Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #9

Go down 
+12
Miss Gillespie
wingthing
Lunakat
Tymber
Embala
Leanan
Redhead Ember
G0lden
TrollHammer
Kindredsoul
Multi-Facets
Stargazer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:43 am

It really doesn't require a healer or flesh-shaping to survive a lost arm. Just a fire to sear it and stop the bleeding, and the guts to do that of course.

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Ba_rec10
Read 'Beyond Mere Flight' - click here!
Skywise Wink thanks to Embala for the banner! Kahvi )
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:55 am

Multi-Facets wrote:
On a completely different topic, I only just now twigged on a detail I missed before. Ember referred to herself as Sunstream's "little sister" in this issue. Does that mean Sunstream was born first? I always thought Ember was the older twin.

Or Sunstream just really likes to nag Ember. He was the one who called Ember that, in a very show-offey moment.
Especially funny if you consider that in terms of actually lived years Ember is the oldest, by three years.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:00 pm

Leanan wrote:
It really doesn't require a healer or flesh-shaping to survive a lost arm. Just a fire to sear it and stop the bleeding...

which you probably wouldn't have time to build before you bled to death!

@Redhead-- you are right!

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Oh, wait, maybe it was about their height difference. (facepalm) Ember's shorter than Sunstream these days. So she's likely the firstborn twin, but littler in stature.

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:17 am

Lunakat wrote:
Leanan wrote:
It really doesn't require a healer or flesh-shaping to survive a lost arm. Just a fire to sear it and stop the bleeding...

which you probably wouldn't have time to build before you bled to death!

Not if you happen to be Haken. He seems to have firestarter magic:

http://elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics/index.php?s=HY/HY07&p=13

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:30 am

He draws with fire, which was kindled by his blood. Guess that's normal, since he looks like rockstar from the 80ies Shocked

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:43 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
He draws with fire, which was kindled by his blood.

Plenty of blood if an arm is torn off...

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Guess that's normal, since he looks like rockstar from the 80ies Shocked

Pike Rolling Pike Rolling Pike Rolling

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:07 pm

He would! He is such a pain in the butt!

You know what I think is more likely? Rather than being Winnowil's ancestor-- he's probably the ancestor of Savah (who also has fire magic) or one of her friends and family who crossed the burning waste. Because they were the progenitors of the Sun Village-- and since Rayek looks like Haken, he's probably descended from him.

Last edited by Lunakat on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

That would be a so much better resolution of the "what happened to Haken's genes"-question: him having normal ordinary descendants for ages instead him having an evil Winnie-daughter instantly. "Evilness" is not an hereditary trait

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 2:02 am

True that, Miss G!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 4:56 am

Lunakat wrote:
You know what I think is more likely? Rather than being Winnowil's ancestor-- he's probably the ancestor of Savah (who also has fire magic) or one of her friends and family who crossed the burning waste. Because they were the progenitors of the Sun Village-- and since Rayek looks like Haken, he's probably descended from him.

Would work in both directions, Lunakat! Wink
According to the story told by Voll in the OQ Yurek and the new bios on EQ.com and other elves spit off the group that was led by Voll.
Voll and his followers founded BM and became the Gliders. The survivors of Yurek's group crossed the deset and founded SE.

Miss Gillespie wrote:
"Evilness" is not an hereditary trait
Right.
I doubt that Haken was still alive (or living with Voll's/Yurek's people) at the time of the split. Voll told that "the young of his generation turned to him for guidance".

... hmmm ... does not actually exclude Firstcomers being around. Maybe there WERE some still ... would they "step back" and give lead to a more adjusted firstborn? Makes Voll the Timmorn of that group.

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 am

Multi-Facets wrote:
Oh, wait, maybe it was about their height difference. (facepalm) Ember's shorter than Sunstream these days. So she's likely the firstborn twin, but littler in stature.

Of course! Even if Ember is older than Sunstream, she is still littler than him.

Miss Gillespie wrote:
That would be a so much better resolution of the "what happened to Haken's genes"-question: him having normal ordinary descendants for ages instead him having an evil Winnie-daughter instantly. "Evilness" is not an hereditary trait

What if one of the things Timmain was afraid of was that she had found out that Haken's descendants are out there! We must be careful! But in reality they turn out to be the nicest people around.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 8:16 am

Shocking revelation: Timmain was evil right from the beginning! We know that some powerful elves* can send lies, and as it happens, Timmain manipulated the rest of the group and all the later-born elves, to believe that Haken was the bad guy. That's why she is afraid, he might be out there Smile (didn't Winnowill call her sister as well?). The Wolfrider's legacy is built on a lie Razz

*who all happen to be tall, btw

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:56 am

Embala wrote:
According to the story told by Voll in the OQ Yurek and the new bios on EQ.com and other elves spit off the group that was led by Voll.
Voll and his followers founded BM and became the Gliders. The survivors of Yurek's group crossed the deset and founded SE.

But how many of them are likely to be descendents of Haken? How many kids do you think he had? A bunch of offspring in Blue Mountain and a bunch running off to found Sorrow's End? Unlikely, esp given his personality.

Also- of the two groups, which contains members that bear a resemblance to him?

Miss G! wrote:
Shocking revelation: Timmain was evil right from the beginning! We know that some powerful elves* can send lies, and as it happens, Timmain manipulated the rest of the group and all the later-born elves, to believe that Haken was the bad guy. That's why she is afraid, he might be out there Smile (didn't Winnowill call her sister as well?). The Wolfrider's legacy is built on a lie

Winnowil also calls Leetah "sister".... maybe Leetah turns out to be evil as well? Super big shock to Cutter.

wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:07 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Shocking revelation: Timmain was evil right from the beginning! We know that some powerful elves* can send lies, and as it happens, Timmain manipulated the rest of the group and all the later-born elves, to believe that Haken was the bad guy. That's why she is afraid, he might be out there Smile (didn't Winnowill call her sister as well?). The Wolfrider's legacy is built on a lie Razz

Shoot, I've been convinced of that even since that Hidden Years story, esp. as presented in the Rogue's Challenge as a story/parable told by Timmain herself through the Scroll. That mess of a story is so full of plot holes and inconsistencies it can only be read as the SoC equivalent of a "classified" document that is 80% black bars and 20% margin scribbles in a questionable hand.

And if Timmain DID rewrite history, she didn't do a very good job of it, considering the Firstcomers had 2 clear opportunities to just get into the Palace and fly away, and Timmain screwed it up twice by fighting with Haken.

Timmain's a monster. Nothing shocking there. *mike drop*
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:28 am

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 200

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Santa_108 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Downlo238 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Av_cut108 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:28 am

Timmain has an agenda and it don't look good.

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Ba_for10
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 1:42 pm

I have read issue 9 today.

I feel for both Strongbow and Moonshade. Strongbow doesn't seem to understand her at all.

I have not followed Rayeks storyline so I don't understand why he has left with Winnowill, and now returns, thinking they will heal her. But I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.

I'm not sure I like Timmain in this case. I can follow the logic behind it, but somehow it seems a bit cold to me. I would stay away from her, too, if she talked to me like that. The part where Timmain says "... and those who find their way to me" instead of the palace, as Embala points out, gives me sudden flashes of an elf cult. Hare Timmain? I'm all for Timmain turning evil. Sounds a lot more interesting than her recognizing Skywise...

And I am curious what will happen to Shenshen.

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:01 pm

I'm very curious about the Timmain thing as well, and I did get the creeps when she did the whole 'ME' thing. I've never been a big fan of Timmain. I know she's supposed to be all otherworldly goddess, etc., but I find her alien behavior off-putting at times, and really disconnected.

Of course she won't be evil. Her hair isn't dark  Wink

Interested in Moonshade and Strongbow's 'separation'. I'm not sure it's permanent. I feel like....what on earth is Moonshade exactly doing IN the palace? What is she learning? I really want to see her being good at something, finding fulfillment outside of tanning. Right now it feels like she's kind of floating along.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:21 pm

We know Timmain is going to drop some kind of shocking information on Cutter-- so she must know something the rest of them don't.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Maybe this ME is meant personally in another way - elves who consider her an adversary will find HER in the Palace. * thoughts wander to Haken again*

8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:51 pm

What if we just keep detailed discussions about any given issue of Final Quest to the discussion thread featuring that issue? And if you don't want to read spoilers for that issue, don't click on the topic!

The thread called "Final Quest 9" is just going to have spoilers for Final Quest 9. And so on. Let's assume that and simplify things.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 am

^ I thought we'd already assumed that.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 8:06 am

Ok- cool. I thought you guys were debating it.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 8:09 am

Oh wait a sec- I see what happened! When I left that comment, I was using my phone. It only showed me the first few pages of this thread! I was wondering why that question got brought up again!

Silly me! Red is right. Carry on, y'all!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #9   8 - Final Quest #9 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #9
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5