Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What have you discovered today?

Go down 
+9
Kojiyumi
Trollbabe
Leanan
Redhead Ember
Tynami
Embala
Yeee
Sifra
Rainflower
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

What have you discovered today? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 1:38 pm

I discovered - or maybe re-discovered - the existence of this guy:

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 4:45 am

Rediscovered or rather remembered that I need to update almost all the character threads due to the finally deleted old Scroll of colors - and rhe broken links to the EQ bio pages.
Might as well some threads to cover all the characters who HAVE bios on the EQ homepage.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 10:15 am

Embala wrote:
Rediscovered or rather remembered that I need to update almost all the character threads due to the finally deleted old Scroll of colors - and rhe broken links to the EQ bio pages.
Might as well some threads to cover all the characters who HAVE bios on the EQ homepage.

Hey, just a headsup; it appears all the links to bios on the EQ homepage got broken with the update of the site.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 12:15 pm

YUP. Will be updated when I clean the SoC links - a handful is already fixed.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 12:28 pm

My allergy har returned🤧
But luckily so far, it doesn't seem like it's as bad as last year, so I 🤞 that it's gonna ge easy this time.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 2:56 pm

Good luck, Rainflower flower and feel well soon.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 2:14 am

Thanks @Embala💙
Hopefully it won't struck as bad as last year. I've just started with some meds, and I'm positive so far. However I get a bit tired from it at times😴
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 1:43 pm

cathat

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 11:32 am

Did ya'll know there is Strawberries and Chocolate Cherrios? And when I looked into finding pictures I found SOOOO many types of Cherrios I've never even heard about!
https://www.listchallenges.com/general-mills-cheerios-flavors

Don't even get me started on Oreos!!
https://www.listchallenges.com/oreoflavors

Does make me wonder if all of the flavors are real...

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptySat May 20, 2023 7:33 am

I like strawberry better than chocolate.
And I don't like pasta alone anymore!
I never saw *that* coming😳
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 23, 2023 8:14 pm

I think I would go nuts if I didn't eat pasta at least every now and then... 

When I remember to eat.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 2:52 pm

Unfortunately I have the same issue regarding other kinds of pasta.
Like with meatsause😋dangerously good
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 10:15 am

I discovered that elf-dad now wants to discuss with fans.

So I made my try, with the " What if? " subject.

My mail was :
"
Hello!

( PLEEEEZE excuse in advance the fact that English is not my native luggage )

" What if..? " is a very strange question.

You and Wendy Fletcher had a true debate, and it brought wonderful results.

" What if..? " in the retrospect sense means something might have possibly gone at least a little wrong, somewhen. For instance, " What if we travelled back in time in order to kill Adolf Hitler..? " ; the worst, with that, is that even if you succeeded in doing so, you would miss the entire point: the whole political progression would still exist and have effects, many other political figures would still live and commit atrocities.. you guess the problem: some lessons were never learned, even before asking the " What if..? " question.

" What if..? " in the prospective sense is the very engine of sciences and sci-fi. For instance, " What if the light-blue flash of light that we detect, with the Cf spectroscopic rays in it, could be - novae and super-novae, yup, but.. - ALSO flashes emitted by nearby automatic spaceships' engines..? "

But when consciousness intervenes, you get to understand a tad bit better Churchill's reaction to the fact that some assassination attempts had already been tried by the British secret services against Adolf Hitler:
" Stop this at once! It's no use killing a demon if this allows the Devil to reach Power. " ( not the exact words, but Winston was well awaken of Himmler's case and true nature.. )

Now, now..
One thing remains.

True debates are getting terribly rare, nowadays.

Shade and sweet water! "

_____

The mail published by elf-dad was :

" From: Patrice Coquelin

Hello! Please excuse in advance the fact that English is not my native language.

"What if..?" is a very strange question. "What if..?" in retrospect means something might have possibly gone at least a little wrong, somewhen. For instance, "What if we traveled back in time in order to kill Adolf Hitler?" At worst, even if you succeeded in doing so, you would miss the entire point: the whole political progression would still exist and have effects, many other political figures would still live and commit atrocities.

But when consciousness intervenes, you get to understand a tad bit better Churchill's reaction to the fact that some assassination attempts had already been tried by the British secret services against Adolf Hitler: "Stop this at once! It's no use killing a demon if this allows the Devil to reach Power." (Not the exact words, but Winston was well aware of Himmler's case and true nature.)

Now, one thing remains. True debates are getting terribly rare, nowadays. "

Game :
1. Spot the differences
2. Measure the level of respect it betrays ( once more ) from elf-dad..

To me, it does not really matter:

If some raised subject is worthy of some intervening from my part, I shall mail anyway.

Hence, about the latest " Elfquest dot com 101 " subject, I mailed this ( for future référence) :

" Hello again!

First I have to thank you dearly for having allowed your fans, for years, to read online and for free almost all of the Elfquest graphic novels and series. It's an incredibly rare feat for which all fans should be grateful.

Second, about your questioning about why people don't seem to visit Elfquest dot com more, here are :

1. my two cents as a software engineer AND as an EQ fan since 1985 who had witnessed some previous website attempts and who had intervened at multiple times, there and there and then and then (winks) :
Preferrably BEFORE building a website, there HAS to be some strong and deep questioning about the level of LIFE and intervening of visiting people, with both responsibility and freedom in mind ; if your website is meant mainly to PRESENT your work online, create and organize it accordingly ( the current form does exactly that, and magnificently so, for sure, I do admit it ) ; however, IF you, creator and THUS ALSO the main administrator, want a public forum, do not only set CLEAR and intelligible and acceptable rules but ALSO intervene often enough to have those rules and conditions applied and even publicly discussed, as well as the main elements and functioning and possible evolutions ( and, why, oh! why not..?!, even voted upon, before the changes get inflicted to all..? ) ; but I am well aware that it does ask for some time and energy ( The FB approach asks for far less, sure! But don't expect deep or intense discussions and even less true debates with that format - personal experience speaking, here, although I may be proven wrong, some day.. I do hope so. ) Oh! Well.. Perhaps that's for the next " damn fans' web forums 101 " potential future discussion..

2. one remark, as a French avid comics reader for decades now aged 55 : Elfquest has always had a VERY special style and appeal, that are often misinterpreted and disliked ; when I repeatedly tried presenting it around me, it often got the " it's for kids " reaction ( among sadder or odder reactions ), moreso even because of the way the "Vent d'Ouest" edition company, here, in France, had totally RUINED the translation and chosen a very inappropriate format and approach ( but the latest French edition IS totally remarkable and excellent.. AT LONG LAST! ).

Shade and sweet water!

Patrice COQUELIN "

What have you discovered today? - Page 5 Pc386_10

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 9:12 pm

Freaking out cause I just found out that there are 1000s of pet tigers in Texas!!!

Better not eat my puppies!

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/are-there-more-tigers-in-texas-than-in-the-wild/

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 6:18 am

... Or kids. Shocked That is terrifying!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 4:05 pm

Pro-tip for cooking!

Make sure you have all the ingredients. Pasta with pesto without pesto is just... not quite the same.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 1:47 pm

I tried to teach my two daughters not to be scared of spiders.
Today I discovered that I was too successful. Because secretly I am still scared of spiders myself.

While doing the dishes, I found a brown spider in a pan. It was, for a dutch spider, pretty big. So I screamed and jumped up and down and poured water in to drown it.
My daughters told me I had been needlessly cruel. I'd had to put it outside. I told them that obviously this was the big huge mutant spider from Harry Potter and he had to die, because in the movie he said he wanted to eat Harry Potter. Obviously he is evil!
They did not buy it. Crying or Very sad

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 4:02 pm

I happen to be quite an aracnophobic myself, so I honestly don't blame you for freaking out, @Sifra.

It was actually tonight that I discovered how much I enjoy talking to other colleagues than my cleaning colleagues, almost more than them because they have more than just complaining at our work to talk about. I think I made a new friend after we talked about our common love for horses and animals, and how our dogs had died not long ago.

I've also discovered how my group almost keep to themselves as much as they can, almost hiding away like they don't want to be seen.
I somehow wish my other colleagues could be a little more open to the other people there and mot just stick to themselves, cause I really think it would strengthen us as a team. Some of them are believing that they're the only ones suffering during hard work, but that's not true. Okay, so allot if the people from my days are gone and new people has come, and though their training in cooperation with all of us could have been better handled, most if them are really nice folks that I like working with. But there's also a problem that some of outer new people has a tendency to bitch around and bring in bad habits.

Quite a dumb situation.
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 12:24 pm

What have you discovered today? - Page 5 20230910

Ran across this while working :

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 10:30 pm

Rainthorwen introduced me to these today! Caution, some of these are kinda loud.

Not good... getting ideas now Very Happy

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2023 9:42 am

These are incredible! It's amazing what can be found in nature! Although I have to wonder why Japan seems to find all the cute creatures....

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2023 10:23 am

Evil Evie wrote:
These are incredible! It's amazing what can be found in nature! Although I have to wonder why Japan seems to find all the cute creatures....

The blue one has been seen here in Texas. I about freaked out when I heard.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 6:44 pm

cute little toxic beasties Very Happy

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 12:52 am

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1055738475228115?mibextid=9JUvNr&s=yWDuG2&fs=e

@Embala made me aware of these caves a while back, but I found out some really cool stuff about it just now!! Gives me more insight to what my crystal elves could be.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 11:52 pm

"Chrystal Hollow" is definitely no place for Humans! ^^ I knew about heat and humidity but wasn't awarre of the consequences in detail, Kat.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next