Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How's your day going?

Go down 
+39
Arthis
Beryl
PCoquelin
Shadowpath
Nibblet
Embala
Evil Evie
Sifra
Trollbabe
Wiseshaman
Stormcatcher
Kindredsoul
IceTooth
anj tuesday
Leanan
Zadzi
Miscellaneous
Prayer
Bluetree
Rainflower
Startear
Redhead Ember
Tenderfoot
Cloudbuck
wolfmoonsky
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
Nomad-Human
Windyboy
Multi-Facets
Fairyring
Lunakat
faeriegirl
G0lden
Elwing
TrollHammer
Kojiyumi
ChristinaRaibert
truelight
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

How's your day going? - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 pm

Good luck, Rainflower. flower *hugs*

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Beats being at work.

Last week our company handed out printed T-shirts with a message against racism.  It was pretty lame.  There was no campaign attached to it, no diversity training planned, and no particular reason for it.  No connection to the Georgia USA shooting, as the t-shirts were ordered in advance. Some of us, black and white, were embarrassed to wear it.

Last week I was also given the task of training a new employee who sent my spider-sense tingling. Day one, she poured on the charm and gave me a phony sob story about a previous employer, whom I knew paid better wages. Day two, she realized charm and sob stories didn't work on me, ignored my training attempts, and threw herself at the guys instead.

Yesterday, I confided in our boss that I don't think she understands how much work is actually involved in our jobs. I told him I didn't want to say anything bad about her, as she is a pleasant person (gag!)

He said she was placed in this unlikely job because they had too many people in accounting. In other words, the office clearly didn't want her either.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 8:04 am

Wow... Then your boss should tell her. I hope you'll be okay, @Trollbabe. Manipulative bitches always ruin for people.

Racism is a problem, but I'm not sure that's how to solve it...
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptySat May 01, 2021 7:55 pm

Great! I spent the day with my boi and he showed me how to paint miniature game figures. It was incredibly fun, and acording to him I caught up really well on it. It would be fun to se if I could manage one of his monster figures as well.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:12 pm

I am trying to help my daughter with famous German food and drinks. She needs to list 15, and I can think of only 3...
Such a weird thing to have to do for a german language class...

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:39 pm

@ Sifra: Drinks - Weissbier, Rheinwein (many sorts), Korn (wheat brandy), Pharisäer and a lot more
Food - Labskaus, Bismarckhering, Hamburger Pannfisch, Finkenwerder Scholle, Falscher Hase, Grünkohl mit Pinkel, Rundstück Warm, Himmel un Ääd, Spätzle, Dampfnudeln, Frankfurter Green Sauce, G'selchtes, Kaasspatzn, Franzbrötchen, Krapfen, Leipziger Allerlei, Snuten un Poten ...

Way to go past Frankfurter Würstchen and Sauerkraut! ^^

Last edited by Stormcatcher on Tue May 11, 2021 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Thank you Stormcatcher!
The Frankfurter Würstchen and Sauerkraut were exactly the ones we already had... Those and the Schwartzwalder kirch. Embarassed

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:47 pm

Just google some stuff and fit the most weird (or delicious) in ^^

They may only be world-famous in Germany, but you'll get some kudos for the weirdest never mentioned ones ^^

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Let's not forget the Friesentorte:

How's your day going? - Page 32 ,id=1c4fb70d,b=lecker,w=610,cg=c

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:10 pm

That looks delicious!
I really have to go to Germany when the Pandemic is over. I want to go on a cake journey!

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:14 pm

You could eat your way through Germany and gain a couple of stone that way! ^^

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Seriously, German cuisine is based on the tribes that made Germany and it's very versatile. To limit it to Sauerkraut and Sausages is like saying American cooking is nothing more but burgers and steaks - which is not true.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Stormcatcher wrote:
You could eat your way through Germany and gain a couple of stone that way! ^^
Sounds like a great plan! Laughing

Stormcatcher wrote:
Seriously, German cuisine is based on the tribes that made Germany and it's very versatile. To limit it to Sauerkraut and Sausages is like saying American cooking is nothing more but burgers and steaks - which is not true.
I don't know that much about American cooking, either, but I ate a twinky once.
But you are right, and it is very interesting to learn about the foods and drinks of other cultures.
Germany is not that far away from my country, so taking my daughters there was definitely on my to do list. I was just never able to decide which part to visit. Of course, with the Pandemic, every place that is not my own town seems like a great adventure. Rolling Eyes

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Where are you sitting? Let's hope everyone's being sensible and getting their vaccinations so we can open up.

Been trying to get the jab for weeks but German bureaucracy and lack of vaccine has spoiled my efforts so far.

Join the chat box Smile

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:46 pm

I am in the Netherlands, living near the tulip fields. The vaccine program is slow and full of set backs here, as well.
I work in health care so I am vaccinated. Just waiting for the rest of the family to get it as well..

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 3:29 pm

Awww, I've just started on low carbo diet now, and those foods should so yummy😋😫

Been a rather productive day so far. Made allot of plant groups for our national day, and some bouquets as well. Since the extra girl comes right at my ending time it always come to a little extra time for me there, but she goes to school so she can't help it. Only minus is I was so hungry cause of my diet, but I feel proud of making it through. Boi and I decided to do a little slimming together, so we're helping each other out.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyTue May 11, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi @Sifra: have a few food thingies for you too:
drinks: Berliner Weisse mit Schuss (freaky colored beer drink ,but  I like it!), Tote Tante (luv it: it is potent alcohol, I think it was rum and hot chocolate, after a day at the beach it warms you up and is soooo tasty first, and then afterwards you know why its name means: "dead auntie". Twisted Evil lol!
food: famous bavarian stuff: Laugen - Bretzel (in english Pretzel, I believe it was that way), and Weisswurst mit suessem Senf  (white saucage with sweet mustard),

@Rainflower : here is something for you and you stay voluntarily on diet: Schweinshaxen (pork foot tongue silent No , in here belongs a "puke" emoji )

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyWed May 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Dead auntie? What kind of meal is that?

And thanks for the tip, @Yeee. I actually had something similar for lunch at work😁So far I'm doing well
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 5:06 am

Sifra wrote:
I am trying to help my daughter with famous German food and drinks. She needs to list 15, and I can think of only 3...
Such a weird thing to have to do for a german language class...

There already has been a lot, and that Friesentorte is unknown to me, but looks nice.

There is a lot of regional food, and some is the same but has different names, depending on region.
I'll try to add some

drinks:
(most with "names" are usually alocoholic)
Federweißer (this is a very young style of wine) translt. feather-white
Limo(nade) (all sorts of lemonade)
roughly 1000 sorts of beer
Kaffee (coffee, main drug in Germany, so maybe okay to mention)

foods:
bread (Duitsland is all about bread! 1000 sorts, can't name all of them; maybe one distinct name would be "Pumpernickel")
Quarkkäulchen (with äu nor eu), a special dish similar to a thick pancake of potatoe mass with Quark (Quark is Quark, maybe could be translated to curd, or something that is before cheese but not yet cheese, a touch of sour, but very mild)
Kartoffelpuffer (also Reibekuchen, roughly cut potatoes and often onions made into a kind of pancake, sweet or spicy)
Berliner (elsewhere Krapfen, though Krapfen can also be slightly different in even other places; Pfannkuchen (though here also applies that Pfannkuchen is Berliner in some areas, but sometime it can be ... see next point)
Eierkuchen (sometimes also called Pfann(e)kuchen or Omlett (though Omlett can also be with much more egg and less flour), in very thin form it also goes as the French Crepe

Thüringer Rostbrätel (something similar to a steak for barbecues)
Thüringer Rostbrätwurst (Thuringian grill sausage)
Nürnberger Würstchen (small sort of grill sausage)
Bay(e)rische Weißwurst (Bavarian white sausage)
Mutzbraten
Tote Oma (dead grandma, sometimes also called Tiegelwurst)
Linsen mit Blutwurscht (lentils with a special sausage)

Handkäs mit Musik (region of Hassia, esp. Frankfurt am Main, a smelly(?) cheese with a special sauce)
Leipziger Allerlei (already mentioned, but it is a mix of specific vegetables and - in the old times - a kind of local crabs; today is is incorrectly marketed as vegetables only, and sometimes even the wrong or incomplete vegetables)
Leipziger Lerche (in old times it actually was the bird Lerche, but later this was forbidden so bakeries made a nice sweet that faintly resembled the bird)
(Dresdener) Stollen (Stolle is a special Christmas pastry, quite famous)
Lebkuchen and Pfefferkuchen (it is only Pfefferkuchen when it comes from inside the walls of the town Pulsnitz, everything else is Lebkuchen; e.g. also Nürnberger Lebkuchen, which is also a protected mark and it has to be from Nuremberg area)
Coburger Schmätzchen (another sort close to Lebkuchen)
Thüringer Klöße (special dumplings)
saure Blättle (a potato based dish)

ah, there is much more, but I guess others can contribute even more
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 8:17 am

Tote Tante (Dead Auntie) is hot chocolate with rum: How's your day going? - Page 32 ,id=82f5837a,b=lecker,w=610,cg=c

Also to mention the Pharisäer: hot, sweetened coffee, rum and whipped cream.
https://thequeenbean.blog/2020/02/07/the-queens-take-on-a-pharisaeer-kaffee-german-rum-coffee/

In 19th centrury North Frisia, on the island of Nordstrand, the ascetic pastor Georg Bleyer was in charge.  While it was agreed not to drink alcohol in his presence, the Frisians were (and still are) a kinda rebellious lot.  So at baptism of farmer Peter Johanssens 6th or 7th child they had enough and hid the rum underneath a thick blob of whipped cream, serving the pastor the alcohol-free version.
When the parson sipped from the wrong cup he tasted the rum and exclaimed: "Ihr Pharisäer!" ("You Pharisees!") - hence the name...

There's even a folk song about it:

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptySat May 15, 2021 3:54 am

Thanks for all the information! You guys are awesome!
The dead auntie drink fascinates me. And I love the Pharisäer story.
I googled the pork foot thing and I am glad I am a vegetarian.
I am interested in all pancake variants because pancakes are one of the best foods no matter how they are made!

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptySun May 30, 2021 2:10 am

Busy! Got up early like 5:12a and started laundry. Walked to the grocery store and did some of the shopping, took bus home. Actually got one container filled, finally. It took me three months to do this. Threw out a few things. Watch idiot box and played my game at the same time. Emptied container with summer tops and refilled it with winter clothes. Did some dishes. Now it is 10:09 and still have two more loads of laundry to do.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 10:17 am

Laundry never sees to end🙄

Mmmmmm, Dead auntie looks good😋
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 6:53 am

Laundry is a never ending story here, as well.
I am stressed out, because my work schedule is a mess and my cat is upset for some reason. cat

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 1:42 pm

*hugs Sifra* cathat

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's your day going?
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next