Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
+11
Prayer
Tynami
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Sofia
wolfmoonsky
jaRf
Sifra
Evil Evie
Embala
PCoquelin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 am

WOW !

Thank you for your vision, Prayer !

I'm pretty sure Embala..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 PC653_DCA2_SuntopAv

..will go into some detailed description I will LOVE reading!

Ice world..

It reminded me of this :

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 9:48 am

I'm just illustrating what you wonderfully envisioned for US, PC. Thank you for your magnificent, futuristic TALES - drawing your self elf and his family has been an honor.

Any suggestions what I can improve next time? I can adept and will joyfully do so. I love your futuristic self elf. He's amazing. I have always loved Suntop/Sunstream...a well developed character.

Looking forward to an inspiring description by Embala as well! I absolutely love everything she is writing with her golden feather <3

PS.: I looked this dubstep song by Lindsey! This video's when I recognised her talent and awesome music style! She's rocking the violin and makes classical crossover hip and cool!
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 11:43 am

Prayer wrote:
Any suggestions what I can improve next time?

My mind does not work that way, dear.

You draw..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 PC847_MoreThanFear

..you choose.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Happy that you are happy with my drawing of your self elf. And thanks for the artistic freedom, PC! Your detailed description before was great for sparking my imagination.

Next time I would like to include Ember, because the twins have such a strong bond. Also, wanna draw fur-fur. :-)
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 am

Prayer wrote:
Next time I would like to include Ember, because the twins have such a strong bond. Also, wanna draw fur-fur. :-)

Feel free, dear!

Just know I integrated your coloured Sunstream+Brill+Korafay as an illustration in one of my latest futuristic tale.

Hint: Artists progress first and foremost by educating their 'eye'..
..and by TRYING, trying, trying, again, again, and again.

In Art, never aim at 'perfection'..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 12036710

..but perfect yourself, instead.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 am

Such wise words! They hold truth.

The WAY is...

...the key...

Thank you very much, dear friend.
Also feeling so honoured you used my art as an illustration to your latest tale! Wow! *blushes and then... smiles*

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 7:22 am

WOW Shocked

Just WOW for sunstream in black and the Iceworld background. A shimmering blue and black and white - whirling and floating for the world and clear and sharp for Sunstream. I cannot tell where glacier ground and icy mountains stop and the starlit sky with lightning and cold aurora borealis starts. Both is possible and it sparks imagination.

The saber glows cold blue like its born on this world. Sunsteam's form and lines are distinctly defined.  Strong black, shiny silk - or is it a futuristic metal fabric? - in hues of blue and green .. a frozen reminiscence of aurora borealis. Cold grey metal, technical accessories highlighted by golden parts maching the sunny top. They bring warm light in the scene together with the velvet brown skin. The snow pattern on shoes and legs is grounding him ... makes this appearance on Iceworld a real, a physical one.

Brill adds warmth to. She's ... earthen. I love that you have kept her warm red-brown hue. Just a bit of technical advice here and there. The fins ... don't work too well for me. The way they are they belong neither to the body nor to the outfit. Maybe next time try ... to leave them actually free ... or cover them (they may be re-shaped away?) ... or make them part of her suit - a technical reminiscence of what was. Just suggestions. Possibilities. There's no unsecurtity in her expression and pose. She know for long where she belongs to. The determination and fearlessnes she showed at Korafay's birth is her true nature now.

Korafay - fearlessness and joy she is. She's trusting this world, is open for what it may bring ... almost a part of her colorwise and with her floating embrace. She can adept everywhere. I like her sholder fins and the carefulles shaded skin.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 7:30 am

You know ... what's happening right now ...

this art thread ...
... the self elf creation ...
... PC's story telling
and the illustrations ...

Art brings talk brings fiction brings art brings talk ...

This mutual inspiration is what I've loved most on the Scroll. The interaction between tribemates and the growth and blossoming. Thank you, Prayer for your joy and eagerness.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 9:01 am

Embala wrote:
This mutual inspiration is what I've loved most on the Scroll. The interaction beween tribemates and the growth and blossoming.

Part of what sharing may bring.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Thank you very much. Glad you like the pastel pieces. I fell in love with Elfmom's wonderful, wonderful Elfquest Pastel Art many years ago as a child...always wanted to try it as well. It's all about smudging...it is fun. The dry and chalk-like pastels scared me before...but I could only try.

@Embala: Thank you so much for your wonderful, deep evaluation *blush* and your advice for improvement. I really appreciate because when I look and concentrate at an artwork for a longer period of time I may become blind to the obvious...I added the fins on Brill's legs afterwards, shortly before coloring. I shouldn't have. Doesn't really suit the outfit. Your suggestions are all good ideas! Let's see what Brill will 'get' out of these.  I love you

I also think it's great how there is mutual inspiration here.  I love you  You guys ROCK!  cheers  Thank you so much for the art inspiration. It means a lot. I absolutely love how CURIOSITY and IMAGINATION is rewarded here *smiles at PC*.

Next I will draw two beautiful elf ladies:

Future Brill

Vaeri with wolfrider outfit

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Prayer wrote:
I also think it's great how there is mutual inspiration here.  I love you  You guys ROCK!  cheers  Thank you so much for the art inspiration. It means a lot. I absolutely love how CURIOSITY and IMAGINATION is rewarded here *smiles at PC*.

Smiling back at you, dear.

If you're interested...
Well, my eldest niece, Lucile, is 17 years old and she WANTS to make a living by drawing.
And, some days ago, she surprised me MUCH, by revealing a nastily efficient trick she had discovered all by herself, in order to improve her drawings.
Simple :
She asks someone she does NOT like.. to criticize one of her drawings, while pretending it was drawn by one of her girlfriends (yes: my niece HAS a strange mindset).
Then she carefully notes the reactions, the feelings, asking about this or that part of the drawing, the proportions, the posture, etc.
After that, following ONLY the remarks she AGREED with, she takes her drawing back and, by TRANSPARENCY, she corrects the basis of the drawing, and then she completes it all.
She showed me three such 'revised' drawings, and the initial ones, and I was ASTONISHED. The results were AWESOME ( but she would not let me photograph or scan her drawings - cautious, already, isn't she? )
A step-by-step approach, proving her curiosity and imagination.

Prayer wrote:
Next I will draw two beautiful elf ladies:

I'm eager to admire that !

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 9:13 am

What a clever niece you have!
Thanks for sharing, PC!

I would love to see her works someday.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 7:34 pm

Whenever you find time, Fairyring ... or be bored - I'd love to see Tynami.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 7:41 pm

very lovely arts as always Prayer! Sunstream and family look brillant, in sketch and color!

Cutter/Foxfur looks...well she still looks very very much like just Foxfur to me!^^0 an AU version perhaps...maybe Cutter had been born as Foxfur instead, and their souls fused together...ahh, imagine how the recognition with Skywise would have gone then! mwahahaha.

and that's a very interesting but mature tactic your niece is using! i could never stand to hear critiques from someone i really didn't like...it'd make me dislike them even more.

looking forwards to the more stuffs! i am...slowly...working bit by bit on my things...like my Line of Chief profiles...not sure when art will get done. too stressed with a sudden move looming before me...^^0 but it's wonderful to see this lovely art and read your guys discussion!!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Excellent choice, Embala; I have a weakness for mermaids / wavedancers, you know... <3 I shall portray Chieftess TYNAMI!

@Vaeri: Thank you so much for the love and commenting! Foxfur really stands out, right? The soul fusing *cough* you suggested *cough* was... interesting! ;-)

Btw, I am in the process of drawing brand new leathers for beautiful elf self VAERI! <3

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 8:34 am

I put a request first!

An underwater dance scene with beautiful VAERI, chieftess TYNAMI and wise EMBALA. <3 (Outlines)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkm0u0jjk0o/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1g8udakomjryj

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 6:48 pm

I love you

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 4:48 am

Thank you for the love, Embala! <3

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Oh wow!! That image turned out amazing, we all look so great together!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 6:50 am

Thank you katcombs! Glad you like her. I love the red hued color palette of your elf self and that's why I would love to draw her in color! <3
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 am

New VAERI and TYNAMI drawing!

They're anime style, just for a new twist. Also I get somehow sick and tired if I draw in another artist's (Wendy's) style for too long...

... which gets me thinking. Elfmom has this really unique hybrid drawing style of mixing western comic elements and anime elements. She said in an interview she got totally fascinated of Japanese manga drawing styles and that it influenced her like nothing else. However her drawings look like a 50:50 hybrid? Like...you can't say it's the one or the other... western or manga/anime. Do you feel the same about her style?

I'd say it would have been easier to having made it into a movie if the drawing style had been either fully western comic (Marvel) style OR fully anime/manga style!

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 am

VAERI and TYNAMI colored. Added a little background colour. I like them as anime girls...do you like the twist? I know they're some anime fans here...Wink

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlKnwqfhrQd/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wiu9ss02i5m5

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Love them as anime girls Smile Quite fitting for them. They look amazing in color!!  I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you The black and white version doesn't work Sad

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm

awww... b/w one is gone. :/ worked some days ago, tho.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 5:38 am

Yay, glad you like them as anime girls, katcombs! Thank you for the kind words <3... I'm quite relieved because I am fond of colourful anime drawing lately. ^^ As much as I may be loving Elfmoms style I don't want to find myself just copying her lines again and again. Instead in order to grow I want to give the elves my personal style. However sometimes I really enjoy to explore other artist's styles...it's a way of gaining a new perspective. To me, essentially, it's all about variety, exploring and gaining multiple perspectives on a subject or theme.

I guess that's why I love Elfquest (huuuuge variety of characters wrapped up in one big story and arcs), anime (the most funny/crazy/weird/disturbing/hilarious/cute stories, plots and character designs on earth I believe)!

Sorry for deleting the outlines. It's gone. Sometimes I just delete what I don't like anymore or find boring. I remember you like to see a work in progress so I won't do it again next time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: