgypt girl get this cornbraids - richly adorned with golden husks and lapis beads at their ends? Similar to this ... please? Would be go well with an Anubis mask with golden ears and lapis-blue "eyeliner".

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 11:19 pm

The day you've posted your first Elfgypt Antef my mind has built an AU around your Village of the Sun AU. I've almost forgotten about it ... just another thread of colors in the Scroll ... but today I thought: "Why not share?"

The Village of the Sun - your FalconRiders are your main protagonists who may start the quest at some point (instead of the Wolfriders). Pureblooded Elves. Glider magic is strong among them - not yet common but increasing. Healing and other magic abilities are rare.

Twin Peaks - a double volcano, one peak with a wide caldera, the other still growling and fuming. The Volca dwell there. The "cold" volcano is hollow (like Blue Mountain) and offers rooms, its caldera provides water and food. Fire magic is common among the Volca. Part of them live as beings of pure fire (selfshapers) and keep the active volcano in check.

With the Volca live the Fireflys - the Preserver variety of this world.

PalaceHide - most of the "Firstcomers" never left their disfunctional Palace ship. It is camouflaged as one of the icy mountians. The Hiders live there, comfortable but isolated from the hostile world. They remind of the original Gliders - even more wraithlike and stagnating. Gliding and "going-out" is common but working well only within the Palace. Other magic can be practiced ONLY as teamwork within the Palace. A small group started to consider an outside life but that's forbidden by the Circle of Eight.

Let's this small group call the Runaways ^^ ... some managed to escape over the decades, survived and reproduced (starting to develope a Go-Back like culture).

For their daily survival the Hiders depend on the "Trolls". The Trolls live underground in their mines and in the mountain forest.

Needle Rock - in a rock and coral tower in the middle of an atoll live the Tidestrays (imagine colder seas, not a tropic paradise). They are most similar to the original Wolfriders - just in water. They have bonded with Wavedancers (dolfins) and ride them for hunt and travelling; a few have cetacean-like mertails themselves. They might be dolfin-blooded but this heritage is very diluted. Rock/coral-shaping, healing and watershaping magic is running in their heritage but rare. On the other hand their Wavedancers show elfin heritage - long living and able to send emotions and simple messages (remember Nightrunner in EQ1).

Hmmm... maybe it would be funny to have some kind of Aquatrolls ... alien

Wherhold - in case someone is missing the Wolfrides - there's The Pack. Not what we are used to ... their wolfblood has taken over. They are nocturnal, wild and uncontrolled, wolflike ... or werewolf-like. Selfshaping/selfhealing magic is usual. Sending is rudimentary - just simple messages and emotions. Black-sending is a rare "gift" to some Pack members. Any other magic seems to be bred out. They den in earth holes or small caves. Their existence is just a rumor among Humans - so far no one survived an encounter to bear witness.

Forbidden Grove - There is even room for the Fungusamungus ... they would be the last pureblooded Elves among the wolfkin who have refused to become Pack and escaped in the ground. Plantshaper magic and selfshaping is common.

That's it with my whimsical ideas. ^^
P.S.: Of course there are other magic abilities possible in each tribe.

btw: I prefer Elves who LIKE to breed! (just not like albino XD)

Last edited by Embala on Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:27 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 9:32 am

Ooooooh my! Soooooo much stuff, cool! Like
I was thinking about building up a desert elf tribe and you come up with a whole elf-world Shocked ! But okay, why not.
Haha, I see the Wolfriders als tree pissing doglike elves ... and Winnie and her Glider pals completely neglected, dressed in rags, sitting in front of the television in the ruins of the palace waiting for the Troll dealers to bring some food rests .... the Rootless ones are there and the fire elves, Wendy invented, appear here too ...and WTF are there Sea Raiders among the Wave dancer-elves Very Happy ? Or relatives? Nearly everything fits to my Sea Raiders Fishy ....(did you think of them when inventing those Wave Dancers?)

Elfgypts: cool name! farao

I will answer adequatly later. But so far: Wow, great ideas.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 10:47 am

@Yeee Oh wow, she looks amazing so far! The mask is part of her ceremonial dress, but I don't think she'd wear it all the time. Names... names.... some of those are really cool! I kinda like Henuttaneb.

As for clothes.... I don't have my pics from the old egyptian exibit from a few years ago so let's see what I can 'dig up' Very Happy

@Embala I LOVE that look, especially the gold lips and dark eyes. I think she'd love it!

Looking through colors, she'd probably go with yellow, white and blue with a little red... can definitely see tattoo/body paint...

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 1082ea0539d8a3d962ad27cd8dbf2aa9
maybe something like this? 

Why do all egptian skirts have to be so long and form fitting, yuck... https://www.pinterest.com/sereneldy/egyptian-fashion/ is a good place for refs.

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 44aa00306e9301b7693ecc62ad68ffc2
maybe?

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 2:10 pm

Yeee wrote:
(yes,yes, I know the name is nicked again. If I had an opportunity to translate from ancient egypt I would build my own egyptian names.  Razz )

There are books on the topic. You can probably find an online reference that will help.

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 8:04 pm

@Trollbabe: I searched a little bit, but could not find any translation tables or translator for the quick use. I would have to order a book, that would take some time. I will see.
Would You like to have an elf of a special breed? To be honest, I thought of you while tinkering on Antef. Why not have a savannah-elf breed of elfricans in south of Valley of the Sun? The falcon riders could discover them on an excursion. Now that we already have a big bunch of different elf tribes thanx to Embala Wink  .

@Tynami: Thanx! So maybe it is:  Henuttaneb. Cool name! And good, that you  and Em found and collected interesting stuff for Henuttanebs  "mood board" , so i have something to design and to play with. (...a wide skirt, all right) Also thanx for the egypt fashion link, even the modern interpretations are very interesting for me.

@Embala:
" kinda felt sorry that it would be too hard to make an anubis-like charakter. And here you two go ...  and I see the "Anubis-character" grow before my eyes"

Don`t think it would be too hard to do this or that, but PLEASE write what`s going on in your head and then we can see, what  can or can`t be done.  Ok, you want to have an Anubis -OC? Why not? Lets see, to what this will develop...

And it is the Same with this remark of yours:
"The day you've posted your first Elfgypt Antef my mind has built an AU around your Village of the Sun AU. I've almost forgotten about it ... just another thread of colors in the Scroll ... but today I thought: "Why not share?" "

WTF?! Why the heck didn`t you share before? I'm wondering all the time that you don't write anything about it, even when I've noticed that you love to get to know new characters and AU's!?!
Luckily you did it now, otherwise none of us would know what a fine thing we would have missed.

The Village of the Sun : Yes all right what you write...

Twin Peaks Volca: Your tribe? These are cool, but the name Volca sounds strange. Maybe you find a better one?
The Fireflys are Petalwing and its pals ? with the same headdresses or different?

PalaceHide: Now I get it, these are the High Ones (and their kids?). Haken still hangs around there?
High Ones and kids as Go-Backs? Funny!LOL-make it so

Needle Rock: Ahem...these are somehow Sea Raiders aren`t they?
"(imagine colder seas, not a tropic paradise)" fits
"They have bonded with Wavedancers (dolfins)" fits
" a few have cetacean-like mertails themselves." all have, so nearly fits
"They might be dolfin-blooded but this heritage is very diluted"  fits so very much, LOL!
"Rock/coral-shaping, healing and watershaping magic is running in their heritage but rare." fits
" On the other hand their Wavedancers show elfin heritage - long living and able to send emotions and simple messages " Oh my, that fits too, I just never wrote this detail so clearly down and wanted to reveal this Sea Raider pals trait later...
Tell me if these are relatives of the Sea Raiders?

Aquatrolls: Oh my, I see them mostly as submarine-travellers in the sea, or on board a ship but not as mertrolls.

Wherhold: Haha, Elfquest-Monster High. The werewelves are loose. That is so funny! Do it! If the Sun Valley elves are going to meet the Wereelves, then there will be a much worse clash of the two cultures than there was in the original story. Leetah will run away from Cutter screaming. And even more bad luck for Leetah: she and Rayek are a couple in this AU and have long since grown apart in their relationship. So he's certainly not going to try to stop Cutter in any way...have bad thoughts now...mean grin!

Forbidden Grove: okay, your elves!

"btw: I prefer Elves who LIKE to breed! (just not like a rabbit XD)"

you mean: just not like a female Sea Raider with breeding cycles turned on? okay, that I can understand.  Breeding All 4 Years is a plague.
Well, the Elves of the Sun Valley were in the need to reproduce after they were decimated by the human attack. Leetah did her job as healer (like she did with the Tyleet making), so yes, these elves like to breed , by choosing the partner.

I am listening to this while drawing elfgyptian and it gives me vibes and ideas (who needs drugs when there is cool inspiring music?) and maybe to you too:

so much for now.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 10:46 am

Yeee wrote:
WTF?! Why the heck didn`t you share before? I'm wondering all the time that you don't write anything about it, even when I've noticed that you love to get to know new characters and AU's!?!
Luckily you did it now, otherwise none of us would know what a fine thing we would have missed.
Fine thing we would have missed ... Shocked Uhmm... äähhh ... Thanks Embarassed
About the why - I ssem to have a certain talent for world building or AUs, switching and twisting tribes and coming up with something more or less new or different. Pretty much lack the talent to play in these worlds, tho. Even the creation of a decent character with some depth can be pain. I tend to sketch an exposition and leave it to others to pick and develop.

Okay, I'll take my whimsical puzzle serious for some more time and try to flesh it out more. Offering zthoughts, ideas and inspiration - you pick and tell what goes or will not go. ^^
I get your basic idea this way: This AU is a variation of Original EQ - similar tribes, correspondant story threads and at least partly identical characters.
About the breeding:
Regular and frequent breeding circles are totally logigal and needed if you grow a whole tribe from a handful of ancestors. As soon as you have a viable puppultion - even mor in a limited environment - you'll need a significant death rate or some kind of birth control. I confess that I hate to kill my characters - even redshirts. So I prefer a small birthrate with a slow growth. But I clearly prefer a birth rate! ^^

The Valley of the Sun: FalconRiders. Elfgypts. - I've already suggested enough for your main tribe. Oh - one more thought: I see a Pern-like imprinting between the falcons and their riders. The bond is woven when the hatchling breaks the shell ... and the "chosen elf" will inevitably become the lifelong caretaker and rider for the birdie.
About an OC of my own:

Anubis was just a faint thought - dark vibe and intriguing ears. Let's flesh out him a bit more. First generation post-raid kiddo - probably the very first one. Parents: none we know I'd say. Hmmm ... how about Thiro for Dad?
Born with already strong sending abilities. Traumatized, vengeful, overprotective - because he sensed all the hurtful memories of the survivors. Tall, slender build, handsome, long mane, bluegreen eyes - he's the "Winnowill"-type. Suspect Just not as insane and more or less balanced and kept in check by his tribemates - but he's on the edge to turn foul. Outfit as dark/black as the colorful Sun Village can be ... actually see him in a long black egyptian silkstuff skirt with rich adorned shoulder piese, belt, sandals and a cape of heavier fabric. Think of Suntoucher ... and he wants to fill this role (priest, spiritual leader) without Anatim's serenity and wisdom. Can definitely be fanatic.
Just a thought: he can be formally responsible for the falcons and the hatching ritual - not that he would personally do all the hard and dirty work. ^^
Waves at Anubis: Good luck, my boy ... definitely no one I should even try to play. :wave:

If you ask me for a more personal OC ... it will become a family Rolling Eyes - again!

Amaunet (means: Hidden One / Secret One - verborgen, unauffällig) is the granddaughter of Minyah* and after the death toll of the raid she steped out of the shadows. She was always interested in herb lore and decided to step in for Toorah as a herbal healer. She went to Anatim's hut to see what was left of toorah's collection and knowledge. Anatim, who has survived the raid but never recovered from the shock, was very reluctant and offish. Amaunet won his trust and got the permission to study ... even gained Anatim's active support with time.
One day "eyes met eyes" and they recogneced. As the village urgently needed new blood and they actually liked each other the pull was fullfilled - and two twin girls were born. Anatim lived long enough to see them grow to teen age ... then simply "let go" and joined Toorah's spirit.
Amaunet is a knowlageable and experianced herbal healer by now. Kind and reserved, unobstrusive in look and manners. Prefers practical garb that works for gardening ... think of Minyah's style. Mostly wears a headscarf like this, just a bit shorter. I guess she likes the colors green and blue.
Without the headscarf her hair is mess of shoulderlong curl afro look. Darkgrey eyes with a hunch of green. I wonder if her hair will be dark grey ...
*(would love if Minyah has survived the raid ^^)

Mut, daughter auf Amauret and Anatim. Controlled, serene, practical. FalconRider by vocation. Her flight leader can always count on her. In my narrative "Mut" means caretaker, protector (actually listed as Mother). Brown eyes with this green hunch ... brown-auburn hair worn as 5 thick braids - two in front, three on the back.
"Die Göttin Mut wird als Frau dargestellt, die ein rot blaues Kleid mit einem federähnlichen Muster tragen kann. Wie viele anderen Göttinnen trägt sie häufig die Geierhaube, ..."
So why not ... a red and blue outfitwith featherlike pattern - please add a touch of green to the mix. a small falkon headdress. Some sort of long sleeveless bustier, pants covering the knees, a short loincloth, slippers are fixed with a cord around the ankles. Spare adornements ro keep it light and practical.
Standard spear/lancet, possibly a bow or crossbow in addition.
Birdie: males are the smaller gender, right? A male for her - not the fastest, but tireless and fearless.

Ankhsen-Amun - "older" sister of Mut. Eyecatching beauty, flirty, self-centered, fickle ... so NOT born to be a FalconRider. Sundown-red silky long hair (this bright orange-red), golden eyes, loves wavy fair dresses with frilly, shiny adornements and jewelry.
But as the story goes ... it was the evening of the Hatching Festival and the ceremonial circle was built. Inside the circle of eggs, ready to hatch - outside the circle of rider candidates, both rookies and expieranced Riders who need a new mount. The hatchlings will choose - but the Elves can make suggestions. Therefore one of the most experianced and honored FalconRiders was placed right in front of the most promising egg. Whatever whim has driven Ankh ... she wanted to present herself at best to Anubis ... minced around as close as possible ... slipped - broke the circle - and landed head first in front of the premium egg. Right at this moment the hatchling peeked out ... and bonded with Ankhsen-Amun. What a bruhaha!
There was no way to imprint the female birdie to a more appropriate Rider - therefore they had to teach Ankh to care for the hatchling and to become a FalconRider. She had no say in it. Well, Ankh is not stupid and with time passing she learned to be a decent FalconRider. Though you can never be sure that things work out exactly as planned with her. Rolling Eyes She's choosing more appropriate riding outfits now but they are always a tad too frilly and decorated to be practical. Handling a lancet is enough for her weapon skills - a fancy decorated lancet, please. I think she'd like big wings as a headdress.
btw: the failed "premium candidate" still frowns on her because of this incident.

Yes, my girls are Leetah's little sisters ... and somehow I think she is not amused!

Last edited by Embala on Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 1:17 pm

Yeee wrote:
Twin Peaks Volca: Your tribe? These are cool, but the name Volca sounds strange. Maybe you find a better one?
... tells the woman who has a mertailed elf boy called "Ortega"! XD
Volca is just a lazy shortcut for volcano - rather fitting the way I see it. I don't cling to the name ... we can roll with another one. Would you like "Blazers" better? ^^ *imagines a row of Elves dressed in more or less formal jackets* Naming board is free for suggestions! Till then ...

Twin Peaks: Volca. Firestarters. Fire-Controllers.
I admit that their creation was inspired not only by WP'S Fireelf but also by the "Vulca" from the Blue Moon card game. Therefore I'd like to have them with this dark blue skin and firey eyes (red and gold are commen, bluish and greenish are rare). Of course they have EQsty ears ... but bigger than Wolfriders and the tips are slightly skipped to the side. Strong fireshapers, who are able to inflame their whole body, are usually bald or wear a true fire-mane. Others, whose "Flame" is mainly restricted to fingers and mouth or eyes, usually have shiny black or ashwhite tresses braided or knotted together tightly or irokese crests.
Dress code can be quite similar to the Gliders (not just the Chosen)- but with more red and fire-golden trims and adornments. Same for their room interior - artful and detailed, with lots of metal and "floating" rock.
The Vulca are not stagnating at all. Breeding happens by Recognition and is rare but welcome. The fire magic usually devolops not before the sparks (kiddos) have passed their eightth turn of the season. The caldera offers a lake, vertile soil and space for animals. Part of the Volca are busy tending all this.
Specialists, who mainly exist as living fire, contoll the active volcano. They CAN recreate a living shell and are not like the "Zombie"-rockshapers. They actively interact with their tribemates.
As characters I suggest
- Pele'pel (LivingFire) ... similar to Winnowill, protective but not a maniac and a true healer
- Fueg'an (Firestorm) ... their leader and a "maker", not a dreamer
- Dra'ken (Dragonwing) ... guess why he's called so ^^
- Pyr'ee (Flamedance) ... a variant version of Aroree
- Hutspurr ... a youth
Lava, Magma, Fume and Geyser stand for the "elementals" as you might have guessed.
Their characters are NOT identical to the Gliders ... ah well, Pyr'ee maybe. ^^

The Vulca explore their world by building "underground railroads" using old magma tunnels and creating new ones. This way they might have reached the Sun Village and the Coldpeaks Chain. They are not eager to reveil their presence and make friends so nobody might have noticed so far.

Yeee wrote:
The Fireflys are Petalwing and its pals ? with the same headdresses or different?
What have I done! XD ... Now I need to deal with bugs. Rolling Eyes

Let's keep it easy. Bugs stay bugs - but in this case they have dragonfly wings. They live in the groves and meadows of the caldera and roam the living quaters to their liking (and dislike of the Elves). ^^
As long as they stay there they wear toppers of all sorts - leaves, flowers, snail shells, what else.
A group of eight serves as "fire squad" - for them it is a tiny helmet made from delicate metal frames, their own spit and tiny crystals.
Firefly spit can be preserving silk as well as very effective fire extiguishing stuff.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 34 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: