Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe

Go down 
+3
Yeee
Vaeri
Embala
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 am

Stunning Yeee! His eyes are sparkling with life. What I like most is that he has a 'manly face', a bit like Cutter with the distinctive slightly bigger nose and his exepression shows character. I don't like how some male elves in The Stargazer's Hunt are drawn very femininely/ladylike/tender, with tiny noses and kinda soft or bland faces, like Skywise as a High One for example. Goldruff's face is also too feminine for my taste.

You're so good at character design! I love you king

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:53 am

Prayer wrote:
Goldruff's face is also too feminine for my taste.
YUP

And about the rest I totally echo Fairyring, too! Like  Excellently done, Yeee.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 12:34 pm

Oh wow, thank you so much, you two! Very Happy Joy! I must admit that I used a Hero Forge picture as template ( or base, don`t know which word fits Smile ). That was good for the color scheme, concerning skin, shading and eyes (with the light effects) and perspective, and of course for some "manly" details in the face Razz Laughing . But using remplates trains drawing, otherwise there would be no nude drawing. But yes, the expression on Shaheers face is more elaborate than a computer-simulated 3D figure and its face like the one in Hero Forge.

It is now so much more fun to paint with colors on the tablet. Because it works so much better than my Copic markers. And it's so outrageously easy to use it to create good backgrounds. What a Face

"What I like most is that he has a 'manly face', a bit like Cutter with the distinctive slightly bigger nose and his exepression shows character. "
Heh heh, Shaheer is still the nest brother with the softer facial features, Hareesh looks even more distinctive.

"Goldruff's face is also too feminine for my taste. "
Okay, I haven't seen it like that before, but of course there is something to it.
It is said that the attractiveness of a male face depends on one feature being soft while the rest can be a bit harder or more angular. I looked at his face again. There isn't much angular with him, his lips look masculine, as do his cheeks and eyebrows. That's it, for my taste his chin could be more pronounced, but it's the pointy thing from Leetah and then a bit wider than hers. Or his nose could be slightly bigger but it is from Leetah too. He looks still like a teenager ....aaaaaah maybe this is the course why I have the feeling, that this face fur goatie doesn`t fit in his face. A mix of too young with too old?!?

Well, now that he has hair on his feminine face, then you know he's male, lol. I just don't like that goatee.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 12:55 pm

It's definitely Leetah's pointed chin I dislike for Goldruff ... and the extremely slanted eyes. Since I see less of his face I like it a bit better. XD

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Yeee wrote:
Oh wow, thank you so much, you two! Very Happy  Joy!
You're welcome!  4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 1f49a

Yeee wrote:

It is said that the attractiveness of a male face depends on one feature being soft  while the rest can be a bit harder or more angular.
Interesting theory. I didn't know that, thanks. I will look differently now, at a man's face...^^

Yeee wrote:

He looks still like a teenager ....aaaaaah maybe this is the course why I have the feeling, that this face fur goatie doesn`t fit in his face. A mix of too young with too old?!?
I feel the same...it feels rushed for him to have a beard because he really looks like a teenager...and immature in his actions and talking? Maybe I am just comparing him too much with Cutter and I really liked Cutter's personality. Even when he was so young in the beginning, before his hair updo, he seemed more mature to me and I took him more seriously as a character. I know not everybody is a fan of Tam here but I really think he had a well developed character with believable flaws, yet integrity.

Yeee wrote:

Well, now that  he has hair on his feminine face, then you know he's male, lol. I just don't like that goatee.
 Laughing ...Don't like the goatee, too
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 9:01 pm

"It's definitely Leetah's pointed chin I dislike for Goldruff..."
Yes, the design is a bit critical, but at least it's wider than Leetah's, so that's just about right for my taste. I've always found Leetah's chin unnatural and somehow ugly. It's just difficult to put the shape of a heart in a face.
concerning the linked picture of Goldruff Chad, what the hell is this weird pile of hair in front of the right ear supposed to represent? some kind of braid?
Yeee says: "Chad, we can't really see your whiskers anymore, the only hair that's well proportioned on you! Go, make your way to the hairdresser and get yourself a decent Cur Rider hairstyle! And let this chin fluff shave off or I'll chew it off!" ... she actually does it in the end...

" Maybe I am just comparing him too much with Cutter and I really liked Cutter's personality."
I suspect this will be generally Chad's problem with being compared to his father. I could well imagine that he could therefore deliberately differentiate himself from Cutter, and be a traditional wolf rider who does not intend to experiment with the "Way". Pooh! Therefore the Goatie, he will be a second Strongbow!

"...Don't like the goatee, too"
Two to one, you're outvoted Embala. Off that goatee, Chad!

As for the harpy elves, here is glorious wild  music for the campfire on the plateau of the vast Harpy Mountain (good for warshipping Haken-harpy when he is willing to shapechange from peacock-eagle in elf-harpy form and showing up at the pit fire.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 12:43 am

I wasn't sure whether you've already seen this cover teaser for Stargazer's Hunt, Yeee. Your reaction was worth reposting it!

Quote :
Yeee says: "Chad, we can't really see your whiskers anymore, the only hair that's well proportioned on you! Go, make your way to the hairdresser and get yourself a decent Cur Rider hairstyle! And let this chin fluff shave off or I'll chew it off!" ... she actually does it in the end...
rofl

Quote :
"...Don't like the goatee, too"
Voting for a full Treestump beard instead! Razz

Maybe Goldruff is supposed to be "the son who comes after Bearclaw" - just in a blonde Treestump look. And he has mistaken irrational teenage manners as the "rough Bearclaw charm". XD

Last edited by Embala on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 7:46 am

"Voting for a full Treestump beard instead! Razz

Maybe Goldruff is supposed to be "the son who comes after Bearclaw" - just in a blonde Treestump look. And he has mistakens irrational teenage manners as the "rough Bearclaw charm". XD"

OHMYGODNOOOOOOOOO! affraid "AAAAAYYYEEEEEE!" (scream)

I have seen the teaser cover before and I didn`t like Chads hairdo above and in the face.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 9:54 am

Quote :
rofl

Quote :
Yeee says: "...Don't like the goatee, too"

lol!

Quote :

Embala says: Voting for a full Treestump beard instead! Razz
Right, a more manly beard  Very Happy

Quote :

Embala says: Maybe Goldruff is supposed to be "the son who comes after Bearclaw" - just in a blonde Treestump look. And he has mistaken irrational teenage manners as the "rough Bearclaw charm". XD
This would be awesome, if he would go after Bearclaw...! cheers We need more characters with character.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 8:12 pm

Ha ha , Bearclaw -Goldcock Chad Razz

I edited my last picture entry and gave it a cool Harpy music from "Heilung". just wanted to mention it. Smile

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am

Very cool and indeed wild music! I like the tribal font design of ,,Heilung" and in the middle of the song it sounds kinda like a crow is screaming!

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 8:00 pm

A crow or a harpy elf ? "SKREEEEEE!"
In the dark autumn night , Shaheer (now with the original hairdo from the Dolldivine-Harpymaker) and his tribemates going on with celebrating at the ceremonial firepit...Shaheer does the talking and together with 2 other harpys , they go around in circles , touching each other with their wing tips.

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Shahee18

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 4:46 am

Splendid! Looking as victorious and cool as ever...,,SKREEEEEE"! XD

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 6:04 am

Yay, thanx a lot. Will have to work on it again, more errors.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Hooray, I finally made it and finished drawing my Shaheer. Thanks to the layers I now have 4 versions of him, with 2 different hairstyles and each with the pretty atavistic ceremonial headdress.
Yes I know that reminds of the QAnon idiot, but my concept of the skull-wearing harpy tribe is older than his embarrassing appearance in public. Rolling Eyes
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Shahee19
I already know where the danger lies with the tablet. In contrast to traditional drawing, you can always make corrections so that you don't get finished at all. Because you always find mistakes.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 8:22 pm

YAY! The Pinis liked the picture on Insta!Joy! Very Happy

Hero Forge's hijacked blue light is great for snow-white creatures. So I really had to make Harpy elf albino Ice at last.
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Scree233

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Scree234

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Scree235

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 8:07 pm

Finished my November picture: Hareesh the wild harpy dancer Razz , dancing to this tribal music...

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Harees14
his feathers look too much violet, I mixed 2 copics to give them Eggplant colors.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 6:30 pm

Ah I forgot to put my newest harpy stuff in here instead of putting them in my sketchbook.
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Bouque12
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Harpyg11
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Scurry11
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Shahee23

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 6:36 pm

And new stuff: inktober day 7 Trip
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Harpyt10
Soaron and a new harpy guy on a harpy trip. The black thing that the AI created was fitting to shape into Soaron... What a Face

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 8:57 am

inktober day 8 Match: Harpies That Match Each Other. She shows him her new gorgeous bird-hat. But he seems to be looking elsewhere. the AI painter makes the fashion and feathers for my harpy-elves.
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Harpie11

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 11:40 am

Yeee wrote:

4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Harpie11
This is fantastic! Looks like they're having a good time.  Smile

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 3:19 pm

They surely have.
AI generated stuff is totally weird. On the Most images You first have to "find" the shapes , that you can transform it into something useful.
But sometimes the pictures are (nearly) ready, and you can use them as they are or as background for your OCs. Like here, for example, the prompt for day 9 was: Nest. I typed in the words "harpy nest" and got so many great nest images from the AI ​​that it was a pleasure. This is my favourite. It's almost Bilbo Baggins Cave Nest quality. Well, it is as good as it gets for harpy standards.Razz
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Babyso10
Here we have Anerets nest with her chick Soaron in it I love you
who just hatched from the egg

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 7:58 am

prompt day 10 crabby, Well she looks like a lobsterharpy.
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Crabby10

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 4:02 pm

So red and fierce!

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 6:11 pm

...yup and crabby
day 11 eagle   Here we have the eagle harpy which sounds like plionasm. And he is not related to the real harpy eagle.
4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Eagleh10

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   4 - Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next