Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 7:35 pm

@Vaeri: Hey look, I got help with the preserver maker and now it works on my computer.
This is the little pest Yeee fetches on  Hakens island, together with the other pest: Haken.

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Preser11
Wings no. 36, and solid shape, not transparent, because it needs solid fin-wings to fly in water.
Now Sharuks new pet needs a name.

I think the Sea Raiders will call it "Shutit!" or "Shutyerface!"

Last edited by Yeee on Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 8:07 pm

XD

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 11:58 pm

Lol yay! I'm glad you got it to work and pleased to see what you've made! It's pretty cool looking
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 7:07 am

Haha, thanx, I figured your sweet Maker needed some appreciation. After all, you've put so much effort into it and the little annoying pixies are an integral part of the Elfquest world.
What will your next project be? Maybe a troll maker?  Wink  I am sure, Trollbabe would sit at it and doll one Troll after another  Laughing

Now, Shutit is no real Preserver name, just a mean Sea Raider nickname.
Maybe the real name could be something with Snicker..., resembling to  poor Tittersweet in the Shards series.

It could be "Snickershell"

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 6:54 pm

Well, I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently in the WIP for the Elfquest fanart calendar in terms of drawing.
That`s why I had no new picture for Mermay the last daYS.  Sad
but at last i can post old stuff I found...There was this old short comic in german language
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Scan_227
it is colorized by Ari .

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 11:25 pm

I like Snickershell! Sounds quite elfquesty.

I enjoy the comic even if i can't understand a lick of it!^^

And only way i could do a troll doll maker is if someone did the art or sketched the art for me to line. I'm the programmer more than the artist in doll maker making
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 10:35 am

Haha, then have the next page. The text is not really so important, you can neglect it. That was just stuff from an RPG that I drew.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Scan_228
Yak is just a little bit pissed, that the guy first killed her stag and then is not even willing to make amends (with sex , surely a typical Go Back bargain).

"And only way i could do a troll doll maker is if someone did the art or sketched the art for me to line. I'm the programmer more than the artist in doll maker making"

So the one you did the Preserver doll maker with wouldn't do anything else? Too bad, he or she had real talent. I think you guys were a pretty good team, at least for what came out of it.
Honestly, I think the preservers are better drawn than this official Elfquest avatar maker, it's so lame and the elfs don't look Elfquesty at all. But your Preserver dolls do.

Okay, I would not do art for a Troll doll maker, but for an elf doll maker it would be a challenge and I wouldn`t say no. I've actually thought about doing something like that for a while.
I just have absolutely no idea how to approach something like that. I am such an idiot wwhen it comes to computer , leave alone programming. I just can imagine, that this is lots of work to do, in both: programming and drawing.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Yeee wrote:
So the one you did the Preserver doll maker with wouldn't do anything else? Too bad, he or she had real talent. I think you guys were a pretty good team, at least for what came out of it.

Honestly, I think the preservers are better drawn than this official Elfquest avatar maker, it's so lame and the elfs don't look Elfquesty at all. But your Preserver dolls do.

It's been so long but i believe...Jedai did the art? He apparently had had all the pieces drawn for years and just pieced them together for people. He agreed to let me plug it in and..yeah.

Yeee wrote:
Okay, I would not do art for a Troll doll maker, but for an elf doll maker it would be a challenge and I wouldn`t say no. I've actually thought about doing something like that for a while.

I just have absolutely no idea how to approach something like that. I am such an idiot wwhen it comes to computer , leave alone programming. I just can imagine, that this is lots of work to do, in both: programming and drawing.

It's....complicated but simple once you get it lol. Take a face. You could draw the sides of the head but then draw the jaws seperately on different layers to create the different face shapes. The eyebrows would go on seperate layers with left and right seperate to make expressions (aka left normal eyebrow, right raised eyebrow).

Then eye shapes on different layers...then the eye(iris and pupil) seperate to be combined in the maker.

Make sense?
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 6:19 pm

Yes, makes sense...and sounds like tons of layers. Can a normal computer still process something like this? I've found that the more layers I have in an image, the longer it takes for the computer to save. That's logical, of course, but I think it's very noticeable, my computer then needs a lot more time.

"draw the jaws seperately on different layers to create the different face shapes."
I would draw the full face shapes with jaws and simply use the shapes given in the comic: for the females: Leetahs heart shape, the oval one from Clearbrook, the shape from Moonshade, from Khavi, Shenshen and maybe one or 2 others. I think this could be enough for the fans.

then different body shapes?  like that Leetah broad hip shape , Khavis muscular shape etc.
Or maybe separated into upper part and lowwer part, for making fishtails (haha, what kind of tails would I surely draw?    
and arms separate for different arm positions like the Azaleas dolls mermaid scene maker (which is a great example for howw to do a maker) and harpy wings and tails lol!  ..ah yes, and different feet , some wwith nice bird talons  What a Face
and then there was this cool drag and drop menu in the mermaid scene maker, but I think this is too complicated.

GASP! Lots of work...but hey, a great challenge.
Well, you already have experience with this, then you could at least roughly guide me on how to do what and then tinker everything together into a program afterwards.

here is the next page of the old trash, in the middle flys Aris red haired Glider elf. You know, the one Ari who colorized my pictures in earlier times.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Scan_229
Yak shows her firy temperament.
The 3rd in the discussion is being ground between the fronts Razz

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 8:26 pm

Yeee wrote:
Yes, makes sense...and sounds like tons of layers. Can a normal computer still process something like this? I've found that the more layers I have in an image, the longer it takes for the computer to save. That's logical, of course, but I think it's very noticeable, my computer then needs a lot more time.

Absolutely a computer can handle it! But yes it just takes more loading and saving time. Because it is indeed a lot of layers making a doll game. Sadly the more layers, the more work there is but the better the doll maker will be. I made a brooch maker and i think it had.....geez probably at least 200 layers probably.

Yeee wrote:

I would draw the full face shapes with jaws and simply use the shapes given in the comic: for the females: Leetahs heart shape, the oval one from Clearbrook, the shape from Moonshade, from Khavi, Shenshen and maybe one or 2 others. I think this could be enough for the fans.

Well you could just do the face shapes..but will the ears sit in the same place for say Leetah's face and Moonshade's face? If not, i'd say it'd be easier to draw the sides of the face with different jaws so you don't have to do the extra work of redrawing the same types of ears for different faces.

Yeee wrote:

then different body shapes?  like that Leetah broad hip shape , Khavis muscular shape etc.
Or maybe separated into upper part and lowwer part, for making fishtails (haha, what kind of tails would I surely draw?

Easiest way to handle that, basic body with different bust sizes and hip sizes, and probably different thighs to combine with the hips. Like small, medium and large bust with small, medium, large hips. You absolutely can do fish tails but that opens a whole new can of layers...lol you'd need base tail, different style flukes and different coloring style layers for the flukes, different shaped spikes for along the back of the tail, different stripes and different scale patterns...it's not for the faint of heart. XD

Yeee wrote:

and arms separate for different arm positions like the Azaleas dolls mermaid scene maker (which is a great example for howw to do a maker) and harpy wings and tails lol!  ..ah yes, and different feet , some wwith nice bird talons  What a Face

Now you're really piling on the work...mainly on your self! But i can code it.

Yeee wrote:

and then there was this cool drag and drop menu in the mermaid scene maker, but I think this is too complicated.

drag and drop is not possible with this system...but maybe in the future?

Yeee wrote:

GASP! Lots of work...but hey, a great challenge.
Well, you already have experience with this, then you could at least roughly guide me on how to do what and then tinker everything together into a program afterwards.

Indeed a challenge but i like a good challenge! And i absolutely can guide you in what to draw. First step...one gender or both, and will it be bust, half body(to the waist or thighs) or full body? We can talk in PM about this, or email or discord.

Still enjoying the comic. Blonde braid got seriously busted up! Double whammy!

Last edited by Vaeri on Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 8:29 pm

Jeedai's Preserver Nest
The tiny pictures are clickable to show ful size.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 6:25 pm

Lots of Preservers in Jeedai`s nest.

200 layers for brooches! Must be very complex brooches. That surely was some work to do.

Yes, yes, but you can also simplify the fishtail thing if you want. Maybe I'm not piling up the work so much, we'll see. Razz
Great, thanx so much that you want to help me .
But first I have to draw now on my Elfquest fanart calendar contribution. I need to finish my sketch soon.
to answer your questions: both genders and full body.
don`t know what discord is, but when i can start, I may tell you via PM .
No time today for scanning the next page...

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 6:52 pm

Oh some of them are! It took me like years to do the art and coding for it...but anyway i have no issues with a lot of work. I too welcome a challenge!

Also found this to give more guidance/ideas. My friend was going to draw it but i think it's too much of a challenge for her...^^0

Unofficial elf maker thread
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 8:21 pm

Vaeri wrote:
Oh some of them are! It took me like years to do the art and coding for it...but anyway i have no issues with a lot of work. I too welcome a challenge!

Also found this to give more guidance/ideas. My friend was going to draw it but i think it's too much of a challenge for her...^^0

Unofficial elf maker thread

I completely forgot about that maker!

I love this comic so far!!! Great works! Distracted lately so just hovering a bit for a while.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 10:23 pm

As did i, until i got excited and started thinking about resurrecting the idea with Yeee and i thought "wasn't there a thread...?" XD It is an ambitious list but if Yeee can do it..^^

The comics are wonderful! This Yak lady though...yikes! XD
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 3:40 pm

Thank you all and since you are writing so diligently here, I do not want to withhold the next page from you either
I figured you might like this, at least there isn't a single Merelf splashing around there, it's all guys with legs and wolves...or owls..or dead reindeers.

Well Vaeri, you know, my OCs are pretty wild types, but they also bring momentum into the stories, imagine everyone would be nice, how boring. What a Face  
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Scan_230

"As did i, until i got excited and started thinking about resurrecting the idea with Yeee and i thought "wasn't there a thread...?" XD It is an ambitious list but if Yeee can do it..^^"

Haha, resurrection is more a Sadachbia thing than mine.
I have to read this Maker thread. here are a few treasures slumbering in the forum. Very Happy  So far I can only guess what a gigantic effort it must be and that something like that would take a very long time. Maybe more than a years work, because I also have other projects , which I want to do. I nearly finished my calendar, the march picture is the old one wwith  Moonlight and wolf-easteregg. I simply used old pictures to fill it.
The next big things are the Efquest fan art calendar and the Mermay challenge. And then the summer comes and I will go mermaiding as much as I can. In between there will also be time for drawing. I guess I can start the maker then.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 9:21 pm

Talk about kicking a guy when he's down...lol there's about to be a lot more fighting isn't there? Is this two tribes meeting?

And yes, a maker like this could take more than a year. Not difficult, just tedious and time consuming, but hey, labors of love. The last tip and advantage is you don't have to color anything, the images for the maker when put in are basically greyscale. Grey and white, no black. It's really a rather neat mechanic, white takes on the pure color while the darker the grey, the darker the chosen color. That's why you can't use black, it won't show any color. Except maybe eyelashes probably. Eyelashes are black 99% of the time right? But that's the last i'll say about the maker until you're ready to start.^^

Yay for nearly finishing your calendar! And double yay for the upcoming mermaiding!!^^ I don't know about Germany but my state just released all the mandates earlier this month. Already have events starting up! I'm holding out for maybe a couple festivals.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 5:28 pm

"Talk about kicking a guy when he's down...lol there's about to be a lot more fighting isn't there? Is this two tribes meeting?"

Yeah, poor guy, isn't he? A Lot more fighting? Lets see on the next page...
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Scan_231

...looks like: Yes! And it seems as if 2 tribes are meeting here, or one tribe and a family.

you really have to explain the gray painting thing to me in more detail before I
screw it up.
LOL, the Mermay contest and mermaiding are 2 different things. The Mermay contest is an annual mermaid drawing competition in which participants post a mermaid picture on Instagram each day in May on a given topic ,all written on the prompt list. But they can also post less or just one picture, which don't necessarily have to match the prompts. The prompts are just a list of ideas and make things a little funnier when you see different mermaid ideas on a topic.
The Mermay contest is a cooperation between Disney animator Tom Bancroft and wacom (graphic tablet company).
https://www.polygon.com/animation-cartoons/2021/5/27/22457351/mermay-creator-tom-bancroft-disney-animation
do you remember last year I took part there too.

And mermaiding , what I want to do in summer in my 2 seas is swimming with a fishtail... I love you I love you I love you

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 6:13 pm

Yes Yeee, i remember the difference. That's why mermaiding gets a double yay because i know how much you miss the ocean! Lol I'm not that forgetful

Ahhh greyscale...the best way to explain would be pictures. I'll send some later in pm to explain how the program "reads" the images that get put in.

And indeed a lot more fighting. Noooo Yak, you're scaring the little ones!!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 5:09 pm

okay , sorry! What a Face
And thanx a lot for your long PM! Now I can see what you meant with greyscales. The pictures and your text explained it good. I will start by creating a base that I will then "feel my way along" to be able to draw the individual body parts appropriately. After all, I also want to separate the upper body from the lower body to allow for making fishtails.
If I'm going to do something like that, then of course with Mermaid Option.
Or can you revise an already completed Maker so that even more functions can be added later?

Fight, next round:
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Scan_232
here, the short comic ends.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 5:44 pm

awww... fun ended too soon! Sad  You did great, Yeee! Like

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 6:33 pm

Haha, no worries, I will post the beginning of the comic tomorrow.
And btw. Ari, who gave all my old stuff color, has her OC flying in the last 2 pages , she is the red haired pregnant Glider gal.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:14 pm

Yeee wrote:
And thanx a lot for your long PM! Now I can see what you meant with greyscales. The pictures and your text explained it good. I will start by creating a base that I will then "feel my way along" to be able to draw the individual body parts appropriately. After all, I also want to separate the upper body from the lower body to allow for making fishtails.
If I'm going to do something like that, then of course with Mermaid Option.
Or can you  revise an already completed Maker so that even more functions can be added later?

Yay i'm glad it cleared things up! I try to explain simply but sometimes with things this complex, there just is no being simple XDD

I can't wait to what you make, especially with your new digital skills!! It's going to look awesome!^^

Unfortunately i can't add functions to the emulator but no worries, if you draw the mermaid parts, i can code them in! Again very much like the Preserver maker that has land and sea styled preservers you can make. It's not difficult once i get the base coding.

You're just going to have a lot of drawing to do...even if you just do say High Ones and Short elves...male and female...you'll have to redraw all the same stuff twice but proportionate. Unless it can be scaled down easily once you draw it for tall elves...But anyway we can always take it slow and gradually get it done. However you like.^^

And oh nooo that can't be the end of the comic!! It's such a cliffhanger, what happens, do they make peace or keep fighting???i don't want it to ennnnnd
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 6:36 pm

Thanx Vaeri, my, digital stuff is much work to do. I ruined my last work (Sharuk) and have to colorize this annoying guy again, AAAAAAARRRRRRGH! Mad
What will a Maker make work to do in comparison?!

" Unless it can be scaled down easily once you draw it for tall elves.."
no, won`t work. The High Ones and the short elves have totally different proportions. I will have to draw all seperate.
So maybe a Maker can be splitted into a short elves maker and a high ones maker...

Just found this one, this is the last page of the short comic, not the image from yesterday.  What a Face
It was visualized Role Playing Game, so many different guys shaped the story and I just drew all parts together.

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Scan_233

So, Vaeri, you can see that the kid interrupted the fighting and all strangers to the Go back family can see, that the kill was a dear mount, not just a feast. And this was the start of my OC`s in the RPG, lol.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 8:58 pm

I can't read it but I love the artwork!!!

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 31 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: