Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What have you discovered today?

Go down 
+9
Kojiyumi
Trollbabe
Leanan
Redhead Ember
Tynami
Embala
Yeee
Sifra
Rainflower
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

What have you discovered today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 5:57 pm

Well I think we saw this coming, since the most posts you made concerns ranting about this shitty job of yours. I have the impresson that it eats you up and that there is not much room for good things in yout life (I hope it`s not that way). It`s about time that you have the possiblilty to live and share stuff that is more nice for you.
(Written without any translator What a Face )

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 6:28 pm

@Embala I am 100% certain that I need a job with colleagues that doesn't just appear on your shift because your boss wanna save money on having only one on work at the time. Working with several people is do much more stimulating.
And in time I've come to realise that I wanna turn towards the health sector at some point. I don't know what direction yet, but I'll figure it out.
I sort of like the creative part of my job, but I don't need to be creative at work, I can save that for freetime. There's a difference between living for something and making something your living.

@Yeee I know, I've been ranting too much about my job, so it's no surprise 😅
But you're right. And I've known it for too long, but it hasn't been that easy to just quit. It's gonna be a little easier now that I'm moving in with Boi and he's being 100% supportive about it. And he's definitely making my daily life easier about my job, but he too has seen my job draining me.
And it has. I've been having this feeling that it will never be good enough, that boss will always demand more and never get satisfied. That's her motto, we can always get better.

And you guys really helps too💕💕Thank you so much, both for surviving my complaints and backing up.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 7:43 pm

heh heh we will survive a little bit longer-no worries.
Hey, you can rant as much as you wish, I didn`t want to stop you-go on ranting , it is a necessary outlet for your frustration(As we say it in Germany: "ein notwendiges Ventil für den Frust" (again so much Denglish)
So good that you have your "boi" Like

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Quote :
I sort of like the creative part of my job, but I don't need to be creative at work, I can save that for freetime. There's a difference between living for something and making something your living.
Sounds familiar. I love to be creative and was a "crafts person" and hobbyist as long as I can think back. And as a teen I've decided to "make my living" with something completely differnt - whatever has no connection to my hobbies. Ended up in a bankhouse - no bank advisor but auditor and organisator. ^^

Quote :
And you guys really helps too. Thank you so much, both for surviving my complaints and backing up.
That's an essential part of what the Scroll always was and what Kin's Fathertree Halt was made for.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 1:37 pm

You know, I actually once in the past had a dream of my own workshop where I fixed furniture a d painted for sale.
But I realize now many years later that turning your passion into your income isn't always a good idea. You'll risk loosing your passion for it.

Mom wanted me to get a flower shop on my own once, but if I did that, I bet I would have to do this non-stop thinking and worrying for income and things like that.
Mom means well, but I know now what's best for me.

In the Corona period I kept thinking about those health staff and caretakers all over, and I found myself wishing to be one of those. They did their best taking care of the suffering people and gave their time, and while there were people voluntary helped out, i was stuck at the flowershop that had to put people on permite to keep things going.

Sorry, here I am ranting again😆
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm

Quote :
But I realize now many years later that turning your passion into your income isn't always a good idea. You'll risk loosing your passion for it.
THIS was exactly the reason for my personal decision, Rainflower. Keeping my hobby FUN.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 5:58 pm

Embala wrote:

THIS was exactly the reason for my personal decision, Rainflower. Keeping my hobby FUN.

We're better off living double lives😁
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 11:04 am

Growing up I used to cook ramen, then drain the water THEN put on the powder, cooking 3:30....

Last few years I've been putting the powder in with the water and cooking it for 3:30

Today I put the powder on the dry ramen, then added water, cooked it for 4:00. without draining....

AMAZING! So good!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 pm

Are you talking actual Ramen or just the noodles?
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 9:35 pm

Rainflower wrote:
Are you talking actual Ramen or just the noodles?

Ramen noodles... realized after I posted that I didn't make it clear, eek. Plus the time is on the microwave.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 6:43 am

I'm embarrassed to say I've never actually tasted through Ramen noodles.
I wanna try😋
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 3:47 am

That if I quit in the store, they might not make it another year.

I was by my college told that we're not that well economical, and I haveva feeling my boss might not manage to find a replacement that's not educated. In time I guess she could, but the big issue is that now at days it's hard to find someone who's NOT a student worker.

However, she has made it hard for us. Now at days she's mostly on repeated vacation. I know she's practically retired, but she's still responsible for her employers.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 12:11 pm

Well, not exactly today, but the other day I sort of realised that I hadn't really paid much attention to who is gonna play the 14th Doctor, though I did vaguely recall something about a black guy.
So, I went and looked it up and... he's younger than I am!
Gave me a bit of an existential crisis.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 6:27 pm

I wasn't against having a female doctor.
I was just dissapointed she looked so normal.
I wish they had picked a more quirky looking one.

Not sure what to think about the 14th though...
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 1:36 pm

I'm sooo quitting in the flower shop before December!

I can't stand the thought of working another Christmas there😫
Or Mother's Day and Valentine
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 1:49 pm

cathat *hugs and holds*

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 9:27 pm

Just learned these existed!

I found out these little buggers are infesting the downtown river... I've actually seen them before and thought someone dropped a candy covered ball, but it was a snail covered in eggs, YUCK!! Glad I didn't pick it up.

What have you discovered today? - Page 3 Screen14

Last edited by Tynami on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 9:15 am

cool!

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 11:01 am

Wow😳
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:48 pm

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 5:33 pm

That series now at days are both really creative, and not so creative when it comes to using flowers to create something unique in environments.
In Star Wars new series Andor, they're using a red flower called protea in a flower arrangement, and in Rings of Power, the harfoots are using a unique form of artichoke flower as food.
Funny thing is, we've had both these flowers in the shop, but if you're not familiar with them, you won't recognize them.
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 2:06 pm

Mosquito bites om my throat.
In October?🤯
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Rainflower wrote:
Mosquito bites om my throat.
In October?🤯

Oh no! Neutral I hope you are ok...that you will heal fast and that they will leave you alone next time! Mad

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:02 am

Thanks, @Prayer 💕

I just wonder where they came from?
I mean, wrong time of year!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 7:29 am

I asked this myself this year, too. Moreover the wasps were especially aggressive this year. It was the first time a wasp stung me...for no reason. I was watching my 7-year-old son play soccer with his team. The moment I saw her on my arm it already stung me. It hurt but fortunately I am not allergic.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next