Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 7:50 am

Very interesting indeed!

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:06 pm

*snickers* yup, that sounds like Haken alright!

so who IS Jethel's parents? Carrun belongs to Eyrie and Fennec, Maize belongs to Cholla and Klipspringer... is Jethel Pool's son?
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:10 pm

No, Melati is Pool's daughter. I doubt Jethel would be his son.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Jethel's dad is Arshel - you meet him briefly in Revelation - he's the potter who tells Bluestar "Oh, you'll have to hang out with my boy - he needs friends his own age."
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:35 pm

hey multiple recognitions are possible.

ahhh. well now i'm sure coppersky can personally complain about that "whiny jethel kid" :p
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:48 pm

hey i was reading through Culture Shock and i thought of something....if Swift HAD given Venka a Wolfrider name, what would it have been? just curious!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 11:48 pm

A Wolfrider name for Venka? There was... a brief moment when Sun Girl and I considered it, but we just couldn't even start thinking up a name that would do her justice.

Part Two of Behind the Walls is up, and Mel and Beast are back! http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/walls2.html
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 11:51 pm

fair enough then! i had to ask though...how often do you get to prod the creator with questions and hypotheticals about their creation?^^

and yay part two! that was fast....what's the betting Bluestar's curiosity leads to him finding Beast?

EDIT: oohhhhh crap......it's much worse than i thought. much much worse.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:01 am

Twisted Evil awww yeah Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:30 am

I'm not quite sure why this is a bad thing. If there is a second Palace then that's more safe space for elves, isn't it?

Though we can be pretty sure Haken would never let the trolls seek shelter - he'd probably see it as a bonus, getting rid of the betrayers and keeping only those he likes... gee, that sounds kind of familiar...
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 12:25 pm

it's a bad thing because that means if the other palace is destroyed, Haken will use his to save only the Oasis elves, and obviously he would never consider using his palace for anyone BUT an Oasis elf. not to mention he's keeping it a complete secret from almost every other elf.

and if he felt so inclined, he could use his palace to destroy the humans and escape from consequences of messing with the timeline. so it's a VERY bad thing he made his own.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Ah, thank you, Vaeri. I guess I'm not good at thinking villanously.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:48 pm

want some of mine? i probably have too much evil brain. XD

...i thought of a possible wolfrider name for Venka! Nightmane! :p...i thought it was nice anyway. it's my own private little obsession now....XD
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Vaeri wrote:
it's a bad thing because that means if the other palace is destroyed, Haken will use his to save only the Oasis elves, and obviously he would never consider using his palace for anyone BUT an Oasis elf. not to mention he's keeping it a complete secret from almost every other elf.

and if he felt so inclined, he could use his palace to destroy the humans and escape from consequences of messing with the timeline. so it's a VERY bad thing he made his own.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Darth Vader

Actually... I think Haken probably has a coffee mug that says that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:18 pm

snerk. gotta see a picture of that now. XD

but i didn't see anything saying i was wrong! if anything, i think i'm quite right, considering the fact you're quoting one of the worlds most infamous villians.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Oh, that quote is even more ominous when taking in proper context...14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 1f6352964dded80258447628f81db5e9b16d195b8b6f44c8a9e7df6a62914b52

Oh puckernuts... now Haken's gonna be asking me to let him Force-choke someone...
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:19 am

Oh Hanken the great manipulator. At the end of "Behind the walls II" I get the funny feeling that Hanken knows everything that his Dear Daughter is doing. I bet he even knows about Beast. Hanken is just letting Mel think she can keep secrets from him.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:40 pm

i thought about the context you were talking about...and to me the context is "if you don't believe in me and just listen to me, i will dispose of you because it disturbs me that you may develope a mind and will of your own seperate to my goals"
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:07 am

Vaeri wrote:
i thought about the context you were talking about...and to me the context is "if you don't believe in me and just listen to me, i will dispose of you because it disturbs me that you may develope a mind and will of your own seperate to my goals"

Yeah, pretty much. I mean,  Haken might feel bad about disposing of you now... he has evolved a little bit. But a leader's gotta make the tough choices....

scratch

Wait, no, eliminating opposition is never a hard choice for Haken, never mind.

The funny thing is, Chill Ghost-Winnowill, if she found out about his plans, would probably say "Dad... just light some wackroot and relax, will you?"
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:44 am

bwahahahaha! yeah all the elves who are high strung enjoy a lil wackroot...*giggle* Grayling probably would have been pestering Strongbow to light some up once every few days. :p
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:06 am

Working away on the next fic in Prelude to Final Quest. Hope to have it ready by next weekend, but in the meantime, have a teaser:

Bound and blindfolded, Bluestar could only lean against Foxglove’s arms as her wolf bore them both into the unknown. The ride seemed to go on forever, but at last the wolf slowed to a trot, then a walk, then he felt himself being lifted up and thrown over a broad shoulder – possibly Burl’s – and jostled up and down up a series of steps. He could hear muffled, unfamiliar voices all around him. Some laughing, some singing and whooping. Had he arrived in the middle of a feast? He considered sending for help, but he didn’t want to antagonize his captors anymore. His parents had taught him his wolf-manners well. When caught, submit. Retaliate later.

And he planned on retaliating, as soon he could find some itchleaf. Or prickers. Or if all else failed, a disapproving elder.

They carried him into a tree-den – he recognized the sudden change in the sounds, the particular insulating quality of a proper walls. Burl’s voice boomed “Waykeeper!” He sounded only slightly sobered.

Footsteps and the rustles of leathers. “Too loud!” a voice hollered back, followed by huffs and grunts. “Well? What?” Then a sharp hiss of breath. “Is–”

Burl set him down on the floor of the den. “Fresh prey!” Foxglove cried dramatically. “Waykeeper, we present… your nephew!”

The hood came off Bluestar’s face and he blinked up at his sire’s youngest brother.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:13 am

well! this certainly is interesting...ahh i think i get it! Bluestar is in the Evertree Holt! and it's Littlefire.^^ or Kitfire rather :p

i wonder what Bluestar will think of his....odd uncle? XD
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:43 am

What secrets might he find at the Evertree, I wonder. Looking forward to more!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 12:42 am

It ain't your father's tree anymore! (sorry, couldn't resist Wink )
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:38 am

And Bluestar has landed at the Evertree (quite literally)

Airships and Death Dances and a lot of philosophical debate abound in "Stag Nation"
http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/stagnation.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next