Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...

Go down 
+50
Lunakat
G0lden
Trollbabe
PCoquelin
Twopaw
Shadowpath
Blackbird
TrollHammer
Soreyes
Tymber
manga
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
kathleen3.0
KR Wordgazer
Elwing
Leanan
Redhead Ember
Vaeri
Nibblet
Fairyring
Eregyrn
Multimedea
Dio
Miss Gillespie
ChristinaRaibert
Tam
Merelf
wingthing
Stargazer
Wiseshaman
Multi-Facets
MrsGrizzley
Jeppe
TwoEdge4Ever
Josine
jaRf
Timmain
Stormcatcher
Beryl
wolfmoonsky
willderbeast
wildfire
Startear
llannen
Davrille
Kir, the last Go-Back
Nightsea
Badger
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 am

I don't have much to add to what has already been said. I've been feeling like the Scroll of Colors was dead for awhile... killing the forum was just putting a bullet in the head of the alien replicant trying to be the SoC. Wink

I am very disappointed that so much of my fanfiction threads are gone. I still have the stories and most of them are up on ff.net or on Archive of Our Own but I miss the interactions we had! FF.net and AOO just aren't the same experience.

I had been figuring to throw the towel in but with so many of the people I was missing from the Scroll HERE and a lovely fanfic forum to post in, the completed version of "Return To Innocence" may yet see the light of day. (Er. As soon as I complete it...) And maybe even the rest of my old, planned trilogy "The Lost One," dealing with Rayek and Winnowill and the mysterious lady elf in my avatar... Smile
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:51 am

Nice to see you Manga! So has anyone seen Trollbabe? *edit* Is Trollhammer the same person??
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:17 am

That latest change definitely lost me as a regular commenter on the official "Scroll". pitypitypity.

I enjoyed the old forums very much, but the more changes all along, the less I liked it all.

Well, my feeling is I'm very much disappointed by the abrupt way that last change was inflicted to us fans; it showed NO respect.

However, I STILL love Elfquest just as much as in the early days ( 80s' ), and I'll keep an eye on what little is left of the official "Scroll" ( it resembles nothing, now, with that FB approach and the "comment on what parts we allow you to comment to" insultant way on the official website ).

My guess is our Nastybad-Editor-Bigthing lost it when Luna somehow criticized... and he ASSUMED that he could not handle it politely.

However, this brutal shutdown was no big surprise for me : what had happened previously had already warned me that the Pinis were NOT very much interested into maintaining their OWN forums !
They had inflicted us changes without warnings, before ( and even less asking fans anything )... and they have very rarely intervened on the "Scroll". Unfortunately so.

Well, I suppose they will have to face new fans, used to FB-like ways. Not my bag, indeed.

So... I guess I'll come here more often, that's all.   Very Happy

Glad to still have this place here to discuss Elfquest-related questions with other old-time fans !

Shade and sweet water !

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 am

Well Manga looks like you'll be posting stuff here on this site.

Trollhammer is the one and only. Haven't seen Trollbabe yet, but it could happen.

Those who can log onto the new EQ should be posting the link to this site as well. Wonder how many more will follow.

kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Well, I was sorry for a while for bringing it up at all, but now I'm not. And I don't think they'll do any better on FB, tbh, because I was looking up EQ on tumblr, and I found something interesting on the first page.

If WRP can't handle any criticism other than slavish sycophant-ism, that's fine with me. It just means they lost out on an opportunity to be part of the discussion instead of being included in it.
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 3:32 pm

*glomphugs Kathleen* Yays! I was really worried that we'd lose touch with you again just when you returned to us!

And so many others!

My eyes see all you dear faces with joy! cheers

Oh, and an apology from me too. Big bad rebel me, misusing words like 'should'...
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Wanna get rid of the system? Build without it.

I never lost some references to what truly mattered, elf-friends.

Make good use of it all ! Wink

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:44 pm

G0lden wrote:
Haven't seen Trollbabe yet, but it could happen.
Trollbabe joined the forum some time ago. Last I've heard was that she has log in / posting issues ...

Leanan, I have somne experiance in "misusing terms" and "missing the fine tones" myself.

WOW Shocked ... you've saved and mended it, PC! *happy dance*

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 9:06 pm

I want to give you a big hug Timmain! Cause being accused for things you haven't done and all of that drama, that really sucks! *hugs*

Lunakat *hugs* I don't know what happened but, I'm pretty sure you're not the cause of it! You should not feel guilty nor blame yourself! *big hugs* I hope you're not stressing over it! You shouldn't be! Whatever you wrote to them or not, i'm pretty sure they wouldn't shut a whole forum down because of one person. That would be a very pathetic reason.  

When it comes to criticism, it is always difficult to deal with. Some are critical but say it a little at a hurtful/cold way, allowing the other to defend themselves and/or feel hurt, no matter how good of an artist you are.
Then again, some people really can't stand critism at all, even if it is only for a good matter to help the person. They would only lash out and not listen, or in this case ''read'', to their own fans who don't mean to harm.

I think a lot of people have difficulty with giving and receive criticism. I'm one of them. Richard ''apparently'' is one of them as well. After all these years, I personally think he should have learned it by now. Both of them, certainly with their profession. They could of wrote that they would close the forum down. Instead, they just closed it without warning. It allows me a little bit disappointed, because I had expected better of these two. Because there is so much wisdom in elfquest, i always saw these two as very beautiful and wise people. Also in their facebook posts they are shown to be so. But Wise and beautiful/sweet People are not perfect either. Everyone has their bad sides. They are probably not bad people, although they both appear to be at the moment.

Maybe it was not caused by a fight or was it a personal atack at all! Maybe they wanted to do this all allong. I always got the feeling that they couldn't hande the forum very well. I don't think they knew what to do with it and maybe had no time for it, perhaps secretly not intrested in it because of the many off topics? It probably didn't go their way as they wanted the forum to be. Either way, it is still a really stupid and kinda dumb action of both of them. They should of atleast gave a warning. But in the end they are people, we're all people, and people are in my eyes not the most attractive species Rolling Eyes

Personally, I haven't been active on the forum at all, as some of you haven't either by the same reasons *altought I also have some great difficulty with communication and trying to staying comunicative*.
Why I'm pretty upset is that everything is gone now! fanfictions, the dollz thread, other artwork and all those memories with everyone. I had none artwork that I wanted to keep but, all the work that everyone had done, all gone! Thankfully some of you got some of your artwork back.

I can understand that most people are curious about it. I ''was'' too.
I think I know enough and don't care enough about it. I'm just happy this place exists and see some old members here as well! I hope some other old ones like the tree sisters Freefoot, Cleopatra and Rainflower will come her as well. if they are/were still looking into it*they probably don't even know that the forum is shut down*!

I hope we can make this place into something like the old forum was, or even better! Something we all love.
About elfquest past/present/future things, fanfiction/artwork/story/characters/game/oftopics and many more. Maybe start all over again like newbies and drool at the characters and being exited about the whole elfquest stories itself?
Hopefully, if there are any problems or fights/misunder statements here, I hope we are all to be able to handle it in a mature way. Like talk it out and try to understand each other. Can't be that hard right? Wink

Cause even now this has happened, even now that I kinda get a bad feeling from reading Elfquest at the moment, I'm not going to trow elfquest away because of the creators. I love the story, I love the characters, and like I wrote earlier, I love the wisdom in it. I'm not going to trow something away that gave me some of the joy that I needed and still need in my life! That goes to the people that I met there as well! I'n not social, don't have anyone close in real life beside my parents. Here, i met very different and beautiful people.
If the scroll didn't existed, I would of never met any of you. Elfquest still means quite a lot to me. Maybe we don't mean much to Wendy and Richard....but i'm still very thankfull.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 9:50 pm

*hugs* That was a long, heartfelt and laborious comment for you, Wolfie, I know this.

We all here are looking for a new home where we can be a community again, talking free, having fun together and being supportive. Kindredsoul will do her best to make it possible ... each of us will do their best.
I hope this will be a the good, safe place where you can participate again, Wolfie. *tight hug* I'd love to see you hang out with us more often.

About the old forum and the fanworks - it is not dead, Wolfie! It's here:
http://www.elfquest.com/forums/categories/fan-art-and-fan-fiction
... and much of it is still accessable. We lost fanfiction and artwork to time passing and the many changes but there is still a lot saved!

MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:24 pm

A lot of the old forums are still there to read, it just takes a bit of meandering around to find stuff again.

I haven't been doing anything new lately, but if the interest is there I'll search my Photobucket and start posting what dolls I actually have copies of. At least here I won't have to worry about segregating the Fey/Elfin ones from the rest of my character menagerie. *chuckle*

I've still got most of my stories so I can post some of them. Dunno if the Elf Visit Scenes are even worth pasting into something to save, I just like the fact that we, as ElfQuest Tribemembers, have that as a fanfiction format.

So yeah, all isn't *lost*. It's not like they've deleted everything. Not yet, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Hey wolfmoonsky long time no see. Glad that you are here now. I stopped being so active when the last changed before the shut down happened. Couldn't get into and didn't care too either. The Pinis may rue the day they got their golden goose.

llannen

llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:51 pm

This is why I feel welcomed by this tribe.

Frank discussion, all view points and no judgement.

I feel like a goober for saying it again but thank you. I will try to participate in other threads as well, when life doesn't get in the way....even now as I type I'm being torn to other duties. Please understand if I pop in and out......

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 12:13 am

Wendy and Richard ought to sell a book, "How To Lose Fans And Alienate Purchasers".
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 12:16 am

llannen wrote:
I will try to participate in other threads as well, when life doesn't get in the way....even now as I type I'm being torn to other duties. Please understand if I pop in and out......

This makes me realize why you are the perfect one to represent Moonshade... you already sound like your hands are full chasing Chitter around <__<
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 2:41 am

I just wish they'd trashed all my fics. Those did not stand up to a re-read, lol, I'm trash.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 3:28 am

Instead of a re-read, how about a re-write. Old work can always be improved upon. All it takes is a bit of work.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 3:58 am

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Writing-bad
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:01 am

Dark Serval wrote:

Good to see you here, and A+ gif Wink
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 am

Tam wrote:
Dark Serval wrote:

^_^

I peeked in...
...saw this thread...
...went
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 GlTwCV
...read what was going on and went
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Poexuissol6oekrr8ma1

Muse went
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Deadpan-o

So... yeah,
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Giphy
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_mj498sN7TW1qz4rgp
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:29 am

Dark Serval wrote:
Tam wrote:
Dark Serval wrote:

^_^

I peeked in...
...saw this thread...
...went
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 GlTwCV
...read what was going on and went
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Poexuissol6oekrr8ma1

Muse went
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Deadpan-o

So... yeah,
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Giphy
So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_mj498sN7TW1qz4rgp

You rock at gifs. XD These are all pretty great!
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:40 am

Tam wrote:

You rock at gifs. XD These are all pretty great!

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Hurr
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 7:26 am

I got nuthin!

@Kathleen- girlfriend, shut up! Your stories were great! A lot better than my first fic, anyway. I'm so glad they got preserved.

And you wrote them, what? Ten years ago? How old were you, even?
You are obnoxiously talented, and you know it. This is my favorite one:

http://elfquest.com/forums/discussion/1936/for-kindredsoul-some-shorts-about-cutter

You should totally rewrite- or write some new ones. New ones would be amazing.

Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:15 am

Oooh yeah. New Kathleen fics!

I loved Your fics Kathleen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:14 am

Thank you, but they were ludicrously over the top dramatic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...
Page 4 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next