Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+13
TrollHammer
Stormcatcher
Evil Evie
Kojiyumi
PCoquelin
jaRf
faeriegirl
Yeee
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
G0lden
Tynami
Embala
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 4:11 am

Nonna and Adar, first-ever kind humans we meet. nonna adar

And Aroree, from carefree Glider to "Sad Eyes". Aroree Sad

Also... when are you gonna start the Magic of Elfquest addition?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 4:42 pm

So far, my favourite is this one :

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 08_woo10

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Lovemates & Magic of ElfQuest ... 1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 There_10 The child is the link!
Don't miss to take a look at rendeer Kat's Pixel Advent santa - more goodies!

*chuckles* I love it if a plan works out well! Laughing and I love to see the girls unite in your banner, Yeee.
The Go-Back girls in the bauble cave are young Yun and her agemate Jirda.

You always cheer, Wolfie. *hugs* Having you here for the festive seasons is always special for me. And I love to read and reply and talk about the baubles.
Rainsong's hat did not fit inside the bauble. And Rainsong refused to stay without her hat! So what could I do? Solution! ^^
Nonna and Adar are "wearables" XD ... these tiny Christmas spheres are ear-ornaments! ^^
Talking about the orange "icicles", Wolfie? They made a good home for ancient Sunfolk, Alekah and Tekshu.
Two faces - two lives. Aroree as a guard and hunter in Blue Mountain - safe and happy but caged in. And strong and free like the wind in SHARDS.
Thanks for the praise for Yun's and Jirda's Advent home. Very Happy Then it was worth the effort!
Malou - in her Sea Raider identity - is Yee's joungest doughter. The shell adorned ornament was just right for the playful happy pip! Fishy

You've identified the majority, G0lden ... and missed Akekah and Tekshu, as expected. No big deal - very tiny, rather obscued and fairly unknown. Ahdri's ancesteros how they were drawn in New Blood.
The "Lovemates" Advent is almost completely art by Wendy Pini. I hope you enjoy it, G0lden. *hugs*

It's nice to see you regulary now, Redhead ... as I'm used to. Wouldn't be the same without our young chieftess! Ember
The Magic of Elfquest Addition will start on January 7th and go til Candlemas.

You go for the delicate ones, PC. Very Happy Actually it was a pleasant surprise when I've noticed how well the lifebearers turned out. Thank you!

For those who liked Rocky ...

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 2020_d10

... meet Daphne, the Christmas fairy! ^^

I see an elegant Barbie in a black gown with laces and a rose ... an Aerobic Barbie (sooo long ago) and one pretty in pink with extra long hair. Love to have the pixel calendar here! All of them turned out so amazing, Kat ... Black Rose is my favorite so far.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 12:34 am

Kahvi and Rayek and the Rayek and Winnowill.

That Koala makes a nice addition to the tree.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 4:52 am

Now there's a couple that didn't quite work out. Rayek Kahvi

Embala wrote:
The Magic of Elfquest Addition will start on January 7th and go til Candlemess.

Ah, I thought it was December 7th.

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 5:31 am

That's right, but at least Venka came out, it was worth it.
Day 10 is totally mine! Rayek I love you That also goes well with the snow theme. I actually found the couple Rayek and Khavi great, much better than with Leetah. A lot of nice stories would have been possible with that couple. But no, that has to lead to this annoying dead end Winnowill.
The fact that Rayek and Khavi were apart in hatred fits their wild temperaments, but how is it that Rayek instinctively knows that his baby is alive (Ekuar emphasizes again in Kings: "And the little brown-skinned child who could or could live not? ") and he still runs off into the far future, doesn't make any sense. I'm pissed off because an incredibly great dynamic story was screwed up from the ground up here. How many tense stories could have been written in Venka's years of growing up. And then there are the twins of Cutter and Tyleet, who could have grown up together as "Elfquest, the next generation" Laughing . Kings of the broken wheel is a story with sometimes stupid content but beautifully drawn.
Well, that belongs more to the other thread, "What would you change about Elfquest".
Anyway, the Baubles look great, the pictures of Khavi and Rayek are very beautiful! Thank you, Em.

Ouch, poor Daphne, I hope she hasn't eaten any plastic.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 11:59 am

Awww! The koala: Dahpne. So cute!! What a story!

Kahvi and Rayek! Kahvi Rayek I love the snowy background and their images fits this perfectly.

Rayek and Winnowill! Rayek Devil Winnie Evil
I really love how this one turned out. Winnowill holding Rayek his bauble. I really like this image of Rayek. The image of Winnowill is just perfect!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 7:11 pm

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Lis_tr10

I've realized the coincidence not before I've opened the two windows, G0lden. Nice surprise for myself! rendeer

Looks like neither Kahvi's nor Rayek's love affairs really worked out, Redhead. Make for interesting baubles, tho!

Could have taken a bet that you will comment on this day's windows, Yeee. Rayek Devil You even claimed the day! I've used the "moment of betrayal" for the 2020 scene - fits the relationship.
Your view on EQ and Rayek's relationships and actions is welcome here, Yeee. And - nothing wrong with double posting it in the other thread. I have an idea why WP decided to "screw up an incredibly great dynamic story from the ground" as you see it, Yeee - most likely Rayek would have stolen the Great Cutter Show. ^^ About Ekuar's quote ... he might have learned to know and understood Kahvi better than Rayek did.
The story tells that Daphne has tried plastic leaves - and deleted it from her menu list.

I've guessed that Rocky's and Daphne's adventures would be a neat addition to the Advent thread, Wolfie.
Rayek and the other (part time) baddies are good to inspire interesting baubles. I often surprise myself with their choices. Glad you like them so much! Very Happy

It's going well with your Pixel Advent, Kat! bounce The sprites come one a daily rate Like one prettier than the other.
I see Barbie as a western show girl - Annie Oakland in white. ^^ And another pink lover - she looks like a peppermint candy with the white stripes.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Behtia and Wing! Nice couple. I love the colors in Behtia's bauble. I see that detail you put there bu Wing's hand! I love it!

Cool red bauble! Diddn't expect that one to be here!

[quote="Embala"]
1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Lis_tr10

I really love this one! I love that you made it night and the tree in the background makes this look so good.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 3:57 am

Aww! Wing and Behtia. Such an under-appreciated couple.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 4:55 am

Aaah, such a loving steady couple! Toorah Suntoucher
And probably one that had the least eventful Recognition ever; basically just "Well, let's go do this thing!"

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 1:09 pm

Toorah and Suntoucher! Toorah Suntoucher Nice to see them here. I love the design of their baubles! It also fits with the Sun Folk!

It looks like Skimback, but i'm not sure if it is him. Very nice blue bauble!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Wing and his love. Plus new pretties

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 3:30 am

Fitting the "Let It Snow" theme ...

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 2011-g10

... a 2011 gift for my friend Sharptooth. The dollz, symbolizing Sharptooth with her wolf bonds, were made by cometduster.

Bethia is always good for a colorful ornament and Wing got some of her flower power this time. "Demon" Haken is more for the 12 Nights indeed, Wolfie ... but it is a good illustration of his magical powers too. Oh - and it IS Skimback! I love how 'fluent' this bauble turned out.
You like the young rockshapers creating a crystal Christmas tree Very Happy ... Mekda, Osek and Ekuar are happy to please you!

In case you have more under-appreciated elves in mind - I always welcome suggestions, Redhead! Love your view on the "eventless" recognition. Though I imagine it was more like "We've learned almost everything - nice to learn this too!"

I remember how much you've liked Bethia's belly-showing bauble years ago, G0lden. She's such a lovely sight. Not sure which "other pretties" Very Happy you were not sure about ... the guy floating in the bluish bauble is Skimback, a Wavedancer. And the three "treeshapers" are Ekuar and his childhood friends Osek and Mekda.

Two Barbie girls in BIG gowns! Sunday girl looks like a cream cake ^^ ... amazing work, Kat.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 5:13 am

Not a couple as such, but they learned to respect each other.

Dewshine Tyldak

Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 5:40 am

Good to see some can still enjoy pre-Christmas time. For me it usually is stress til 23rd and then I suddenly "wake up" and notice that it's Christmas. And I'm kinda late for it.
And this year there won't even be a Christmas market. I miss the smell of Langos and (slightly overpriced) Krapfen. But then, I usually missed the market anyway... Razz
But at least here are some branches of conifers and baubles to look at. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:37 am

""Demon" Haken is more for the 1^2 Nights indeed, Wolfie ... but it is a good illustration of his magical powers too"
So there will be a Demon-Haken in the 12 nights calendar? YES! But what do you mean with "a good illustration of his magical powers too" ?

"You like the young rockshapers creating a crystal Christmas tree"
It is a crystal XMas tree! Of course, as rockshapers it must be of stone! Good that you write it now, I have not noticed yet.

@jaRf: Oh sad, you miss the Christmas market. Sad This year is so weird. But at last you can be together with your mom for X-Mas. We are 4 adults plus to kids, we can only meet the kids uncle. The Grandparents are forbidden for us because we are too many. I don`t know how I should tell that mean truth to little Malou-Lilypad. No Sad

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Loving all the new baubles!! The newest two are Peaches 'n' Cream and Dream Glow. The red rose was 'Solo in the Spotlight' one of my most favorites in all of Barbie history. The set up to Peaches are what I had done, Dream Glow is brand new.... so from here on out it'll be harder to keep up. Please let me know if anyone has any specific Barbies they'd like to see Very Happy

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Suntoucher and Toorah. Tyldak, if there is more I can't see it well enough to figure out.

Winnowill!!!!

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:24 pm

Such a beautiful bauble for Sharptooth. I remember that doll!! Good times. I love the snowy background with the tree. It somehow really fits.

Baby Windkin, Dewshine and Tyldak! Dewshine Tyldak I love that you put Windkin with both his parents baubles! There is a lot happening in here. It looks very sweet.

And Tyldak again, but this time with Winnowill! Tyldak Winnie Evil. I love what you did with this one. It looks really painfull! Winnie sure looks evil here!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:27 pm

Good too see you here, jaRf! Very Happy Yes, it is still fun to make the Advent calendar. It's a pleasant distraction despite the additional stress it brings at times. I'm glad it offers you a festive sight - a tiny substitute for pre-Christmas mood in real life. No new baublehead for you - already did my best with your avatar last year. But I have something for you nevertheless ...

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Lis_ch10

... an Elfin Christmas market for all of us. santa Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy the real thing next season - with Feuerspatzen und Karpfen (no typo!).
Thanks for the inspiration, jaRf!

A recognized couple but no lovemates, that's true. The mutual respect you've mentioned, Redhead, is what counts for me.

"Demon Haken" dwells last Friday's window, Yeee - right after Rayek's bauble was stolen by Winnowill. He is in the "magic" calendar because he is a magic user - in a variant appearance due to his special use of this flesh'n bones shaping skills. Not the handsome look you prefer. XD
"A crystal Christmas tree " - a matter of interpretation, Yeee. Of course it has to be a crystal tree as it is created by rockshapers ... or it's a true crystal icing covering a real fir tree. Who knows? ^^
Ooch... no grandparents? O_o Can't you celebrate with the Uncle one day and with the grandparents  on another Christmas day? Or are you permanently four adults? Rolling Eyes That's part of the corona rules I'll NEVER get. Lebensfremd. I wish you and your family a festive joyful Christmas - and the kiddos even more.

Thanks, Kat! santa You ask for requests? Okay - on your own risk! Wink I have a handful of Barbies myself - among others the Fairy of the Garden and the Fairy of the Forest ... I like Forest Fairy most! ^^
Looking forward to see more artful tinies!

I've did it again - too small, too obscured and unexpected perspective. Hard for you to identify, G0lden but you got Tyldak! sunny On the left is Tyldak (only half seen) with baby Windkin, on the right Dewshine with the little one. I'm happy the Suntoucher and Toorah were no problem in their "Sunvillage huts" and Winnowill - couldn't be clearer! Get well soon, G0lden. Hug

I love how Sharptooth's ornament turned out ... it feels so true with the mirrored landscape in the background. Being covered in snow is a bonus.
I've always liked Tyldak, Wolfie. And I love how the situation was solved and that the three finally made peace with each other. And ... I feel with Tyldak. They had to be together for Christmas. I'm proud that it is storytelling - for insiders at least. Very Happy
Another coincidence I've not even noteced ... this becomes a habit! ^^ Winnowill was always more of a fleshshaper than a healer for me. And she surely enjoys to give pain. Therefore her "example of magic" shows this cruel side.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 4:49 am

Huh, guess I've never really considered Newstar and Dart a couple. But, boy... does Dart like mixing it with that family?

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 12:06 pm

Newstar and Dart! I really didn't expect these two together! I love their baubles though. The howl in the background is really nice!! Also love the weapon he's holding outside the bauble!

Very nice bauble of Goodtree!

Embala wrote:

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Lis_ch10

This is so cute!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Sweet! A Christmas market for all of us, though I don`t like them on this one here I will surely go. I love you The children are full of joy because of all those fine toys and Jirda has found the mulled wine stall and orders a big one for her and a small one for Chief Zey. Razz

Ah yes, now I recognize the picture of Haken again. At first sight I didn't, just thought: hm, where do I know that pic from? Who `s that?
Nope I don`t like this design and in my imagination he finds surely a very different (plus more handsome Wink ) and more effective self shape to achieve his goal.

" O_o Can't you celebrate with the Uncle one day and with the grandparents on another Christmas day?"
Nope, they all live too far away from us for just driving there and to return the next day again. We always celebrate X-Mas at home ,have the goose to eat on the first day of X-mas and the second we drive to the grandparents. Normally we stay till the beginning of the new year, but now all that is forbidden. And we cannot endure my parents in law at Christmas eve, ME SURELY NOT! Shocked No Not even my hubby can, believe me.

"Or are you permanently four adults?"
yes, my 2 elder kids are grown up now. Aaron became 18 in October.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Aroree and Skywise!! Aroree Sad and Skywise smile I'm so happy to see them here. It does look really sad. I love the blue colors in this.

Tier!Tier Happy I really love his bauble! Loving all the colors around his image! It's really pretty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 8 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next