Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?

Go down 
+21
September
Prayer
Miss Gillespie
Evil Evie
Outlier
Embala
Trollbabe
Leanan
Shadowpath
Sifra
anj tuesday
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
Vaeri
Zadzi
manga
Davrille
Lunakat
ErinC1978
Stormcatcher
Multi-Facets
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Vaeri - if they've swallowed the hook, it's a complete disaster and impossible to save them. Top it off with that nice barbed stinger tail that whips around when you catch them, and yeah... it's not easy! We did catch another one that same day, much smaller, and it didn't swallow the hook so boyfriend was able to release it.

When we were in Cayo Costa, this tiny island in Florida off the Gulf Coast, we went snorkeling and walked the shore and there were stingrays everywhere! They're really cool.

Anyone see the flying rays? It's incredible! They fly to attract mates. Watch this, about a minute in.... it's really amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz6zOyZpYTY

12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 2:06 am

ohhh maybe that was it...they never swallowed the hook with us. so we just always released them. i never did ask dad...but yay for being able to release one!

and yay the gulf! i miss fishing in seawater, all we have are freshwater lakes n stuff...blech. i miss the salt smell and the diverse fish...did you see any horseshoe crabs? XD i swear you cannot go to a beach in florida, and NOT see horseshoe crabs! i was scared of them when i was younger and amazed when my uncle just lifted them by the tails...:p

....i miss living on the coast. Sad boo having to move further inland. and god my geography sucks, i've never heard of Cayo Costa!*googles*...oh no wonder. it's waaaay dowwwwwnnn south of florida.
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 3:05 pm

I dreamed that Skywise and Treestump became a couple.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Treestump Skywise smile

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:34 pm

oh god now that's crack to the next level XD
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 am

Just had a sort of "dream" as I was doozing off in bed while trying to pull myself together to get up.
It involved elves - probably Gliders, at least very skinny ones - having a job that involved very heavy lifting, and my brain just went wrong people for the job!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 1:22 am

Vaeri, I was in NC and saw stingrays literally about 6 feet long by 7-8 feet wide Very Happy I thought of you and was like, OMG I had NO idea they got that big, they're jurassic! And then we had stingray last week for dinner, my first time. It was AMAZING. It was SO GOOD. I feel like we just discovered a new type of meat. It's not like chicken, not like pork, not like steak, not even really like fish. It tastes closer to shark But it was amazing. We eat what we catch and as long as it's edible, we make do. This was one thing I do not regret.

As for dreams...well, I had a dream that Cutter was laying on Leetah's bed, the bed from her sun village hut, only that bed was transported to the palace. He was in the center of it, freaking out. I think it had to do with the Timmain reveal. And Savah was nearby, calm in her green grown, going, Why so pissy my fighting cockerel ? LOL.
Ugh sometimes I have stupid dreams.

12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 7:29 am

Leanan wrote:

I dreamed about them becoming a couple a while ago Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 7:04 am

wolfmoonsky wrote:
Leanan wrote:

I dreamed about them becoming a couple a while ago Laughing

Shocked Such a weird coincidence!

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:00 am

I had a dream that I was at a party. I got to talking to a girl and somehow the conversation turned into ElfQuest. We discussed some inconsistencies between the storylines. I asked "do you know who Maleen is?" and she did know, and remarked on how Maleen's eyes are topaz in some editions and purple in others. I felt like having found a soulmate. *sigh* wish it hadn't been just a dream.

Back to top Go down
anj tuesday

anj tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:17 am

Which one of the three was Maleen again? By now I rather suck at Elfquest! I think she's the one with the dark swimsuit and ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 11:27 am

anj tuesday wrote:
Which one of the three was Maleen again? By now I rather suck at Elfquest! I think she's the one with the dark swimsuit and ponytail.

Correct! She's the swimsuit and ponytail one. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 2:42 pm

I dreamed last night that the next issue came out and half of it was the continuation of the final quest, but then the other half was an old story that Wendy had written long ago. Like the Pinis do, it was prefaced in some way with "this is a clue to where things are going." Reading the old story, it became clear to me that the final quest was going to reveal that the High Ones were cannibals, and that's why they just disappeared - they ate each other.

With heightened dream emotions, I was disgusted. Not that the cannibalism was revealed - it actually kind of made sense in-world for some reason - but that the story was cheapened so much to do something against the previous themes, seemingly just for the shock value.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Outlier wrote:
Reading the old story, it became clear to me that the final quest was going to reveal that the High Ones were cannibals, and that's why they just disappeared - they ate each other.

rofl That is a brilliant dream!

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 12:38 pm

I had one the other day.
Setting was a thick forests and Two-Spear and his group were moving through it.
Suddenly Willowgreen and Two-Spear start arguing and without much provocation, Two-Spear stabs Willowgreen who falls to the ground, seemingly dead.
Greywolf flips out and he Two-Spear end up killing each other.

The other elves kinda sorta just stand around looking their dead leaders for a minute and then Icetooth yells at them and then they walk off.

A minute or two later, Willowgreen gets up, looks at Two-Spear and Greywolf's bodies, shakes her head and walks off in another decoration.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 4:58 pm

O.O ... Willowgreen had plans!

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:08 am

I dreamed the elves were not only real, but on the internet. I was talking to one of them in chat (I think it was Nightfall), and she asked for my email address. I said I was sorry but I could not give her my main email address, because it has someone's soulname in it! (my email is fahrsoul @ something)
So I gave her my secondary email.

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:35 am

Last night I had a dream that a lady told me she was afraid of a certain celebrity. When I asked her why, she said she saw him tampering with her car in her driveway.

Of course, I thought she was mentally ill. Then I went to her home and investigated.

It turned out she was being stalked by a shape-shifter. He was indeed trespassing in her home, and examining her car. By disguising himself as a celebrity, perhaps he meant to discredit her to others.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Last week I had a dream about attending a water festival in an Elf village. The Elves were not Wavedancers. They were more like Sun Folk, in an area of woods and fields. They held their festival in a big pool they created.

One mddle-aged Elf looked similar to Leetah, with brown hair and Anglo skin and features. She had gone blind, but had been healed recently. She planned to surprise her loved ones with her healing at the festival. This made the occasion all the happier.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Such a lovely joyful dream. *hugs*

Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 3:18 pm

I had a dream that I was reading a post here of a comic that someone was working on. In their story, somehow Savah had subjugated the rest of the elves and they were living in some kind of barracks where they slept on the floor or in bunk-beds.

The first two stories were these descriptions of Redlance's sexual relationships, one with Skywise and one with Cutter, accompanied by panels from the comic book the writer was working on. I thought that the artwork in the panels was really amazing. The only thing I remember of the dream of the relationship descriptions was that one of them, either Cutter or Skywise, would come in to go to bed with Redlance and snuggle up with him and hold his penis, then reach out and also grab the penis of their nearest neighbor. And all of the elves around would do the same thing. I guess the barracks were not co-ed.

The third story was first-person Kahvi talking about a couple of booty-calls she'd had with Pike. She talked like she didn't care much for Pike, but in her descriptions of their encounters and the dialog it was clear she really was very fond of Pike. The last paragraph was her talking about how she really rather would have been with Cutter. I don't remember all the reasons she gave for liking Cutter better, but the last one was that he was "always clean." And in my dream, it was true. No matter what scrapes the Wolfriders go into, the rest of the elves would be torn-up or covered with mud, except Cutter, would be shown as almost being shiny or glowing.

I must have woken up in the middle of the last story. It was about one of the Go-Backs serving Savah (Trof? Is that an actual Go-Back?) and the only thing I remember about the story is it mentioned him being in the traditional robes of his people. The story described them as being sand-colored, but in the illustrations it was a bright yellow-orange. In crayola colors it would be goldenrod.

Then the last thing was a little illustration of Leetah in the margins with a note, "Savah would really love her!"

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 6:29 pm

As a kid, I never heard of goldenrod, so I thought of that color as macaroni-and-cheese yellow!

I wonder how many good stories start with a dream? Kahvi and Pike would be a good couple.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 7:28 pm

@Outlier Trof is the Go-Back kid with the magical levitation talent (from the KAHVI series),

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 4:31 am

I dreamed that Rayek recognized Nightfall. They were hiding it from practically everyone else. And even after the call of recognition had been answered, they sneaked out to roll in the furs together. And for some weird reason Rayek was wearing Skywise's headpiece.

Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 10:56 pm

I had a fever Saturday night and fell asleep thinking that my chair was so hot, I could see how Cutter would think he was in the desert during his fever. I guess that lead to dreams about Elfquest, because I woke up in one of those "Yes! Of course!" moments where the whole final quest was revealed. But, like most of those dreams, the certainty began fading right away.

What I remember is that something happened that the palace had to leave quickly, but part of the palace was helping to rescue the fungus elves from the fire, so the palace had to split. Whoever was in the main palace had to go, and whoever was helping the fungus elves got left behind with part of the palace. In my dream Leetah, Redlance and Skywise (poetic justice, of course) got left behind, and I woke up wondering whether Nightfall went in the palace or not.

When I woke up, I forgot most of the dream, but some of it still seems like it would make sense. What if in the confusion of the fire Winnowill breaks free and begins to contaminate the palace with her bad juju. Rayek, Redlance and Ekuar all work together to separate the contaminated part from the rest of the palace, somehow using it to protect the fungus elves, maybe entrapping them in the piece, and shooting the pure New Agey palace off the planet.

EDIT: Writing this made me remember more about the dream. In my dream, when the two parts of the palace separated, it was like pulling a sling shot, and the two parts got flung away in different directions. In the process, something happens to Timmain (more poetic justice), leaving both pieces far from home without an experienced navigator. Leetah and Cutter are on different parts, and because the realm of influence of the palace is so large, at first they are able to contact each other. That's how Cutter knows he has a daughter. But as they continue drifting apart they lose contact. That's why Cutter returns looking for his daughter.

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   12 - Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next