Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stargazer's Hunt #3

Go down 
+10
Sorandril [BANNED]
LurkingCat
faeriegirl
Tynami
Embala
Yeee
Josine
Stargazer
Shadowpath
Miss Gillespie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Empty
PostSubject: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 7:29 pm

There's a preview from comic con out there...

Spoiler:

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 7:45 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 9:03 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Spoiler:

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 ZL1JzY2
Previously known as Zinegirl
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 5:54 pm

(now that it's out, I will not bother spoiler warnings)

the last page was ugly, if copy/pasting, at least try to harmonize the pictures.

I will never call him anything but Chad/Cutlet #factsarefacts

this was another non-event story. It's even worse than most other non-event stories, as we already know there are no consequences to any decision. Maybe Jink will apologize to Skywise for robbing him of the chance to see her grow up? That's twisted. Skywise is a garbage father, she should never have to apologize to him.

Jink and Cutlet recognizing would be so idiotic (oh, see, the son of Cutter and the daughter of Skywise, full circle and shit*), I hope they refrain.

As an example of true storytelling mastery, we are told what Jink is like, we cannot see from ourselves.
Also, rambling on how she learns of love and mating while laying naked with her mom on grass is super gross, but whatef

*their child would have the same soul on the grandparent's side, twice

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 8:32 pm

I'll make a coherent comment when I stop laughing

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Ok.
-We’re back to the art being bad. It looks shaky and “loose” for most of the time.
-There’s some really weird insinuations in this issue and I’m very ‘Nope’ on them.
-Cutter’s kid, the new one? He’s in it. He almost looks nice sometimes but the art inherently fails him.
-There’s a bit in the end were Jink is drawn in a much higher quality art style than the rest of the page, it’s legit art whiplash.
- ^ the whole issue is actually art whiplash. It honestly looks like it’s drawn by several bad artists that only let the good one draw about two things, the jerks.
-Terrible. Just...all of it.
-Just...no.
-Hahahaha

(side note, I like the unknown elf lady on the first page?)

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Oh my, thanx so much to tell us, that the comic is availlable now! I have not read it now, just found it. Wow, I am curious what Chads name is. If it is shitty ugly, then lets call him Chad as a soulname, lol.
Ok, thanx also for warning me about bad drawings so, I have to expect less to be not disappointed. What was that chad and Jink might recognize??? Urgh! please not!

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Courts122 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Rayhan262 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Rayhan272 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 7:25 pm

@Shadowpath Unknown elf lady on the first page? Let's see whether I can identify all of them.
from left to right: Tickletoe - Harotim . Aroree - Spray - Timmain/Jink - Brill - Dodia - Salt
The other two colored Preservers are on the centerfold plate but not named (left one is in the midde of the plate, back shown towards viewer - right one is in the left upper corner of the panel, bringing berries). No clue about the elf shadow in the far background.

Not sure ... but something looks off about Cutlet's eyes. Not elfquesty. I agree that a large part of the art is not satisfying. I like Yun's matured look, tho. Sadly it's off as well - in the following pictures (and in the #4 cover) she's back to her more youthful self.
I like Jink's look on the last panel ... but what happened to her colors? Is this supposed to be "forest shadow"? Or was she roasted by radiation during space travel? XD Seriously. I don't get it.
About the story ... "Another filler issue!" was my thought halfway through. Rolling Eyes

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 pm

I didn't recognize her at least.
2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 4dcf1ab45da8e69e418c59ea28a1ce7f00fa4991

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 12:48 am

Yes, that's Spray - her hair and silkstuff style identify her.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 2:29 am

On the last page, Jink doesn't look at Chad, she is staring sexily off into the far distance. I think, I've seen this drawing before, isn't is similar to the cover?

Does Cutlet shave his hair or is it naturally shorter on one side?

Oh, why did Jink remove all of Skywise's memories, when his issue was clearly the TimTam-reveal. He did not freak out because of Cutter's death but because of Timmain (in actuality, he didn't even really freak out, but whatef ). But she was just a toddler, you say. She was a very knowledgeable toddler, I reply, she knew other things beyond her age, so why not this?

@Yeee Cutlet and Jink will fuck and I see a chance of them recognizing. Give them fans what they want, elf babies

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 7:35 am

A few thoughts...

Why is Jink so...posed? Her poses don’t look natural, she looks like she’s doing a photo shoot. It started to really annoy me. Also, why is she the only female elf ever with actually visible nipples? I get it, she’s supposed to be really sexy, but it’s trying too hard. She’s like a character from Zoolander...

Don’t tell us that she’s ‘lovely, confident, irrepressible, vivacious’ - show us! This is just bad storytelling.

That panel about Jink learning about lovemating etc, whilst lying naked in the grass with her mother...no. Just no.The implications of that panel are just squirm inducing.

Goldruff seems like such an archetypal teenager - ‘ugh, leave me alone, Yun...why is everyone getting on my case? Everyone is such a drag.’
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 1:28 pm

I was going nuts looking for it, so I just want to post this...
http://www.comicon.com/2020/03/06/a-daughters-quest-begins-in-elfquest-stargazers-hunt-3-exclusive-preview/

Reading it now Smile

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Kat-s1662 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Kat-s1682 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Kat-s1672 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 3:01 pm

OMG ... his name is Goldruff! I've read it last night already - and was too tired to realize! Rolling Eyes

*probably must work to improve my text understanding*

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 7:52 pm

Goldruff, does that name refer to the gold ring around his neck,or on his golden blonde hair?
He wouldn`t be the first child of Cutter to have a name that refers to the hair colour.
Ruff is also a species name for birds, which are combative  (the male ones) and which wear feather headdresses that match Chad's hair..
I prefer the bird relation, there is something of Chad in those birds  Laughing
Still, I prefer "Chad" before Goldruff.

@Miss Gillespie: Yes, I strongly believe too that they will fuck. ( The single picture on the letter page shows something: Jink exchanged her red lingerie for Chad's fur and a black hair band. Looks like they just fucked.
The whole tribe contains nearly of male elfs now, with all the few females bonded to a partner, which leaves some lonely males. The perfect backdrop for Jink to be able to live out all of her sex goddess abilities upon Chad and the other " boys".
But recognition? Nah! The character Jink is not designed for something like recognition. That wouldn't quite fit.

The art: I strongly believe that some pages were done by Wendy e.g. page 18: I always look at Chads nose and eyes , Sonny can`t draw the nose like Wendy but on page 18 it is perfect as the whole rest on that page looks like Wendys drawing style.

Stargazer wrote: "That panel about Jink learning about lovemating etc, whilst lying naked in the grass with her mother."
Yes....just yes, I think so. Elves seem to be very open to strange sexual practices. But ok, if both find it good.
(Then I am not so very wrong with my own fan-story, which is very weird in its own way. grin)
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 9:35 am

Just read it.
Yuck.
Filler-issue, weird art, and Goldruff/Chad just couldn't be any more annoying.

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Faerie10
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 11:38 am

I read the first three issues and I really hope it's not only a Hunt for the Stargazer by his Mary-Sueish Daughter... I don't like Jink, maybe because of her portrayal as this perfect being. The teaser texts on the Dark Horse Website for the issues are really, really bad...  "the amazing and gifted Jink", "Jink, grown into an amazing young woman", " the fabulous Jink"... And the tell and not show stile of #3 is not helping.
I haven't really read Jink, the Rebels and Future Quest, so I don't know how she is supposed to be like...
I'm a Starwise fan and I hoped for a Starwise centred story. I'm afraid they put him in wrapstuff the whole time, because they don't know a clever way to show his hunt for his memories. Why doesn't he start on TWTM? He doesn't seem to be THAT confused.

Chad/Goldruff: I like the dynamic with Yun and his kinda rebellious character. The name... I would have tipped on Quickblade, the unused son  from the early stages of EQ: http://www.elfquest.com/images/fun/images/EQ103.jpg
Goldruff is kind of a silly name in my ears, maybe because English is not my native language and I miss something? But I can't image Leetah to give such a name to her child.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 2:24 pm

Calling him Quickblade whould have been a nice name and fitting his temper. ^^ We can still hope that Goldruff is his "cub name" and there will be a naming day coming soon. ^^
btw: Jink is rather true to herself in the future tales. Suntop Uncomfortable

Glad you are back, Cat. cathat Stay well.

Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 am

Thank you, Embala cat
I hope you and all you other father tree tribe mates are well!

Yeah, maybe it is his cub name. I hope so. I wonder how his name translate into German? Goldkrause? Goldkragen? Or is the ruff the bird Kampfläufer?

The art... I know Wendy does the covers and layouts and Sonny draws over them. #1 was imo okay... #2 I was hopefull and #3 is fully back to copy-paste-badness. Even the over used copy-paste FQ Sunstream is back Sad

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Copy-paste Sunstream? that would explain a lot i think lol.

This whole thing from FQ onward honestly feels like Wendy is doing donuts with the Palace and getting dizzy.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Embala wrote:
Calling him Quickblade whould have been a nice name and fitting his temper. ^^ We can still hope that Goldruff is his "cub name" and there will be a naming day coming soon. ^^

Aren’t we even sure that is his name, and not just Yun’s nickname for him, like the way some elves would call Skywise “Stargazer” in casual conversation? Or Squirrel-Cheeks for Pike? Seemed very ambiguous to me. Suppose we’ll know for sure come the next ish there are introductions with jink.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 2:53 pm

Good point, wingthing - but sadly we do. As so often nowerdays we get confirmation or explanation outside the story.

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 4:29 pm

2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Link_s10

Well, as much as it makes total sense that this kid is, in some other time, probably Link....

i sense things coming full circle once Nintendo gets a load of his blade...
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Embala wrote:
Good point, wingthing - but sadly we do. As so often nowerdays we get confirmation or explanation outside the story.

Shocked I... I’m astonished they’re still updating the character lists, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   2 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargazer's Hunt #3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next