Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silly Questions that Go Unanswered

Go down 
+21
Bluetree
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Evil Evie
Miss Gillespie
Redhead Ember
Davrille
Embala
Leanan
Kindredsoul
TrollHammer
G0lden
Merelf
Elwing
Zadzi
wingthing
kathleen3.0
sun girl
Lunakat
truelight
Vaeri
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Better question: did Bearflaw ever tell a Dad Joke?

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 10:03 pm

Timmain + Cutter = Twitter

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:58 am

Trollbabe wrote:
Timmain + Cutter = Twitter

Definately twitterpated. But I thought suntop was the social media central server...

So I know it came up a lot in the old forum and whatnot before Final Quest, but I have to wonder, what if... Just what if the scroll of colors, thr Palace, whatever determines Recognition... What if it got a little peculiar in middle of Dr Evil Timmain's Freaky Friday Bodysnatcher Swapper Sex Change Test Tube Baby Experiment thing and figured, hey, I've been siring here bored for 10 thousand years, lets make Timmain and Cutter Recognize and stir up some trouble..?
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:06 am

This talk of recognition made me wonder: What if Elves bred with human celebrities, both in and out of Recognition?

As an example, I'd like to meet the offspring of Kahvi and L.L. Cool J.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:46 pm

There was a lot of questions brought up with that one scene with (Berrypatch? Patch? Cant remember) that human kid getting molested by a female elf an order of magnatude or so his elder, that left the poor kid running for his life... "Blood-song" not clicking or something they said, just what exactly was going on there? Seems a fairly normal reaction if a person were propositioned by someone in their eights of eighties... And who knows what "parts" there are when you mix cave drawings, wolf parts and alien parts in a blender and say "hey, humie, want some of that?" No wonder the poor kid fit in so poorly wherever he went. Traumatized much?

(Trying to keep it humorous and PG, nothing more intended, PM me if its an issue and Ill get rid of it)

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 11:00 pm

I believe that was the "Little Patch" story from "Hidden Years." I always wondered if that was inspired by Vulcan Pon Farr.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 1:33 am

Trollbabe wrote:
I believe that was the "Little Patch" story from "Hidden Years."  I always wondered if that was inspired by Vulcan Pon Farr.

Whats that say about Spock's mom? Definate not someone to mess with Im guessing?
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 5:35 pm

How do Holt Elves, living in such small quarters, decide what to keep around the den?

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Has there ever been a hoarder elf, just a den overflowing with stuff?

4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Kat-s1664 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Kat-s1684 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Kat-s1674 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 pm

Yes, Packrat the Wolfrider. He often fell behind on hunts because he carried so much gear. His wolf was bow-legged from the weight.

There was a Troll who won so many games of toss-stone that he accumulated more winnings than he could use. He had not only gold and gems, but furs, weapons, furniture and tools, won from Elves and Trolls alike.

When he ran out of space, he simply dug more rooms. Finally he discovered that sales was a logical career switch from gambling.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 2:30 am

And dont even mentin the hoarding Preservers....

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 3:42 pm

How does a Preserver spew so much goo all at once anyway? Being so small, yet they spew gallons of it. Even spiders don't spew that much webbing out O.o How is produced so fast and so much "sticky vomit"

4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Santa_104 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Downlo234 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Av_cut104 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 8:29 pm

There was a Preserver named KonMari, who tried to get the other Preservers and Winnowill to stop hanging on to useless things like dead humans and wrapstuffed animals. Not sure what Winny did with the poor thing.

Preservers refer to honey as "beesweets", so they probably eat. They don't appear to have genitals or ani, so everything they take in must magically become wrapstuff.

Spider-Man's web ducts don't weigh him down, yet they produce enough instant webbing to wrap up multiple thugs. I wonder if his formula is similar to what the Preservers produce?

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 1:37 am

I spiderman's case he has a perserver surgically implanted in each arm.

It was a drastic measure, buf considering the hassle he got for shooting webbing from the more anotomically correct place, possibly understandable.

The preservers didnt consider it torture, though, since his lifespan was merely a blink compared to theirs, and he fed them crunchberries and and "oops all marshmallows" lucky charms.

What Ive always wondered is what happens to the webbing? Considering Timmain had to clear the palace's pilot's remains after 10000 years and the damaged wrapstuff was still more or less extant, it would imply the WoTM would eventually build up enough wrapstuff to have it hanging everywhere.

Same goes for the city where spiderman lives... Not only would there be an easily tracable pattern of webs leading to his appartment, but since that stuff is strong enough stop trains and suspend bjilding materials and people off the ground, then it stands to reason leftovers would find themselves hanging across intersections and walkways, damaging cars, causing accidents, and potentially decapitation or dismemberment when pizza delivery guys on mopeds speeding down hills run into nearly invisibly thin strands of 2000lb test strands hanging across the road half a block from their destination...

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 am

FWIW The pilot could not have been dead for very long, or else he would have been dust.

At some point, a shrewd scientist in the Marvel Universe must have obtained a sample of webbing and analyzed its chemical components.

Meanwhile, in Queens:

"I'm an adolescent genius who can design an adhesive that will instantly suspend half a ton of any material off the ground. Goodbye, Aunt May, I'm off to attend a standard public high school, from which I will graduate with my age peers. Later today I will deliver pizzas. I'll try not to decapitate myself."

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 11:55 pm

Right. Like a teacher wouldn't have figured, Hey, you might be interested in, I don't know, every scholarship around? There's always been advancement programs, and it's hard for someone to completely fly under the radar unless you're staffing with purely disenchanted baby-sitters... Oh wait... we were talking about stereotypical public education (I had some great teachers, but I had some really lousy ones too, that would rather draw murals on their desk than keep kids safe or educated. Not picking on the good teachers, just wondering how the bad ones stick around).

For that matter, I'd think even a teen that comes up with a non-reverse engineerable structural material stronger than steel and readily manufactured, with a major corporation nearby and an aunt living in poverty, would figure that so much more good could be done with that than any superhero could... Crash curtains for highways and bridges, emergency parachutes for airliners, body armor for those red-shirt security guards that are always the first to bite it in a heist, better thief deterrents for museums and banks, screens to keep wayward climbers away from high voltage lines, backup cabling for suspension bridges, strainer nets for ships to keep manatees out of the propellers... not to mention he's a step away from all sorts of high density battery tech...

Unless he's really a Lex Luthor type (wrong universe) that's planning to make his webbing conductive and take out the power grid, cause all sorts of other pandemonium and mayhem, much as Jar Jar was intended to be a sith lord.... (no, I haven't seen last season of clone wars to know if they did this yet, or held to the 'not as believable, won't go there')

What is it with spiders and Cutter, though? Does he have some sort of spider attractant biology like I seem to attract mosquitos?

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 1:27 pm

I'm so far behind in the Elfquest storyline that I don't know the whole connection between Cutter and spiders. However, I noticed that spiders in my home indicate dampness.

I could have been an engineer like my father. As I was a girl, my interest in drawing was steered toward the arts.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Quote :
What is it with spiders and Cutter, though? Does he have some sort of spider attractant biology like I seem to attract mosquitos?
NO - it's Timmain's soul who has this specific attraction - attracts spiders Winnowill of ALL seize. And as we know this was artificially "transplanted" in Cutter.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 pm

I don't know if Foxfur's hat was made from a fox's tail, or from the fur of the whole animal.

I'd just like to know what she did with the rest of the fox.

Foxes are canines, and dogs and cats aren't exactly gourmet dining.

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 am

Wolf food. Even Wolfriders won't eat raw fox except in cases of famine.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 2:54 pm

In this particular hunt, did the Wolfriders blow a horn and yell, "Tally ho!" ?

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Haven't seen a wolfrider blowing a horn yet but they might blow their noses.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 1:17 pm

They blow their noses like their wolves do: with a swinging shake of their heads as they shoot snot rockets out around them. You know, like a sprinkler.

But how do they get the rain water from puddling in the bottom of their tree dens, ruining their furs and keeping them damp and cold, which would make them sneeze? The tree would rot out too. For that matter, wouldnt the bark be rather uncomfortable and rub off down to the wood, getting things all sappy? You know, I hated when a wolfrider gets all sappy...

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 3:20 pm

That's interesting, because Cutter's Wolfriders left the burning Holt before Redlance's tree-shaping powers emerged. This left the Holt without a maintenance superintendent for at least a decade.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 3:20 pm

That's interesting, because Cutter's Wolfriders left the burning Holt before Redlance's tree-shaping powers emerged. This left the Holt without a maintenance superintendent for at least a decade.

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   4 - Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silly Questions that Go Unanswered
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next