Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How's your day going?

Go down 
+39
Arthis
Beryl
PCoquelin
Shadowpath
Nibblet
Embala
Evil Evie
Sifra
Trollbabe
Wiseshaman
Stormcatcher
Kindredsoul
IceTooth
anj tuesday
Leanan
Zadzi
Miscellaneous
Prayer
Bluetree
Rainflower
Startear
Redhead Ember
Tenderfoot
Cloudbuck
wolfmoonsky
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
Nomad-Human
Windyboy
Multi-Facets
Fairyring
Lunakat
faeriegirl
G0lden
Elwing
TrollHammer
Kojiyumi
ChristinaRaibert
truelight
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunakat

Lunakat

How's your day going? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm pretty happy today! After a couple weeks of fruitless searching-- and the humiliation of trying on dresses that made me feel like a whale, wrapped in lace, drowning in a sea of tulle... I finally found a wedding dress. For $300. That's a pretty good deal from what I understand. It was a rack sale-- and I saw the dress, liked it, and discovered it fit me perfectly. Then it was an additional 30% off the sale price that day, so... huzzah!

Wedding is back on track! Under control. Alls well that mends well.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 12:22 am

Yay! That's awesome news, Lunakat! I have never spent much on wedding dresses either, always got them off the rack. The second time I got a vintage dress from the 50s and loved it. Neither were wedding dresses though.... hmmm.
300 sounds incredible for a wedding dress. I knew it would work out for you!

How's your day going? - Page 26 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 pm

My day started off great. Then one too many stretches at work and my blasted bra broke. So here I am being poked and not properly supported., while trying to work. Plus it is just plain uncomfortable. Someone sweetly suggested going to the Walmart that is practically next door to the place I work at, to get a new one. I declined, I have a very nice $42 one I got from Macy's last month. I ended up leaving early and went home. :faceplant: Tomorrow will be better I get paid.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Lunacat that is great! I got married in a gothic dress.
G0lden that sounds very uncomfortable!

I have been sorta ill today. I could still get around and do what needed to be done, but still, the household has been plunged in chaos and now we're going to eat a supermarket pizza for diner. The childeren are not complaining. They love pizza.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 2:36 pm

That's wonderful, Lunakat. Best news is you've found a dress you really like - and being not expensive is the cherry on the cake. With lots of cream! ^^

Ouch ... not the best of working days yesterda, G0lden. Today owns you something to make up for it. Wink

Be well soon, Sifra. cathat *brings chicken soup and huddles you in a cozy blanket* Get some rest.

Spend (half) the day in the bigger town nearby - second day in row. Exhausted but happy. Nothing reasonable done there - despite my original plans. Updated my EQ collection, stocked up crafts supplies, had a tasty lunch at Blockhouse, spent more money on pretty tempting unnecessary must-have jewelry stuff.
In short - I have vacations! sunny

Last edited by Embala on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 2:47 am

Yay Luna! Glad to hear you got your dress at a great price.

Sifra get well soon.

Well Em. Looks like your shopping therapy did you wonders. Enjoy those new items.

Me, I had a good day. On the down side still no sign of my pay raise. On the upside I need to save for another Bra! The new one is so comfortable. Definitely getting another.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 10:05 am

Excellent so far. I'm on a bus to Nevada to register voters.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Hehe, sounds like the best fun ever, Embala. What a day to spend your hollyday.

Glad you found a good niceprice dress Luna. Good deals are always the best.

Hope you'll feel better, Sifra.

I spent yesterday at my friend's house. I had been shopping food for her because she didn't dare to leave her newly operated dog. Poor thing was so upshaken and didn't dare to let her alone once. I don't blame her though. I really hope the operation was suceccfull.

I'm having vacation, but I had to sacrefice one day to get back to work. And while I've been gone I see so much changes due to new owner and everything. I actually feel like some of the charm has gone missing while I've been gone. And my, how many late nights I have got to work now. Maybe it will settle down once everything is ready, but I hate waiting. Gonna try to enjoy these left vacation days. Maybe I'll follow your example, Embala. Sounds tempting with a whole day in town.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Good luck with the new owner and new working schedule. Hopefully you will get a better shift soon, Rainflower.
The day off in town was goood ... but be aware - it's exhausting too! Don't make too many plans for the day after. ^^

I see a busy evening ... packing my suitcase and preparing myself for a short journey.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 8:19 am

bath

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 7:05 pm

How was my day going ...

Woke up slightly late, sleep-deprived and with a headache ... Sad

Went with a friend and her husband to a crafts market nevertheless. Smile

Weather was fine, ride was fine, market was interesting and the company was great! Very Happy

A meeting with a seller that could have taken an unpleasant turn made the day even better because of her trust in me. sunny

Another seller who I occationally meet at such markets made sure to give me an early Christmas gift. bounce

Back in town in time to visit my favorite café where two friends helped me out with stuff to complete a birthday present for a dear co-worker and friend tomorrow. Hug

One of those friends invitation to have a dinner together rounded the evening nicely.  flower

On the way home night was cold, clear and bright. Beautiful moon. Surprised

Back at home Ginchan was already awaiting me at the bridge to the property - for the first time! cat

And when I've logged in to FTH a long-missed friend was waiting for me in the chatbox. cheers

... this day was getting better and better. And when I thought it cannot become better - better again! queen

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 6:59 am

Downside: caught the belly flu.
Upside: I know this will be over soon. It's always just few unpleasant hours for me.

... and I've decided in time not to go to work today.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 pm

If you're not well, then don't; get well first and then og back. You need to ba able to work properly to work.

Yesterday I applied for a job, hoping for answer soon; was asked to work extra at the store for practical reasons, and I had a customer that seriously smelled like a Barbie Doll. I'm not kidding, she really did Shocked And I'm startled to see how much the new mustard colored flower post looks Pooh's honey pots. Neutral While today I finished off a scetch that will be a drawing soon and that will in time be posted at my art page and the EW page.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Actually a good adviced for tomorrow, Rainflower - I'll see how this will work out with work ... or not.

Good luck finding a good new job, soon, Rainflower! *crossing fingers and toes* I'm looking forward to see your new drawing. Very Happy

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank you, Embala cathat

And now my new drawing is up at my artpage for anyone who wants to see!!!
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Acceptance and thankfulness, best way to describe it.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Day's been quite fine, a little busy right now due to planning a bridal bouquet and moving by myself at the same time. Oh, I'll be happy when that's over. Bridal sure takes time and strength, but I love it. Made my first furneral wreath in a long time, and my bos got so satisfied with it, I'm so happy that my boss likes my work. Very Happy cheers

Getting rid of the rest of a cold I managed to get on vacation, blah. Why did I have to end up behind that disgusting fella who had to cough all his bacterias all over in front of me at the plane, and his nasty farts too? EWWWWW:x

Being a little worried though about goign to bed thou, because last night I had nightmares. I was dumb enough to... watch ten minutes of an episode of The Walking Dead. I am disgreased by myself. I dreamt of zombies last night, and now I'm worried I won't be sleeping properly.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:16 pm

It's wonderful that you love your work and your boss is very content with it, too. Very Happy

Stay well, Rainfower - and enjoy the Summer! It's already hot here - too hot - hopefully you'll get decent warmth soon. A summer dress is a nice thought ... sunny

Ugh ... bad dreams. Exactly why I'd avoid this series of any cost! I wish you pleasant and peaceful dreams tonight. Do somethng you like this evening, give your eyes and mind beautiful things to deal with.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:57 pm

I am so lazy today. I have work to do, but haven't started it. I've spent the last few days organizing the new house, and now, i spent all morning doing exactly nothing. Granted, it's hot-- but this is ridiculous. There's a lot to do, and I'm being super lazy.

Also-- I ate all the ice cream.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Luna, you are allowed days of laziness.  I just got a few groceries, did a load of laundry, and transplanted a couple of plants.

Right now I am in hiding. IT IS TOO FREAKING HOT OUT THERE!!!!!!  Come on, 106? Hides in the 64 degree living room.

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Going well. I got up on time, did some Pilates and stretching before work and then had a very slow day with little to do at the office. Avoided having to talk to my boss since he's a schmuck, and then came home and did some job hunting.

Next will come dinner and a little TV and then a walk in this beautiful weather with a friend. Pretty dang good day overall. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 3:59 pm

I haven't looked at my husband's hospital bills yet, but we have to continue to trudge downtown to the Social Security office, in order to get Medicaid consideration.  Long story.

Two weeks ago, our car failed inspection.  We financed $600 in repairs to get it back on the road.

Two days later, it broke down.  My brother towed it, fixed the fuel pump (not one of the inspection repairs), returned it to us Monday, and advised us not to put anymore money into the car.  (We can't.  We're broke.)  It's not likely to last much longer.  (It wasn't the only bad news we got Monday, but I won't get into that.)

I walk to work anyway, and the bus stop is a block away.  It would be especially rough on my husband if he could not drive.

The first week of June, I won the lottery.  That's right, I won the lottery to become a patient at the local free clinic.  A facility once associated with homeless people and pregnant teens is now full of former middle-class people like me who can't afford Obamacare.  They ran our paystubs to see if I qualified, and we were well below the poverty level.  I turned to my husband and said, "Hooray!  We're poor!"

Last week the appointments began, and I got my admitting blood test.  Today I saw a nurse and a doctor for my initial exam.  I am overdue for everything:  mammography, colonoscopy, eye exam, dental exam and pap smear.  (They noticed I was born in Saudi and wanted to know if I spoke Arabic, as they have only one interpreter.  I remember only a few words, some of them choice insults.)

I mentioned I had two chipped teeth, I was aware of the policy for dental treatment.  Because of limited resources and the abuse of the system, new patients at the free clinic must wait four months for a dental appointment.  Some exceptions include dental emergencies and diabetic patients.  So I was prepared to wait until October to get my teeth fixed.

The doctor went over the results of my blood test, and was concerned about my sugar level.  So they gave me another blood test.

When the nurse came back with the results, I learned that I am now on the fast track for the dental appointment.  Hooray, I'm diabetic!  This is really hard to absorb.  No one in my family is diabetic.

Acceptance and thankfulness again.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Sorry to here about your car Trollbabe. I too, have type 2 diabtes and also got approved for Medicaid here in California. I still have my insurance from work. If I change jobs and have to wait for insurance I'm covered for now.

As for the Diabetes. You will probably be put on Metformin. Delay you eye exam for about 5 to 6 wks. As your blood sugar lowers your vision will change, so give it time and your vision will return to whatever is normal.

So far I have dropped nearly 25 lbs. So it can be reversed in many cases.

No, you don't have to alter your diet much. Just eliminate pasta, rice, and bread and you'll be fine. If you have those items, add lots of veggies with them. As for sweets, there is sugar free. Ice cream, get the Dryers slow churn no sugar added. That stuff is good and there really is no sugar added. Also I don't eat anything with sugar listed as a fourth ingredient on up. Even Cheerios had to go. Pouts.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Thank you, Golden.  My diabetic husband does the shopping and the cooking, so I've been eating and  drinking some sugar free products for years.  I will follow your advice about the eye exam, whenever that comes up.

Emotionally, I am still trying to come to terms with being a medical charity case.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Health care is a right and should be treated as such. Don't feel like you are getting charity. These are you tax dollars and you have the right to use them with your healthcare needs.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's your day going?   How's your day going? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's your day going?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next