Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
sun girl

sun girl

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 4:31 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Fungus elves are such a ridiculous stupid concept, we should honour Wendy's wish and call them just that. I mean, do they smell like mushrooms? Have their bodies mushroom-y qualities? The whole idea is so generally ewwww... And creepy, mushroom-people are creepy.

Yeah... I can't, on principle, honour that wish. Just because of the way she said it. Nay, demanded it. Maybe mind your own business, lady. Like the business of putting out a quality comic book product. That could use some attention.

edit: oh, I am bitchy today.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 4:38 am

ok so i had some ideas today and first up is a real quick sketch of ember and teir after melati's healed ember:

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 Earsse10

i figured ember might be a little upset over regrowing a whole ear without her consent

i had NO idea how to draw teir but i found when i grabbed a couple references that his hair is a totally wild anime mess and i'm not sure whether i love it or hate it

and also some chief kitfire! (or chief littlefire and kit cuz kit is hanging about outside their body because i wanted to draw her too)

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 Chief_10

i really had no idea what littlefire's coloring was like--i thought of him as a tan redhead, a little like kit, but then i remembered neither of his parents are redheads and both of them are pretty pale, too. then i also remembered vaeri did a nice kitfire pic a few pages back and she did littlefire as a blond, which i thought was nice, so i gave him blond hair and light skin

(i tried to give kit strongbow's nose, but i don't think it came out quite right)
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Awesome!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You always do the greatest expressions, Kaza999! I love the way the character's emotions always come through so clearly!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 3:12 pm

Kaza999, these are amazing! And I echo Wingthing's comment - the emotions on each face are so distinct and clear, I love it. You have a really lovely, original style!

14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 4:37 pm

thanks! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:26 am

TRROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLS!!!

Two kingdoms for the price of one in Part Three of Siege at Howling Rock. Swift goes looking for help from Drub while Haken pays a visit to his grandson.

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/siege3.html
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 3:45 am

OK. You need to make up a family tree for the trolls..... I get a little lost with all the brothers, sisters, who's with who. Hey just like the elf's. Very Happy

I love the talk of the fault that is about to break.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 5:23 am

trolls!!!!!

i really loved leetah and shenshen's talk with each other--not to mention seeing shenshen's family was awesome! i loved seeing two-edge, aroree and brightmetal again too!

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 2:22 pm

O.o...i'll be completely honest, i thought that was Cutter, not Littlefire. really did. also flattered you decided to use my coloring, but i didn't do blonde...i did like a tawny brown based on descriptions by Wingthing...^^0

Littlefire Biography wrote:
Littlefire is not as tall as his father Aurek, but stands a head taller than the average Wolfrider. His hair is a soft brown, and often mussed, the result of being pulled and teased when he gets nervous.

Pack Right Part 1 wrote:
He laughed softly. “Papa Pike. And Skot! I-it was all their fault. When I-I was born, my eyes were already so dark–”  

So intense, Kit corrected in her head. A deep brooding stormy blue-grey.

sorry, i'll admit it. i'm an accuracy nazi. but Teir and Ember look really good! i'm gonna slink off and read the new chapter now...*slinks*

EDIT: goodness, goodness, goodness. quite a lot in this chapter. a reversal of fate for Shenshen and Leetah it seems, with Leetah now wishing to have the same brightness as Shen. i like it. all the angst <3 also love hearing the echos of the canon final quest in the story. and OMG WINNOWILLS BOOONES! there's still a chance she could get a new body! especially with Haken's ringing words. i think he certainly intends to have her ressurected. loved the back and forth between Savin and Bookworm. XD two lawyers going at it!

i think i feel the inspirational urge to draw Winnowill's tomb now. hmmm, marble...also Blue Mountain decked Haken and Chani. cause i can't resist drawing fancy stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Yay! A new installment! It was so glorious!
I also loved Shenshen/Leetah...I always feel sorry for Leetah but she's consistently acting like an idiot when it comes to intimacy. She needs some straight up intensive therapy. I am really curious though as to what's going to happen for her...she's never happy, never. There's always some kind of drama. I can't tell if she's genuinely tortured or just a drama queen. Well, actually I am pretty sure it's a combo of both. Maybe she needs medication.

Loved the talk with Haken / Two-Edge. Those two interacting made me smile. It's so strange to read because it's so far from the 'reality' of EQ ...but so satisfying and the dynamic is really interesting. And yes, the 'fault' is interesting...along with all those damn troll politics. Talk about complicated!

Edit: Yeah, it feels like Winnie is going to be resurrected ... which is definitely sort of a lip biting concept! I love the way Winnie has been written in alternaverse, it's so much more refreshing. She's still kind of creepy but also has heart, but also...maybe a wee bit too curious. I love hearing her 'talk', she's such a sharp smart ass.

Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 5:25 pm

ah well, i'm glad i got ember and teir down, vaeri! (i was pretty worried about teir's hair--like look at it, it makes no sense) thanks for the descriptions of littlefire though--i did a quick look through of 'packright' but i didn't think to actually check his first appearance story, tbh i looked up references of aurek and my brain interpreted 'tawny' as 'blond' based on that Razz now i know how his hair is actually colored though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Dayum, dayum, Kaza! How is it your 'real quick sketches' always have such eloquent emotion?? You really capture facial features and expressions in a pretty magical way. Love it.

And I love Littlefire & Kit too, even if he's blonder than usual Smile Actually the only thing I'd say is 'off' at all is him wearing a chief's lock, just cuz he's so anti-attention-seeking in any way, so I can't see him wearing a symbol of authority. Doesn't take away from a sweet and lovely portrait of the couple though!

Always so happy to see your interpretations in the thread!

PS: I never really noticed before, but I agree about Teir's hair making no sense! Somehow when Lorraine drew it, it never looked like an anime fantasy gone wrong. And oh for the days of all those snaky raven braids back in Hidden Years...!
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 12:39 am

I loved seeing what's going on in Oasis and Leetah's life.

I'm wary as heck of Haken's comments about things waking up. o.o
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:34 pm

So... time for an opinion poll:

If Winnowill gets a new body, what do you think she will do with it?

Go nuts again and try for world domination? Become a spoiled Kardashian at Oasis? Clean house with fire and blood at Blue Mountain? Or just hang out with Weatherbird and keep a running tally of many time she can provoke Cheipar into cursing like a trueborn Go-Back? Let's have some theories, the zanier the better! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:47 pm

I think Winnowill has learned her lesson. If she gets a new body, there's always Mommy and Daddy to try to keep her inline.

The story's you could come up with are almost endless with Winnowill in a new body.
1. Winnowill returns to Blue Mountain. Shocked
2. Winnowill Recognizes and becomes a devoted mother Twisted Evil

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 11:43 pm

I love the idea of Winnowill having a body again but she's such a wild card....which is what makes for endless possibilities *rubs hands* ! I kind of thought she was 'in line' but after the whole Weatherbird episode and especially at the end when she was regressing, coming up against something/someone she couldn't heal...I think it can go so many ways:

She gets back to her parents and gets their love and attention and forges a better relationship with her son. But I don't think she'd be happy with just that...and the temptation would be all too great to 'branch out' and do something else. I think it would be interesting if Winnowill , who never craved recognition, recognized and had a child with some kind of handicap to where her healing would do more damage than good, kind of along the same lines as Melati but in a parental way.

Or, something really weird would be she turns into the elfin equivalent of a nun or something. Maybe she and Timmain hit it off and she removes the stick from Timmain's butt and they have some weird adventures. Or they hook up  Shocked

I see Winnowill as generally 'good' now, but her 'curiosity' , for lack of a better word, sort of gets her in trouble. I just ADORE her though in the Alternaverse.

Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:16 am

ok winnowill and timmain hooking up would be amazing (also consider the aneurysm it would give haken)

maybe winnowill could go on adventures in the human world? she's so curious about everything, humans are pretty new territory for her, aren't they?

or maybe she could have adventures in space--take a piece of he palace and make a spaceship, that would be cool
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:37 am

Zadzi wrote:
She gets back to her parents and gets their love and attention and forges a better relationship with her son. But I don't think she'd be happy with just that...and the temptation would be all too great to 'branch out' and do something else.

Well.... Haken is determined to go all Manifest Destiny on the solar system, after all Twisted Evil I can see it now.

Space... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship... Ark. Its continuing mission - to explore strange new worlds (and claim them), to seek out new life and new civilizations (and subjugate them)... to boldly go where no elf has gone before!
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 2:16 am

maybe winnowill could go and colonize mars? or explore the galaxy? dude the idea of space winnowill is just so awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:31 am

Okay, I know elves are all for breaking taboos, but grandmother/granddaughter isn't one of the lines we'll be crossing in Alt I don't think! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:36 am

wait, are timmain and winnowill related that closely? i thought winnowill was haken's daughter?
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:36 am

oh wait nvm i completely forgot that winnowill is haken and chani's daughter doy
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:43 am

Hey, no worries, it's a lot of family tree to keep in mind all at once Smile I just didn't want anyone to get their hearts set on the idea!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Oh god. EWWWW. I really forgot for a second and was just going stream of consciousness thinking....but yeah ...ughh gross.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 11:34 pm

based on the options and my own train of thought, i think she is COMPLETELY going to spend her time adjusting to having a body again being worshipped as a near goddess just like Haken and Chani in Oasis. especially if she can convince Melati to grow her body with the addition of floating powers. i can utterly picture her just floating in the air reclining, dining on fine Oasis delicacies and holding mild yet heated debates with Melati about her creations and how to go about it.

after that, i could imagine her going to Blue Mountain for a while to spend time with her son whom she probably loves very much again. mildly marvel at her grandson and ignore all the fawning trollkin who regard her as something of a secondary queen right beside Aroree in terms of status. though she probably enjoys the gifts she is lavished with every hour. and probably piss some trollkin off by idlely suggesting healing cosmetic surgery to make them more elfin.

then she spends some time at the great holt, where Swift has to deal with angst at resurgance of her divided feelings about Winnowill's theft of her wolfblood despite all the time that has passed, and then a brief trip to Greemoon Bay where she gets a shock there HERE is a place people do not fawn over, and more than one elf has the guts to stand up to her and tell her to settle down and get off her high horse. and she enjoys sunning on the beach and developes a little color to her pearl skin. just a touch!

then off to the College, where yes, she torments poor Cheipar in such subtle ways he can't outwardly retaliate without seeming unreasonable. and possible fawns over Bluestar a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   14 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next