Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe

Go down 
+3
Yeee
Vaeri
Embala
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 am

Thanx for all your compliments, Embala ! And of course, for my cutie Sherah, she looks so great! Very Happy I love you
That must have been a lot of work with the 3 siblings for you, sorry for that. They all turned out so cool!
Hey, you have cut Shahers loincloth , isn`t it? there were no alternative loincloth , just skirts.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 3:51 pm

My pleasure, Yeee! Very Happy

Of course I've cut Shaher's loincloth *schnippschnapp* ... you've asked for it! I can.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Your so cult! cheers Like

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 5:33 pm

here is your "creepy harpy" Embala. The templates makes themselves  useful now, grin.
Please tell me what makes Ravenwing herself: I guess that she has a small touch of wrinkles under her eyes, since she is an ancient elf (at the time of the end of final quest). Then I drew her a long nose like Winnowill and a haggard face like Papa Haken.
The eyes are bigger and the eyebrows have a different shape than those of her parents.
Now you must tell me, what I should change on Ravenwing.

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Ravenw10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Shocked Change? ... seriously? ... Nothing! Surprised

I absolutely love her how she is. Such a gorgeous surprise! Made my day Very Happy

Thank you so much, Yeee! I love you

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 6:45 pm

You`re welcome, you have given me 3 wonderful harpy elves, this is in return!
ok, here is your Timmorn-birb Ravenwing. Have much fun with colouring or let her b/w as you please.

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Ravenw11
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 7:03 pm

WOW Shocked She's amazing, Yeee! I love you Herzlichen Dank!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Bitteschön und gute Nacht, ich mach Feierabend und geh ins Schneckenhaus zum pennen, bye! Crabby

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Seriously ... Ravenwing on your template is such a wonderful loving gift! And you were so thoughtful ...

In my eyes Ravenwing was just born weeks ago. I had the young adult on the run in mind - a teenager more than a twen. But she has a lot of offsprings in two worlds (yes, Ravenwing will go to Palace Mountain, too) and must be an elder - even considered a High One - at the present time in your AU. I always had a liking of matured elves. Seeing Zoaree with a High One vibe and some wrinkles is very appropriate.

I'll see what I can do for coloring her - either with my nice little program or the traditional way. ^^ But this will take time. Your gift is much appreciated, Yeee! I love you

Last edited by Embala on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Cool, then you can write yourself some storys of the teen Ravenwing and there is a story for Ravenwing as mom of a whole big flock.
She will be then considered as the great wise mother ,or like a witch doctor "sangomas"(I like the sound of the twisted word "Isangoma"): as a spiritual leader with some dangerous traits and powers (stop me, if I go too far, grin)
I must think of the spiritual leader of that "Avatar" movie (mom of Neytiri). Do you know her?

@Vaeri: hey, here is your harpy, I assume that your design is finished. You had not changed anything.
Tell me what I should change on the picture. On your Harpie picture I saw full lips, heart-shaped face ... and she looks like a big Vaeri with straight hair, right?

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpyv10
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 6:54 pm

My daughter Luna wanted her Harpy drawn at her age of 11:
here is Littlemoon

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpyl10

And I turned myself into a harpy too, Harpy Helloween gets nearer!   Pike Rolling

It`s me, Aneret:

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpya11
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Yay! You want to built a harpy elf? Try it with drawing. Here, have a female Template for drawing.
She is the more massive elf with a bird of paradise tail, in the height of a High One she certainly reaches the weight of a man. Such elves certainly have at least one giant thoroughbred eagle as a parent.
The template fits also for females shortly before egg laying (including the body fat on hips and legs fitting pregnant women)
Just print out, put the sheet on a glass pane table, put a light under it and copy, add some hair and change the lineaments as you like, if you like.
Have fun and share your harpys! I would like to see some.

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpye14

This will be the template for my Aneret:

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpya12

and here is Soaron: both names in one, spoken together as a phonetic name and individually spoken Soar On as a meaning name.

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpys11
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2019 10:19 pm

This is Aneret the XL -Harpy Elf:

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpya13
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Yay, I had an idea for a picture yesterday, but couldn`t finish it. Now I have at last the pencil version ready. Here is Soaron shrieking out his mighty harpy battlecry over his newest kill. I wanted to have him look at last in pure wild temper and spitting out while shrieking. If you like to imagine how that battlecry sounds: I found a cool shriek in the movie "the last unicorn" when a harpy attacks the unicorn in flight on "Dailymotion".
No Wolfrider or his mount  should mess up with a furious  full grown harpy warrior   Twisted Evil  poor wolf, that was its throat.

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Battle10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 7:51 pm

You ability to draw variant believable body shapes is admirable, Yeee! And I adore hpw you capture you scenes in motion - like a snapshot.

My Ravenwing is a slender High-One-like elder ... and yes, she's considered wise and a spiritual leader. And she most likely has some dangerous traits and powers - last not least she's a daughter of Winnowill and Haken! Mostly on the "good" side, tho ... (No ... I've never watched Avatar - some day I should; prefarably the 2D version)

Vaeri's Harpy is another slender "High One" with softer features. A lovely face, artful adornements and veryclose to the doll model. Close - but mor natural and a tad more Human  ... pardon- elfish!

Eleven year old Luna is adorable! A daring youngling. Wild and delicate and determained. Caught in action. I love these meager preteen legs and the expression of exitement and a certain innocent cruelty. Ähm... not exactly like cruelty - be it innocent or not - but you've shown her so lively and believable. after all she's a Harpy Elf and supposed to hunt and defend herself. I totally admire how you've modified the legs and claws to fit the kiddo. Luna reminds me of young Dewshine from the OQ and the flashback in OQ #4.

Aneret makes me chuckle. She has definitely more than one of Haken's traits. Love for red, a peacock tendancy and you should'nt mess with her. She has a certain "motherly" vibe, too ... in the sense of defending her brood fiercly with any means. Why do I get the notion that Aneret (and Yeee) could be your sisters? ^^
I like both versions. Makes me wonder whether Aneret has some shapechangeing power and can boost her beast heritage by will. Or - Harpys somply grow feathers for the cold season? ^^

The new sturdy template definitely has a motherly figure. and it fits well for strong harpy legs!
I love the realism in aneret's figure, Yeee. It shows body diversity - as it was common in early EQ - a believable elder and mother. And it's easy to imagine that the bird elves atake care to be well-padded before white cold is closing in!
Aneret's glance is challenging. "Dare you!" I adore how you've designed the feet of the Harpys. Functional, Stron and blievable for a bird. Furthermore they have aesthetics fitting an elf.

I've cheered when I've seen you have created Soaron's first draft on the maker. Piercing yellow eyes - not a big surprise! ^^ The peacock tail was a surprise ... but I know a peacock is a very defensive bird you should not understimate!
And within days you have im drawn - not on the template but in a fully fleged out action scene! Shocked WOW. It's breathtaking.
I adore your talent for drama and expression. Realistic pose and proportions. He turned out gorgeous! Okay ... I don't like so much that he's killed a wolf ... it's most likely in character for a Harpy, tho!

For me it's an extra treat that you show first drafts as well as finished drawings and inked (clean) versions. I love to get a glimpse how picture artists work. And Vaeri's colorings are the cream on the cake. ^^

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Yo hey, long post! Thank you very much, Embala, I `m happy to get so much answer  Very Happy  .

"And she (Ravenwing) most likely has some dangerous traits and powers - last not least she's a daughter of Winnowill and Haken! Mostly on the "good" side, tho ... "
Oh oh, interesting! What kind of dangerous traits and powers does she have? I`m so curious!

"Makes me wonder whether Aneret has some shapechangeing power and can boost her beast heritage by will. "
I haven`t thought about special powers of Aneret yet, maybe she is a shapechanger, or something else freaky. It must be fitting for her very feral nature, because both parents are eagles-offspring of Ravenwing. She was found by the Harpy-elves in the eagle nest as second fledgling (eagles let the second chick die on the long run unless the first one doesn`t survive).

At Aneret I thought less of a peacock than an eagle with a touch of a bird of paradise. Let her and Soaron and others peacock tail  and feather colours be a variation caused by elven powers or just by mere coincidence because of natural elven genetic variability, or perhaps caused by shapechanging or something similar. They are eagle -elves with peacock or whatsoever feathers!

"She has a certain "motherly" vibe, too ... "  
oh really? she is absolutely me transformed into harpy style .  Razz  Ok , I am a mommy in reality, its visible on my very personal harpy, grin.

"- a believable elder and mother."
Aneret is an elder yes, she will be very later a mother. Even while she loves to live in a nest, its so fine snuggly! But she doesn `t need to rush to become a mommy.

"Why do I get the notion that Aneret (and Yeee) could be your sisters? ^^"
um well, maybe because they both represent me as elf. One is the  more fierce fighting sea obsessed type with a touch of wickedness (showing when she turns Chad/Cutlet inside out , mean grin!) ) but also has a gentle side (hidden), the other one is a more caring type with a touch of fierceness a liking for pranks and hanging around with adolescent fledglings  and has a charm of a trampling elephant with her big talon-feet and being in particular veeery BIG. "HERE I AM" she shrieks and waves with her BIG wings everything around on the ground where it shatters or just fall aside while she tramples it (oops) with her BIG talon-feet. (grin)

And "Aneret" is an anagram (again, lol) of my second name Renate, but pronounced in english style (Äniret in deutscher Lautsprache)

"Or - Harpys somply grow feathers for the cold season? ^^"
My Harpys all have feathers throughout the year on their shoulders (males more than females like humans body hair) , on the back , the arms and legs.

"And it's easy to imagine that the bird elves atake care to be well-padded before white cold is closing in!"
Yes could be a possibility, but Aneret is meant to be an XL -Harpy, which comes from the hightened body mass she inherited of her full eagle shaped parents with elf genes. She is throughout the year an XL elf that can gain the weight of a human man (which is giant format for an elf). Those near eagle Harpy elves have a certain own special status within the flock and are surely respected as absolutely true to "Harpy being" (the harpy Way?) and be honored as "loveable", even if that kind of love is only expressed in a ritualized form, because these harpies are just so scary huge and massive that a delicate elf would really try to avoid to expose itself to  these giants.   Laughing

"Okay ... I don't like so much that he's killed a wolf ... it's most likely in character for a Harpy, tho!"
Yeah! That is so much harpy style, isn`t it?   Twisted Evil  Soaron got really pissed and he made it clear to the wolf riders that they should take better care of their stupid mutts! They just look too delicious, hm!
Soaron is an XL Harpy too, so don`t dare messing up with him, he IS dangerous!

"For me it's an extra treat that you show first drafts as well as finished drawings and inked (clean) versions."
Thanx, but I must admit, that some pictures look better, if they stay pencil versions. The Soaron pic is one of them, because I have the feeling, if I turn it into fineliner version, there may be something vital lost or the pic may get ruined. Same a little bit with the Cutlet pic in the sketchbook thread.

Here is Soaron a little bit elder than on the other harpy maker  pic , now with scars...
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpys12
Well, IF anyone here has interest in the audio-version of my elves :
This is the prefect voice for him: As a total audio-insane freak I always search for fitting music and voices for my characters, it gives them live and enhance my head cinema! I love to hear those audio music and voices and draw while listening! David Coverdale from Whitesnake is on it this time! The guy with the sexiest and hottest way to inhale air noisily (WHOAH  Shocked  What a Face  geek !!!)
Do not watch the video just close the eyes and think of funky Soaron hanging from a branch down headfirst singing at and for Ember, heh heh.  

And in the end today, it is "Ice" the albino , (ok the hands and feet are too colourful). Again with bird of paradise elf bird tail and the third XL Harpy Elf:
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpya14
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 10:22 am

Just dropping a find affraid

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Aneret10 Aneret

Limited options in this Rinmaru maker and disfunctional saving help - but HARPY!

EDIT: figured out how to get a better shot What a Face

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Ravenw24 Ravenwing

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 11:05 am

Oooooh WOW! What a great Harpy maker! Thank you very much for the link! My daughter Luna can`t wait until she may get at my computer to create some mangas and harpys, lol! I will surely make some harpys too. JOY! Very Happy

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 12:57 pm

Have fun together! Madcoil

You like anagrams, Yeee?
Figure out my first names! Three sisters: Amulet, Imreal and NicerShit ^^ Trinket

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 3:12 pm

NicerShit is Christine! Lol, wie genial ist das denn? Pike Rolling
laaaaugh!
The others I have not found.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Twisted Evil Was surprised too! Laughing

Tip für dich: Amulet kann auch "eine Bergfarm" + "ein Mädchenname" sein ...
... und Imreal fängt mit E an (und wenn du den Buchstaben m gegen v austauschst, findest du es vielleicht raus - aber M ist schon richtig ^^).

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 5:06 pm

Ich habs hinbekommen, yeah!
Aneret:

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpya10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 5:17 pm

WOW! That's FIRE!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 pm

hm, thats very much boops, I know. But I like that outfit the best for Aneret in this maker. At last it`s black, grin.
But now:

Harpy Halloween to you all!
Oh no, poor Harpymonster Aneret, who made herself very comfortable in her giant bloodstained nest, gets really scared by that horrible tiny cute boy!
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpyh11
and here is Maries Harpy:
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpym10
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 pm

The second harpy halloween picture, lol!
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Harpyh13

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next