Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples 12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 There_10 The child is the link!

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2015_b10

Early drawings of Bearclaw and Joyleaf ... very much themselves!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 8:44 am

Sweet! Dewshine

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 8:59 am

Love it. Bearclaw and Joyleaf.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 10:56 am

Aw, Windkin and Aroree! It good to see them both happy. I really like the wrapping in the background, it serves as nice break from the dark-ish baubles. Very eye catching too!

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Aww!! love the old drawings of Bearclaw and Joyleaf.

I really love the Aroree and Windkin one! Glad that they are a couple! love the warm colors, gold/brown. Really lovely couple to see.

Love the nightfall bauble!
Back to top Go down
Twopaw

Twopaw

Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:22 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Twopaw wrote:
I hope this doesn't seem like an odd question, but is there any Advent entry for the 27th of December? I know it usually goes up to the 25th and Christmas, I mean, but the 27th is kind of special to me. Is whelpday!
Taking the liberty to answer here.
Sure thing there'll be one for Dec. 27. These things go past NYE.

Redhead Ember, good evening!

Woohoo! 2Paw pup is happy, thus! ^_^ Thanks kindly for saying so, Ember; having a birthday stuck right next to Christmas often means that chummers local and otherwise are in the middle of their own celebrations on the day, but it's always good to know friends are enjoying themselves either way!

-2Paw.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 am

Love the Ohler-Newstar one.

Even if "You are my only starhome, Newstar." probably takes the cake as the cheesiest pick-up line.

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 am

Nice to see Ohler and Newstar. Plus nightfall and Redlance. For the other couple, names elude me at this time and I am too tired to look them up, but great pics.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 pm

I love the pink baubles of Ohler and Newstar! I love that effect with the hand that is in Newstars bauble, like he's stroking her face while being in his own bauble. Gotta say, I really like this couple! I agree with Redhead about the cheesy line! Very Happy

I love the wolf bauble for the Advent Calendar 2008! Love the wolf picture you used.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 10:22 pm

My dear vistors and friends sunny I'm so happy you all are here to share Advent time and pre-Christmas fun with me and one another. It's great to see the baubleheads and Christmas caps Ember gather again as it had been a tradition on the Original Scroll.

It has begun, Shadowpath ... and there's good chance I'll keep up with the calendar days. ^^ I'm happy to have you back *huggles*
Knight Cutter is from elf-olution - bonus pages and art in Elfquest #1 from WaRP gaphics - together with many other early artwork I've used for the Nostalgia collection. Part of it was reposted in the gatherums as far as I remember.
I'm glad you like how Windkin and Aroree turned out. It's an unusual color scheme but I wanted to stay with the mood of the FQ as often as possible. Looking at the wrappings again gave me the impression that it symolizes the Gliders floating free during their dance.

Dear Wolfie, I love to see you post again and your loving comments. Hug I hope you'll find some peace and joy with your tribe. It's a pleasure to present you with a new baublehead every year. A nice challenge to find new solutions for the same character and your joy rewards me. I love you
You give so much love to the characters and my bauble art it warms my heart and drives me on to offer more. Talking of sequels ... it's coincidental that both calendars started similar, a nice touch in backview. I love your imagination of Nightfall and Redlance walking together. Thanks for pointing out Ohler's hand in Newstar's bauble - exactly the association I was aiming for. And the old wolf is Nightrunner in his prime.
The big opening collage is special - a sequel to last year. Look back at the first page and the 2014 opening collage ... SEE?! Finding Joyleaf and Bearclaw was a pleasant surprise - and a must do for the Nostalgia collection.

So happy your baublehead is received so well, Startear! *happy dance* I apologize to Toadstool ... her color seemed so fitting for Wolfrider Trinket.
Yes, the direct comparism is striking. Much more modern manga? I got used to the new FQ style already so it's kind of a surprise for me to realize those basic changes.

Faithful G0lden! I love to see you with your familiar baublehead. Do you have noticed I've dropped another one for you? Just in case you need variety. ^^
Lots of love for the character baubles I love you - you call them even gems! *feels flattered and honored* Hopefully the little windows are big and clear enough for your eyes. The couple you had difficulties to recognize are Windkin and Aroree during the Go-Back dance. Thank you for the praise. *bows*

Eager Redcap ^^ ... always vigilant, witty - or obvious ^^ ... and helpful! Thanks for your company since the beginning, Redhead, and for one or the other poking and gentle kick. You know I count on you in case another kick is needed. Wink

It's a pleasure to baublify each of my visitors ... and fun to show results based on other than Wendy Pini's art. Good for surprises!
There are some friends who have not shown up in the thread so far - but they got baubleheads on the Original Scroll. And two of them even use the same avatars here! I cannot resist to show off

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2010_t10 12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2010_c12  12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2010_r10

Tenderfoot, Cleopatra and Rainflower  - don't tear the sisters apart. Wink

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 5:33 am

Tails High and welcome to the Advent calendar, Twopaw. It's wonderful to see new faces  ... and muzzles. Hungry Wolf

Redhead was so kind to give a fast answer to your very justified question. Traditional Advent calendars end with Christmas Eve ... and that was how this one was originally planned. Then I needed some more windows to make the calendar look harmonic ... and some more to show all the nice ideas ... and others to have room for the darker sides of EQ - and my dear visitors welcomed extensions. Now my calendar goes Around Christmas Time and ends with Three Kings Day, January 6th, the day when Christmas time officially ends in Germany.

Tell me about the logistic challenges of whelpday around Christmas time ^^ ... and there are quite a few who share this little problem in our holt. There will be even two windows open for your on the 27th ... maybe 3 due to time zones. One to snuggle with, one to bite and one to howl at.

You may have noticed that I use to "baublify" my visitors ...

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2015_t10 ... took me a bit longer to decide on your shiny ornament.

I hope you don't mind that I've used your original art - only for this purpose! - without asking first.

ouf. HUGE Twopaw. ... Pike Stunned BIG big guy.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 8:15 am

Right, wouldn't have guessed you'd also include non-romantic couples. But I should've guessed that you'd do something I wouldn't have guessed.

Moonshade

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 8:57 am

Thanks for the new bauble EM. I like it. Great new ornaments today.

Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 12:09 pm

It's so great to see your Advent Calenders up again dear Embala. And all these new baubles of everyone is so wonderful and perfect. Smile
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Awww Moonshade and Freetouch! Mother and daughter! I love you I like the rain in both baubles, and that Moonshade looks down at her.

Troll bauble! Love that the background is black, with the nice gold outside of the bauble!

And I love the baubles you made for or tribemates!

Thank you for your very nice and lovely comments Embala! *hugs* Hug

I'm looking at the 2014 opening collage right now! It's great to look at them again! Such amazing baubles too see again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 5:51 am

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples 12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 There_10 The child is the link!

It's literally a link  - click on the little picture to find the Advent calendar.  rendeer

I've managed to surprise Redhead again! santa I've told you all it will not be about lovemates and lifemates only - this would have felt so limited. Not that there would be a problem to fill two calendars with romantic or more passionate scenes ... but I love to show variety and an unexpected point of view. Expect all kind of couples   king queen who visibly shared a moment ... or a lifetime.

The starry bauble suits you, G0lden. Smile This avatar picture was screaming to be baublified ... Glad you like!

Awww... you were lurking, Cleopatra. *tacklehugs* Thank you for your loving words. It's wonderful to have you back in the Holt - all 3 of you!

My heart cheers that you are a constant guest again and find joy in the Christmas ornaments, Wolfie. *hugs tight*

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am

One of the newer couples, sweet.
I really hope Tingeh will choose to have her life prolonged as well, so they can be together longer.

Embala wrote:
I've managed to surprise Redhead again! santa I've told you all it will not be about lovemates and lifemates only - this would have felt so limited. Not that there would be a problem to fill two calenders with romantic or more passionate scenes ... but I love to show variety and an unexpected point of view. Expect all kind of couples king queen who visibly sheared a moment ... or a lifetime.

Well... seeing that bit would've required me to actually read it...

Back to top Go down
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Oh, Embala! The baubles are all beautiful! I would have commented more, but am short on time at the moment, so I shall come back later to drop a much more detailed description of how much I like them.

And there's a baublified Tenderfoot! Very Happy She doesn't look too happy in there, though, probably feels trapped XD Aww, thank you! *tackle glomps*
Back to top Go down
Beryl

Beryl

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Im so happy that you keep doing the advent calender, such beautiful couples Dewshine

Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 7:56 pm

I do love seeing your wonderful work, Embala ^^ *huggles* Totally love todays christmas baubles <3
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 pm

I love the new baubles!They are all great! I especially like the look of Arorre, she really has some color in her cheeks now, eh? I'm happy to see Moonshade and Freetouch too! santa And look, there is Oddbit!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 5:07 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Well... seeing that bit would've required me to actually read it...
... I've actually suspected this quite some time. XD
Yes, Tingeh is a sweetheart. Let's see how you like the next few "couples", Redhead. Wink

Do you remember: "I'm a djinni in a bauble. Set me free!" Very Happy Thank you for your visit and beautiful comment. *hugs* Don't bother about detailed comments, Tenderfoot. Lurk, enjoy and good luck with your studies and exams. And when mood meets time I'd be happy about some more!

See, your festive avatar goes well with this year's theme, Beryl! Another loving couple sharing a moment ... I remember. You are I love you welcome, dear young friend. Comment or lurk - I'm happy to know you are around and that the Advent windows bring you joy.

Thanks again for the love, Cleopatra. Tingeh and Khorbasi were so sweet together ... this young love longed for hearts!

And look, Toadstool looks out of your window, Startear! Very Happy She seems to be curious for the company that will show up day by day. Thanks so much for your comments and thoughts.

Seeing so many of us gather again around the Advent calendar is my very special Christmas gift. santa

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2015_m10

How Winnowill would have looked in a maritime ElfQuest tale ... Winnowill

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 8:06 am

Ah, two lovelies Tyleet and Dewshine. Interesting under the sea bauble.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:27 am

Yay! Lifemates.

Dewshine Tyleet Kiss

Only two-person couples?
Though I suppose couple sorta implies two people, otherwise it'd be a... tripple?

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Winnowill would have lookes amazing in maritime elfquest tale!! Beautiful collage! Smile

AWWW! I love the heart chape baubles of Khorbasi and Tingeh!! *For some reason i thought that her name was Molli, but that was the friend rescued her* I love that Tingeh looks behind her while Khorbasi looks at her. I think that of all the positions, that this one turned out the best of them all. I love the background, it fits.

Tyleet and Dewshine!! Dewshine Tyleet Kiss I love the snow/kristal like background! And again, I love how they look at each other!

There we have the trolls! Oddbit and OLD MAGGOTY!! They have the perfect coilor baubles!

I still can't stop looking at them all!! Especially that cutter/skywise bauble!!  I love you You're doing an amazing job like always! Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next