Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...

Go down 
+50
Lunakat
G0lden
Trollbabe
PCoquelin
Twopaw
Shadowpath
Blackbird
TrollHammer
Soreyes
Tymber
manga
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
kathleen3.0
KR Wordgazer
Elwing
Leanan
Redhead Ember
Vaeri
Nibblet
Fairyring
Eregyrn
Multimedea
Dio
Miss Gillespie
ChristinaRaibert
Tam
Merelf
wingthing
Stargazer
Wiseshaman
Multi-Facets
MrsGrizzley
Jeppe
TwoEdge4Ever
Josine
jaRf
Timmain
Stormcatcher
Beryl
wolfmoonsky
willderbeast
wildfire
Startear
llannen
Davrille
Kir, the last Go-Back
Nightsea
Badger
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:38 pm

MrsGrizzley wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm predisposed to coming here because of Kinzy. *shy wave* And because it's at least a format I'm somewhat familiar with.

I had an account on EQFA *ages* ago but I don't know if it still exists or what my password was for it or even what *email* I'd associated it with.  A lot of that information is written down on scraps of paper hidden *everywhere* and my lists aren't exactly comprehensive.

Add to that various Real Life Issues going on and... well, this was NOT the time for the Pinis to pull this crap on me, right when I'm NEEDING the stability of the Tribe, ya know?

I know exactly what you mean. <3
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Good to see you here, Grizz! (We are still your tribe, sweetie!)

So... what do you guys want to bet that they ultimately end up with just Heather, Rob, Thornbrake and two or maybe three other people commenting? With the new format, it hardly matters. You'd never even notice.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:24 pm

BTW, guys- I feel I owe you all an apology. I had no idea that Richard would throw the baby out with the bathwater. I really was never going to comment there again. He surely didn't have to do this to get rid of me- but I'm sorry if what I said instigated killing the forum.

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Throwing out...An orphanage with the bathwater. Wonder what really happened. I guess we will never know.
Back to top Go down
Kir, the last Go-Back

Kir, the last Go-Back

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Luna, as your friend, no need for any guilt. *hugs*

As for who might stay with the Scroll if and when it's revived - since I've not participated for a while, I might not be up to date with any questionable deeds/comments by Rob, David, Heather or anyone else. If they did or said anything on the Pinis' direct orders, then I will re-evaluate what to do next. But for now, and until I learn differently, my quarrel is with Richard alone. Not with any EQ readers or fans.

Hopefully I'll come through this with all my EQ-related friendships intact. May it be so.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 6:24 pm

I doubt that you - that your discussion with Richard - was the reason he froze the forum, lunakat. In best case it serves as a smokescreen for him. No need to apologize to us or for anything. *hugs*

I've followed all the threads, listened to what the admins said, what they NOT said  ... and noticed their remarkable absence.
- Rob being almost invisible and "insanely busy" ...
- how they ignored member pleas
- the complaint that we did hardly react to "official news"
- Richards remark that they were "working on another possibilities" to connect FB/EQ.com ... in backview these were clear hints.

Even before you had this discussion I draw the conclusion that Richard has given up on the Scroll. Unconsciously, just a gut instinct. The only question for me was whether they would "ignore" the forum and its unruly members ... or somehow change everything again.

I not even think that your disagreement was the external cause to do it NOW. It is simply timed too well ...
ONE DAY before the release of the new issue! Wink Fans would be busy with discussing and speculation about it instead of making much bruhaha about the mew change. At least that was the assumption ...

That's what I think about it, lunakat. Just my two cents.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 6:30 pm

The only people at fault for this are the Pinis and whoever helped/influenced them to take down the Scroll. It was their decision, and if this is in reaction to that most childish of reactions towards you, Lunakat, that's their problem. Not yours. We should never be afraid to disagree, and they should never punish an entire forum for what they perceive as the slights of a single member. If that is truly the root of this shut down.

You have NOTHING to feel guilty about. This is on them and them alone.

I also would not be surprised if the only commenters who remain are Heather, Rob, and David. *shrugs* There are people on that Welcome thread who seem to be happy about the changes, but from the front page, it is not at all obvious that one can even comment. "Read more" is not enough...they should at least have a link that says how many comments are on there so that people understand that you can. I would make such a suggestion, but I'm sure it will be ignored along with everything else that isn't sunshine and rainbows.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Lurked around a little but desided to join here, clearly I'm a little more naive, but I did wonder what happend for the sudden closure of the forum. Do you guys think it's because they got sick of all the arguing in the forums? Or something else?

Anyway, I HATE to discuss on facebook, it's just a mess, and the worst is that know with the new groups, my whole newsfeed is EQ, and every notification is EQ, and I don't want to get annoyed by EQ, but that was why I liked the forum.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Facebook is a terrible place to have these kinds of interactions -- because it blasts anything you say to everyone you are connected with. And I don't know about y'all, but I have some work contacts on Facebook. I'm not about to break down Elfquest for my former boss!

Say, thanks everybody. I'm glad you aren't angry with me.

Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Luna, truth is we don't really know what triggered them to do what they did. I suspect they did react negatively to criticism  Rolling Eyes which *may* have influenced it, but if so shame on them. I was 100% behind you in what you said anyway, I thought RP behaved very badly. You did nothing wrong, and have nothing to apologise for!
Back to top Go down
Timmain
Admin
Timmain

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Luna.... seriously?

I have one name for you

Woebringer....

Now.... if Richard dared to be active in the Scrolls of OLD (the very first one) and met our dearest and fondest troublemaker... the Scrolls would have been shut down THEN!

And you were worried a BRIEF dispute Richard had with you led to this? Silly woman Wink Wink Wink Wink This is all on those who deemed the Scrolls as "clutter", as Wendy described it to be.

Sadly

Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Very Happy Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing Woebringer...OMG, I remember him Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Oh wow, I'd forgotten about Woebringer. How could I forget? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm

HA! Woebringer would have blown it up single-handedly

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Well I for one think the Pinis just shot themselves in their preverbal foot.  To bad I can't say anything on the new site.  If someone wants do it for me.  Make it simple.

Thanks for nothing. I'm outta here.

llannen

llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:11 am

I am happy to find you all.....I know that I've been fairly new to the SoC and could only periodically post in between work and sleeping children.

Thank you for allowing me to fall into this new holt.

I can say I love the frank discussion from all of you, love your thoughts and points of view. You all feel like a tribe that I'm trying to find a comfortable place in.

The gossipy side of me is wondering what the spat was about with Luna....but realize I don't want to pick at a wound that is trying to heal. Embarassed Shocked

I wondered about some of the dark side I've heard about, I've wondered what had happened with other people that have negative experiences. Like with Colleen Doran, the creator of A Distant Soil.......

I did join the official forum as well because I felt so lost until tonight.

So thank you for being you. All of you.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:23 am

Happy to have you join the tribe llannen. You'll find some interesting people and things here. Hope you have fun as well.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:55 am

@Llannen- basically Richard can't hold his own in an argument.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 am

Wonder what else he can't hold?

Timmain
Admin
Timmain

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 3:11 am

There's nothing wrong with being *curious*. No one really knows for sure what exactly led the Scrolls to be closed. Some were involved with deep discussions, which led some to be concerned and worried it was what led up to the closing all together.

To be honest, I myself don't believe it was due to a particular discussion, or a "few".

It had nothing to do with the creators/staff disagreeing with certain members about certain issues.

This was a long time coming. Even with the last site change, it didn't have the support from those who should have supported it. Their efforts lied elsewhere, especially Facebook.

It was even flat out stated as much on several occasions, as well as by actions (or lack there of) That's fine. That's their decision. That's their right to run things the way they wish. That's their vision

But yes, that's also just my opinion on the matter.

But this is what I do know as fact....

I may have left on my own accord, which was WAY before Rob came and the site changed the last time, but I still witnessed a lot. Yet I stayed quiet and away as well.

What I haven't shared with most members here is, I even experienced the backlash from the staff there for something I never did, or was involved with. I wasn't even a member of the site at the time they decided to have a hissy fit about this site, and me, and the few who participated here at the time.

Lies were said that weren't true.

Accusations made that were not true.

I did not deserve what was said about me, nor did those who were here who had every right to come here and simply express their feelings to me about things. That was their right to do so.

When a place has those type of people infesting it, whether it's the owners/creators, or the staff they hire....that's not the Scrolls of Colors anymore.

Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:06 am

It seems they'd alienated quite a few people long before they pulled the plug on the Scroll.
Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:38 am

Yeah, they were progressively alienating a LOT of fans with continual changes and revisions that seemed to lose a few more each time. This was a long time coming, to be honest, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

I have to wonder if maybe it was precipitated by the issues with security that I saw mentioned a couple times. Rob was having to go back line by line because apparently there was a security risk/attempted hacking involved in an old post somewhere and I know that it impacted Embala's projects, along with some of the pictures and things.

But it sure as hell would have been nice to have had a freakin heads-up before they just cut all that history loose. *grumble*
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:57 am

llannen wrote:

I wondered about some of the dark side I've heard about, I've wondered what had happened with other people that have negative experiences. Like with Colleen Doran, the creator of A Distant Soil.......

Old-school fan here-- I could tell a few stories that I heard second and third-hand from back in the 80s and 90s...
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:10 am

Davrille wrote:
llannen wrote:

Old-school fan here-- I could tell a few stories that I heard second and third-hand from back in the 80s and 90s...

Do tell, if you want, I'm so curios, there is like no questions being answer anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:44 am

Well, I don't know if I want to hear it, especially if it's just third hand hear-say. There's enough misery already when we just consider the plain facts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next