Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:34 am

Since Future Quest generally doesn't seem to be received too well, will you folks continue to read it just to wrap up the story line of Elfquest or will you drop it?

Thanks to the depreciation of the Euro, the comics became quite expensive for European fans. Luckily I have a well paying job, but I imagine that other fans don't want to pay 4€ for disappointing 30 pages of comics.

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 2:49 am

I'm sticking with it. I'm asking what Phil Collins asked in his video for "Billy Don't Lose My Number": "So how does it end?"

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 3:46 am

I told myself to drop it because it brings me nothing but frustration, but I'm still curious about what happens next. Also, I wonder what the sales figures are like and if the publisher makes any money out of it. Because as much as I dislike FQ, I still want it to run its course, for the sake of closure.
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 3:52 am

It's pretty much for the sake of closure for me too. I've been following it - on and off - for more than 30 years. I'm kind of invested in seeing it through at this point, even if I'm finding it sorely lacking in the old magic.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 5:46 am

I stopped buying it when the massive national chain of comic stores stopped stocking it because no one else was buying it. I'm not doing mail order and spending an extra £15 on a £2.50 issue of meh. Sadly, I just don't care enough

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 6:21 am

Nibblet wrote:
I stopped buying it when the massive national chain of comic stores stopped stocking it because no one else was buying it. I'm not doing mail order and spending an extra £15 on a £2.50 issue of meh. Sadly, I just don't care enough

Yeah, I stopped buying the hard copies as well, because it's just not worth the international postage. All I'm getting now is the digital one.
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 1:15 am

Still buying floppy copies (my comic shop sells at US$ 1 = € 1, which is quite good), but the enthusiasm is gone. Not buying any books or other stuff anymore. Reading for the sake of closure is not what I had expected. Owlish

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 1:30 am

It's free on the internet like few days after release anyway

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:28 am

I'll continue to read it.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:34 am

I'm very lucky to have two shops in the vicinity that sell the books at a 1 dollar is 1 euro price. I'm increasingly embarrassed to pick this book out of the bin and put it on the check out desk...The comic shop guys must think I'm an idiot! Also, there's a Dutch translation on the market! Now there's a brave publisher... I can't imagine there is much demand, as it is pretty much impossible to get into for new readers, and old fans can obtain the English version fairly easily. And also, these translated books are several issues behind. Oh, and they cost €8,95 a piece, but I think they put two issues in one book.
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:37 pm

On Facebook today. From next issue? All copies from photoshop. Brill is pinhead. Moonshade is mannequin only ever in this posing. Like Nibblet say Suntop is figure skate 1984 Winter Olympics.

[url=1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Image12
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:51 pm

looks like they are about to have a dance off with the trolls. Perfectly choreographed

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Paranthropus wrote:
Moonshade is mannequin only ever in this posing.

You didn't get the memo?

Copy/Pasting is the new art Rolling Eyes

Seems like the same was done with Brill for Reef, just the color of the skin was changed

*shuts up now*

Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:21 pm

Why do all the Wavedancers walk on tiptoe?
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Stargazer wrote:
Why do all the Wavedancers walk on tiptoe?

Thank the gods I'm not the only one who noticed that...

I guess to make them seem extra-delicate?

1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:40 pm

Because they're used to using their feet as flippers?
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:42 pm

manga wrote:
Because they're used to using their feet as flippers?

...thank you for the earworm...

1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Goddamn, the Wavedancers really are ugly.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:55 pm

I *will* admit I adore them I love you  

Well... the way they *were* drawn, cuz I'll be the first to say when I read where Reef was "changed back" to his original form... I was like HAWT DAMN!! And flailed like a fish out of water O_____o

Don't be hatin'!!!!! *dodges Davrille just to be safe* Razz

Just seems in FQ they're lacking something... luster? purpose?

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Maybe they just aren't used to walking on land? Yeah-- Moonshade is very obviously cut and pasted from a previous issue. I recognize the pose- and she's colored differently than the rest of them. So is Reef. I think I remember that pose as well-- though he is less obvious because he at least matches the style and line weight of everyone else in the panel.

I do like seeing all these characters walking together. Moonshade is the only distraction for me.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Even I can see that Moonshade is "off" in a way ... and she will collide with Korafay in an instant.

I have the feeling that this is just a teaser pic ... thrown together for this purpose only.

Wavedancers are not ugly ... not in my eyes. And I know toomore ... no three more Reef fans. ^^ (Christina not included)

Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:

Just seems in FQ they're lacking something... luster? purpose?

Continuity, maybe?

Sometimes, they look okay. I don't like them, but I'm not that big on mermaids and mermaid-creatures to begin with. (And I agree-- Reef looked *very* hot when he was restored Very Happy) Why is Korafay so visibly scaley in that picture when she was in issue #8 or 9 (the on with the sailor who threw her a flower)?
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Anyone know where I can find the original Wavedancers stuff? Didn't the Pinis have some kind of falling out with the Australian artists or something? I can't find anywhere to read that old stuff and I was out of the loop when it was going on.

One thing I always wondered about was how all the food stayed on the table fusing that dinner scene in Discovery, when Sunstream and Brill were first starting to have their astral dates. I don't know why I can't suspend reality with that.

1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 12:08 am

You can try the EQ Online comics on their home site?

Nothing ever loads on my end, but that just may be my end of things. It may work for you Wink

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 1:10 am

I will try.... Thanks, Kindred.

1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next