Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts

Go down 
+18
Tynami
Tymber
Prism
Lunakat
Yeee
Startear
G0lden
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Embala
Nibblet
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Sorandril [BANNED]
Outlier
Redhead Ember
Trollbabe
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 9:20 pm

I've trained at least one manager to put her mask on when she sees me coming.

But I am thinking of making some kind of face shield, possibly out of shower curtain plastic.

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Its ridiculous. No one in California is wearing the mask AT ALL, forcing me to walk down the street in a 99%+ 3m respirator because i am that set on not getting the crap.

at least i got this as an upgrade from the old MSA mask and its stupid steel cans....

Theyre making fun of me for walking down the street in the thing. Im sure 90% of those guys are about to get corona....
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 6:20 pm

They will, Sorandil, at least a lot of those laughing idiots will. We have the same idiots here too.
Today I walked a narrow, kilometers long bridge to my dearest beloved beach. And guess, besides me there was only a kid amidst the mass of people walking there, who wore a mask. The kids are more disciplined then the stupid adults.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Courts12Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Rayhan26Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Rayhan27Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Hah! You actually spelled my name properly! As you may be able to guess, in my fathers dialect there are more Rs...

LA cases are now out of control, its all over the news, and people are not giving a #$%$% about this.

They need to say it like this: Mask it or Casket.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 5:05 am

LOL, no I have written your name wrong again (sorry). Again it was Sorandil , not Sorandril. We both oversaw that. Razz

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Courts12Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Rayhan26Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Rayhan27Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 7:50 am

Mask It or Casket sounds like a good slogan.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Also Six Feet Apart of Six Feet Under.

Good news on the shopping front. We are starting to see just slightly more arrivals of disinfectant products. Hand sanitizer is now plentiful, as is liquid hand soap.

Disposable wipes are still in short supply. Trollhubby was in the hospital often enough for me to see where they are all going. Hospitals before households.

Again, disinfectants like Pine-Sol and Mister Clean are good substitutes. Just dilute and fill store-bought spray bottles, and wipe with paper towels.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 7:10 pm

There are some young fools who think they can't get Covid 19 and have parties.

Then their are the fools that go to hang out in large groups because they are bored and need to go to the south fork of the Yuba River.

Meanwhile the company I work for still can't figure out how to allow us to work from home.

Even my Cardiologist isn't to happy that I have to take the bus to work, (I get a ride home). Masks are required on the bus and there are usually only 2 to 3 people on the bus.

So I do all my shopping as early as possible try to avoid large crowds. I also carry two masks in my purse.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 8:10 pm

I wish all of our customers were like you, GOlden.

I feel as though I am dealing with children. Masks are available just about everywhere. Thousands of masks, gaiters and face shields are available online. The price of disposable masks has dropped, while cloth masks widely available in stores. Yet people expect me to provide them with masks if they walk in and act like they have no idea what's going on.

Masking in this community is now mandatory. Admitting customers into a business without masks is like allowing minors to buy cigarettes. The news warns of surprise inspections.

On the plus side, manufacturers with licensing rights to cartoon characters and superheroes are now selling children's washable masks in stores. Corporations and charities have long been aware that masks are a great new way to advertise.

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Ya know,bandanas,scarves and large headbands can also double as masks if ya can't find one. I'm one of those 'essential workers' even if I didn't qualify for unemployment. At least one good thing has come out of this whole mess..........................it exposed the Atomic Tangerine for the incompetent failure most of us already knew since the '80's and people are getting beyond fed up with the Alt-Right. That pack of Apocalypse-lovin' Evangelicals,overly militarized police,Zero Tolerance,Abstinence Only,science deniers,gerrymandered,voter suppression, pack of hypocrites who'd gladly sell us all out to Russia, then call themselves patriots and us Unamerican. They're all getting exposed and even better,their approval ratings are falling fast.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks, but as I stated at the beginning of this thread:

Trollbabe wrote:
I'd really like to avoid politics. Even if I didn't vote for my federal, state and local leaders, I listen to what they have to say, do my own research, and then work with the decisions they have handed down.

As for religion, Trollhubby is a retired Evangelical preacher.

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Cool guy:

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 2:04 pm

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Had to take Trollhubby to the ER again, blood pressure dropped dangerously low.  He is home now and improving.

For those of you in areas of the world in which Coronavirus is not yet in decline, as in many American states, here are some things to expect when you or a loved one is taken to the hospital.

Suppose you need to go to the emergency room for something minor, like a sprained ankle.  You weren't hurt on the job and your employer isn't already taking you to the facility that's on their plan.

Consider one of the commercial emergency clinics.  You should already know which one takes your insurance.  If not, look it up now.

Hospital emergency departments operate on triage.  It doesn't matter who came in first.  It matters who needs to be seen fastest.  For example, if you are breathing and conscious, you are going to be placed behind someone who is not.

Use your best judgment as far as calling an ambulance.  When in doubt, call 911.  The rule in our home is if he can walk, we take the car.  You should already have this priority clearly set with your household.

Once you get to the ER, expect greater delays than usual because of Coronavirus precautions.

I already knew that the ER would be busier in August because of outdoor activities like sports, swimming and lawn mowing, and because of heat-related emergencies like heart attacks, sunstroke, food poisoning from picnic food left out too long.  There were about fifteen people, including family members.

But we had to wait a few minutes to get a wheelchair.  Once he was in a wheelchair, we had to wait an hour or two for an emergency department room.

The current hospital policy is one visitor per day.  As with all other health care facilities, someone will take your temperature at the door and only admit you if you are wearing a mask.  You may be given a wristband marking you as that patient's designated visitor.

If you can't wear a mask or a face shield, you will not be able to accompany a patient into an emergency room.  You may need to designate someone else to go with them.

They had beds in the hall for people who did not need to be hooked up to an IV or a monitor right away.  It does make you feel guilty when someone who was ahead of you is in the hallway while your family member is in a room already, but that's how it is nowadays.

Trollhubby got a pediatric room.  This is the second time it's happened.  It just means they have more adults than adult rooms.

It was several more hours before he got a regular hospital room.  Expect long delays here.  You could end up spending the whole night in the ER waiting for a bed to be available.

Trollhubby had surgery and had to wait in the surgical unit for a hospital room.  I was not allowed to visit him in that area, even though I had a mask and a wristband.  I ended up spending several hours in a small waiting room.  It had a TV, a water cooler and a power outlet for my phone and E-book, but there was nothing on which to take a nap.  Remind me to add a sleeping bag to my ER kit.  Smile

Some units of the hospital will be quarantined for people with Coronavirus.  This creates a serious shortage of beds.  The housekeeping staff will be working their butts off getting the remaining rooms ready.

If you are a visitor, read the signs!  Hospitals have uniformed security who are not likely to make exceptions if you walk around without a mask or try to enter certain areas without permission.

Don't assume anything.  Ask for instructions.  Remember that the nursing staff is in charge and that visiting is a privilege.

Thank everyone.  They are juggling extra duties on top of their normal routine.  They are also getting steady complaints from people who don't understand that there is a pandemic going on.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 11:27 am

If things ever get back to a semblance of normal, I'm going to definitely go through with the vacation plans I was sorting before things went Jumanji. Taking a train from here to San Diego, then riding the rail from there to Seattle, and u-turning right back around.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 7:07 pm

That sounds like fun! Trains are my favorite form of public transportation. I think it would be fun to go coast-to-coast across Canada, then across the USA in the opposite direction.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 11:16 pm

This weekend marked the beginning of Bath Tissue Panic 2.0. Those of us who lived through the 1970s gas lines know that things could be far worse. There are also new restrictions in some states on social gatherings.

I have elected to be the household Grinch. My husband can tell his best friend that we will not be getting together for the holidays, because I say so, which takes the pressure off of him

Trollhubby sees lots of doctors, but has stayed out of the ER and the hospital for two and a half months.

Masks, gaiters and face shields are now widely available in many sizes and styles. Hand sanitizer is plentiful. Anything that says "Lysol" or "Clorox" is in short supply in the US I rely upon store-brand disinfectants, so it doesn't bother me.

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 12:22 am

Wish things were back to normal back here in Texas... stores are packed, people are walking around without masks all over the place and they wonder why the numbers are doubling?!? 

Sigh... 

My daughter just got a positive Covid test and so did a close friend... worried.

Here staying inside as much as the family can and lots of veggies and vitamins. Staying the same weight, but hubby has gained 20lbs. 

Sigh... what a year...

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Kat-s166Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Kat-s168Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Kat-s167Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 3:23 pm

All good wishes for your daughter and your friend, Kat. *hug* Be safe and stay well.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 4:39 pm

yes, from me too. all good wishes for your daughter!

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:34 am

Prayers for your daughter and friend.

Its amazing just how much I seem to be missing while I'm away at school. Its almost like living in a little bubble, since I personally choose to restrict how much news I read or watch (for my stress levels). While I'm aware of how states are shutting down again, it seems surreal and like I'm not a part of it.

We have our concerns too and huge changes have been made on campus. We have some of the strictest guidelines when it comes to colleges (being a private institution with an already strict conservative rule set helps) that has kept our numbers down extremely low. Masks everywhere, quarentine policies that saw me put away for a week at one point, and the fact that we are not coming back post thanksgiving.

Yet somehow it still seems less real, because we have managed to keep the numbers down and still meet with out teachers in person. Going home for Christmas is going to be a shock to the system.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 3:09 pm

Have a good Advent and Christmas time with your friend, Evie. Stay safe!

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 12:43 am

Packmates, even if you follow all precautions against Coronavirus, please remember to get your flu shot! Any case of the flu puts more pressure on medical staff and facilities.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Got my flu shot today.
Took me less than 30 seconds.
Plus 30 minutes for the way there and back.
More than 30 days to get the appointment! (lack of vaccines)

... so much for "EVERYONE should get vaccinated! Rolling Eyes

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:14 am

Sorry to hear that. We usually get ours in September or October, at the drugstore. There was no delay at the time. But this was before the news was telling everyone to get vaccinated, regardless of all the precautions we are taking against COVID-19.

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next