Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...

Go down 
+50
Lunakat
G0lden
Trollbabe
PCoquelin
Twopaw
Shadowpath
Blackbird
TrollHammer
Soreyes
Tymber
manga
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
kathleen3.0
KR Wordgazer
Elwing
Leanan
Redhead Ember
Vaeri
Nibblet
Fairyring
Eregyrn
Multimedea
Dio
Miss Gillespie
ChristinaRaibert
Tam
Merelf
wingthing
Stargazer
Wiseshaman
Multi-Facets
MrsGrizzley
Jeppe
TwoEdge4Ever
Josine
jaRf
Timmain
Stormcatcher
Beryl
wolfmoonsky
willderbeast
wildfire
Startear
llannen
Davrille
Kir, the last Go-Back
Nightsea
Badger
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... Empty
PostSubject: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:15 am

...without warning, too...

http://www.elfquest.com/forums/discussion/8654/commenting-has-moved-to-the-homepage
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:30 am

Well, that's an incredibly dickish move on their part. I'm guessing places like this will be springing up all over the shop now. Which I think is good, they can't police our points of view here because its not their jurisdiction. I left for two reasons. 1- the admins are all ruled by their egos and killed any kind of discussion that wasn't 100% positive about EQ. It felt more like a dictatorship than the friendly community we had built over the years. It was all about who could lick arse the most effectively rather than being nice to each other and helping another human.
And 2- that format. Jesus it was terrible. Threads moved and merged for no reason other than it was possible. Sections deleted and chucked in with other sections. Non of it made any sense and it wasn't even slightly user friendly.

So what they've basically got now is boing-boing mark 2. Which is what we all knew rob wanted and was edging towards and said so years ago.

Way to alienate your fans, guys. Good job. *slow clap*

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:05 pm

OK bear with me here cuz my phone is so outdated I'm not sure if my post will work here or come out wonky *giggles* But what on earth is going on? I saw someone post on Facebook about it but my phone wont work with FB today for some reason.
I know I left the forum ages ago (for personal reasons) but I always cared about it greatly because of how it helped get me through bad times in life and especially for the wonderful friends I met there ^_^
Was just having the site and an FB one too much?

Well if there's anything that can be done here to make it more like home to you guys or anyone else from the Scrolls, PLEASE ASK! Yes I'm still without my laptops but my boys will let me use theirs when they're available AND there's others here at the site who. I think I can bribe to help till I get a working lappy of my own again LOL!

*now crosses fingers that my phone will post*
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Well, I got out of there just in time! I'm feeling better and better about that every time I glance back.

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:04 pm

It's good to see many familiar faces here. I have no idea what happened- I'm always the last to find out about these things. I have invested time, emotion and effort in that forum in the last year, and now it is just gone. Linear reply threads on topics set by those is power are no substitute for a community forum.
Maybe it is for the best, but right now I'm not feeling it. I'm probably the only one who loved this official EQ forum. I felt I built up something, and now I find it was just a drag and of no value. I'm totally heartbroken, I have been a mess all day.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:32 pm

"Linear reply threads on topics set by those is power are no substitute for a community forum."

It's just like Facebook now!

Yeah- I think I was right on target when I said that Mr. Pini couldn't handle even minor criticism. He said "discuss" and then got all pissed off that people discussed honestly. That was just lame as heck. Most creators stay out of it. They don't jump into fan discussions about their work in self defense- and then spaz out when they don't get the reactions they want.

The problem with a forum is that people express opinions and really talk about stuff. With this new format, that all goes to the wind. It's no fun- and I wouldn't ever have signed up in the first place, if that was the original format. I'm just as glad to be gone from that mess.

I will always respect Wendy for her visual storytelling skills over the years, but I could care less about that franchise right now.

And frankly, Photoshop had kind of killed it for me anyway. I'm not against new mediums, and if used well, Photoshop is a great tool. But, as talented as she is with a pen and ink, when switching to the computer, the learning curve there was too steep. Even with Sonny doing the coloring (which helped a lot!), her characters, framing and poses became much stiffer with the cintiq.

I was honestly just following the series at this point out of loyalty. The truth is, I just like you guys. I've been chatting with you for so long, it would be sad to stop.

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Elwing, I'm with you in that I loved much about the forum. And like you, I feel betrayed that all my work with the smileys ended up being for nothing.

Really they could have just kicked me in the stomach, that was the feeling when I saw what they had done. (After I realized it is too early for April Fools, that is...)

Kin, are we allowed to invite anyone to this forum of yours? Are we allowed to share the address on facebook on the EQ-related pages? Just checking.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Please feel free to share Leanan Smile no worries. This can be anyones home if they wish ^__^ All I ask is y'all be a little patient if something needs addressed on the site since my only access to it is mostly through my 5 year old phone! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Someone (who cares to log back in there) ought to go to the Elfquest page and let people know this place exists. A couple of people were asking if there were any fan forums outside of the main site- and someone actually did mention forumotion. I bet we would get a decent turn out if someone could post a link.

Just a thought.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 3:23 pm

He has frozen the forum. Because he can. - This is his right.

Without warning. - That is poor style.

I've re-registered there ... call it scientifical curiosity. When you need someone to post this Holt address to invite other - I'll do. I can hardly get more trouble now than I've already had. And I don't care to participate at this cold place.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm here. I'm devastated. I may make myself a new account because the Tam username was taken and I was hoping we could change our display names, but we can't, and meh. But I am here.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 pm

I re-registered on the ruins of our old home, too... mostly just to stop anyone else from registering as Leanan...
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 4:30 pm

So the forum is forever gone now. In this kinda way to..

..I know it his right to do this...but i got to say this very low of him to do, not even giving a warning or something. Very pathetic. Very disappointing.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 5:01 pm

... very insecure. Or something.

Badger

Badger

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 5:13 pm

I, for one, will not be re-registering in the new "forum" or whatever people want to call it. I do not really care about it, actually. I would not even care, if someone took my username.

Unreal World - Badger's comic blog
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Welcome Wolfie! sunny

I understand you so well. Disappointed and sad about the forum ...

... but very happy to find friends gather here. Kin's place is a good home, Wolfie. *hugs*

And I'll post the EggQuest nests here, too.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Embala- you should go invite people here. Other people are posting links to other websites already.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Did so, Lunakat ...

In that "welcome" comment/thread/blog thing - I don't even know whether there is more. I cannot figure out how to navigate there.

I don't even know whether the admins will keep it online. At least I've tried.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kir, the last Go-Back

Kir, the last Go-Back

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 9:39 pm

So if we are to wash our hands of the Pinis as people, can we still read Elfquest?

Or must we turn our backs on their work as well as them personally?

Undecided here. But if, in the end, I am convinced that I have a moral duty to actively attack the Elfquest franchise for the greater good... can't rule that out yet.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Kir, the last Go-Back wrote:
So if we are to wash our hands of the Pinis as people, can we still read Elfquest?

Undecided here. But if, in the end, I am convinced that I have a moral duty to actively attack the Elfquest franchise for the greater good... can't rule that out yet.

Something like that is an individual decision, hun.

To each their own in whatever they wish to do, and no one will be judged for their decision either  I love you

Good to see you btw  Wink
Back to top Go down
Kir, the last Go-Back

Kir, the last Go-Back

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:

Something like that is an individual decision, hun.

To each their own in whatever they wish to do, and no one will be judged for their decision either  I love you

Good to see you btw  Wink

Thanks for being there, Kin. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Agreed with Kin. I think, so long as we remain without judgment for our fellow packmates and how they decide to handle this, whatever you choose to do is your business. Personally, I will always love Elfquest. But I am distancing myself from the site, the FB group, and the creators in general.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked *just stares and drools at Tam's avatar and nods to whatever people say now* Shocked Shocked Shocked

Quote :
Thanks for being there, Kin.
Can't get rid of me no matter how much technology hates me Razz
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked  *just stares and drools at Tam's avatar and nods to whatever people say now* Shocked Shocked Shocked

Quote :
Thanks for being there, Kin.
Can't get rid of me no matter how much technology hates me Razz

*chuckles* Thank you. It isn't my art...the artist is a dear friend of mine. But the characters are mine...Allegro and Alyial.
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:16 am

Leanan wrote:
...without warning, too...

http://www.elfquest.com/forums/discussion/8654/commenting-has-moved-to-the-homepage

Gee.. thanks pinis. Guess I dont need to worry about checking that account anymore, it will save so much time not having to deal with it anymore, and wont have to worry about sorting through the threads for social interaction with others on that site....

all the more time I can spend here! pirat

So... I have some openings in project time now thwt I wont be directly focusing on canon EQ "play nice and by the rules".... more troll stories perhaps, the thing that has been calling me for some time: Troll Quest: the Real Story"?

The big thing is that the real draw, the core of what EQ has come to mean to me, is here (and elsewhere Im sure, but not "there"), the fellowship and kinship I have enjoyed with you all. I hope we all stay and all enjoy ourselves here.

I will say this: in a way, this is a fresh start for new discussion if we can turn our backs on the mess that was made of the old forums and rediscover what the Quest means to us.

To a degree Im glad, as I can focus here.
To a degree Im mad, as much as any who has been defecated on.
To a degree Im sad, the passing of great times which came with such torment.
To a degree Ive been had, they zipped out with everything that began TrollHammer without so much as a thank you or goodbye.

A new chapter has begun and Im happy for it. It may have been a kick in the gut, but closure is closure I guess, no more oozing scabs and bad feelings, I can go on and focus on things here.

And Im also glad, because more posting here will mean more places for Embala to hide eggs!

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... Empty

Back to top Go down

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next