Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+13
TrollHammer
Stormcatcher
Evil Evie
Kojiyumi
PCoquelin
jaRf
faeriegirl
Yeee
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
G0lden
Tynami
Embala
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:36 pm

Lovemates & Magic of ElfQuest ... 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 There_10 The child is the link!
Don't miss to take a look at rendeer Kat's Pixel Advent santa - more goodies!

There's evidence enough to imply a puppy love, Redhead Ember ... and I wanted this facet for my calendar - a youthful playful crush. Now that you mention it ... *goes to check Wing's life for hints* Just kidding ... ^^

That's a pity, Yeee. Hug This Christmas will be different for sure. You'll make it a good one - the best possible one!
Haken wanted to appear like this in the calendar - I swear! XD I know about "personal retconning" ... tend to do it myself at times. Doesn't necessarily make for a better story in my case. XD But ...  I'd love to see you draw this more effective self-shaping you've mentioned!
You like my little Christmas market *bows* I'm honored! Very Happy Believe me - there are nice small Christmas markets (in a normal year) , i.e. a medieval market in Fürth I love to attend! Funny view on Jirda Laughing ... I think she was hired as Pelzmärtl ... ^^

I wanted Dart and Newstar sweet (the ribbon baubles) and lively (reaching out of the sphere). The howl enhances the effect. Love how they turned out.
Still not sure why Goodtree wanted a ribbon, too - I remember that I've suggested this and that and more. Goodtree: "Ribbon!" Wink
More  Skywise for you ... sad this time with a desperate Aroree - another "variant mood" I wanted to include. I promise you a very happy Skywise sooner or later, Wolfie. Skywise Wink
Last not least Teir - this special ornament was so perfect to mimic his "magic aura" from Wild Hunt.
You love the Christmas Market santa scene, Wolfie, just as I've hoped for! @jaRf inspired this idea Very Happy and it was as challenging as satisfying!

Last edited by Embala on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 am

Dart the new protector and Lovely Newstar. Aroree and Skywise. Beautiful Goodtree and brooding Rayek.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Funny, I just read about the "Pelzmärtl" and it appears also in the Odenwald where I came from. And I didn`t know it! Laughing Well, I was never really integrated there anyway.

"I know about "personal retconning" ... tend to do it myself at times."
Interesting, what did you retcon?

" I'd love to see you draw this more effective self-shaping you've mentioned!"
It comes on my long to -draw- list. Razz

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 8:17 pm

No snow this time ...

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 2011-g11

... spring fits so much better for cometduster herself. The dollz picture herself and her daughters Twinkletoes and Brave Spirit. The reflection in the sphere has become a major part of the scene again.

A young love, a desperate love ... a lovely treeshaper - and not Rayek. This really dark guy is Teir surrounded by his magical aura as he was seen in Hidden years, G0lden.

I like Pelzmärtl much better than Santa Claus - and he comes at November 11th as a forerunner of Christmas. And the Christkind brings presents at Christmas Eve. There was no Santa Claus in my childhood. And I just learned you came from the Odenwald, Yeee.
No special "retconning" in EQ - there was not much I've wished to change. And FQ does not count - there was so much wrong in my opinion that I don't care. XD I remember that I did it all the time as a (pre)teen, tho.
"It comes on my long to -draw- list." Like

Last edited by Embala on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 2:20 am

Enjoying the baubles, Em.

Was looking back on the old forums at one of your early Christmas countdowns... The time machine did away with itself but I believe it was back in 2008 I was looking at. Consistently good over the years!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 5:29 am

"I wouldn't choose fire."

Oh... Skot...

Laughing Pike Skot

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Pike and Skot!  Laughing Pike  Skot I'm so happy to see these two here. It's sad that we didn't got more moments with these two together. Beautiful baubles!

Yurek! I really love this golden bauble a lot! It looks very fantasy like.

Such a beautiful bauble for cometduster! I love the forest in the bauble, or is it an island? It's really nice to look at.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Cool Yurek! Would like to see more of the Sun Village founder in the comics.
Such a cute Christmas ball, with the fir branches that are reflected in the ball, is really beautiful.

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 6:13 pm

This one is cute:

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 11_win10

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Awww, scentful Lebkuchen, and these Feuerspatzen look familiar, but I think they go under different names elsewhere (Quarkbällchen?). Thanks for the collage of elves and tasty things. Smile
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 12:08 am

Looks like Zey and the rest of the gang have discovered the mulled wine stall ...

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 Lis_di10

... and are up to raid the Christmas market - or at least said stall, Yeee! XD
A "one shot" issue, drawn by Wendy Pini in the early HY story line, about the "Rise of the Sunfolk" would have been awesome. It could start with Hassbet's group crossing the Burning Waste and end with Savah becoming MoM ... *dreaming*
Thanks for the "reflection ball" praise Very Happy ... it was nice to play with these mirror effects.

Have a stroll on the elfin Christmas market, jaRf Rayek - it's small enough to match your limited time. It was fun to create this special little place for Elves and Humans alike. It's a pity that I have not thought of adding Petalwing ... and including a Troll! Bearclaw n Picknose Just imagine Old Maggoty running the mulled wine stall on the other side of the lane. ^^
Quarkbällchen and Feuerspatzen seem to be closely related but it makes a big difference whether you get freshly made "Feierspotzn" on the Christmas market or buy Quarkbällchen at the bakery.

Thank you for the praise, Hammer. Very Happy Have some mulled wine. Drinking
In case you are up for another stroll on memory lane or simply wish to catch up with previous years - the first post links to all the previous calendars and some of the Holiday collages. Don't want to distract you from you own jinkling Christmas poject, tho! It looks awesome!

*hugs Redhead* Just my thought! Skot Laughing Pike

No way to leave these lovemates out, Wolfie! I wanted them to be special - and really close.
Old Yurek still knows how to impress! ^^ And he stubburnly refuses to be banned in a "normal" sphere. Artists! Rolling Eyes
Make it a forest or an island or both, Wolfie  Hungry Wolf  - the "eye of the beholder" and personal imagination is part of the fun!

This couple is cute, PC! Very Happy I'm glad to give you delight once more, dear friend.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 1:11 am

Pike and Skot. Leetah and Rayek. Dart and Reef.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 4:51 am

Interesting how he was perhaps better able to show how much he truly loved her - as opposed to just wanting to possess her - after they'd broken up.

Leetah Smile Rayek

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 7:02 am

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 13177110

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 7:05 am

How cute!

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 11:44 am

Rayek and Leetah! Rayek Leetah Smile Very nice red baubles. I like the images of them, also the bauble's shape! I love that you made them look up and down at each other!

Such a beautiful bauble of Reef! :reef: I love the background, it really fits with the image of him.

Embala wrote:
Looks like Zey and the rest of the gang have discovered the mulled wine stall ...

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 Lis_di10

I love these kind of baubles! Zey and his gang! I love the night background in this. Didn't expect them to be here, but it's a nice suprise!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 9:29 pm

Yay, Rayek again!
This Zey and gang bauble is great! the mulled wine stall will not stand a chance.
Once I had an OC running with Zeys gang Razz Laughing .

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Two well known couples for you, G0lden. Very Happy There must be something about Yurek that ressembles Dart - it's not the first time they were mixed up. And Reef of course.

Too late for them. "Too late" seems to be Rayek's fate, Redhead - Leetah. Kahvi. Winnowill. It was hard to decide which state of their relationship I'd picture. Finally I've chosen a playful moment but maybe I'll try the opposite, too. *notes idea*

Awww... little lucky snow people got Santa santa bags for Christmas! Very Happy Your lovely and funny contributions add to the joy, PC. Very Happy So many contributions this year ... Your picture gifts. Yeee's imaginative story ideas. Kat's tiny sprite gems. And all the loving comments. It's community! I love you

And now I know that I'll have to make the variant Rayek/Leetah baubles, Wolfie - just to see how it will turn out when they lock away from each other!
A shiny background for shy Reef ... but have you spotted his misshaped form in the background?
Go-Backs are perfect for the Let-it-Snow theme! rendeer I've already made Zey's ornament before the Christmas market scene ... but with Yeee's funny story idea the panorama bauble is so much better! Laughing

What do you think, Yeee? Will Rayek appear once more? Wink
Guessed you would love Zey's gang! Like In backview this bauble was just perfect to run with your idea.

*waves* No new tiny Barbie sprites ... Hope you are well, Kat! *hugs and kisses*

Last edited by Embala on Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 1:13 am

Ember and Sunstream. Don't remember the other face.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 3:24 am

I was so convinced they were destined to be lifemates, but I suppose having two wolfrider chiefs in a row being lifemated to healers would seem a bit weird.

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 9:19 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
I was so convinced they were destined to be lifemates, but I suppose having two wolfrider chiefs in a row being lifemated to healers would seem a bit weird.

Hey, it was that or the heirs to first aid kit companies.. They had a rough couple of years.....

Maybe since the kinseeker isnt seeking kin anymore things will smooth out?
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Mender and Ember! Ember I love the images you used! Also really like the yellow and red colors!

Oakroot? (young Tanner) I rember this image,but not from where and who he is. It's a really nice bauble with a little bauble on the bottom! I like the brown colors.
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Ive got a christmas-y question... Are there EQ themed christmas songs from back when the old forum was at its peak or something? Perhaps along the lines of (to the tune of Jingle Bells): Jinkle Bells... Skywise Smells... Winnie made an Egg...?

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 8:38 pm

"What do you think, Yeee? Will Rayek appear once more? "
I hope so! But now that you ask , I believe you made another Rayek, surely in the baddies-section (12 days of christmas calendar?)

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 11:18 pm

@ Hammer: Don't remember anything but friends and I were dabbling on a Moonshade-version of the "Twelve Days of Christmas" ages ago, like "On the first day of Christmas my true love shot for me..."
Feel free to use that idea... ^^

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 9 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next