Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2015 9:16 pm

WOW. To say they have regressed a little is putting it mildly. I do like the end. No debate just do it.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Looks like trolls aren't the only ones who can degenerate.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 4:58 pm

ohhh now i gotta read this!...dunno why i didn't get a notice this had been posted in, wtf forum? must read now!

EDIT: ouch...*cringes* yeah the Evertree...but i like the possibilities presented in the ending. i rather hope it'll come true. and i hope to see more of what's become of Blue Mountain....i'm assuming Brightmetal and Shenshen's son is a little freetouch? only way i can picture there being so many troll/elf bloods.

i'm going to have to read this a couple more times to really get the different things rooted in my head.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Vaeri wrote:
I'm assuming Brightmetal and Shenshen's son is a little freetouch? only way i can picture there being so many troll/elf bloods.

Oh yeah, Smokewater was quite the Playboy Prince in his day. And even with difficulty in troll/elf interbreeding, those troll girls are very fertile. After some 9000 years I think he needs a cheat sheet to keep track of all his children - to say nothing of all their descendants! Good thing everyone in Blue Mountain is obsessed with genealogy. It keeps the "Wait, didn't I have a thing with your grandmother 3000 years back?" awkwardness to a minimum.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 10:00 pm

XD so that explains the troll back in the Great Holt who questioned if the prince had gone breeding again...i half thought he was talking about Brightmetal!

i am scared but curious to know just exactly how MANY children he actually has....
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 12:25 pm

wingthing wrote:
Vaeri wrote:
I'm assuming Brightmetal and Shenshen's son is a little freetouch? only way i can picture there being so many troll/elf bloods.

Oh yeah, Smokewater was quite the Playboy Prince in his day. And even with difficulty in troll/elf interbreeding, those troll girls are very fertile. After some 9000 years I think he needs a cheat sheet to keep track of all his children - to say nothing of all their descendants! Good thing everyone in Blue Mountain is obsessed with genealogy. It keeps the "Wait, didn't I have a thing with your grandmother 3000 years back?" awkwardness to a minimum.

Oh I bet that Shenshen is in 7th heaven after having to help with the births of her over extended family Shocked

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 3:50 pm

Oh, is she ever! I bet even though Blue Mountain's population is in the thousands now - including all the pureblooded troll in-laws - she still does her best to make it to every single birth. No wonder the Blue Mountain trolls are all peacocks - how many other troll kingdoms get to boast their entire population was delivered by the Crown Princess?

As to how many kids Smokewater actually has... I'm thinking around twenty-two (oh, now *there's* a family tree to sketch out the next time I'm stuck in an airport!) Picknose would probably call him a lightweight in the patriarch department, but all his elf-blooded kin think it's a more than a tad obscene, even spread out over 9000 years!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 4:11 pm

XD oh yeah, they would be considered a royal family, or line of chiefs in their own right so to speak...whoot, Crown Princess Shenshen!....damnit now i gotta DRAW that, damnit Wingthing!!! XD you got Swift, now you're gonna get Shenshen!...sheesh....XD

and woooah...yup i...i can't even imagine how Shen must feel about being a grandmother that many times over. and i'm having trouble imagining any of them sharing a mother, if ya know what i mean.

....i will play devils advocate and say YEEEEES. sketch the blue mountain royal family!! dooo eeeeeeet. :p
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:46 am

Vaeri wrote:
XD oh yeah, they would be considered a royal family, or line of chiefs in their own right so to speak...whoot, Crown Princess Shenshen!....damnit now i gotta DRAW that, damnit Wingthing!!! XD you got Swift, now you're gonna get Shenshen!...sheesh....XD

and woooah...yup i...i can't even imagine how Shen must feel about being a grandmother that many times over. and i'm having trouble imagining any of them sharing a mother, if ya know what i mean.

....i will play devils advocate and say YEEEEES. sketch the blue mountain royal family!! dooo eeeeeeet. :p

I don't think that Wingthing has enough paper or memory on her laptop to plot out the Blue Mountain Royal line. Laughing

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:41 pm

weeeeelll...okay not the WHOLE line but...ya know starting with aroree and two-edge, brightmetal and shenshen, their kids, and the grandkids.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 am

Right... as promised - a VERY rough family tree, basically just establishing numbers. I'll working into a proper Alternaverse feature in time.

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/media/bluemountaintree.png

Yeah, every one of Smokewater's consorts are trolls. You may be wondering why they all have elfy/Glidery names. Basically Aroree was in charge of giving all the misfit trolls proper names after they graduated from Brightmetal's Pit of Re-education. I think Brightmetal got a few "trolly" names in there, but Aroree favors the elf names, and once the next generation was born, it was very trendy to name troll-babies (especially girls) after the Queen's Glider cousins.

Any longtime Alternaverse readers do a double-take over the latest Final Quest when Cutter suggested Two-Edge become chief of the misfit trolls? You're behind the times, wolf-boy - Two-Edge has been king of the misfits since 2006! Razz
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 1:52 am

XDD whoo hoooo! i wasn't really expecting a family tree but i was hoping! thank you Wingthing!!!<3

...i had to do a double take when i saw Windstone with Varek.....cousins!!! XD AGAIN with the cousins! jeez, those elf genetics. XD they just don' care.

and jeez five lifemates?! this guy uh....yeah. XD at least he's had the most kids with his current one! aaand...got divorced and had to keep his ex happy. XD

and i LOVE the Blood of Smiths line!! it feels like Shenshen had one of her "use your damn common sense" moments, and suggested using the wolfrider's Blood of Chiefs shtick.
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 7:57 pm

I see what you did there, wingthing…! Pike Rolling
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Oh, hey, hi, Sun Girl! I've loved your art for years!

I don't see what you see here, though. Care to illuminate? Smile
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:37 pm

omg it's sun girl... *starry eyes* i feel star struck! <3 this is so coooool!!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:58 pm

The names and general marital fates of his first four consorts are callbacks to the first four wives of Henry VIII: Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour and Anne of Cleves. (I'm a serious Tudor nerd as Sun Girl well knows! Very Happy )

Although Smokewater's a lot nicer than King Hal. He actually worked out relatively amicable divorces, and in the one where he couldn't, he chose political exile over beheading.

(also, you know, had way more kids. Henry VIII would die of jealousy if he saw Smokewater's stats.)
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:40 pm

jeez, all the new elves running around makes it hard for me to keep up! even with the simplified blood of smiths tree there's still so many new characters!
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:09 pm

The names sparked a "I know those names from somewhere" thought in my head.

Rick Wakeman did the album "The Six Wives Of Henry VIII" I wonder if we could talk him into doing the Album "The Many Wives of Smokewater" Smile

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Who is Prince Skylark?
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Skylark is one of Door and Spar's kids, so i guess that makes him an Oasis prince?
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Skylark got his title by lifemating with Gem - I'm sure she pointedly calls him "prince consort" whenever she's annoyed with him. Yeah, I think Skylark has tried to petition Haken to bring in royal titles in Oasis but can't just seem to make any headway there. Ah well, the children of Door all know they're royalty - that's what really matters.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 pm

I just wasn't sure if he was elf or troll. I have a hard time keeping the genealogies straight. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Skylark is the twin brother of Wren, the twin sons of Spar and Door. and yes i pulled that from memory. :p i have this universe memorized down PAT!

i love that image of Gem calling him Prince Consort....XD i imagine her standing a bit like her mother, a saucy hip tilt with one hand on her hip or arms crossed. oh please oh please oh please can we get pictures of Gem and Smokewater soon?...ish? eventually? some day? XD
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:55 pm

whoo hooo! i said i would draw Crown Princess Shenshen, and i DID! since Wingthing seems to be using the tudor era for the main influence for Blue Mountain, how could i not do the same?^^ since we haven't read about Shenshen yet, i did my own imagining. i'd like to think after soooo many years, her hair has gotten a little longer! and she is still decked out in gold! gold velvet, gold coins(still), and gold silk making the sun symbols on her trim.^^ i can only hope Wingthing and Sungirl like it! granted it's nothing like what Sungirl can draw...but i had fun anyway!!

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 Crown_princess_shenshen_by_crystalsetsuna-d8wfzg7
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 am

I think it's lovely, Vaeri!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next