Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #17

Go down 
+26
Kindredsoul
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Elwing
Lunakat
Zadzi
Outlier
Shadowpath
Embala
Stargazer
sun girl
manga
Sifra
Davrille
Wisp
Bluetree
Miss Gillespie
kathleen3.0
Vaeri
jaRf
Redhead Ember
Prism
Twillor
namuhna
Miscellaneous
howler monkey
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 11:09 am

Hi!

The FAQ on elfquest.com say that there will be 24 issues.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Exactly, LurkingCat! Four chapters with 6 issues each. Or - is it four books with 6 chapters? Anyway, we are right in the middle of the third part now.

16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Whoa, it's getting close to ending then!

16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:35 pm

For the third part, yes. And another year for part four ...

16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 pm

We have all the time in the world.

But does Wendy...?

16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Banner      
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:35 am

Another classic Elfmom tease from the EQ Facebook group:

Quote :
That scene you've been hoping for? I think chances may be real good it's in Final Quest issue #17

What scene are we hoping for?!

A long time I hoped for recognition between Timmain and Skywise, but since FQ I find her behavior kinda creepy and sinister. And the whole Tim-Tam-Thing is also very disturbing for me...
Or did Timmain/Skywise already fulfill recognition in their joining? It's a little unclear for me because she tells Cutter "Our soul's brother Fahr also recognized Tam. But only in joining skins with Timmain MAY his unspoken yearning for a child of recognition BE answered!" So it didn't happen yet? scratch

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 am

Honestly, I think we have seen Timmain and Skywise's Recognition. A very long time ago.
In 'Troll Games and Soul Names'. It took them twentythouasand years to get to the shagging part.
At least that's what I think, if we're going along with the idea Cutter isn't his own person but just a part of Timmain.

16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 6:35 am

I'm afraid, that your right, Shadowpath. I thought about this, too. That's what disturbed me about the Tim-Tam-Thing: Cutter isn't his own person anymore, his relationship with Skywise is just proxy for Timmain No
I think what I rather meant was the fulfillment/consummation of recognition. But I think in a way we have seen this also by their joining... it's just so unclear if Timmain is now with child... Can recognition be answered without procreation? Anything goes now in FQ I think... (Maybe it's Teir and Embers Recognition-Fulfillment?)

I'm also waiting for the scene where Tim-Tam break the news to Leetah and Skywise...

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:31 am

Yeah I'm a bit iffy on Timmain being pregnant or not.
If Cutter and Skywise's 'Recognition' was a proxy Recognition (and I believe it was) then she should be pregnant after them rolling around on the ground.

But she sounded weirdly 'it will happen if everybody agrees to it'? I'm not sure if I read that wrong, tho?

I don't think think so? The whole Soulbrother/Sister thing really got tossed out the window with the 'Cutter is part of Timmain'-reveal.

Timmain's general attitude has me worried when comes to revealing anything to Leetah.
'Why is my mate running off, sounding like he's lost his mind after talking to you?'
'It's between us.'

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:56 am

Yeah- and then everyone's just like "... Okay!" It seems a little out of character overall.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 9:08 am

I'm not the only one was really bothered by that?? Hurrah!
Like I get they respect her and all that, but he literally lost is damn mind as an result of talking to her.

If my group's High Ones were fucking around like that, the other Timeless would corner them and demand answers.

Back to top Go down
Twillor

Twillor

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 10:39 am

Lunakat wrote:
Yeah- and then everyone's just like "... Okay!" It seems a little out of character overall.
Exactly, that's what I've been saying for ages. With this kind of group passive compliance, the wolfriders would've stayed at Blue Mountain, and lived with the "high ones" there.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Like I've said before, Leetah's lack of knowing about the Timmain thing, or at least confronting her in that manicured claw protective way of hers, is highly out of character.
I do think Timmain is probably preggers, we just haven't seen it yet since she *just* rolled around with Skywise.
That Cutter has reacted the way he has is really unsurprising - after having been told that he's not his own self / persona is terrifying. It's also sort of like character assassination as well. I daresay it's like taking the lazy way around explaining why Timmain doesn't have much of a personality (besides being a PTSD high one) - she's got a personality... it's Cutter's! lol *shakes head*

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Well-- I do think Timmain has had a personality. Her personality has been to be alien, distant and aloof. That's what makes this so odd as a development. Because it's very much the opposite of Cutter.

Cutter's always been this earthy, friendly, straightforward guy-- who tries  to do his best, and is sometimes a little short sighted about it. Would Timmaiin, for example, make the mistake of attacking the Sun Folk rather than talking to them? Even Skywise didn't have the instinct to do that-- that was Cutter. Would Timmain make the mistakes Cutter did with Lord Voll? It doesn't seem likely. And if Winnowil battled Timmain and looked into her soul (as she did with Cutter)-- would she see a long line of Chiefs dating back to Timnorn Yellow Eyes-- and the core of her being this mix of elf and wolf? Well, it doesn't seem likely because Timmain is a full elf and has been a cone head longer than she's been anything else. Would Timmain feel uncomfortable in the palace (as Cutter and Strongbow both do)? Would she be afraid of heights and freak out in space? Would she fail to understand Sunstream and what he does?

It just doesn't seem like anything Cutter has done or would do is consistent with Timmain. That's all.  Like-- I could see Timmain being maybe Skywise. He's weird enough and innately different enough from everybody else. But Cutter is so quintessentially down to earth-- it's weird.

As for how everyone reacts to Cutter freaking out... I guess I wouldn't expect anyone, Leetah included, to confront Timmain about it-- because how would they know she's responsible?  They wouldnt. Unless he specifically said he was going to talk to her. All that happened out of sight of anyone else. What's strange to me is that they just let him run off and didn't follow. Like, Leetah was all-- let him go... And then everyone was like "And let's give him a few days head start."

If they had followed him right away, they wouldn't need the provisions they packed. They would have just gotten on their wolves and followed him and found him and maybe tackled him. You know-- like they all immediately did with Skywise when he went nuts. I mean-- maybe Leetah intuited that he needed his space, but what's the point of letting him be gone so long that it takes a week to catch up?

And then when Timmain came out all fainting and stuff-- a.) nobody offered to heal her or otherwise take care of her physically, and b.) no one asked her any  effective questions. Wouldn't you expect at least Skywise to be like "oh my god! Are you okay?" And "what's wrong my love? Can I get you some chicken soup?" Ask Leetah to do something to help? Or perhaps feel torn about leaving her.

Yeah-- when did everyone get so passive ?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:18 pm

If they had gone the route of having the elves confront Timmain-- a good out for that would have been to have Skywise jump in between and defend her. That would have made sense. It could have allowed for a delay in following Cutter. It could have kept everyone in character while adding some tension to the group that went after him. and it would have further emphasized the bond between Skywise and Timmain. I think that mighty have been a decent solution.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Lunakat wrote:
If they had gone the route of having the elves confront Timmain-- a good out for that would have been to have Skywise jump in between and defend her. 
I like that idea.

Quote :
because how would they know she's responsible? They wouldnt.

Surely someone saw he went into the Palace when he left the Gathering?

Quote :
Wouldn't you expect at least Skywise to be like "oh my god! Are you okay?"
Not really. I've never seen Skywise as the really loving kind of person. And I'll be honest, I thought he's either in on it or a bit brainwashed by Timmain.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Twillor wrote:
Lunakat wrote:
Exactly, that's what I've been saying for ages. With this kind of group passive compliance, the wolfriders would've stayed at Blue Mountain, and lived with the "high ones" there.
XD I keep thinking they'd constantly be going 'We should do something! Should we do something?'

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Well, Lunakat makes a good point about the general passivity of everyone. I still stand by the whole thing of Leetah questioning Timmain if only because Leetah is usually very protective of loved ones and family, and always has been. She would've put two and two together and maybe asked around, but then, again everyone *is* passively out of character right now and that's what bothers me.

I'm on the fence about the Skywise thing in terms of him freaking out about Timmain fainting. On the one hand, he's not 'loving' in a conventional way, and him putting Timmain on a pedestal (as always) would've made him go, Well she's a goddess, of course she's ok. But then after they just hooked up and she changed shape to be more 'his level'? I would think he'd be way more solicitous at the very least.
It's interesting to imagine how he could've potentially been hyper defensive about people asking Timmain what happened to Cutter. I mean, no one is saying they'd be blaming her, but that they did not even ask or go into the palace randomly to see what was going on is like Suspect ...it's just odd.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Maybe the wolfriders are just conditioned to not ask her questions?

I never got the whole 'Timmain had to lose height in order get plowed by Skywise.'
He managed to plow Aroree out of her despair in Siege. (And arguably made her worse in some way?)

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Also, Aurek being there and having witnessed the whole thing makes it so weird because it's like, Oh, no one was there watching, only Aurek who just broke his trance to discuss with Timmain that possibly her shared soul reveal may've 'destroyed Cutter', but yet Aurek is now also probably back to his trance state or whatever, so never mind. It's pretty critical info and it is feeling very hushed up, and feels almost sinister in its cover up. Oh never mind, let's just look at Moonshade's longer legs and longer pretty hair instead the next time we show the palace...
It's that kind of stuff which drives me nuts because the pacing is just so weird, either being very fast, or very 'glossy' instead.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Oh I think Skywise is a very loving person. He's not super romantic about it-- but he is caring about people. Look at his relationship with Cutter. Cutter stubs his toe and Skywise is all over it. And look at what he did (or tried to do) for Arorree. And he claims to be in love with Timmain. It just seems like he should care more.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:26 pm

I think Aurek is back to being a furniture piece at this point

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

I think Skywise looked up to Timmain literally as well as figuratively (being a goddess and all, in his eyes)... Sad Eyes was tall but also brainwashed for a stint, and not a high one. Timmain shape changing herself was like a gift to Skywise to let him see her on his level, because also look at how her features changed also (as well as her personality, somewhat) . I think it was also supposed to be a take on Skywise's old dream from Dream Time. It's what the height represents.

And yes, probably the Wolfriders have been conditioned to not ask questions to a high one. But I don't know. *Nobody* questions Timmain, or has ever spoken on equal terms with Timmain, ever - even Savah is just more a supporting role, and then we actually saw Aurek conversing with her and even telling her that her decision wasn't all that wonderful. Timmain is just very out of touch, and it shows. That the wolfriders aren't asking any questions at all though, is weird. It's not like they'd be accusatory, but they'd ask out of concern because she was in the palace with Cutter when he freaked out, and then she comes out fainting...

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Zadzi wrote:
...and then she comes out fainting...

*coughcough*shefakedit*coughcough*

16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Santa_1016 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Downlo2316 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Av_cut1016 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:
Zadzi wrote:
...and then she comes out fainting...

*coughcough*shefakedit*coughcough*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #17   16 - Final Quest #17 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #17