Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+13
TrollHammer
Stormcatcher
Evil Evie
Kojiyumi
PCoquelin
jaRf
faeriegirl
Yeee
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
G0lden
Tynami
Embala
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 7:27 pm

Happy new year to you all.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 7:27 pm

Happy New Year, fae! flower happy New Year, Yeee! Fishy

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2009-910

Celebrate!

Oh WOW ... your elaborate comments made my day. I love to read about your views and thoughts, Wolfie. Hungry Wolf

Right, Wolfie, usually it looks better - more real - when the picture position fits with the bauble. Warm and earthy colors for Nonna and Adar - like Wendy Pini has chosen for their lookalikes. Crescent with her wolffriend Windchaser was too lovely and cheerful not to use. Do you remember how Tyleet described her foster son? "Beautiful in his own way ..."
That's Yif indeed ... and of course he comes with two stags. Okay - two very strange cutified reindeers. ^^ Windstone is one of my favorites among the supporting characters - a "beloved dead" of my own.
The crashed bauble has actually a story, Wolfie. When I planned this calendar 10 years ago I've asked: Tell me who you want to see! And Redhead Ember has chosen spot on the one character I did NOT want to bauble. Lutai - a faceless Sunvillager who was seen only once. Okay ... I got the idea with a broken bauble for a dead body. Then I was told that Richard Pini had confirmed a possibility that one of the JacKwolfriders in Dart's rescue group is possibly Lutai - and someone suggested to use his picture. Okay ... I wasn't ready to give up on my "crashed bauble idea" and thought about it again. The result was one of my best designs at that time. Very Happy

The  "12 Nights" offer an opporunity to do things different, try unusual effects ... and wickedness.
The human is Aro, who met the Elves near Sorrow's End. He told Cutter the story about the arrival and deeds of the "demons". Maggoty is an ambivalent character ... foe and helper to the Elves. In fact she's busy to rescue Strongbow in the copper bauble. Looks like a reflection in her cauldron ...
You are right with Gifa and her different faces, Wolfie - the sweet young princess, Daddy's girl who wants to prove herself to him at any cost ... and finally her desperation and rage when she's backstabed by her own brother.
The dark wolf is Cutter's fever vision of Blackfell ... a spirit ... I like to see the green stuff as ectoplasm. ^^ You've noticed everything I wanted to show with Winnowill's head! A metal bauble for the Merchenary ... and furious mood was a must do.
Havn't noticed this coincidence. *chuckles* Now I see how much it looks like the Merchenary's hand reaching out. ^^ If you take a closer look you'll notice that it is Cutter's hand holding New Moon. The motive in the glass angel is as unexpected as familiar - the Pilar of Sacrifice. A reflection in an angel ... a guardian angel?
Strongbow. Lashpaw. And fever visions. Rabies is the monster. Thanks for the praise! Very Happy Most likely this "Firstcomer" is Haken and the Proto-Troll must be the Firstcomer Troll himself. The colorful cone was like made for the Conehead ... and then there's the "cage". When I've discovered this ornament my first thought was: Unusable! The second: Grab it! Some day you'll need just THIS one! Perfect.

Law and Chaos ... you really love it, do you? Very Happy Cutter and Leetah ... Elric and Zarozinia. The similarities are obvious. I've actually designed the foreground with the spruce twig ... glad it was worth the effort! Very Happy Not sure who the "Emperors" truely are - given the complete picture they are evil. Like Lady Venovel and the Djun. I've loved to find those twisted baubles for them.
Doesn't look this Elric like Door from the Forevergreen? Jagreen Lern - King Ming - ... the "Asian" connection is not far fetched. I've needed this ornamented bauble because Jagreen's picture was incomplete. The golden leaves hide it well and suit him! You like the old hag? I must have done something right! Very Happy
Moonshade and Cymorel ... the connection in look and colors was striking. I didn't want to do them - no more dead ones. I'd planned another motive for year's end ... but those two begged and nagged until I gave in. They were right - they belong there. I love your comparison with a diamond.

Stay tuned, Wolfie! Hungry Wolf Before this season ends I'll have a REALLY unexpected surprise for you! Very Happy

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 2:39 am

New pretties.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 2:39 pm

I've just realized that the doors for the last two nights are very symbolic - even prophetic! A spider and a starfield ... who do you think will hide behind? ^^

I was in the mood to make two more baubleheads. rendeer

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_j10 - jaRf Rayek showed up for holiday greetings ...

... and it's about time that Redhead Ember gets an adult baublehead! - 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_r10

And of course there will be more pretties to look at for you, G0lden! sunny

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 3:57 pm

Cuuuute baublehead for jaRf! ...And of course for Redhead too, grin.

Edit: Yay! It`s Zey, my favourite Go-Back in the Rogues -Calendar!
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 9:32 pm

I always love to read all of your comments back, Embala! I can't believe your almost done with all of them! only one for each to go. This year's one was amazing. I had a lot of fun with all of them, specially with the law and chaos one!

I love the baubles you made for jaRF and Redhead. Ember  I specially love Redhead's one! The image you used is just great and I love what you did with her ponytail!

I love this bauble of Adya, if it is him at least! I love the gold glittery wings!

I really like this bauble of Bowki! I love the gold color with the stripes. I also love the that the backgropund has red and green colors in it. It fits with his outfit!

Kimo! Kimo I love the image and blue color you have chosen for his bauble! He looks very peaceful!

I can't tell if this is Urda or Krim! Krim Grin I love the ropes around the bauble. It gives a nice effect, however it does feel like she's trapped!

Beautiful star shaped bauble of Ruffel! I love that you used this kind of pink color for her. Pink is her color afther all! Beautiful image. I love that the flower is outside of the bauble and yet it's still in her hand.

The 12 Nights 2019 - Villians, Rogues and Monsters

GROHMUL DJUN! He's right where he belongs! I like this blue background in his bauble, together with the crystal thingy's. Not really sure what those are, but I like it!

I know this one! why don't I know who this one is?! Mad  I love the fire background, the flames look awesome!

I love Zey's bauble! I love this image of him and I really love what you did with the background in the bauble!

I love the warm red colors in this one! I like the little light effects. This one looks so familiar, but I can't seem to remember who this one is either! I know them, but I don't know from where!

2019 - Law and Chaos

Now, these baubles are interesting! Two gliders in green baubles and ''The radiant lords of the law'' in the blue ones! They do look like gliders! While they seem calm, the gliders seem to defent themselves /attack or avoid an attack!

The sword demon!... he kinda belongs in the Villians, Rogues and Monsters one Laughing I love that you made the sword outside the bauble, like it's floathing away! The black bauble suites the image and situation. However, do I really see a rainbow behind the demon?

I love that you made so many Elric baubles! I like the snow flaxes on the bauble. It gives him the winter fibe! Sadly, it's his last smiling image..

This one if very different from all the baubles you have made so far! I love the rose next to the bauble. And I love that you put this fairy next to the bauble, instead of inside of it!

And as last, the lead dragon, Flamefang! You made him look very cute in this bauble! XD I love the yellow dots in the bauble. It makes it look like that there are many stars in the sky, or maybe like little fireflies. Anyway, it gives a very nice glowing effect.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 3:14 am

Moonshade! Plus more pretties!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 7:34 pm

Na da schau an! Shocked Even a bastard like Zey has fans! Admittedly I like his look, Yeee. ^^

I'm happy Law and Chaos was so entertaining for you, Wolfie. Hungry Wolf I 've promied you a special surprise for the last doors. Ready in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...?

Not Adya. You see an unusual portrait of a dreamer who wished he could fly - Tyldak! Nerd information: the winged ornament is the "golden snitch" from Harry Potter. ^^
You've noticed it! I've chosen Bowki's ornamant exactly because of this background. Very Happy And I've found the one portrait of Kimo I really like - the "oldfashioned" style from HY #4 in the big healing scene. Now that you've mentioned it I see the resemblance - it's Krim. I've used this extreme close-up and needed "borders" to frame the face ... the rope was practical and the color of the bauble was perfect.
Pink for Ruffel was a must do. About the star - once again I've needed an unusual shape to make the chosen picture fit. This one was so cheerful ... and the flower should be free like Ruffel.

The Djun had to wait long for his place in the Nights. The crystal thingies are probably just light reflections. The special effect of this sphere was the copper "bowl" around the bottom half. It was turned into Grohmul's armor. ^^
I've added the flames to make the beast looks good. You remember the "lord of the Shapechanged" for sure, Wolfie - I've nicknamed the twisted bear creature "LotSch", Wink
Zey is another typical baddie. And he has chosen his bauble. I swear - he made the alternative one disappear when I've tried to ask a friend which one is better. XD And in the red light you see Nunkah, the third absolute villian - Shuna's first husband, also called Spider.
Of course the Lords of Law and the Gliders must have a "comparison ornament"! And it was great to design it the way it looks now. I'm really proud of this one. The second glider had to jump out of the bauble before he was hit by Strongbow's arrow. ^^ Making it this way was FUN! Very Happy
The sword demon was another special bauble - one that "made itself" in a way. When there are not special "Nights" for a series, the baddies show up around the turn of the year. And the rainbow ... it mirrors the sky in the background. And even in L&C there's a new day comoing after the end of wolrlds, isn't it? Smile
All these versions of Elric reminded me of different EQ characters or single drawings from the EQ series. Last Elric reminds me of Aurek from the KAHVI series. I definitely prefer this version before the FQ zombie in the Palace. As this drawing of Elric was uncolored I had another chance to do something special. Wink
This rose fairy complements the earlier dragon/gargoyle ornament. Both refused to be banned in a sphere as usual. And I had baubles with roses handy. Very Happy
Flamefang claimed a special bauble, too. I imagine the "dots" are light sparks or firey embers. A glowing home for a dragon. And his horns were breaking free.

Another pretty baublehead ... 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_l10 ... because I like!

Moonshade nagged her way in, G0lden. Looks like she really wanted to be in the L&C calendar ... as a dead one. Shocked I've just realized that Moonshade missed a place in the Beloved Dead calendar! No wonder she insisted on an entry elsewhere.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Christmas time ends with Three Kings Day - three "Queens" will end this calendar ...

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2020_310

...  former chieftesses fitting the Beloved Dead topic.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 12:01 am

Looks like Goodtree and more pretties

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 4:37 pm

Right, G0lden - Rahnee, Huntress Skyfire and Goodtree.
Awww ... you have not looked at the calendars anymore? I've hoped you would like the last window of the Beloved Dead series. And I was so proud of it!

There are only two tasks left ...

... saying THANK YOU for your company, your joy and your awesome, loving comments *HUG*
... and gathering this year's bauble heads - the gifts for my dear visitors:

Thank You very much!

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_l10 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_b11 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_f10 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_g10
5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_j10 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_t10 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_p11 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_r10
5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_s10 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_w10 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_y11 5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_y10

Please note - this is not supposed to be a list of my visitors. It's just a gathering of newly made bauble heads.
Don't feel neglected or forgotten if YOUR bauble avatar is not in this season's collection. *hugs*

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 11:24 pm

Cutter! love all the pretties

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 6:01 am

Cutter of course, G0lden Cutter Cool - and his first and last wolffriends, Nightrunner and Filcher (last one who died). Couldn't include Leetah for obvious reason. ^^
I really like how this tribute to Tam turned out.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:17 pm

And this had come to an end for now. You have done it again, Embala! Another year and another calendar full of beautiful baubles!

Cutter and his wolffriends! I love how this one turned out! Cutter Smile Hungry Wolf I love that the baubles make it look like candles, as if we all lightened the candles in memorial for Cutter. Cutter with his eyes closed in the back makes it also seem that way.

Skywise from wolfshadow!! I love this!!! Skywise smile I love the three different forms of skywise in this one, together with the lodestone! I get why he's in here. Such a lovely suprise!

Awww! Moonglum with two women and skywise in the back. This is perfect for so many reasons! I love how it seems like moonglum is looking at skywise while Skywise looks at the women! Skywise Wink Very beautiful baubles! I love the colors and the little light effects and texture in the baubles.

Such a sweet and pretty baublehead of Elric and Zarozinia!

Rahnee, Huntress Skyfire and Goodtree! Very nice baubles!

I love all the bauble heads you made for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 8:40 pm

I was waiting for you, Wolfie  Hungry Wolf  ... couldn't close the season before your last comment. *hugs*
The last panel of the Beloved Dead calendar was for Cutter. No other way! When I looked for the fitting bauble(s) I always ended up with a picture of four candles. It was too short for the banner size I've needed but - Cutter wanted candles! So I've made up the missing background, chose pictures of young and matured Cutter and added two wolffriends. I was surprised and very satisfied by the intensity. Surprised You've described the vibe of the final panel beautifully, Wolfie.
Of course Skywise couldn't end the Beloved Dead calendar but I wanted to continue the tradition. Wouldn't it be interesting to have Skywise in the 12 Nights? ^^ Storm reminded me of Wolfshadow - perfectly fitting my monster definition. Of course I had to redeem him and offer you a pleasant sight in the end. You've gotten the picture language well, Wolfie!
Last not least there was L&C ... Moonglum's faible for the girls reminded me so much of Skywise's character. Making him steal away Moonglum's girls was pure fun!  Skywise Wink
Thank you for being here for the Advent season once more, Wolfie. Thank you for your interest and the loving comments. I love you

This was a contribution and Thank You gift by Moonmoss in the 2009 season.
Moonmoss wrote:
5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2009-t10

Here's a little thank you for making such a beautiful calendar for us Hug

It's perfect to end this season, even more as it features Moonshade, the one beloved dead who has missed to be in the Beloved Dead calendar itself.

Thank You very much!

*bows to the audience* Very Happy *drops curtain*

I'd love to see you all return next Advent - following the new year's calendar. santa And if you want to give me an extra treat - or just wish to spread the Christmas feeling - come back as a bauble head ... except you try to get another one. rendeer *chuckles*

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 11:54 am

Embala wrote:

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 2019_j10

Awww, thanks for the bauble, Embala. Scouter
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 3:29 pm

You are welcome, jaRf! Rayek It was a pleasant little challenge to make it fit. Very Happy

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 5:39 am

It's not the time yet ...  scratch but high time to ask for inspiratin.

rendeer What can be the topic of the Advent Calendar 2020? santa

HERE you find the previous years.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 7:12 am

Yes, you are right, crafting takes so much time. Just had the idea "let it snow" , because we had nearly nothing the last 2 years. But that might be not realizable in small baubles.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Yeee wrote:
Yes, you are right, crafting takes so much time. Just had the idea "let it snow" , because we had nearly nothing the last 2 years. But that might be not realizable in small baubles.

Could simply be various scenes taking place in the snow. Lot's of those.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Embala wrote:
It's not the time yet ...  scratch but high time to ask for inspiratin.

rendeer What can be the topic of the Advent Calendar 2020? santa

HERE you find the previous years.

I propose " Elfin Dance ".

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 Pc050_10

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Christmas!!!!

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm

5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 6042668_rKJ5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 27949397_Ir45 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 6042668_rKJ5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 27949397_Ir45 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 6042668_rKJ5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 27949397_Ir45 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 6042668_rKJ5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 27949397_Ir4

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Awwwww, cute Kitties!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Looking forward to the new season, Golden? Very Happy I'll do my very best!

"Elfin Dance!" - that's both tempting and challenging, PC. And a chorus line of dancing cats obviously supports this idea. Charming little dancers, Kat. cat An idea to keep in mind ... and hopefully one I'll be able to visualize one way or the other. But not for this Advent ...

I've realized that this Advent, my extended calender, will display exactly 39 windows - the perfect number to create a collection of pairs. Therefore I'll go for couples I love you - EQ should offer enough! ^^

The suggestion to "Let it Snow" is a challenging one as well - you've already realized that the bauble size is crucial, Yeee. However your idea took roots in my mind - I've plans already! ^^
Those scenes in the snow will have an entry this season, Redhead Ember

Thanks for the input, friends. rendeer Stay tuned! santa

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   5 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 4 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next