Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 12:08 am

Weatherbird certainly makes a nice therapist...not gonna lie, i'd rather like to see a timeline pop up where Timmain actually gets along quite well with Haken and Chani! imagine the the discomfort of the reality swiftverse Timmain/Chani/Haken.

and because of a mistype, i now realize you can turn Chani into Chain. she is a Chain. :p
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:13 am

I keep hearing Haken as Monty Burns sometimes, and other times Vincent Price.

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:41 pm

sooo...with this newest issue of FQ, is Swift going to have an earthshattering freak out of her own? XD
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 1:28 am

Welcome to another exciting installment of "Alternaverse Elves React to Final Quest!"

Vaya: Oh thank the High Ones that monstrosity on Aurek's head is just a fugly hat! For a second there I was afraid Wendy had cut his glorious hair, and then there would be war! ... wait... she put a fugly hat on his glorious hair! WAAAAR!!!

Rayek: Pf. Like I need Winnowill's goading to go apeshit on Djunsmen. That's my Friday night!

Melati: Oh snap, Timmain! Looks like Cutter doesn't want to be your vessel either!

Timmain: Fascinating... a reality in which no one complains or averts their eyes pointedly when I walk around without clothes.

Tyldak: And to think... I was once worried my giant bat/dragon wings coming out of my shoulders was a cheap cop-out to have my arms free. Missed a huge skin-sleeve bullet there!

Brightmetal: Cutter knew the troll tunnels blindfolded 10,000 years ago! Does no one understand the dynamic forces of cave erosion? And where's Shenshen? I want more Shenshen!

Swift: Bwaaahahhaaahaaaaa! I love watching Cutter freak out! Dance, monkey-man, dance. Twisted Evil And turning New Moon on Leetah - that's just priceless! Final Quest finally got interesting! Wait... this isn't giving Wingthing ideas, is it? Um... uh... ahem, I think this freak out of Cutter's is in very bad taste and degrades the purity of the character. Yeah. That. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 1:36 am

rofl rofl rofl, Wingthing!

Rayek, that may be your Friday night but you know Wingthing's about to make you pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 2:13 am

every time i hear about final quest it just sounds like it gets weirder and weirder...
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Kaza999 wrote:
every time i hear about final quest it just sounds like it gets weirder and weirder...

Oh it is. The only thing I'm looking for is how did Jink come about.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Ahh the Alternaverse! I remember spending hours looking through your site! I love aus and the Alternaverse is one of the best I've come across.
I recently read 'Blood Ties' and I wanted to say I reallylike this bit and it's become stuck in my head:

Quote :
She could smell it on the air as she healed the gash to his thigh. She could feel the impurities clinging to her fingertips even after she sealed his torn skin.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Yeah, Blood Ties is probably my all-time favorite piece in Alternaverse- talk about a weird pairing that somehow works incredibly well.
I love that and all of the Oasis stuff.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 3:30 am

Thankee I love you

Yeah, Blood Ties was one of those stories that just sort of came into my head and demanded to be written. Scouter and Leetah really turned out to be a match made in co-dependant heaven! And I always thought canon-Leetah made her peace with the whole mortality issue way too quickly. It's nice to see her revisiting some of that angst in some of the FQ issues.

And as we will see later in the Alternaverse FQ, even after 6000 years, Leetah still has a lot of unresolved grief about Scouter's death.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 pm

Oooh, I can't wait to have another installment with Leetah! You know, she was my very favorite character when I first read EQ, but I don't mind seeing her being roughed up emotionally in these tales, she's so stubborn and can be very prissy so it's kind of worth it.
I've never been a fan of Scouter AT ALL (except for the scene waaay back in OQ when he told Dewshine he'd raise Windkin with her no matter what) , so I was surprised to start liking him more even though I still had the desire to punch him in the face. He's just a highly punchable type.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 7:24 pm

The next installment of Siege at Howling Rock is up:

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/siege2.html

And Zadzi... you *may* recognize a certain line in there, concerning Timmain and her love of shapeshifting Wink
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Just got done reading part two. BRILLENT!

The talk between Timmain and "Egg" was eye opening in regards to Timmains feelings.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:11 pm

the timing was perfect, i was just sitting down to some dinner and wanting a nice read! XD

oh poor ember, how will she react when she realizes she no longer has her wolfblood? she didn't seem to take her healed ear....too too bad. and i also realized this wrapstuffed Navigator could be the alternaverse equivilant to the unknown cocooned couple in canon! haha.

also, LOVE THE END! i think we'll be seeing a Blue Mountain army before too terribly long. bwahahaha! it makes so much sense! and it gives hope that perhaps Kahvi can be saved...

and oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Hansha finally recognized!! eeee! and i'm kind of amazed you finally incorporated the whole "rayek loses his magic" aspect, though the timing is great!
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 am

I appreciated getting Timmain's point of view. It balances out the story quite a bit.

I am officially now more invested in this story than in the actual comic. Hmm.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 1:04 pm

wingthing wrote:

Vaya: Oh thank the High Ones that monstrosity on Aurek's head is just a fugly hat! For a second there I was afraid Wendy had cut his glorious hair, and then there would be war! ... wait... she put a fugly hat on his glorious hair! WAAAAR!!!

Egg in FiQu reminds me of the Simpson's episode when Mr. Burns is an 'alien'

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:32 pm

this update was great! i'm especially liking where rayek, swift and ember's development is going
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:36 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
wingthing wrote:

Egg in FiQu reminds me of the Simpson's episode when Mr. Burns is an 'alien'

lol! Hah! Totally. I can almost hear Aurek going "I bring you love!" in that creepy helium voice.

I was calling that thing he wears a bathrobe, but now I'm calling it a mothfabric hospital gown.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:27 am

wingthing wrote:
I was calling that thing he wears a bathrobe, but now I'm calling it a mothfabric hospital gown.

His "outfit" is absolutely terrible, it's worse then the rags he wore when he arrived at the palace, ugh. Also, the way his face and hair is drawn... Line of beauty, anyone? Sure, he was basically crushed under Blue Mountain for 10.000 years but shouldn't 10 years bathing in the bliss of the palace be enough to restore his appearance?

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 pm

yeah, i rather miss the Aurek of the Kahvi sidequest issues...he looked old but pretty good. i mean come on....i'm sure Savah is around his age, and she still looks pretty banging!

I agree, his clothing makes no sense...he's walking around in a see through robe where he's essentially naked, and yet he is still wearing a opaque fabric hood? why not transparent as well? or maybe he's going bald and hiding it...:p i'm sure that would aggitate Alterna!Vaya to no end.

....also now i totally think the palace requires "mothfabric hospital gowns" for the people who come to be healed, like Mink and Ember. XD
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Great update! I've said before and I'll say again how much I love the way you weave in elements of canon with new twists.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Wingthing, OMG *falls down laughing*. I can't believe you included that line, I was just reading along, truly enjoying all of it (and I love these past two installments btw) and then I read that part and just started giggling like a huge dork!

Love love love what you're been doing with this. Ember losing her wolfblood, Timmain's convo with Aurek is awesome.

Also Mr Burns as an alien....I BRING YOU LOOOOOOOVE. That was one of my favorite episodes, the X-Files one!
Aurek and his bong water gaze in FQ has me shaking my head in sadness and disbelief.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Did I miss something? 'Green Eyes' recognized? Where? I'm lost!

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 9:38 pm

when Melati was talking about her Red Snakes to tunnel under the corruption. she mentions all of them is a rockshaper and glider, but then corrects herself, saying one isn't but can't remember his name. Cholla provides it, which is "Greenflame", apparently named for how copper put into fire will turn green, the shade of his and his father's eyes. apparently Hansha recognized a woman named Elsbett. and Carrun dotes on him.

one can only imagine how that went for him! though with Grayling having recognized already, it may have...smoothed things out a bit. it's not such an unfamiliar situation for them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 pm

*D'OH!* I can't believe I missed that! I have to go back and re-read. I devoured it quickly upon the first reading and had brain indigestion since i read so fast Very Happy
Thanks, Vaeri!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next