Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 5:22 pm

LOL He does kinda look like that. I was trying to get him into a defensive pose. I skipped Rahnee cause I already made her 4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 Kat-EQ-sprite-rahneeshewolf

Loving the baubles so far, so much fun!!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Oh , who is that guy , Katcombs , looks like an elfin Tarzan boy, grin.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 3:09 am

Beloved Dead & Law and Chaos ... 4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 There_10 The child is the link!

... and don't miss Kat's Pixel Advent santa ... it's a treat! rendeer

Not so bad, Yeee - not so bad at all. This guy is Preypacer without doubt - the third chief who could easier send-talk to animals than to his own kin.
So we have snowboarder Timmorn, Tarzan actor Preypacer ... and opera singer Savah. ^^ It is wonderful to have one more calendar here, Kat - one more facet to look at ... admire ... have fun with.

Thank you for gathering and commenting in this thread, dear friends and packmates. It makes Advent time special for me. Very Happy I love you

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 am

Eh-he... good doggy. Good doggy.

And Prey-Pacer is looking good.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 5:57 pm

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 2009-210 See!

It's wonderful that both of the calendars offer you a pleasant sight, G0lden. sunny The EQ girl is Brownberry (not Foxfur) - guess you've mixed names. You are one of my earliest followers ... your joy is important for me.

Glad you have fun with the unknown ones, Redhead Ember and call them pretty. I don't want to disappoint our most eager chieftess! I see you've become a dog whisperer, too. ^^

Warm earthy browns for the potter, Wolfi Hungry Wolf It fits indeed in more than one way.
Most of the Law and Chaos characters have the generic High One and Glider look. Good chance Cymorel reminds you of one of the Gliders.

Thanks for the praise, Kat! Very Happy Your Pixel Calendar is a win! Looking forward to see the next window open.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 1:07 am

Love the new pretties. I can only recognize Kahvi..

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 5:36 am

I see you went with the Kahvi is most definitely dead option for the 2009 one, even though I guess it wasn't 100% confirmed until Final Quest.

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Got a little behind, work is being a pain... may be looking for another job soon...

New update is up: 2019 Holiday Pixel Advent

The Suntop one is GORGEOUS and loving the Law and Chaos ones!

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Nice red bauble of Kahvi! Kahvi and I think that bird is little Trill?

I love the other three baubles as well! I love that the chain around that monsters neck is outside of the bauble!! It looks as if it's going to jump out of the bauble!

I love the new pixels, kat! I love the huntress Skyfire one!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Oldies are goldies, G0lden! sunny Good old Kahvi was a familiar sight - and she's truely pretty. The EQ ones you've missed to recognize are rarely seen. The guy in the violet ball is Shushen, Dart's first love ... and the golden star holds Drift, a Wavedancer and Moonmirror's dad.
For L&C we have elfin King Elric, his first wife Cymorel, a random watchdog and Elric's human friend and sidekick Moonglum.

I see with pleasure that you look at the calendar repost too, Redhead Ember and you are right. Considering the Go-Back live style and philosophy and the revelation that Kahvi has wolf blood I've made an educated guess. Most probably she has not survived the past 10K years. And - she was the only important character who didn't make it in the 2008 calendar. She had to show up in the next one. XD

You are back with two tiny wonders, Kat! Like An amazing Two-Spear doing a war dance ... almost monochrome in hues of earthy wine red. Followed by protective, strident Skyfire, very characteristic in greens and red and brown. Rahnee is really missing in this set - simply bring her along in case you need a filler to fool troublesome life. ^^

Giving love for Kahvi and for Littletrill I love you ... and all the others as well. You are such a darling, Wolfie! I simply had to include Littletrill ... Aroree was so sad when she lost her bird it almost made me cry. Her last connection with her old life and lost tribemates, her familiar bond in an unknown new world - Littletrill was a beloved dead for sure.
It's fun to "break the fourth wall" with my motives at time. I love that you also like this effects, Wolfie  Hungry Wolf  ... adds some life and drama. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 1:11 am

Great new pretties

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 8:38 pm

So much fun! I just had to go back and read the book again!! I always did love the look on the gal with teal and black hair. She just stood out. The birdy was a shock, I forgot about him.

So far Skyfire has been my favorite of this set, she did turn out amazing, I just loved her! Next chief is up Smile

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 12:09 am

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 2009-310

Fellow ELVES! TROLLS! Bondbeasts and HUMAN FRIENDS!
This is an open SENDING!
You are invited to visit and gather in the Advent thread - come and see whether you find YOUR Beloved Dead in the collection.

More pretties for you, G0lden. Take care and stay well, my friend.

That you know - and just reread Law and Chaos - is double joy for me, Kat. You actually know the characters I show. Very Happy
Yup, birdies and wolves and ponies and what else are characters and welcome options for my calendars, too. ^^

As expected Freefoot showed up today in your calendar. His look is pictured well in tiny size as usual, Kat. Zooming in reveals how detailed your work really is - even the ties of his boots are recognizable. For me each sprite is equally precious.
And you've added an unexpected bonus Very Happy ... Rahnee showed up at her sire's side! I see style and pose from the Ten Chiefs centerfold. Thank you for adding her. I love you *hugs and kisses*

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 6:44 am

I have no clue who that guy is, but I have a suspicion that if he met Strongbow they'd probably… just sit and stare at each other.

Is that Goodtree in the pixels?

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 7:44 am

Goodtree is coming, that's Freefoot. She'll be up on Sunday. I do have a surprise this year, I had to look at my old calendars to remember it Smile

Rain!! *hugs Rain* He's such a cutie with those whiskers! Yrkoon looks very evil!

Beryl

Beryl

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 9:34 am

I need to read law a chaos, it looks interesting
It is so lovely to see the 2009 calendar reloaded cheers
Rain looks so thoughtful.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 11:01 am

Beautiful orange bauble of Rain!
Another one for Law and Chaos! I really love that blue bauble with the little light and black effects!

New Pixels! Looks like it's Rahnee the She-Wolf and Freefoot! Freefoot's pizel if my favorite at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 2:07 am

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 2019_p10 Please!

*chuckles* Maybe, Redhead, maybe. Ember A bit too black-haired for a Strongbow double but somewhere between our dear archer and "Prince" Anton we can find this guy. ^^ I like that you see similarities with EQ as I do.

Whiskers! Laughing Never looked at it this way, Kat! I did not realize that this raven-maned "random guy" has a name. O.O Thanks for the input. Very Happy

Welcome to the Advent thread, dear Beryl! flower *hugs* I'm glad that Law and Chaos captured your interest. Very Happy Hope you'll find more pretty and interesting sights.

Rain was such a darling ... he deserves all the love he gets. And you always find something to love here, Wolfie. I love you You always have a kind and loving word for ALL the calendars. Very Happy

@Beryl @wolfmoonsky In case you want another baublehead santa for your collection let me know one of your favorite pictures!

Speaking of pictures and baubleheads ...

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 2019_p13

Years ago you've humbly asked me to "dig in your avatars" for bauble motives, PCoquelin. It was such a pleasant task. As the calendar got an extension I've figured the Suntop series needs new additions, too. The "Please" one was the most unlikely one to present - hard to bauble due to the extreme close-up. I hope you like my solution.
I've made it avatar size too - because I can. Gather it if you like, my friend. I know your online face Suntop Uncomfortable will never change.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 4:51 am

Bearclaw Joyleaf
Is it pure coincidence, or did you purposely pick an old calendar for re-posting that fits with the Sunday dates?

And I'm guessing the Advent theme for this year is someone from the Law and Chaos paired with a similar Elfquest character.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 8:49 am

You got it, Chieftess! Like

I've picked the maximally fitting calendar for repost and will rearrange a few days before Christmas to keep it this way. Of course it got an extension to fit the new "Christmas ends at Three Kings Day" rule. ^^ Means you'll find some new windows in the 2009 calendar as well, Red.
Right with the Advent theme, too. I've seen so many coincidences in expressions, styles, poses and overall look - I wanted to emphasise and point out some of them. Of course it works best if you know the complete L&O picture.

You can make it a memory game and look for more similarities ...
Peacehounds? Madcoil? ... "good doggie" has an unfinished reptile tail. Madcoil
Striking ressemblance of Cymorel and first draft of Winnowill.
The Strongbow lookalike you've spotted ...
And of course not all will have an easily spotted doppelgänger. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 9:32 am

hey, I find the albino is somehow a white version of Rayek, he is cursed with that sword like Rayek with that Winnie-spirit:"an outcast of both humankind and elfkind" , that text for the albino is exactly what Rayek says about himself in "Rogues Curse"!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Bearclaw and Joyleaf. Plus Treestump!

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Gorgeous new additions! I love how you parallel Law & Chaos and ElfQuest. Bearclaw and Joyleaf... LOVE um!! Plus you'll be seeing them on mine soon too Very Happy

3 new ones on the pixel calendar. One I just had to toss in there, I made a dressed one before, but it didn't fit who I was going here. Couldn't get Tanner's cloth quite right.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 pm

okay, 8 is Timmain? And is 7 Joyleaf? 6 ?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Good point, Yeee! I'm a very visual type (ein absolutes "Augentier" trifft's besser ^^) thus I was going for pictures only. But you are right - the similarities in fate are obvious. And you know your Rayek well enough to catch this quote!
Right now Kat follows the Chief's row - 6th is Freefoot, 7th is Tanner and 8th is Goodtree. Timmain sneaked in with Goodtree. You've talked about the pixel calendar, have you?

You've found many good old EQ friends this time, G0lden! sunny A chief couple and a best friend and brother. ^^

Thanks for the praise, Kat! *hugs* I love the old characters and good old art.
Showing parallels was one reason for the EQ characters in the L&O calendar ... the other reason was simply EQ bait for my dear visitors. They expect to find some ElfQuest, right? ^^
Finally the chiefs managed to catch up! cheers I notice you do your best to imitate the Ten Chiefs centerfold. Many sprites are as close as possible in pose and colors. Freefort is followed by Tanner as it should be ... complete with tanned leather and the white crest of his elder look. Goodtree is pretty in green with leaves and vines - a dryad. ^^.
And Timmain sneaked in with Goodtree. Love to see her joining in ... how did you know that I've missed the very first leader? Little works of art all of them, Kat.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next