Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
+11
Prayer
Tynami
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Sofia
wolfmoonsky
jaRf
Sifra
Evil Evie
Embala
PCoquelin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 10:18 am

Oh no!!! *sigh* Was anyone able to save it? I found a tiny version on google search, but it's difficult to tell. Wish I could have seen it... 

I donno what it is about the process of drawing that fascinates me, but I just love it.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 5:30 am

Oh no! So sorry I messed this up, katcombs! I'm working on another drawing of TYNAMI and be assured I'll share outlines and coloured version no matter what! Smile Your elf-self is inspiring! Looking so fierce, sexy, strong and... like a BOSS!

She's a chieftess after all Very Happy <3

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 am

New TYNAMI drawing! Going to color this lovely redhead soon <3 Hope you like!

Pencil scetch
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlmrAyOjxND/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=92cwo8r0xs55

Inked Outlines
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bln-twTDTPG/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=yvb4tn8lw8si
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Oh wow!! Oh wow!! Oh wow!!! She turned out so amazing!! I love how she turned out and thank you so much for drawing her again. She really looks stunning!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 3:15 am

Yay! I will have more fun coloring her now I know you like her. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 1:39 pm

Prayer I like her posture. It's so elegant! You're really good at that!

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 6:58 am

Thank you Sifra! I'm still learning. Getting the right posture I find hard because of perspective and I always draw the head too big when I first try to get a draft of a full body shot. ^^

I love how your beautiful art is so vivid and shows the personalities of the characters so well! Your comics are also soooo freakin' funny and cool! Naked Cutter was the best! Haha! I may sound like a pervert now...XD

Beautiful chieftess TYNAMI is colored! I used a new color medium I never tried before...I really need to draw her close-up next time to catch the many color hues of her eyes...

TYNAMI (colored)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlxURVlDKfg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ltsx89qrzdb5

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 1:10 pm

I also have the problem of the heads turning out bigger than I want when I draw Elfquest style. The proportions of this style are difficult but also it's one of the things I like about Elfquest.
I'm glad you like my comics. Smile

Tynami's coloring is very beautiful. They do make her look like she is a woman with a strong personality.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 5:36 pm

There...so I'm not the only one with this "bad habit" of drawing big heads. ^^ But Elfquest sure does look unique and alien. Well
... technically most elves are fully extraterrestrial beings on Abode.

Your comics are amazing! Most people don't even know how much hard work is behind a few comic panels...I tried it once and it was pretty much exhausting...much respect! Excellent humour, too. Very Happy

Thank you for your kind comment on Tynami. Credit goes to Katcombs for designing her...I also adore her and especially red color theme (I have a thing for redheads - they're indeed powerful characters with appealing looks and mostly a strong and passionate personality <3)! She's such a beautiful alter ego elf...and has a well developed background as well.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Yes, I love the fact that the elves are really aliens, and that you can clearly see that they are not humans in their design. They really do look unique and alien.

I do take shortcuts in my comics sometimes, and I often end up regretting it. Razz I struggle sometimes between wanting to finish something (when I know I won't have time in the upcoming days/weeks) and wanting to take more time for a comic page. It's a shame that it takes so long because I love visual storytelling. Even with the flaws of Final Quest, I'd never be able to make something like Elfquest.

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 8:21 pm

EEK!! I finally got a little time and I amazed at the beauty you made of Tynami. She looks so strong and vulnerable, yet ready to jump and fight at the same time... she just looks amazing. On here I can see more detail in the shoulder... I love how you did that. The wraps were original for her birds to land on so her forearm and shoulder don't get all torn up by the claws. The pattern there is beautiful and would still protect very well, love um! I think the anime style for her is just right... Thank you again for drawing her. Got the rest of today and tomorrow off... gonna go through my elves and thinking about spriting some canon characters.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 5:15 am

@Sifra: I know this problem with shortcuts! Just so impatient to spit all the creativity out haha.
.and then it ends in a mess (with me, not you, your works are amazing...!).

You say you will never be able to make a comic...never say never! I find your visual storytelling really professional, fun to read and your comics do what comics are supposed to do: they entertain.

Your comics are HELLA ENTERTAINING! <3

Please don't stop! You have it all in you!

Maybe ink your drawings and make a webtoon? I read on LINE WEBTOON all kinds of comics and genres. There's a huge fantasy comic section as well.

https://m.webtoons.com/en/

Everybody can submit a comic there and even make money with it if the audience becomes big enough. Some people are drowning in the discovery area (the place for new comic artists) and some gain a huge audience right away! You never know unless you try...

Short description on how to start your own comic (you keep you copyright):
https://aminoapps.com/c/k-drama/amp/blog/how-to-upload-webtoons-on-line-webtoons/moGs_ku0PVaok8k7KK64wpYlvWLR5a3

I'd love to create my own webtoon as well. I have a story in my head...it's a huge fantasy story about a post apocalyptic world:

Humans hide in the underground because of a nuclear catastrophe and while they're hiding for centuries, something happens on the surface. Magical creatures come to life, born by the fruits of a gigantic tree like elves, mermaids, centaurs and living humanoid plants. They restore the earth. Over the centuries, myth becomes reality and humanity becomes myth. ^^

Then the humans appear again the surface and have to "prove" they want peace and not destroy the earth again. But they are not welcome and face prejudices. The hero, an elf-human-hybrid wants to unite humanity and all magical races in peace..however her twin brother sees his elf side as superior and her own brother becomes the villain, wanting to destroy humanity (what's left of it). Sorry for rambling about the stories in my head. ^^

I hope you will create your own comic one day. Just step by step, without the need of hard deadlines. Publish it somewhere online on a comic platform to gain an audience faster. Your characters would be so alive and amazing....and with funny quirks. I can tell by your Elfquest fanfiction storytelling.

You have the potential to be a GREAT comic artist. <3

@katcombs: So happy you like the version of TYNAMI! I love how you describe her wraps around her arm to be a protective landing for wild birds! She's so amazing... always more fascinating the more I read about this passionate chieftess.

I want to draw her with a bird's landing on her arm...! *-*

She's so cool! <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 2:31 pm

That's okay, Prayer. I love people who ramble on about their own stories.
Your story sounds very interesting. I like the part where her own brother becomes the enemy. And I love stories with both fantasy and sci fi elements. Do you have character designs for your characters, yet?

I already have my own comic. I'm still improving my art, and I don't always have the time to work on all the elements. A comic page is just a lot of work, and like you said, sometimes you just want to continue the story. Smile
Also I don't update regularly so that's why I have not submitted it to a webcomic site. I do upload it to my Deviantart gallery.
Anyway... Sifra's comic
I don't want to take over your thread with my ramblings so I will make my own thread in the non Elfquest part of the forum. Smile

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 10:06 pm

Wow, Sifra! You ALREADY have an awesome comic online! It's about a noble mouse! How cool is that..? Such a huge cast of interesting characters (wow, his father seems to be very unsympathetic - poor Frank!).

I am just speechless at how professional your comic looks. Inked, neat and clean. I also admire how you use many dots as a shading and the style of drawing mouses, soft and vivid in expression and body language.

I saved it (added the link to my mobile homescreen) and want to read it all as soon as possible! Unfortunately it's so late right now, I have to force myself to sleep or I will not functioning properly tomorrow. A bit bad if you have two kids! Man, why is sleep so boring and necessary when you have better things to do...Very Happy

I understand that you don't publish on a webtoon platform if you update not regularly. But I know comics there who have breaks for months like one of my favourites 'Helios Femina'. Yet there are still many fans who are willing to wait (a cliffhanger might work haha). Anyway I am still happy your comic is online - the platform doesn't really matter for me. Yay!

You're an exceptional artist - a comic is SO MUCH WORK indeed. I see lots of pages on your Deviant Art. Wow. Much respect. I wish I could be productive like that. *bows* *-*

Concerning my story idea, thanks for liking the villain twin twist lol...I wrote a summary for three books in novel form which I would like to go parallel with comic form. I feel more secure if I have a written base before I even go into the painfully hard work of drawing a whole story.

Here's a character design of the hero as a child. Her name is Felia. She is inspired by my son Felix and looks like a female version of him. ^^
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgd_n2KFVoP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1u1mpv9l0joeu

I also find anatomy pretty hard when I have to draw from different perspectives I never drew before. Your drawings are so naturally and all kinds of perspective drawings you mastered beautifully. <3

I'm so in love with good stories. Whether it be books, movies, manga, webtoons or as well a comic on Deviant Art...:-)

Good idea to make a new thread about this topic...such a bad habit of mine to jump from topic to topic. It's interesting though. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 pm

I like it that Frank has a difficult relationship with his father. I think it's an interesting story element. Smile

Thank you for the compliment on my inking. I worked hard to learn to ink like this, and I like working in black and white and with the dots.

I would love it if you read my comic! I am glad you are willing to read it even though it is on DA and not on a comic platform. Maybe I should try putting it up on webtoons. It would be nice to have readers. Razz DA is not very active anymore.
I understand not having enough time. I have many things I love to do but often I am too tired from work and taking care of my children.

I have tried writing, also, and in my experience writing and drawing are two very different ways of story telling. I never managed to make comics about the characters I wrote about, and I can't write about my mice, either. Because when I think up stories for my mice I think visually. Often, when I make my storyboards, I don't even bother to write down the text until the last minute. Razz But this is just my experience. Everybody has their own creative process.
I studied animation for two years and that helped a lot with anatomy, and also with creating movement in the figures, which I think is important in a comic. (I switched back to comics because animation takes up even more time...Razz)

Felia looks very cute! How funny that your son inspired you. My youngest daughter also inspired me in some aspects of Franks behavior.

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 10:32 am

I agree Sifra, your comic does look great! I have book marked it too for future reading. I like deviant art for its rich backlogs of content, but I'm kind of glad that it's not as popular and other places have popped up to feature comics. I really have a hard time navigating deviant art. I have to really really want to read a comic to continue with it.

That being said, you'll never see me in deviant art or webtoons, maybe fanfiction.net or wattpad though.

I haven't looked at everything in a while. Your drawings continue to be stunning Prayer! Any ideas for more? Or could I offer inspiration in a request?

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am

Thank you Evie for the bookmarking. Smile I understand you have troubles navigating DA. It took me a long time to figure it all out and every time they update I am completely lost again. Embarassed

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Felia is adorable!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 2:46 am

goodness, i never posted in this thread in so long? for shame!!! T_T though the move was quite stressful...ah well, water under the bridge now.

i gotta admit it's interesting to see Vaeri in the anime style, though not particularly to my tastes...which is strange cause i love anime!! perhaps it's just this particular style..? but you captured her outfit beautifully, and i do love her hard expression!

i'm going to save the mer-trio picture, and the lineart for the 2nd Tynami cause my goodness, that is GORGEOUS!! my god, the pose is just...lovely! fantastic!^^

also this thread reminded me about my promise to you Prayer about redrawing my AU Line of Chief's for Vaeri's universe and the profiles...i'm happy to say i'm back to work on that now, and the timing is fantastic cause i'm currently on my days off...^^

so i look forward to posting my colorings again, and i hope you'll come back and draw some more if you can! your are is always such a pleasure to look at, and as was said long back in the thread...i dearly love how this art sparks so much interaction between us all.<3 i'm reminded of how much i've missed you guys while i was gone!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 3:14 pm

*looking forward to it* Smile

... and even this is not exactly the right thread: Welcome back, Vaeri! sunny

Crabby *hoping for Fairyring to show up, too*

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 1:13 am

aaaand i'm back again! with more colorings!^^ this time i finally got to do the Mer trio! Vaeri, Tynami and Embala, all enjoying a nice swim! the sketch was a bit fuzzy on details..but it's a nice little coloring.

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 Mer-tr10
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Back again, too! Wow, Vaeri! It's beautiful as always! I am so happy to see the picture coming alive thanks to you! 💜💙 I love the vibrant colours and that you gave your self self the same color palette for her wave dancer look as in your profile picture! 💜💙 Maybe for the sake of easier coloring I should do a more bold outline of characters next time...☺

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Glad to see you back Prayer! You've been missed. And it's not so much bold lines as just visible detail i require. The picture was a bit small so the details got blurred when i zoomed in.

But i'm so happy you like it! I always worry if my coloring will meet your approval and i waited with baited breath for your responses :p

I did indeed go with her palette for the sake of simplicity..plus teal and blue are her trademark colors! I had such a hard time finding Tynami's colors though. Thank gods for Foxeyes on DA who drew her once upon a time! I'm thinking i should make a color palette sheet of every character i do...make it easier when i color them.

Though i think i may be running out of elves to color in this thread!*winkwink* XD
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 5:59 am

Aww I missed you too, friend!I love you It's still hard for me to balance family life with two little kids and my hobbies. But Elfquest is often in the back of my mind.

Ah okay it is the size of the picture that makes it harder to color. I will have an eye on this next time I upload. 😊🙏

I want you to know that I really really DELIGHT in seeing your wonderful, coloured versions. I absolutely LOVE THEM and feel honoured that you chose my picture to color. You have a talent for picking good color palettes to make a scene or portrait look harmonious. Also it looks so vibrant! You make the characters come more alive. 😍

I love the trademark colours of your Vaeri. They are fresh and beautiful. Close to my favourite colours which are sky blue and light pink. I think the color palettes for Foxeye and Embala are beautifully chosen as well. If you make a color palette sheet...do you mind sharing with a picture? I would love to see. 😊🙏💜💙I love you💖

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 8:42 am

Awesomeness! Very Happy Fairyring and you make a good team, Vaeri. Very Happy I always enjoy this kind of interaction and mutual inspiration. *agrees about the vibrance and liveliness*

It shows that Vaeri is your girl. You are sure about her colors, her flow of light and shadow and which details should show. Vaeri is a sea jewel.
Fire in the water for Tynami - she beams in her traditional colors! I think you've nailed her. Wink *will give katcombs a heads-up once she's back from her honeymoon*
You add to the many faces of Embala. With the ocean blue tail and a mane like sea foam she's a true creature of the seas. Smile I'm pretty sure you've taken Tamarian's wonderful gift portrait as an inspiration (Tah-Marien on Deviant).

In case you collect input for a "color palette sheet" - the truest colors of Merbala (her mertail form) you can see in my recent banner - in the big group shot she's second to last and second. Mostly teal green with lighter hues of green, spiced with a bit of blue. Her hair is supposed th have a light blue hue with a silvery shine.
Embala as herself likes forest greens with black and silvery grey accents. Same hair color as Merbala. Both of them tend to grab  greenish turquoise at times. Blue and silver are kinda her variant colors.
Last not least my banner proves that Embala is changabes and up for experiments. ^^
*must bring back this Embala Collection Thread*

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next